Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-07-04 14:55:57, last edited by sad_Salesgirl (2020-07-06 23:41:16)

rabidRacist
Anonymous user

Do almost all people who play EE has a mental condition/illness?

I don´t want to disrespect anyone in the community and I don´t want either to be intrusive, just wondering if I am correct about this
Gonna enable anonymity so identity remain certainly private in case someone want to disagree with the topic
I am not educated in any subject of medicine or mental care, so all what I say here are just speculations
The mental conditions/illness I refer to are those:
Obsessive compulsive disorder
Autism spectrum (Including in it´s spectrum Aspergér syndrome)
depression (Including in it´s spectrum also low self-esteem)
Anxiety disorder (Including in it´s spectrum Social anxiety disorder)
Compulsive hoarding
I don´t include in the list other disorders that are not related to the list above

And I don´t refer to the players that rarely play the game, I am talking about either the players who spend huge amount of time in the forums or the game itself
I think this because the game is basically death and we are just playing a game that won´t be having much attention from the staff anytime soon, so we are doing the "same" action over and over again...
It is fair in my opinion to believe this because it is very hard to play for years the same game that does not even get updates or get them very rarely
I have been diagnosed with one or more of these conditions, how about you guys, do you agree or think similar of what I theorize here?

Ikr you guys has been making friends in this community, so it is also a possibility of why you continue playing this game
Also it could be because you think EE as a tool to create mini-games, so you really are into that kind of games and don´t find any other game like EE somewhy
But those two things does not deny that you could have any of the conditions/illness/disorders mentioned above so the two things above can be just justifications that you give to yourself to continue playing this game or being part of the forum community
PD: Excellent name given to me for this topic subject

#2 2020-07-04 14:59:46, last edited by Peaceful Plumber (2020-07-04 15:00:18)

Peaceful Plumber
Anonymous user

Re: Do almost all people who play EE has a mental condition/illness?

tl;dr yes

source: personal Expericne

Wooted by: (3)

#3 2020-07-04 15:24:45, last edited by Parasitic_parent (2020-07-04 21:42:41)

Parasitic_parent
Anonymous user

Well uh I play EE daily and
i think i have depression and social anxiety (not yet confirmed but i have some symptoms of it)
weird but lmao
I mainly play EE to beat Tier 1 in Worst campaign, afk in the lobby, or talk with people lol
-2b

#4 2020-07-04 15:41:32, last edited by Neat_nigerian (2020-07-04 15:47:33)

Neat_nigerian
Anonymous user

I went through what I'm now grateful to describe as a phase of depression in my teens. But currently, no.

You don't need to have a mental health condition to be passionate about things. But when you do have these issues, you're naturally going to only focus on the things you're passionate about to distract you from and/or cope with such issues.

Edit: I think part of the explanation is that mental health issues are just incredibly common. I recall the stat being 1/4 people will experience at least 1 mental health issue during their life. Your chances of coming across these people is even higher considering people are more open about it due to the relative anonymity of the internet and spending most of your time at a computer is often a way of coping with various mental health issues. I see a high frequency of people with mental health issues across all areas of the internet. Be they Reddit, other forums, or within games.

Wooted by: (4)

#5 2020-07-04 15:51:43

large-loudmouth
Anonymous user

Bold of you to assume that an entire 7 people have a mental health condition.

#6 2020-07-04 16:24:48

irritatingLeader73
Anonymous user

Correlating long-term EE playing with mental health issues sounds like you're turning an anecdote into a hypothesis, or even a stereotype. If you go around asking everyone their opinion, you'll probably just get a whole lot of confirmation bias.

Whether this game or community appeals to people with mental health issues and retains them more than it retains other players... is not a question any of us have the clinical experience to answer.

#7 2020-07-04 16:39:16

unsafe_zombie
Anonymous user

I don't think, or plan on ever thinking that I might have a mental complication. Instead, I prefer to think that many of those issues are just momentary events of life. This is just for me.

I believe in self-determination, and will stick to that until I get to where I want. It's a personal challenge.

#8 2020-07-04 17:38:50

weak Worker
Anonymous user

We might benefit from a small community survey, asking this information. The correlation should be pretty easy to see, all things considered.

But similarly to the above, I would argue that this perceived uptick in mental disorder could be better correlated simply with people who spend inordinate amounts of time on the internet compared to their peers.

What would disprove this, I reckon, is if you found a way to survey those who only spend a short time on EE but continue to occupy their time on the internet anyway. If we found that these people had a remarkably lower incidence of mental illness, then you'd be set to call EE a horrible horrible thing.

But, that survey would be impossible to field, as those who spend such a short time won't want to seriously consider an exit survey.

tl;dr: let's have a community poll, but you won't get any real answers.

#9 2020-07-04 18:30:36

urban_underling
Anonymous user

Woah, really obvious who the OP is

Also idk, I'm not diagnosed with anything

#10 2020-07-04 18:32:43

jumpy jumper
Anonymous user

you: lol u play ee u must be retarded xd
me: Yes. chad_gamer.jpg

urban_underling wrote:

Woah, really obvious who the OP is

Also idk, I'm not diagnosed with anything

okay john proud of you!

#11 2020-07-04 18:39:35

urban_underling
Anonymous user

jumpy jumper wrote:

okay john proud of you!

Well done!

#12 2020-07-04 19:35:34, last edited by Pathetic-parent (2020-07-04 19:36:26)

Pathetic-parent
Anonymous user

Obsessive compulsive disorder - everyone has some of them
Autism spectrum (Including in it´s spectrum Aspergér syndrome) - Autism spectrum is getting wider every year, so most normal people have to have some behaviours from the spectrum
depression (Including in it´s spectrum also low self-esteem) - everyone is sometimes sad or underestimate himself
Anxiety disorder (Including in it´s spectrum Social anxiety disorder) - as internet user (aka nolife) i have to say, true (in some way)
Compulsive hoarding - i don't know how do you link EE to that one, but it's common to collect something (like post stamps)

(no, i'm not parent, and i don't have childrens) (yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

#13 2020-07-04 20:11:23

Neat_nigerian
Anonymous user

Pathetic-parent wrote:

Obsessive compulsive disorder - everyone has some of them
Autism spectrum (Including in it´s spectrum Aspergér syndrome) - Autism spectrum is getting wider every year, so most normal people have to have some behaviours from the spectrum
depression (Including in it´s spectrum also low self-esteem) - everyone is sometimes sad or underestimate himself
Anxiety disorder (Including in it´s spectrum Social anxiety disorder) - as internet user (aka nolife) i have to say, true (in some way)
Compulsive hoarding - i don't know how do you link EE to that one, but it's common to collect something (like post stamps)

(no, i'm not parent, and i don't have childrens) (yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°))

I can't tell if this is a meme post or if you just heavily lack an understanding of what mental health issues actually are.

#14 2020-07-04 20:27:55

rabidRacist
Anonymous user

this is big pog

#15 2020-07-04 21:14:24

Odor22
Anonymous user

I suspected i had ADHD at one point so i checked with the doctor. And after extensive testing i got the answer that i am COMPLETELY normal and no diagnosis at all.
So no, not everybody here has an mental illness.
- Norwee

#16 2020-07-04 21:40:23

Corny_communist
Anonymous user

Statistically there are a lot of people with some sort of mental illnesses, and yes, I believe the EE community does work as a light bulb for mental illness moths.
I would even argue that circling around this light with the others, turns other kind of bugs into moths as well.

It is quite obvious to any outsider, when they take a look at any platform of this community, that we're quite ill minded.

The community became so accustomed to the way it acts, it cannot even see the problems of its actions.
A community contented that what's going on is absolutely ordinary.

The most common disease here is the lack of empathy.

Wooted by: (2)

#17 2020-07-04 21:48:37

weak Worker
Anonymous user

Corny_communist wrote:

I would even argue that circling around this light with the others, turns other kind of bugs into moths as well.

Are you going so far as to suggest that people who come here develop mental illness?

#18 2020-07-04 21:55:14

jumpy jumper
Anonymous user

Corny_communist wrote:

Statistically there are a lot of people with some sort of mental illnesses, and yes, I believe the EE community does work as a light bulb for mental illness moths.

It is quite obvious to any outsider, when they take a look at any platform of this community, that we're quite ill minded.

The community became so accustomed to the way it acts, it cannot even see the problems of its actions.
A community contented that what's going on is absolutely ordinary.

Hey since our community also has a presence on Discord... do you think leaving a Discord server because of not receiving a higher position of power can correlate with a mental illness?

Wooted by:

rat

#19 2020-07-04 21:58:10, last edited by Cool-Cat (2020-07-04 22:02:15)

Cool-Cat
Anonymous user

Corny_communist wrote:

Okay Zumza, we get it - community bad. We heard you the first 58 times.

#20 2020-07-04 22:28:08

Maggoty_eunuch
Anonymous user

Obsessive compulsive disorder
Autism spectrum (Including in it´s spectrum Aspergér syndrome)
depression (Including in it´s spectrum also low self-esteem)
Anxiety disorder (Including in it´s spectrum Social anxiety disorder)
Compulsive hoarding

me has all of those, me big brain

#21 2020-07-04 23:30:56, last edited by Pathetic-parent (2020-07-05 00:11:34)

Pathetic-parent
Anonymous user

Neat_nigerian wrote:
Pathetic-parent wrote:

blah.. blah.. blah..

I can't tell if this is a meme post or if you just heavily lack an understanding of what mental health issues actually are.

I just wanted to say, that i think most of EE players's mental health, even if it reseambles some disorders, it is in range of "normality", and i'm sure many people had episodes that at least reseambled some of disorders listed in OP.
I just don't think, listed behaviours that most of us have aren't as severe to take them as a disorder.

for example

Maggoty_eunuch wrote:

me has all of those, me big brain

I bet it's only half true, and even if he/she had resembling behaviours, it's not disorders that would be taken into account by a doctor "aka, behaviour in range or normality" (or at least for most of them)
My bet would be
sometimes, just checking if you locked a door properly
have no friends
low self-esteem
introvert
liking hoarding
I mean 0 "real" disorders by that and only one match to the list
Maybe I just take the list too serious, but if I won't do that, almost everyone match the list.

#22 2020-07-05 03:26:42

Intense_itch
Anonymous user

That's the thing about the word "all". It just takes one person to disprove it. Maybe you should ask if most people have a mental illness. Unless playing EE regularly is a mental illness idk.

#23 2020-07-05 04:11:14

bare bat
Anonymous user

yup, compulsive here

i just check the forum and the game everyday, and the quarentine just made it worse

Everyday when I turn the PC on, i do this:

> Check EE forum
> Spend EE energy
> Check PvZ2 upcoming content
> Check S@20
> Check my e-mail
> Check youtube new videos
> Check deliveries status
> Check Reddit
> Go to work

It MUST be in this order, if I dont follow it I just can't concentrate and do any other thing
But I'm used to it, its not like I consider it a problem...

#24 2020-07-05 05:00:59, last edited by talkingTamale (2020-07-05 19:20:21)

talkingTamale
Anonymous user

Diagnosed ADHD. Mild though, haven't been on meds since middle school and I've been fine up til these past few semesters, thinking of getting back on just to get me through classes at least. Other than that I'm pretty normal.

#25 2020-07-05 07:03:25

Lovable_lebanon
Anonymous user

i recently quit ee all of my symptoms just disappeared, it's like magic!
i was suffering every condition under the sun, headache, stomachache, heartache, thumbache, playing ee, etc
but now that i've stopped playing ee all my disorders and stuff just vanished and i've never been more happier
(yes i have a mental condition/illness)

Board footer