Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-16 15:38:07, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-07-02 18:24:07)

Minisaurus
Banned

My review of EEU

1. Portal mechanics makes it impossible to make even simple minis, it broke things so easily that it does not even worth to make minis, the staff said that those would be fixed and become closer to what we have in EE (But not the same, Xenonetix says that he don´t want to have EE portal mechanics, as they caused many bugs, he prefer to avoid that and find a replacement for it
I think it is fair to tell that the staff was discussing the possibility to have multiple type of portals types, so we would have many mechanics of the original portal splitted in different kind of portals
The problem I have with it is that these kind of portals would be limited in features since Xenonetix thinks that if a portal keeps momentum all other kind of portals should not keep momentum since there is already one portal who keep momentum
I have the conviction that that kind of reasoning is not constructive for a video game which should allow diverse mechanics without limiting them in a reason of similarities in mechanics, so I believe that we should have more than two type of portals that keep momentum in case we go with the idea of having multiple type of portals instead of a single one like we have in EE
PD: Also, the graphics of the portal does not resemble its hitbox, having an accurate graphic display of the current EEU portal mechanics would make that kind of portal to at least make sense

Hidden text

2. Arrows (Physics of the game): It is well known in the EEU discord server and EEU itself that the current physics it have are very limited and not optimized, even if they have any of the bugs EE had, EE physics still being much but very much better than EEU physics, the staff said that they are going to be making tweaks to the physics, so far I have not noticed any of those "Tweaks" but I hope they decide to truly start fixing the physics, because now these does not allow the creating of complex maps, is not fun to make minis with the current physics

Hidden text

3. Zones: Zones are extremely unoptimized, these are rarely used in the game and its mechanics are very restrictive, the mechanics of the zones should be tweaked and have a lot of more features that truly allow new styles of game play for EEU (Vision zones should have a feature that allows the player to be in the dark like Gosha wanted them to be for example, something that Xenonetix finds not desired, which I disagree)

4. Features/Action tools itself: I have suggested tons of features, and most of them were rejected, I think EEU will be very limited in features, and the features they have will be also very limited, since part of the staff thinks that EEU should not have complex features and all features should be simple enough to use in a mobile phone, features gonna remain "simple" with no extra features
Current EEU action tools tell the contrary since we are having complex features for simple things (HOW INCONVENIENT), like the portal current mechanics, this tells me that the vision of the staff will make EEU´s simple features very complicated to use, and complex features completely unexistent, lets hope we get complex features and staff understand that complex features allowed for example Happy wheels to success and become one of the best level creator games ever existed

5. Graphics: There is a lot that EEU have to show to us, it has been delayed for a year
I have made a lot of graphics that I will keep an eye to see if Joshua attempt to break any of my graphics, since one of the lastest graphics that EEU added was the "joy" smiley ( ˄⌣˄ ), Joshua altered it without my authorization, so I demanded the graphic to reset to what it was, at the end we got to a middle point of the graphic, so I will be attentive to see any unnecessary alterations to my graphics added to EEU
Security Drone auras are amazing and we will see them in EEU, again, lets hope later than never
Kentiya is working on blocks, and I see forward to see excellent blocks in EEU as we got in EE

6. Discarded features/mechanics/graphics/action tools/etc: There are a bunch of features that has been discussed in the staff, and the way the staff decide what to add and what to not add is not ideal, it is not organized and does not have mechanics to allow to decide efficiently, so all the discussion of it is placed on the table of the staff chat and everyone argue to everone, features being discarded by a single person is not a rare thing in the staff, so many of the features that has been discarded by the current staff were taken down by a single person, lets hope these discarded features by the community and the staff itself are discussed with optimized/improved systems to take decisions so more votes are in it

7. Mobile: Everyone how LIMITED and BAD implemented are the videogames added to mobile, and as so, I see how EEU will be limited in reason of compatabilities with the mobile game, so it is expected that we won´t be having in EEU the features that would only work in PC, since mobile will limit it, Joshua says that it won´t limit EEU, but I think otherwise, lets hope the staff keep his promise of quality above compatability

8. Delay of the project: EEU had delayed things for around two years now

9. Promises: I have seen how promises has been forgotten, Xenonetix is working on fixing that previous mistakes as he said

10. Staff behaviour: I inquired about this talking with Xenonetix, he says that he is working on improving teamwork skills and more staff roles, so I expect that we will see some changes from his part now on

I invite Xenonetix & Joshua to give their thoughts about any statement made above

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2020-06-16 17:21:31

Gosha

Re: My review of EEU

lol do you really think eeu will be out in any time?
eeu is a lost cause, just like it's owner

if you hope for anything to be changed, you haven't payed much attention in the past 2 years.

#3 2020-06-16 17:49:50, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-06-16 17:53:31)

Minisaurus
Banned

Gosha wrote:

lol do you really think eeu will be out in any time?
eeu is a lost cause, just like it's owner

if you hope for anything to be changed, you haven't payed much attention in the past 2 years.

Do you have a better solution for the current situation of the game?

I think that faith and hope is the only way to see positively the future of the game, as that is all the options the staff is offering to us

#4 2020-06-17 01:50:25

Pqwerty

but what's the score out of 10? how many stars do you give it?

#5 2020-06-17 03:30:45

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

Bug

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

Victoria1592361045782769