Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-06-10 10:30:35

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Possible Softlock in Endless Pain May Cause Potential Endless Despair

I understand that people aren't likely going to be put in an escapable situation there, but I do know it's definitely possible to get softlocked if they're unlucky enough, because if they cut through the spikes and the checkpoint without interacting with either one of them and dies, they won't be able to advance, because they're stuck with low gravity effect and without the multi jump effect and it's impossible to beat the minigame again in that state. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad
PfGGdaO.png
There might be more places where people can get softlocked, but I don't find those as concerning as this one, which was years ago. But if I do find another one that's a little bit concerning, I might update this post.
Fortunately, this guy didn't get softlocked, but if he did, then he wouldn't have been able to reach the end. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

"π“—π“˜π“–π“— π“ π“€π“π“›π“˜π“£π“¨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#2 2020-06-10 20:27:51

Lictor666

Re: Possible Softlock in Endless Pain May Cause Potential Endless Despair

/reset

#3 2020-06-11 00:00:04

John

if i fix it are u gonna yell at me like last time? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

PW?scale=2

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2020-06-11 05:39:28

Gosha

place 2 checkpoints on top of each other problem fixed

#5 2020-06-11 06:40:31

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

John wrote:

if i fix it are u gonna yell at me like last time? //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Not that I would yell at you or anything, but a very few other people might, though it's very unlikely. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#6 2020-06-12 01:59:07

Alesmile

just fix it nicely lol

#7 2020-06-12 04:08:52

John

Alesmile wrote:

just fix it nicely lol

how would you fix it? i sent a message to the campaign team so they can SWOOP on over and take a look //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

PW?scale=2

#8 2020-06-12 10:20:42

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

couldn't you just move the checkpoint one block up lol

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#9 2020-06-12 11:39:25, last edited by PiotrGrochowski (2020-06-12 11:39:40)

PiotrGrochowski

Gosha wrote:

place 2 checkpoints on top of each other problem fixed

instructions unclear, still softlocks:
942RowW.png

BuzzerBee wrote:

Pivckr8.png

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#10 2020-06-12 11:41:30

Alesmile

BuzzerBee wrote:

it may sound stupid but moving the cp up would nerf the ending by quite a bit, its not hard to die in that fall due to stress (ive seen it happen)

John wrote:
Alesmile wrote:

just fix it nicely lol

how would you fix it? i sent a message to the campaign team so they can SWOOP on over and take a look //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

maybe by adding a double jump effect at the start of the mini, i think that could work even if its a bit ugly

#11 2020-06-12 12:05:33

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Alesmile wrote:
BuzzerBee wrote:

it may sound stupid but moving the cp up would nerf the ending by quite a bit, its not hard to die in that fall due to stress (ive seen it happen)

John wrote:
Alesmile wrote:

just fix it nicely lol

maybe by adding a double jump effect at the start of the mini, i think that could work even if its a bit ugly

Yes, and also adding the low gravity effect disabler at the start of the minigame as well will be the solution to fix it.

MfF1IHH.png

#12 2020-06-12 15:36:26

Gosha

PiotrGrochowski wrote:

Bruh.

i meant place these checkpoints
kVgz9a0.png

when you enter the first one, you can't die without an effect afterwards.
the bottom one needs to be there so it's convenient for players, then don't need to fall 1 block down each time they respawn

#13 2020-06-12 15:54:52

Kira

Hi I'm kira and i disagree with this change

have a nice day

#14 2020-06-12 19:01:58

PiotrGrochowski

Gosha wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:

Bruh.

https://i.imgur.com/kVgz9a0.png

the bottom one needs to be there so it's convenient for players, then don't need to fall 1 block down each time they respawn

but then it would overwrite the blue coin so it would cause a softlock later in a blue coin door or gate

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#15 2020-06-12 21:26:41

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

there's no blue coin door or gate.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#16 2020-06-13 07:38:09

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Gosha wrote:
PiotrGrochowski wrote:

Bruh.

https://i.imgur.com/kVgz9a0.png

Actually, the checkpoint doesn't need to be moved. All it needs was the multi jump effect and the low gravity effect disabler near the old checkpoint shown here:
LmoGhf3.png
That way it won't affect the difficulty of the minigame nor break it. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

MfF1IHH.png

#17 2020-06-15 19:00:51

Master1

Kira wrote:

Hi I'm kira and i disagree with this change

have a nice day

Hi I'm mast and i disagree with your disagree

have a nice too

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#18 2020-06-16 12:15:04

Alesmile