Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 2020-06-04 20:18:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Mafia 48 - Birthday Party Game Thread [MAFIA VICTORY]

And what's not to say you aren't SK. Why should just the fact that you don't have a likely partner make you town?
You haven't done anything townie this game, yet you are acting like scumreading you is completely absurd.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#252 2020-06-04 20:24:52

Andymakeer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

- You have no reads.

I HAVE reads, I just don't want to say them.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

- You initially stated wanting to no lynch, but then suddenly said you were willing to follow "any wagon".
- Your statement about willingness to follow any wagon is completely against your purported ideology of not wanting to lynch town on day 1. (Something you stated later)

Well, me, Allen and Gabriel opted for a no lynch as a possible strategy, but doing it somehow make us look like scum.
I don't understand why does that strategy look scummy at all, it is pretty townish for me using this setup.

But did you want me to do?
- If I don't follow the wagon, then i'd look scummy for not cooperating with the "pro-town" strategy
- If I follow the wagon, then i'd look scummy for cooperating with something i'm against

I prefer the second choice because I thought you'd understand it, but looks like you play your own game.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

- You are overly defensive and seem more focused on your survival than solving.

Well, and you are overly aggressive towards me as if you desperately needs me out of the game.
But i'm not taking any conclusions from that.

I think towns should, like, try to stay alive because, like, the more towns, the more chance of winning, like, what towns want to, idk...

F

#253 2020-06-04 20:25:50

Andymakeer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

- Oh and when some really interesting **** happened earlier between me/Luka all you could muster was "This is smokescreen". And then didn't even explain in detail the reason you had behind making that post. Just some vague statements about "they could be scum or SK or something".

Because that would out my reads lol
Dont trap me, please.

F

#254 2020-06-04 20:34:53

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Andymakeer wrote:

Andymakeer wrote:

- If I don't follow the wagon, then i'd look scummy for not cooperating with the "pro-town" strategy
- If I follow the wagon, then i'd look scummy for cooperating with something i'm against

I prefer the second choice because I thought you'd understand it, but looks like you play your own game.

Hmm, ok. At least that makes your position more understandable.

Andymakeer wrote:

think towns should, like, try to stay alive because, like, the more towns, the more chance of winning, like, what towns want to, idk...

Yes, but as i've already stated. We can't just rely on a PR to solve the game for us. We need to do some solving ourselves too.
I don't understand why anyone would be against that.
Can you at least state your opinion on the Gabriell wagon?

#255 2020-06-04 20:36:10

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Let's say we get real unlucky and cop get's shot tonight. What then? We've basically wasted a day phase and accomplished nothing other than a dead townie. Maybe two because this game also has a serial killer. Our only chance to get rid of scum is with lynching. Not just night actions.

#256 2020-06-04 20:37:07

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

And if we wait two day phases scum get's to recruit another mafia too. So why on earth would "waiting a day phase" help town at ALL?

#257 2020-06-04 20:48:02

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Hidden text

#258 2020-06-04 20:53:45

Andymakeer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Yes, but as i've already stated. We can't just rely on a PR to solve the game for us. We need to do some solving ourselves too.
I don't understand why anyone would be against that.
Can you at least state your opinion on the Gabriell wagon?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

So why on earth would "waiting a day phase" help town at ALL?

Sure we must dig our own stuff, but look at the current state of the match:
- We are wagoning an inactive player for 'refusing to talk'
- I don't think thats townish neither scummy, its a clear demonstration that Gabriel don't want to be disturbed by early game hype
- He has created no links with other players, so neither a town or scum flip will grant more information than the flip itself
- That's why i'm against this D1 lynch. If the purpose is to grant information, than it will certainly fail

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Let's say we get real unlucky and cop get's shot tonight. What then? We've basically wasted a day phase and accomplished nothing other than a dead townie.

Hmmmmmmmmm I think the chance of the cop getting lynched or killed are the same.
So if we use the worst scenarios, 2 dead town is better than 3 dead towns.

F

#259 2020-06-04 21:00:27

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Andymakeer wrote:

Sure we must dig our own stuff, but look at the current state of the match:
- We are wagoning an inactive player for 'refusing to talk'
- I don't think thats townish neither scummy, its a clear demonstration that Gabriel don't want to be disturbed by early game hype
- He has created no links with other players, so neither a town or scum flip will grant more information than the flip itself
- That's why i'm against this D1 lynch. If the purpose is to grant information, than it will certainly fail

You're also forgetting the fact that the cop uses information from flips to actually find scum. He's meant to be leading us in the right direction. Not throw a dart into the huge name list and hope he get's lucky (which is even less likely when the pool for mistake is bigger because we don't lynch anyone). If he finds a town/scum and outs his read, how are we supposed to use that information to find either the scums partner or use that townclear to keep solving if we don't have any wagons to analyze? If the people whos'e roles are outed by the cop never voted or did anything to analyze because they never stated their reads (sounds familiar?)

#260 2020-06-04 21:15:18

Andymakeer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Not throw a dart into the huge name list and hope he get's lucky (which is even less likely when the pool for mistake is bigger because we don't lynch anyone).

A bigger pool is a bigger mistake chance for both town and scum.
Also, we have a vigil, the chance of following up cop result and lynching the vig is also there.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If he finds a town/scum and outs his read, how are we supposed to use that information to find either the scums partner or use that townclear to keep solving if we don't have any wagons to analyze?

This is exactly what is happening now with Gabriel.
He has no votes, has no reads.
Kicking him out of the game will just increase the chance of mafia or sk to hit town PRs and give us 0 info.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If the people whos'e roles are outed by the cop never voted or did anything to analyze because they never stated their reads (sounds familiar?)

But being outed as innocent is a clear demonstration that the player is town!
There is no innocent scum.
The only one that should bother by being outed as dangerous is the vigil, which im not (uh oh my first claim https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/4/42/006_sad)

F

#261 2020-06-04 21:16:24

Andymakeer

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If the people whos'e roles are outed by the cop

The cop cant do that.

F

#262 2020-06-04 21:19:15

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Andymakeer wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If the people whos'e roles are outed by the cop

The cop cant do that.

Meant to say alignment.

#263 2020-06-04 21:24:46

Pqwerty

!lynch Andymakeer
Andymakeer wrote:

Andymakeer wrote:

As I said, I have no reads D1.

Andymakeer wrote:

Andymakeer wrote:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
- Oh and when some really interesting **** happened earlier between me/Luka all you could muster was "This is smokescreen". And then didn't even explain in detail the reason you had behind making that post. Just some vague statements about "they could be scum or SK or something".

Dont trap me, please.

Andymakeer wrote:

I don’t get it. You hop from having reads to not having reads and then having reads but not wanting to say them. Why the heck would you not want to out your reads? That doesn’t seem town at all, and it’s not like there’s a magical cop that can investigate during the day.

Andymakeer wrote:

I mean, have we reached a conclusion?

We basically have made a decision in terms of strategy. Hypo requires everyone on board for it to work, and not everyone’s on board. So we can’t do it. So cop’s probably just going to lay low or something.

Andymakeer wrote:

I think you are nervous Norboy, this is not like you.
Avoiding questions, creatings conclusions from things that no one said, trying to be a good boy for someone that voted on you...

Andymakeer wrote:

?
Have I said if I think you are town or scum?
Again, getting conclusions from things that players did not say.

I feel like you’re implicitly calling Norboy scum here. You’re saying he’s doing scummy behavior (i.e. “avoiding questions, creating conclusions from things that no one said, trying to be a good boy…”) and you’re not saying he’s doing anything townie. So, this means you’re implying he’s scum because you say he’s only acting scummy. I feel like you’re trying to antagonize someone and then make them look bad for defending themselves, and that doesn’t come across as town to me.
And as far as your argument that “nothing has happened today” goes, I think Task said it best.

TaskManager wrote:

We've made more progress than what is usually made on D1
We've discussed a cop massclaim and Norboy's townblock and based on that some people have made some basic reads on some people that were involved
Of course we won't solve the game in one day and if never works like that, but we're still making quite some progress

Also, in regards to this:

Andymakeer wrote:

We are wagoning an inactive player for 'refusing to talk'

I don’t think people are really pushing that wagon. They’re doing it mainly to get them to talk more afaik.

Andymakeer wrote:

2 dead town is better than 3 dead towns.

Yeah but you’re acting really scummy, up to the point where I think it’d be worth the risk of hitting scum D1 vs the odds of getting 3 dead town. Like your behavior seems pretty scummy, and NL would only be a good idea if we actually had nothing to go on.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

While i agree with voting for pressure on principle, we really don’t have enough time for that anymore and that is why i think we should rather be voting Andymakeer right now.

I also agree with this. We can pressure Gabriel and Allen tomorrow, as we don’t have enough time left today.

#264 2020-06-04 21:36:29

Pqwerty

EDIT: Sorry I quoted wrong at the beginning
Post #11 in his ISO says this

Andymakeer wrote:

as for my substance, i'll not say my reads D1

His ISO post #13 says this

Andymakeer wrote:

As I said, I have no reads D1.

His ISO post #24 says this

Andymakeer wrote:

And his ISO post #25 says this

Andymakeer wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Dont trap me, please.

I just wanted to say he’s flipping between having reads that he doesn’t want to share and not having reads, and I don’t get why he doesn’t want to share his reads.

#265 2020-06-04 21:44:05

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Pqwerty wrote:
Andymakeer wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Dont trap me, please.

I just wanted to say he’s flipping between having reads that he doesn’t want to share and not having reads, and I don’t get why he doesn’t want to share his reads.

Agreed, another reason why that particular point was egregious to me is because it is blatantly putting shade on both me and Luka (Implying we are scum distancing) but then, when asked to explain the reasoning behind his post and what he really thinks about the discussion he doesn't say anything. Which reads to me as if he wanted to shade, but doesn't actually want to take responsibility for what he said. Which is like textbook scum behaviour of trying to make other players look scummy in a malicious manner.

#266 2020-06-04 21:52:16

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

peace wrote:

why gabriel?
becuase hes inactive? i think weve said in earlie rgame inactivety issnt necresary scummotivated

I don't think anyone is claiming he's scum. If we're at a total lose, lynching someone who isn't even playing isn't much of a loss to either side.

peace wrote:

also afaid you havealso 2 voted on you nroweg if im rigth CBA to do a votecoutnt so idk

You need to at least put some kind of effort into spelling things correctly.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Your attitude screams: "scum that is caught for the wrong reasons" and that's why your tone is so annoyed right now.

That seems like a very baseless claim.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

You're also forgetting the fact that the cop uses information from flips to actually find scum. He's meant to be leading us in the right direction. Not throw a dart into the huge name list and hope he get's lucky

Andy is right, though. The only information we gain from lynching Gabe is his role card. He hasn't made any connections, or even reacted to anything. Despite what shadow said earlier, Gabe really is a throw away lynch.

If your goal is to help the cop, lynching Gabe will not accomplish that. Lynching Luka could give us more info into Shadow and 2B. As mentioned earlier, there was a subtle connection between Luka and 2B. Shadow seemingly defended Luka without being obvious about it. He pointed in a different direction, then doubled back to belittle the suspicion directed to Luka.

I don't think lynching Andy is a great idea, right now. To me, it looks like Andy is playing the way a newer player would. Lynching Andy could give us more info on Norboy. However, I think Andy is just playing poorly and Norboy is going down a rabbit hole. So, I'd much rather hold off on lynching Andy, but keep a close eye on him.

In my eyes, it makes more sense to lynch Luka D1 than Andy or Gabe.

At the beginning of Day 2, we should focus on making Gabe/Allen/Buzzerbee say something useful.

Discord: jawp#5123

#267 2020-06-04 21:55:22

peace

ShadowsEdge wrote:

But, between Andy and Luka, I think Andy should be flipped. Luka is mostly suspicious for supporting the cop wagon, which is fair, but could lead either way (Correct me if I'm wrong, I did a run through of the thread and this is all I could find). Andy has been batting down conversation from the beginning. Basically calling all the conversation we had useless, and claiming that he's trying to help town move forward.

!vote Gabriellfs
Personally, I'd rather have Gabriell flip over Andy. Or at the very least, pressure Gabriell to say something more than just refusing to talk D1, just for the hell of it. But in terms of a more substantial lynch, I'd much prefer an Andy lynch, since I think his scummy actions are longer lasting, and are more contradictory than Luka's.

explian?

also

!vote andy

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#268 2020-06-04 21:55:25

Andymakeer

Pqwerty wrote:

I just wanted to say he’s flipping between having reads that he doesn’t want to share and not having reads,

Oh sorry, when everytime said i "dont have reads" i meant to say i don't want to share them.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.

Pqwerty wrote:

why he doesn’t want to share his reads.

Because I don't see their use now.

Pqwerty wrote:

I feel like you’re implicitly calling Norboy scum here.

Well, I was not.
I just pointed out his weird behaviour.

Pqwerty wrote:

NorwegianBoy (slight town lean)

Its funny that you don't disagree that norboy was acting weird, but somehow you only feel the scummy smell from me and not from him https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

All I can say is that lynching me will grant you up to 3 town corpses.

F

#269 2020-06-04 21:55:50

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

mrjawapa wrote:

Andy is right, though. The only information we gain from lynching Gabe is his role card. He hasn't made any connections, or even reacted to anything. Despite what shadow said earlier, Gabe really is a throw away lynch.

Yeah, which is the point. The more completely null pointless slots in the game. The harder for the cop to actually correctly find and confirm scum.

#270 2020-06-04 21:56:20

Luka504

Jesus, I can't keep up with this game anymore. There's so much back-and-forth and I have no idea what is being said or whom I should vote for.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#271 2020-06-04 21:57:37

peace

eh eyah allen/buzz where are you?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#272 2020-06-04 21:57:46

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Luka504 wrote:

Jesus, I can't keep up with this game anymore. There's so much back-and-forth and I have no idea what is being said or whom I should vote for.

I'm keeping up just fine.

#273 2020-06-04 21:58:40

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

In fact, i'd argue this is one of the best D1's we've had on this forum so far.

#274 2020-06-04 21:58:49

Luka504

Because you're an active part of the conversation, I'm just reading through it after a night of hanging out with friends

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#275 2020-06-04 22:02:21

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Wow Luka stop flexxing on all of us by saying you have friends irl or I'll fallacy you

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (2)
peace1594715618783363

Board footer