Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-05-18 02:37:53

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Staff Changes & Plans For The Future!

Hi Everybody!

Thank you to everyone returning to Everybody Edits in recent months! We hope you're finding comfort and enjoyment in the game and the community during these trying times. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Staff Changes

A lot has changed behind-the-scenes recently, including a few staff departures, and a few new additions!

LukeM - Thank you for all the hard work you did as a Developer for Everybody Edits and EE Universe! One of Luke's most notable contributions was setting up the overall physics engine for EE Universe, and it's massively appreciated that we should ideally be able to utilize it relatively easily going forward, including the addition of Slopes coming soon!

Minisaurus - Thanks to Minisaurus for doing a truly outstanding job with the Smileys and Smiley Accessories for EE Universe, along with some of the EE graphics such as the Hermit Crab! He did so much more though, all massively appreciated, and we look forward to including much of his amazing work in future.

Zoey2070/Ark - Thanks to Zoey for being an incredible Moderator, keeping the communities in both games positive and upbeat, and providing a fun and enjoyable environment for us to thrive in!

Security-Drone - Thanks to Security-Drone for providing many of the current block packs, along with upcoming auras and block graphics, including the Sci-Fi pack and Slopes! Here's a terribly-created scene I made with the upcoming slopes:

a8hRqj6.png

Buzzerbee - Thanks to Buzzerbee for his patience and understanding in his position. Although your time with us was short-lived, we hope you at least enjoyed yourself, and we hope you continue your excellent moderation skills on the forums moving forward! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Ravatroll - Thank you for your amazing work as a Campaign Curator, followed by your exceptional compositional skills. We look forward to being able to feature your music in future, and wish you all the best in your music career!

Koya & Darksaplep - We greatly appreciate all you both did, and we really hope you're both well, but as we haven't heard anything from either of them in many months, we've removed them from staff for the time being. You're welcome back at any time!

You will all be greatly missed, and we hope you're still able to play EE & EEU from time-to-time moving forward!

With that out of the way, let's welcome two new members of staff!

John - John (formerly of "Emalton" fame) has returned to the Development Team! He's a very talented developer who we believe will be able to take over Luke's hard work and contribute a massive amount of content and change to EE Universe moving forward, including the sorely needed Server Rework! For those that are unaware, the Server Rework is required for us to be able to deliver such features as World Purchasing and the Shop, which we hope to be able to introduce soon! We're confident in John's abilities to be able to help us achieve this goal! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Bud - Bud has been a prominent member of the Everybody Edits community for years, and with some moderation experience under his belt, we're pretty certain he'll be able to slip into this new role with relative ease. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Current Staff & State of Play

Here's a quick run-down of what all the staff are currently working on.

Campaign Team (Kirby, Master1, Tiralmo) - Having done an outstanding job providing so many excellent Campiaigns for Everybody Edits, and creating Time Trials for almost every single one of them, this epic team are now finishing off the times for the Summer Campaign, ready for Summer 2020! In addition, they're looking out for exceptional EE Universe levels to feature when Open Beta arrives, so be sure to keep building excellent and fun worlds in EE Universe!

Moderation Team (GrandSwordsman26/ShiningBlade, LRussell, Bud) - Bud's learning the ropes, but picking up the handling of incoming reports very quickly, meaning we're catching back up with some reports that may have been missed. Apologies for this, although we were short-staffed for a short time. GrandSwordsman26 has taken over as leader of the Moderation Team, and is still highly active in-game, keeping his eagle-eye and grand sword at the ready! We're also figuring out how precisely the Moderation Control Center for Everybody Edits Universe will work, but we're certain it'll be easier and more versatile than EE's system! This should include better communication between players and moderators as a whole, including a better report and warning system. This does require the Server Rework to be completed before we can move ahead with implementing such a system though, along with the Friends and Profiles.

Graphics Team (Kentiya) - Kentiya is currently working on the Brick Pack I believe, along with potentially some other blocks for the future. Although we would greatly appreciate a new Graphics Designer to join the team right now (ideally with Vector Graphics experience), thanks to the epic work of Minisaurus and Security-Drone, we are covered on most graphics for quite a long time. Ideally, the next planned content update for EE Universe will be Switches & Doors, which we still need to program, but here's what they currently look like, thanks to Security-Drone!

dooranimsvg2.gif

Joshua Stone (ByteArray/Criobite) - Josh has done fantastic work for the game and the community. For now, I believe one of Josh's priorities is to handle User Interface adjustments, to make the game more intuitive and easier to use. We're also going to be working on the Switches & Doors, along with Magic Coins quite soon too!

John - John has been familiarising himself with the backend code of EE Universe, and should be able to help us complete the Server Rework soon! After the Server Rework's done, both John and Josh can work to get the World Purchasing, Shop, and Smiley Customiser into the game, and after these are in place, we plan on entering Closed Beta Phase 2, where anyone with an EE account is able to Opt In to EE Universe! John may be able to help with work on the Social features of EE Universe going forward as well.

Cercul1 - Although Cercul1 had gotten very close to completing EE Offline, he has had to stop working on it for health reasons for the time being. It is currently unclear whether he will continue on the project himself in future, or pass the files on to someone else to complete the project, but as far as I can tell from last we spoke, there's not too much left that needs doing for it to be completed!

Xenonetix - With everything that's gone on, I've primarily been working on attempting to source new staff. If anyone is interested in potentially becoming Community Manager for EE and EEU, please get in contact, ideally through Discord. The position would ideally include regular communications with the community including presenting what’s going on (similar to this post), on the forums, blogs, Facebook and Twitter, and perhaps even a YouTube presence, recording vlogs, presenting the information in a positive and upbeat manner! We're also looking for potential new Graphics Designers, ideally with experience creating Vector Graphics, and preferably with some experience with auto-tiling. We're also looking for people who could potentially localise EE Universe in future, probably from the start of Open Beta. Although we can't guarantee all of these languages will be available, we're interested in translations in Portuguese, Spanish, French, German, Dutch, Russian, Italian, and Polish. If you're someone fluent in one of these languages as well as English, and are willing to help us with Localization, as well as possibly as Moderators for these languages, please also get in touch! Other than that, I've been trying to keep up with EE Universe invites and responding to emails, although I have recently fallen behind due to computer troubles. I'll also be working on tweaking EE Universe's physics to reduce the acceleration slightly based on feedback, and we plan on adjusting Portals to be closer to the ones in EE!

Plans For The Future

Here's the current list of the majority of stuff we have planned for the future!

Things we'd like to add before Closed Beta Phase 2:

• - World Purchasing

• - Shop

• - Smiley Customizer

• - Magic Coins

• - Revamped User Interface

Things we'd like to add before Open Beta (and may or may not be before Closed Beta Phase 2):

• - Switch & Door Systems

• - Slopes

• - Reworked Portals

• - One-way Blocks

• - More Block Packs (including Sci-Fi Pack, and some auto-tiled ones, such as Bricks)

• - More Backgrounds

• - Some Decorations

• - More Commands

• - World Settings

• - Game Settings

• - Friends System

• - Moderation System

• - Profiles

Things planned for the start of Open Beta:

• - Kongregate Launch

• - Featured Levels

• - Time Trials

• - Jewel Purchasing (if not before)

• - Membership Subscription Systems (and shutting down Patreon)

• - Auras & Aura Unlock System

Things planned during Open Beta:

• - Liquids

• - Game Progress Save & Auto-Save Systems

• - World Building Auto-Save

• - Action Decorations (such as Ice)

• - Hazards (including some not present in EE)

• - World Portals

• - Effects & Effect Zones

• - Camera Zones

• - Music Zones

• - Moving Blocks

• - Crumbling Blocks

• - Conveyor Belt Blocks

• - Pushable (and Pullable?) Blocks

• - World Publishing

• - More Base Smileys & Smiley Accessories

• - Collectibles

• - Treasure Chests

• - In-World Shopping Systems

• - Building Contests

• - Leaderboard Contests

• - Extra Game Modes (and new Action Items to go with them)

• - Standalone Client

• - EE Shut Down (after EE Offline has been launched)

'Release' Plans:

• - Smartphone App Launch for iOS and Android

• - Steam Launch

• - Advertising for EEU through Smartphone & Facebook

• - Optional Ads through Smartphone App for earning Jewels

We hope you're as excited for the future of EE Universe as we are!

See you in-game!

~ Xenonetix ~

P.S.

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2020-05-18 03:12:38, last edited by John (2020-05-18 03:13:24)

John

Re: Staff Changes & Plans For The Future!

Xenonetix sure does love being extremely verbose

PW?scale=2

#3 2020-05-18 03:43:46

Kkay
Formerly Kaydog99

Awesome update and I’m glad to see news Xeno but the real question has to asked, when will you be releasing picture of your feet?

#4 2020-05-18 03:53:09

Bimps

John wrote:

Holy **** I love you

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2020-05-18 04:47:56

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Phinarose, Gosha - Thanks to these guys for putting so much time and energy into the game. Things may not have worked out, but your efforts didn't go unnoticed. It's a real shame we have a leader that can't set aside his differences long enough to show appreciation for the work you've done.

Discord: jawp#5123

#6 2020-05-18 06:50:41

Gosha

lmao reading this is like reading a fairy tale
you are promising to implement more things than you've done in past 2 years

Wooted by: (3)

#7 2020-05-18 08:18:54

Gosha

in 2018 we (luke and I) were **** at xenonetix for announcing unrealistic plans for the game that couldn't be done and would delay the release of eeu by several months. We told him time and time that promising so much with such detail when there isn't even a game itself yet is dangerous. And yet, Luke and I would see a new forum post promising more and more. Xenonetix didn't listen to his staff.

2 years passed. what do we see?

57144Gk.png

#8 2020-05-18 08:39:02, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-05-18 09:36:53)

Minisaurus
Banned

Xenonetix is not giving specific dates, so is not like before as you suggest Gosha, he is saying what will be implemented in what stage of the game, which is good to organize, he is no longer promising dates since I guess that would raise expectations and we know how that ended up before lol (With the community feeling deceived, this has led to a loss of trust and credibility of the staff owner)
The promises are the same (Or even better), in those two years some progress have been made (I am referring also to the progress that have not been released yet since the constant delays) but it has been really slow, I hope next updates comes more frequently...
I like video games, and I usually quit the games that have slow developer progress, and I guess that I am not the only one who do so, there are games that have a lot of potential like EE but get really slow updates which demotivate community to keep playing the game
As an ex-staff I have seen often the EE staff run out of gas quickly if a problem is wicked, I hope that keeping the same staff structure (I talked with Xenonetix and he said that we must keep the same staff structure, and should not be changed, anyway he also told that he is working on improving his staff manager skills so he can improve the staff management but keeping the same staff structure we have now) works as Xenonetix is promising to us, I really hope that the problem is not the staff structure but HOW the staff manage the game, this mean that the system (staff structure) work, what does not work is the staff holders, and as so those holders should work to improve their management of the game, which sounds promising and I would be very happy to see a good outcome from that //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile
I still wonder how much time we are talking about for each stage respectively, some clarification on that would be appreciated (a reasonable expectation)

Wooted by:

#9 2020-05-18 12:21:43

Andymakeer

I support Peace for Community Manager!!!

F

#10 2020-05-18 13:39:49

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo

Despite all thats happened, I really do hope that you guys can somehow bring EE and EEU back onto its feet. EE was my childhood game, so I'm hoping that the current staff team will be able to finish the game soon.

Good luck John!

I can speak by breathing in but it sounds like a dying horse

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

#11 2020-05-18 15:19:07

peace

Xenonetix wrote:

Things we'd like to add before Closed Beta Phase 2:

- World Purchasing

- Shop

- Smiley Customizer

- Magic Coins

- Revamped User Interface

Things we'd like to add before Open Beta (and may or may not be before Closed Beta Phase 2):

- Switch & Door Systems

- Slopes

- Reworked Portals

- One-way Blocks

- More Block Packs (including Sci-Fi Pack, and some auto-tiled ones, such as Bricks)

- More Backgrounds

- Some Decorations

- More Commands

- World Settings

- Game Settings

- Friends System

- Moderation System

- Profiles

- MORE PLAYERS //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Things planned for the start of Open Beta:

- EVEN MORE PLAYERS //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

- Kongregate Launch

- Featured Levels

- Time Trials

- Jewel Purchasing (if not before)

- Membership Subscription Systems (and shutting down Patreon)

- Auras & Aura Unlock System

Things planned during Open Beta:

- yest even mroe players //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

- Liquids

- Game Progress Save & Auto-Save Systems

- World Building Auto-Save

- Action Decorations (such as Ice)

- Hazards (including some not present in EE)

- World Portals

- Effects & Effect Zones

- Camera Zones

- Music Zones

- Moving Blocks

- Crumbling Blocks

- Conveyor Belt Blocks

- Pushable (and Pullable?) Blocks

- World Publishing

- More Base Smileys & Smiley Accessories

- Collectibles

- Treasure Chests

- In-World Shopping Systems

- Building Contests

- Leaderboard Contests

- Extra Game Modes (and new Action Items to go with them)

- Standalone Client

- EE Shut Down (after EE Offline has been launched)

'Release' Plans:

- Smartphone App Launch for iOS and Android

- Steam Launch

- Advertising for EEU through Smartphone & Facebook

- Optional Ads through Smartphone App for earning Jewels

fixed that for you xeno glad to see so many things ar eplanned cant wait till were in 2021 wiht 60% fo that done

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#12 2020-05-20 08:53:18

MartenM
Website

John wrote:

I thought you were supposed to work on the code base. Not the music for the lobby screen but I love it either way.

lm3hgg8.jpg

Ingame: marten22        My steam: MartenM

Wooted by: (4)

#13 2020-06-15 12:50:10, last edited by Nebula (2020-06-15 13:03:34)

Nebula

Priddle is developer again, as he is returned to staff (also Kirby have retired)

#14 2020-06-15 13:00:19, last edited by Snowester (2020-06-15 13:02:58)

Snowester

Nebula wrote:

(also Kirby have retired)

Secret.png
you can click the image ^ to see the forum post

What I mean to say is, this forum post is made BEFORE kirby's resign and new staffs that arrived

#15 2020-07-05 12:24:05

Nebula

both Kentiya&Joshua have retired this day

Wooted by:

#16 2020-07-14 20:18:25

Andymakeer

so any updates on this?

F

#17 2020-07-14 23:10:27, last edited by Snowester (2020-07-14 23:12:20)

Snowester

Andymakeer wrote:

so any updates on this?

Luridmetal35 has recently resigned, will be helping with translation though.

Cold.png

#18 2020-07-15 09:03:21

peace

huh wtf

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#19 2020-07-16 18:03:45

Kaleb
Formerly Kaleb123

Hey Xeno,

So is this just a list with no definitive dates? Because each time you update the EE community, the dates/release dates seem to be non-existent now-a days. So I am just curious as to see if you have a structured plan? I only ask you this because how will you have investors invest in to a project and not know any information on release or even not being able to see progress results? Regardless it is your game and you know what you are doing, I hope, and the game should turn out good being I have been apart of the EE community for over a decade.

Thanks,

#20 2020-07-19 02:05:59

Thiaguinho2007
Banned

Help, i can't acess to Everybody Edits Universe, how to Login to enter?

<snip - url>

#21 2020-07-19 06:11:46, last edited by Joeyjoey65 (2020-07-19 06:12:38)

Joeyjoey65

Thiaguinho2007 wrote:

Help, i can't acess to Everybody Edits Universe, how to Login to enter?

You should receive a link to the site in 2-3 days if you signed up for eeu beta in the email you used with ee, it'll ask you to input a google email or a facebook from the link provided in your email. The email you use to sign up will be the one you'll use throughout beta. If you have troubles getting eeu to load, and signing in I suggest you try and use the discord link that's attached to your invite. There's a lot of people in the discord as well as staff I'm sure are willing to help.

Joeyjoey651595135506783425

Board footer