Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-04-25 06:05:30, last edited by Rivelka (2020-04-25 06:05:44)

Rivelka

Everybody Edits Past versions of clients - why they are not working?

Hello, I'm Rivelka! I've just found a list of past versions of Everybody Edits by Gosha (Sorry I'm a new user and I can't link). I wanted to load the classic version, but error shows up "An unhandled error occurred //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad We saved the error to our servers and are working on fixing it already! Horrible Error: Error #2121" and doesn't loads. Trying some newer versions of clients shows up only loading screen without logging screen and stuck in forever. I used an almost every version for example freegame v565 from May 2015. There's a way to fix or patch them. Unfortunately I cannot find a patched version of past clients or tutorials on forum or YouTube to make them again working, maybe just by data breach security from 2019 for example I've read like this "With some decompiling and editing swf knowledge you can change client version to server version and play it." there's no hint about fixing this! I decompiled and editing the swf and I can't find client version and server version actually. I'm terrible at this and I need some help! Fix or patch them, please! Because I like and want play more old versions pre-2016 especially pre-Everybody Edits 2.0 update.

#2 2020-04-25 07:12:48

bunglybongle

Re: Everybody Edits Past versions of clients - why they are not working?

most likely because support for them was cut off. not to mention why would past clients even work on an always online game.

#3 2020-04-25 08:04:40

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

New versions of the client generally come with different versions of the server. Older versions won't support newer features, so naturally the Staff ditches them. Even if you updated a number somewhere with the server version, it would likely have heavy conflicts with the current game. I don't know that much about this part of EE but I'm guessing would try to process blocks that aren't understood and crash. Patching them would likely take lots and lots of work. If you wanted to connect to the current server but reprogram all the new blocks and content in. Another option would be to have somebody host an unofficial server, then connect to it.

Best case scenario we get a multi-sided solution. Here's an example of both a historically accurate version, and one for tinkerers and general players:

Firstly, have a program that dynamically reads the EE version and creates a fitting server for it. A two-in-one client/server emulator kinda like hosting a Minecraft world. (This was kinda inspired by Atilla's post here.) This would work best if we knew how the server works, like magic for example. I don't know if this would be intuitive or just insanely difficult.

Second of all there could be a rebuilt, very customizable version of Everybody Edits that use physics or assets from any past versions. It could even have the ability to imitate various versions of GUI, basically replacing the need to play older versions. Accurately recreating Adobe Flash visual effects outside Flash may be difficult though.

#4 2020-04-25 10:24:15

peace

if the client isnt up todate it will crash upon seeing a 'new block' or a 'new smiley' if you chnage a number it iwll frezze until someone changes their smiley or until oyou 'add' the misley/block to the client even if you just add the ID of it and leave the ghrapic white or somethign it works (just yoou will see a white 16x16 aquare then if you just copy past ethat white auare fro all new things) effects and other aciton blocks are diffrent sotry however idk how that works out since you 'use' those blocks and generaly addding them wiht their effetcs isnt easy i think

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#5 2020-04-25 10:56:20

Gosha

hi i am gosha

Each version has a server version to connect to built-in.

So, for example, the current version of the server is v900, then the client has a hand-written version of the server 'v900" to connect to.
As you might imagine, with each update, server version increases. But the server doesn't change much, maybe it's a small feature update that doesn't change anything drastically.

So if you have an old version of the game, if you change the hand-written version to connect to from the old server, to the current one, the game will still might connect you.

tl;dl: you need to download JPEXS (.swf editor), import the .swf, go to Config file, change the server version to current server version, build the project and hope that it will work and the server code doesn't vary much

also, very old versions didn't use servers iirc, so you can still play them, not sure tho

Wooted by:

#6 2020-04-25 12:39:30

peace

Gosha wrote:

also, very old versions didn't use servers iirc, so you can still play them, not sure tho

dont you NEED a sever if you make a mulitpleyr game?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#7 2020-04-25 13:01:19, last edited by Rivelka (2020-04-25 13:29:56)

Rivelka

Thanks. But when I change in config a server version to "900" or "262" (Current version of Everybody Edits) or even Game Code to any server and opening on swf file - game crashes.

#8 2020-04-25 13:58:17

Gosha

Rivelka wrote:

Thanks. But when I change in config a server version to "900" or "262" (Current version of Everybody Edits) or even Game Code to any server and opening on swf file - game crashes.

sorry, i can't really help you
i stopped working on .swf files like 2 years ago so i may have forgotten several things
also i don't have any tools at my disposal to test anything now

#9 2020-04-25 14:13:00

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Gosha wrote:
Rivelka wrote:

sorry, i can't really help you
i stopped working on .swf files like 2 years ago so i may have forgotten several things
also i don't have any tools at my disposal to test anything now

He's not the Gosh a he used to be anymore :penisve:

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

rat

#10 2020-04-25 16:36:15, last edited by Rivelka (2020-04-28 12:45:10)

Rivelka

The earliest version, that I play and can change by changing server version to actual is v253 from freegame._v825, maybe probably by data security breach on March 23, 2019. Versions below than v253 and freegame v825 doesn't show logging screen and make impossible to log on.

So v825 and above can be played by changing server version to current one.
And v825 and below idk. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Rivelka1587828975779928

Board footer