Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#326 2020-02-25 15:58:06

ShadowsEdge

Re: Mafia 42 - Game Thread - Day 4

Peace, seriously, it's like you're asking to be modkilled.

There's a third option, that if the Mafia and Serial Killer both targetted the same player, which would result in only one dying, which was mentioned but you never put down as an option. And mislynching Kirby if he's town isn't just something to shrug off. We're at 5 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Neutral. Mislynching a town now means that we'll be at 4 Town, 3 Mafia, and 1 Neutral, giving the Mafia the opportunity to gain majority. Obviously the Serial Killer can kill Mafia, but the Serial Killer would just be going into it as blindly as we are since they have no way of knowing crystal clear who is Mafia.

I plan to go in depth on this later and actually question the people on this. But in response to Norwegian asking for people to say their reads, I mainly suspect Onjit and Different, and a slight hunch on Buzzerbee. Onjit is because he just seems to have a more apathetic attitude this game, D1 he just followed the wagon and said random comments like "I'm gonna be mad if Kira actually is the Doctor." Different is mainly for reasons that Norwegian mentioned before. And I don't have any strong conclusions on who the third member might be, but it's just a gut feeling.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#327 2020-02-25 16:01:48

ShadowsEdge

Oop I just realized I made a typo,

ShadowsEdge wrote:

And I don't have any strong conclusions on who the third member might be, but it's just a gut feeling.

This is meant to conclude that my lean on Buzzerbee is a gut feeling because I don't have a strong conclusion on who the third might be. Also came a little bit from the fact that Kira suspected them.

~BeepnBoop

#328 2020-02-25 16:27:31

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

@Onjit
Do you have scumreads. Please voice them.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#329 2020-02-25 16:27:48

peace

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Peace, seriously, it's like you're asking to be modkilled.

There's a third option, that if the Mafia and Serial Killer both targetted the same player, which would result in only one dying, which was mentioned but you never put down as an option. And mislynching Kirby if he's town isn't just something to shrug off. We're at 5 Town, 3 Mafia, 1 Neutral. Mislynching a town now means that we'll be at 4 Town, 3 Mafia, and 1 Neutral, giving the Mafia the opportunity to gain majority. Obviously the Serial Killer can kill Mafia, but the Serial Killer would just be going into it as blindly as we are since they have no way of knowing crystal clear who is Mafia.

I plan to go in depth on this later and actually question the people on this. But in response to Norwegian asking for people to say their reads, I mainly suspect Onjit and Different, and a slight hunch on Buzzerbee. Onjit is because he just seems to have a more apathetic attitude this game, D1 he just followed the wagon and said random comments like "I'm gonna be mad if Kira actually is the Doctor." Different is mainly for reasons that Norwegian mentioned before. And I don't have any strong conclusions on who the third member might be, but it's just a gut feeling.

i didn tconsider that butthat would a;los be heavenly luck based and kirby is just an inacitve slot not doign anything so we can count his slot otu of the game but knowing kirby slots would be better then just having an inactive not working slot just passing by

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#330 2020-02-25 16:28:33

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit and Different

I actually agree a bit on these two seeming suspicious.

#331 2020-02-25 16:31:05

peace

also shadow now youre syaing were wiht 5 town 3 maf 1 SK btu i disagree here since let say kirby is town
then i would still count it as 4:3:1 sinc ekirby isnt ogign to place a vote and mafia/sk ha sno reason yet o kill kirby since kirby will nto vote they can use his slot to just stacck votes easier

peace.png

#332 2020-02-25 16:32:11

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Peace, i’m not keen on lynching Kirby.

#333 2020-02-25 16:45:07

peace

norwegianboy sure but we now hav e a slot that doesnt vote yet still occoutn sup to the playerbase but i tihnk we can wait till D3 aswell

not gonna unvote yet sinc eno reason to do so now unless wehave a decent cnadidate ofc

peace.png

#334 2020-02-25 16:51:04

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

also shadow now youre syaing were wiht 5 town 3 maf 1 SK btu i disagree here since let say kirby is town
then i would still count it as 4:3:1 sinc ekirby isnt ogign to place a vote and mafia/sk ha sno reason yet o kill kirby since kirby will nto vote they can use his slot to just stacck votes easier

I don't really understand what you're saying here Peace. And I'm not convinced on lynching Kirby.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#335 2020-02-25 17:59:17, last edited by mrjawapa (2020-02-25 18:05:43)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Around 30hrs remain.

@dead people - sorry I forgot about you guys. I'll deal with y'all after work.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#336 2020-02-25 18:08:46

Pqwerty

Ok so here are my reads so far:
Norweg - 100% vet for obvious reasons
Peace - leaning sk because he is only reading for mafia (I have found no posts where he's looking for an sk), he was dead set that Crybaby, Norweg, and Kira were mafia yesterday (#11,#29,#96), and all he's being doing is being angry at Kirby for not being active. If Kirby is town, then sk wins if they kill all the mafia and NL every day (like Crybaby did in that one mafia game). If Kirby is mafia/sk, then hurray for us because we have one less scum to deal with. I don't like that he's tunneling on Kirby, and I feel like he's being scummy but not in the same way that he would be when he's mafia.
TNG - town lean because he defended Kira and Norweg (#168 and #176), and has been rational and justified in his votes.
Shadow - unsure. Said Kira might be town but has been memeing all game.
Kirby -  unsure. Maybe he's trying to win by not posting a single thing in any chat?
Diff55 - mafia lean. Kira scumreads him for posting the obvious (#38) and he was going to post his reads but he said that it's not the direction we're going and asked how many PR's we have (#137) (Also, why do you need to ask how many PRs? That's not helpful and there's a RL).
Onjit - mafia lean. #189 pushes for the mass claim after vet and sheriff have already claimed. It's basically a waste of time at that point because everyone will claim VT and wasting time is not a town thing. #4, #26, #10, #19, #22, #280 are all filler. #171 is just weird (why would we start rolling dice once we have the scum and VTs in the same pool?). I just feel like he's holding the town back.
Buzzerbee - very slight mafia lean (not as much as Onjit or Diff) because Parroting in #101 and #166. #104 he wants a mass claim even though it will out the doc (instead of suggesting the doc doesn't claim), but then in #167 he tells doc not to claim (which I think other people said before that). However, he provided good reasons for the Kira lynch (i.e. Kira could be a goon fishing for roles, why did Kira need 2B to provide a defense for him, etc.). Basically, he said a lot of unoriginal stuff but the original stuff was good, too.

I'd be down for a lynch on Onjit or Diff tbh, so I'll start one today and the other tomorrow.

!lynch Onjit

#337 2020-02-25 18:30:24

Different55
Forum Admin

What is RL?

Oh Role List. Because I was too lazy to check the role list. And yeah I was going to post reads but then we decided to mass claim so I didn't see the point. I've posted my current thoughts, that's still all I got for the moment til I find a chance to read through the thread.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#338 2020-02-25 19:34:11

Pqwerty

I don’t mean to be rude because I know you have a life outside of this game, but when are you planning on reading the thread? Your first post on this was 13:00 yesterday and 18:00 today. In both you say you’re going to read the thread.

#339 2020-02-25 19:44:58

Different55
Forum Admin

yep. I plan on continuing to say this until it actually happens

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#340 2020-02-25 21:35:22

peace

!lynch onjit

im not really set on a no lynch since it will give free kill to sk/mafia

Pqwerty wrote:

Peace - leaning sk because he is only reading for mafia (I have found no posts where he's looking for an sk), he was dead set that Crybaby, Norweg, and Kira were mafia yesterday (#11,#29,#96), and all he's being doing is being angry at Kirby for not being active. If Kirby is town, then sk wins if they kill all the mafia and NL every day (like Crybaby did in that one mafia game). If Kirby is mafia/sk, then hurray for us because we have one less scum to deal with. I don't like that he's tunneling on Kirby, and I feel like he's being scummy but not in the same way that he would be when he's mafia.

ahem look closely i am hunting for SK aswell and hwo says i want to no lycn every day? i have never said that i wanted to do that if kirby is an PR then it provides us infomration on what PR wouldeve been inactive the whole damn game

peace.png

#341 2020-02-26 00:33:39

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Peace just immediately bandwagoning on Pqwerty’s lynch without explanation seems pretty sus to me. Definitely mafia lean for peace right now.
Also just wanted everyone to remember that Norboy isn’t technically confirmed veteran so don’t just breeze over his posts. I mean, it’s more than likely that he is actually vet but just wanna be cautious going forward.

I don’t mind an Onjit lynch, I’m not 100% convinced he’s mafia though and I think I’d prefer a Peace lynch today

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#342 2020-02-26 01:25:29

Different55
Forum Admin

Unless Norboy can read minds, he's 100% town/vet right now. Vet is the only safe role to claim, since it's immune to the mafia. It's basically an unkillable inno child. It's not dangerous at all for someone to claim it, if it's actually their role. If Norboy's not vet, then that means on D1 before any possible night actions (which btw none of them exist that would tell roles in the first place), Norboy counterclaimed someone who was claiming the only safe-to-claim role, having no way of knowing that they were lying, and somehow also not being counterclaimed by the third, actually legitimate vet.

It's reasonable for scum to have tried to counterclaim vet to try and eliminate vet, but that's only got a 50/50 shot of working and guarantees the death of the scum that's counterclaiming. But since Kira flipped doc I'm just really struggling to see any scenario where Norboy isn't reliably town, because see above.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#343 2020-02-26 01:25:43

ShadowsEdge

Peace jumps on bandwagons regularly.

~BeepnBoop

#344 2020-02-26 04:18:52

ShadowsEdge

Onjit, can you make a claim for your case? Thank you <3.

~BeepnBoop

#345 2020-02-26 06:33:06

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Different55 wrote:

Unless Norboy can read minds, he's 100% town/vet right now. Vet is the only safe role to claim, since it's immune to the mafia. It's basically an unkillable inno child. It's not dangerous at all for someone to claim it, if it's actually their role. If Norboy's not vet, then that means on D1 before any possible night actions (which btw none of them exist that would tell roles in the first place), Norboy counterclaimed someone who was claiming the only safe-to-claim role, having no way of knowing that they were lying, and somehow also not being counterclaimed by the third, actually legitimate vet.

It's reasonable for scum to have tried to counterclaim vet to try and eliminate vet, but that's only got a 50/50 shot of working and guarantees the death of the scum that's counterclaiming. But since Kira flipped doc I'm just really struggling to see any scenario where Norboy isn't reliably town, because see above.

Hm I guess that makes sense then when you put it that way.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Oh, well still he seems to be acting different than the last game I played with him (where he was town) so idk I'm still getting maf vibes from him

TdQRyz3.png

#346 2020-02-26 06:35:56

Different55
Forum Admin

Alright time to actually play this game.

After re-reading the whole thread, I think Onjit's looking the most scummy. I didn't like the way he was playing through D1 and the massclaim, especially after Kira started taking on all the heat. Seemed like he was trying to push the vote towards him more than Kira was managing all himself. Speaking of, why are we not still massclaiming? I realize we didn't expect Kira to actually flip doc but I'm not really seeing why that halted the massclaim.

IIRC buzzer, onjit, and 2B made posts with comments at least vaguely against additional massclaiming. Norboy also did the same, honestly I don't blame Buzzer for suspecting him. I would be doing the same if rn I weren't completely confident that he's town. But yeah. Onjit's giving me the biggest scummy vibes. Pqwerty gives me a bad feeling but I don't have anything solid, mostly because he hasn't posted much more than I have, and this has definitely been like my least active mafia game ever. I'm not sure I like the way Buzzer is playing but I do think he's town overall.

Peace confuses me. He's acting a bit odd but I'm not familiar with this type of oddness. He's not playing like he did last game, he's not playing like he did as Mafia in 36. Is he maybe the SK? I think that'd be the first time he's been an independent scummy role so that might explain some of the oddness.

So in neat list form:

Norboy - Is town.
Buzzer - Probably town.
Shadow - ?
pqwerty - bad vibes
2B - one bad note, hasn't added much
Peace - Literally what is he doing
Onjit - Scum

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit is because he just seems to have a more apathetic attitude this game, D1 he just followed the wagon and said random comments like "I'm gonna be mad if Kira actually is the Doctor."

I wouldn't label the posts I've seen from Onjit as apathetic. Norboy pointed out at one point that Onjit was playing fairly seriously D1, and he did seem fairly aggressive when Kira was spiraling himself into the grave. Hasn't really been seen since then, wish he had posted so I'd have something to go off of for D2 but D2 seems quite a bit less active overall.

- ShinsukeIto

#347 2020-02-26 06:42:42

Onjit
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Onjit, can you make a claim for your case? Thank you <3.

we had a plan, a perfectly decent plan, that kira screwed up with his shenanigans

im a little salty about it, so idk

my argument is that i was following the plan, and claimed honestly.

if you lhnch me, i guess we just lose then

:.|:;

#348 2020-02-26 06:49:03

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Different55 wrote:

Speaking of, why are we not still massclaiming? I realize we didn't expect Kira to actually flip doc but I'm not really seeing why that halted the massclaim.

The way I see it if we continue massclaiming everyone (including the roleblocker) would most likely claim vanilla townie so there's not really a point.

I guess we could continue massclaiming just to help with reads, even if we won't really learn anything as far as roles go.

TdQRyz3.png

#349 2020-02-26 06:55:46

ShadowsEdge

Different55 wrote:

Speaking of, why are we not still massclaiming?

Because besides the Veteran, we only have one PR left. Meaning all the claims will just be Vanilla Townie, and will just reveal who the Roleblocker is above all else. That gives the Mafia and SK a chance to kill their last threat, and our last defense against the nightkills.

BuzzerBee wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

Oh, well still he seems to be acting different than the last game I played with him (where he was town) so idk I'm still getting maf vibes from him

I can agree with that. But I'd still rather focus on Onjit and Different. And you for that matter, but I'll get into that on D3.

I have a bone to pick with Different's reads. Different's reads are all vibes (From what I can see). This far into the game, I find it odd that his only read that isn't just based off a vibe of the sort (That he articulates), is Peace.

~BeepnBoop

#350 2020-02-26 07:31:06

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

And you for that matter, but I'll get into that on D3.

the suspense is killing me

TdQRyz3.png

ASDruska1583498411775915

Board footer