Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2020-01-31 11:40:13

Kira

Do you honestly think EEU is going to be successful?

I'm pretty sure most of you have tried EEU yet, I'm not very convinced by it. The physics aren't as smooth as EE and it feels very rushed (even though it has been a WIP for the past 2 years now). The graphics don't really feel like an EE game, it truly feels like I'm playing an entirely different game tbh.
I personally hope it will be successful, but I don't think it will be. What do you guys think of it?

#2 2020-01-31 13:20:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Do you honestly think EEU is going to be successful?

Well I do like the graphics of most of the blocks, I haven't played minis enough to judge the physics but I don't think I found anything noticeably wrong with them, the UI felt smooth to me too and I like the concept of zones and VISION BLCOKERS
What do you find rushed?

Though I'm in doubt whether it'll be successful, simply because I can't think of a selling point that would make people want to play this and not any other game, other than "muh nostalgia muh community" which only applies to veterans of this game anyway

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (5)

#3 2020-01-31 13:26:58

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

If it’s released as a free game on steam i think it could be succesfull.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#4 2020-01-31 13:49:23

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Personally, I’ve only ever found EE fun when there’s lots of players and prexisting worlds. EEU doesn’t have that yet. So I doubt I’m going to play it much unless it gets popular.

But there’s something else we have to consider. We’ve all grown up. We’re all more mature and have different tastes. Maybe, we just don’t enjoy the game anymore... I mean, it’s not really for us. It’s mostly a children’s game, teens’ at most. We keep blaming things such as a lack of or **** updates for why we don’t enjoy the game so much but realistically the issue is probably us and not the game. Personally, the game hasn’t really appealed to me for years now. The only thing that keeps us here is the community. I think the game will be popular. With the right advertising, 8-16 year olds will flock to this game. But I don’t think it will be popular among us.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#5 2020-01-31 13:56:11, last edited by Norwee (2020-01-31 13:56:30)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

mutantdevle wrote:

Personally, I’ve only ever found EE fun when there’s lots of players and prexisting worlds. EEU doesn’t have that yet. So I doubt I’m going to play it much unless it gets popular.

But there’s something else we have to consider. We’ve all grown up. We’re all more mature and have different tastes. Maybe, we just don’t enjoy the game anymore... I mean, it’s not really for us. It’s mostly a children’s game, teens’ at most. We keep blaming things such as a lack of or **** updates for why we don’t enjoy the game so much but realistically the issue is probably us and not the game. Personally, the game hasn’t really appealed to me for years now. The only thing that keeps us here is the community. I think the game will be popular. With the right advertising, 8-16 year olds will flock to this game. But I don’t think it will be popular among us.

Well. Theoretically, if the game was turned back into it’s 2011-2012 state. Maybe you’d actually love it? Even if you are grown up now.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#6 2020-01-31 14:17:48

skullz17

It depends. We don't really know how they will run the game after 1.0 is released. With the right marketing, it can probably be successful at the beginning, because I think the concept of a multiplayer real time level editor to people who haven't seen it before is actually pretty cool. But it might just do an EE and start to die after 1-2 years, which I think is likely, because I already feel like it is too similar to EE and will probably have the same problems. For example, they changed the currency system slightly, but kept energy the same, despite many discussions in the community about how energy should be replaced.

However, if they just keep doing consistent updates and campaign releases, maybe it's possible to keep the game afloat for longer. We've never seen anyone do this with EE while it had a decent playerbase, so I have no idea what would happen. I've always thought that EE's issues were a little more complicated than this, so I think that the solution should be something better than just consistent updates, but I get the feeling we won't get there with the current staff.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#7 2020-01-31 14:23:24

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I think the EEU graphics are good. The thing that worries me is the playerbase, I don't really see many players online when I go on EEU. Also this is probably just me but I dont have motivation to build worlds lmao, do you guys have the same problem.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#8 2020-01-31 14:56:37, last edited by Luka504 (2020-01-31 15:00:31)

Luka504

EEU's problem right now is a rather obvious one. After all, it's the very first thing you notice when you login; the lobby is a ghost-town.

There aren't any good worlds to play or people to talk to and, with the miserably small block selection, there's a hamper on how creative you can be when making your own level. Even the best of advertising campaigns can only get you so far when the game itself sucks major ****.

I understand that EEU will grow and change as time goes on but, due to my first taste of the game being a sour one, I've lost all the enthusiasm I once had for it. Simply put, I don't care about the game anymore. And, judging by the routinely low player count, it's safe to say many people share that same sentiment.

Perhaps Xeno and his little posse of developers can claw out of the ditch they're in, but I seriously doubt it.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#9 2020-01-31 15:23:06, last edited by Tomahawk (2020-01-31 15:41:11)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

In theory it’ll eventually reach open beta and a general release, then they can start advertising.

The make-or-break at that point is how well the game is prepared for newbies. Are there promo videos? Tutorials? Reasons to play daily? Collectibles? Cool BALs? Friendly and non-toxic players? Maybe AI players to simulate activity? Regular updates? Ways to rank yourself in relation to other players? Reasons to buy things with real money? Feature-rich gameplay that encourages player interaction?

If Xeno runs out of money before user retention is high enough, rip EEU. The valley of death is gonna go real deep for this little company if it wants enough eyeballs on the game.

EDIT: Maybe they should buy EEU.io. It’s only $5k.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2020-01-31 16:16:26

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

The main problem EEU has right now is the development speed, barely anything significant to get you excited into building worlds has been added since it was released, which is now what, 4 months ago? In EE I mostly fool around with switches and invisible portals, and EEU has nothing of that as of now. The lack of a shop doesn't help, albeit I have an empty 200x200 world, the fact that I only have one makes me really consider what I want to build in it (and because of that I end up not building anything). In my initial feedback for EEU back when it was released I believe I said the game would go okay as long as they kept a constant influx of new things to fool with for beta testers, but the staff has not delivered on managing to do that.

gLjTZE1.png

#11 2020-01-31 17:17:45, last edited by Minisaurus (2020-01-31 17:22:05)

Minisaurus
Banned

About physics:
They have to be polished, as for now they does not feel bouncy enough
Arrows need more strenght, dots need more friction
The portals are currently very bad implemented, the plan is to fix them
The building zones is not polished yet

About graphics: Graphics are not like in EE at all, EE was more squary, EEU will be more roundy, cartoonish instead of pixel art
There will be customization, so there will be tons of combinaitons possible for smileys which is great

About future action tools:
There are many suggestions made for EE that I would like to see in EEU
Slopes, and other action tools are planned, but there are some action tools that are not yet discussed or even were rejected, so I hope they are reconsidered/discussed eventually and added to EEU (Maybe not with the current staff team, but with a future one, who knows //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile)

EEU have total freedom for changing right now, so I hope the game takes its best shape as it progress
If we get EEU to steam, then the game will be a total success and very popular for sure

Staff:
Most of the staff are players that has been playing and supporting the game for years and years, veterans that know the game to some extent
The staff listen the community and consider the suggestions made for the game, constantly seeing what the community wants and critique
The way decitions are taken and the way roles are distributed is not ideal, but it works, and things are progressing, so that is good for the game
The staff structure could be improved, as there should be more people in staff with roles as supervisors, directors, etc, for each department, but that would mean the need to pay them or a much bigger community probably

EEU have a bright future in my opinion, much things to improve, create and consider //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#12 2020-01-31 17:49:28

AllenCaspe9510
Website

I actually told someone about an upcomming game called EEU and who is never involved EE, (Only one, just one)
And we actually talked about it. He was really interested about EE, and pointed out that found out that a game called "Growtopia" was said that it has stole/borrowed a concept of EE. As responded " I often watched my sister playing GT like all the time when I was younger and I did try playing this game and sadly, it wasn't really my cup of tea, even if it's like top 3 gossiping. However, from what I've googled, GT copied the concept of EE but I had no idea why EE was less popular than GT."
So, I threw an old trailer about EE. And wow... I have never thought that he'd have signs of hype. So, then I threw some more stuff on what's about EEU. And he was really hyped no joke, he couldn't wait for it. I have no idea what I've have done. It's like I spoiled the game or smth. And ofc, you cant tell how popular EEU might be

I do believe that EEU may be a successful game and I really want in my hands right now, I do appreciate the EEU developers such as Bytearray. But the problems are likely unpredicted and stagnant. I do think that the developing speed is right as it progresses as the game gets popular. The popular the game, likely faster development if people support. Even tho development is random, I do think that it improves as EEU gets popular.

For the remaining problems, I do think developers might have a trick on their sleeves, especially when Bytearray pointed out that he plans on revising the UI. So that its a lot more easier or something.

However, I do think that EEU will also require our help, by developing entertaining worlds to keep the player base and the game alive. But if development drops, this statement also drops due to the fact of bored players thirst for something new.

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#13 2020-01-31 18:06:01

Gosha

since the main part of ee is the atmosphere, i can't believe the game will be ever successful under xenonetix ownership

#14 2020-01-31 19:29:49

BuzzerBee
Forum Admin

Not sure what all this Xeno hate is about... he’s doing a really good job managing the team and listening to players.

EEU is already fun even in just its closed beta stage. I agree, it’s not as fun as it could be because of the small amount of players, but as others were saying it’s just in a closed beta stage.

It’s getting better with every update, and already feels refreshing compared to old EE.

I also agree that a port to steam would be a great opportunity for a higher player base. Maybe even an early access situation.

Anyway, I have hope.

Tomahawk does kinda have a point about the domain. ee-universe.com is hideous. Who wants to see a hyphen in a domain?

TdQRyz3.png
https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/5/5d/135_bee

#15 2020-01-31 22:37:44

peace

maby if they put in on steam fo rlike $0.50 its almost freeish but they still eanr somethign with every purschage right now im not playign EEU mainly becuase of lack of content and lack of worlds/ideas (im otu of ideas for EE wprlds aswell) an system fo rbuying worlds for now would do great to get mroe worlds and an way to find worlds that are not online also will do

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#16 2020-02-01 06:02:41

XxAtillaxX

I certainly hope not. I hope the quality of games goes UP rather than people playing **** rip-offs out of desperation.

signature.png
*u stinky*

#17 2020-02-01 11:20:26

peace

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I certainly hope not. I hope the quality of games goes UP rather than people playing **** rip-offs out of desperation.

uh yeah no nto really what EEU is

peace.png

#18 2020-02-04 16:06:33

Falk

I don't want EEU to fail, but I don't believe it will succeed either. Kids are more than able to find something better to do nowadays than spawning blocks with mouse clicks and build hotels, bosses and stai- Scratch that. Stairs won't even be a thing because key doors are the devil supposedly. (Really don't get it AT ALL why they won't be in eeu)

EE just had luck to launch off the ground. The internet was small and dumb, the main attraction was browser games and EE had a multitude of features that was more than able to hook people's attention.
Now things are not like that anymore. There are way better games than EEU/EE on steam that are dead, expecting EEU to get a lot of people and hold them in place is the next level of wishful thinking.
You won't have 3,000 people clicking the screen and messing around with arrows for that long.

But hey, that's my opinion overall. Let's get to the smaller things.
Yes, sure, updates are needed, new packs are needed, but I really don't think they are needed right now. Absolute top priority right now should be polishing gravity. Game's in closed beta, you wouldn't want the game to "release", people "making levels" and then breaking them all with a major gravity change, now would you? Not many players in, not many worlds in, so why not incentivising people to mess around with gravity, trying to make minis and have the staff take a look on quirks and the like? (I'd say EEU should have quirks just like EE, even if they are known from the start, it's nice to find those as a noob player while building minis yourself, but I won't get into that because, again, quirks are the devil and we need to purge them apparently)

Some other things I don't understand and would appreciate if somebody would explain are these:

-I was once talking to xeno and casually phrased "if eeu's gravity wants to be like ee's" and he laughingly said EEU really doesn't want that. Why is that? I could guess EE's gravity is spaghetti code, but if the end goal is not broken, why try to fix it?
Outsiders will be difficult to hold in either way, so let's risk having older players also not stay because they are forced to learn a new, wonky movement system from scratch. Sounds like a good idea.
It all comes down to "Why should I invest effort in learning this and doing that here when I can do something else?" and trust me, not only old players think like that. Children do too.

-Why does EEU want to be less pixely and more "round", more "clean"? Blocks are squares. When people will build worlds, when people will build art (if to both), they will do pixel art because that's what the minimap encourages them to do and nowadays, that's what it's easier to look up and copy. Sure it's nice to look at. But one core feature cannot adopt the round and clean idea, having the others be that would be inconsistent.

#19 2020-02-04 19:04:02

huk94

EEU comes online in Steam. This is already a success for sure! //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

You Rock!

#20 2020-02-04 19:24:35

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

since steam can add game-themed emojis proposed by devs, i hereby request a blue key emoji and a :penisve: emoji

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#21 2020-02-04 21:58:15

Sensei1

I hope it'll be succesfull, but so far I don't really like the feel of it.

There are a lot of things in it that I don't like. There's something about the movement that gives me a headache. Some of the graphics look a bit cheap. There's not much to do with the current features. So far its just a worse version of EE I guess? Maybe I'm comparing it too much to EE right now, but whenever I play EEU, it leaves me with a bad taste.

EEU should be a better version of EE. Like if I'm completely honest, EE looks bad and the gameplay is usually not very interesting to me. The core idea of EE is amazing, but if you play it as a platformer game it's pretty bad. I hope EEU would be better, but it seems to be heading to the direction where EE is.

So yeah, it might as well be succesful.

#22 2020-02-09 08:56:43

GravityDonut
Formerly Mkgamer

None of our EE worlds will be transferred over, which is extremely discouraging. I've had no motivation to build in either game; EE because of that fact, EEU because there isn't much to build with yet.

Personally, I don't think EEU will be very successful, but who knows. I don't see myself playing EEU for very long unless there becomes a way to transfer old worlds over to the new site.

#23 2020-02-09 11:09:34

peace

you can poort em manualy and when world sizes gets added you can se signs to refer to look a like blocks

peace.png

#24 2020-02-09 16:33:24

Cyral

mutantdevle wrote:

This is a really good point. I first started playing EE in my first year of middle school, and I'm now about to graduate college. That's a long time and I would be surprised if any of the "original" EE players were actually interested (or have time) to play such a game again.

I think we also need to consider that the popular days of EE came before the mobile games market really exploded. Browser games were a big thing back them, but with so much of the target audience now having smartphones, the medium has shifted considerably to mobile.

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#25 2020-02-09 22:02:58

capasha

Cyral wrote:

This is a really good point. I first started playing EE in my first year of middle school, and I'm now about to graduate college. That's a long time and I would be surprised if any of the "original" EE players were actually interested (or have time) to play such a game again.

I think we also need to consider that the popular days of EE came before the mobile games market really exploded. Browser games were a big thing back them, but with so much of the target audience now having smartphones, the medium has shifted considerably to mobile.

I must agree. Smartphones is a thing now. I see so many kids use their smartphones than using a computer to play games with. And I remember, EE was in flash when the big hype of flash games was a thing.

peace1581521120774334

Board footer