Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-20 20:21:24

peace

is there fun if you look up the walkthoghrough for the entire game?

say you play an game wiht 30 levels at level 18 you start ragin and see there is an walkthrough for the game
now my question begs what gives more fun playign wiht or wihtotu thre wlakthrough for the rest of the 12 levels?
its a har dquestion to answer for myself because i agree wiht both statements to give fun

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#2 2019-11-20 21:30:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: is there fun if you look up the walkthoghrough for the entire game?

There’s no definitive answer to this. If you have fun despite knowing how to do it then you have fun; it’s as simple as that. I personally wouldn’t have fun doing that.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#3 2019-11-20 21:58:05

huk94

It is individualy different for each living person.
It is not fun to play with walkthrough. NEVER FUN to use it. And this is not the real question.
The answer lies in your condition and emotions after beating a hazzard. When you overcome difficulties you get some sort of satisfaction of accomplishement.
So when you play alone, without any help from any source and beat that hard part of stage you were grinding for hours/days/weeks etc you get maximum points of this joy into your brain. You feel winged and awesome!
When you can't do it alone and you struggle to find solution, you may use a walkthrough to get a hint. (This is actually the way how I do) So you find that hard part, and watch how a person do something that you couldn't find out yourself or just misunderstood the whole thing, and then you get the idea and be like (AHhHHH, that thing!) and then you do everything else by your hands, without any other help. It still give you an immense amount of happiness, but somewhat less than in the first variant.
And third, the worst, you just do everything with walkthrough, without your mind working on ideas and such. I know some people like this, and that is like 0 points of Joy received per eternity.

But okay, that were my thoughts about the problem in total. If you reach some hardships and begin to use walkthrough it depends entirely on you, if you want to play with it in later stages or not. If I were you, I would not get any fun with playing walkthrough after that hard level you've beaten with its help.

You Rock!

#4 2019-11-21 08:30:04

peace

i mean if you need to grind a level for minths is there even fun to not use an walkthrough?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#5 2019-11-21 11:40:19

Yu

No

#6 2019-11-21 12:11:54, last edited by Luka504 (2019-11-21 12:22:36)

Luka504

Well, depends.

In most cases, I'd say no. Half the challenge and fun in a game is just figuring out what you're supposed to do, so if you circumvent that by using a walkthrough, the experience becomes less enjoyable.

However, there are times where I'm playing a game, and its been a blast thus far, but then I'd reach a point where I'm stuck in a level that's really tedious, cryptic, or just plain annoying to play. Instead of just quitting the game, I'd pull up a walkthrough and essentially skip it.

That way, I get to enjoy the rest of the game. By using a walkthrough, I made the game more enjoyable and was able to have more fun in the end, as well.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by:

#7 2019-11-21 17:37:57

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

It's fun FUN!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#8 2019-11-21 18:36:58

skullz17

If it's a part that is just plain difficult, I'd rather complete it without a walkthrough, unless I was really really stuck and couldn't see a way to beat it. I really enjoy the feeling of satisfaction after figuring it out for myself and executing it properly, and I think usually the grindy stuff fall in this category for me. But if it's something where it just feels like I wasted my time trying to figure it out, like trying to figure out where i'm supposed to go in an rpg or something, then I'd prefer a walkthrough for that part. Some things are not fun to figure out on your own.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by:

#9 2019-11-21 20:39:27, last edited by Yu (2019-11-21 20:42:23)

Yu

Even as a kid if I was stuck at a part and I couldn't get through it I'd put the controller down, turn off the game and spend most of the day thinking where to go next or how to solve the puzzle or how to advance. Then I'd turn the game back on and scramble for solutions and finally find a way through. It was the most satisfying feeling as a kid. Main reason I did this was because for the longest time (10+ years) I never realized video games had walkthroughs--I thought they just had cheat codes lol.

The very first game I looked up for a side quest was Final Fantasy 12's rare enemies. Finding them on your own is incredibly difficult as it is and I just had to look it up--even my brother who didn't believe in looking game walkthroughs up agreed that we should print out every rare enemy entry. So we did.

So to me, it is objectively more fun to not look up walkthroughs. I strive to not look them up unless whatever is in the way is really stupid or unfair (especially in a bad or mediocre game)

There were games where the puzzles were pretty difficult for me as a kid, and I actually just quit the games. I never had a sense of "video game loyalty"--instead I played whatever game I felt like playing at the time. I finished most games I started but if a game got boring/repetitive/confusing and the puzzles didn't make sense I played something else.

Yu1574365167768296

Board footer