Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-11-18 17:29:44, last edited by Kira (2019-11-18 17:32:15)

Kira

Doki Doki Literature Club (DDLC)

Has anyone ever played this game before? It's free on steam.

?imw=512&imh=456&ima=fit&impolicy=Letterbox&imcolor=%23000000&letterbox=true

If so, what did you think of it?

I personally enjoyed it a lot. It looks like your casual weeby visual novel at first, but it gets really interesting.

#2 2019-11-18 18:19:45

Sensei1

Re: Doki Doki Literature Club (DDLC)

I didn't know it was free. I haven't played it but I've seen videos of it. Some parts of the ost are really great, and the game itself has some fun ideas.

Spoilers maybe?

Wooted by:

#3 2019-11-18 19:36:47

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I only watched a playthrough and it scarred me.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2019-11-18 19:49:15, last edited by Luka504 (2019-11-18 19:52:12)

Luka504

Honestly, it's a brilliantly made game. The beginning is a bit boring, not gonna lie, but at the back of my mind was the thought that there had to have been more to the game under the hood; And boy, was I right.

Massive Spoiler

The way DDLC breaks the fourth wall is definitely its greatest strength. The only other games I can recall that interacted with the player in such manner are Undertale and One Shot. (Side note: If you haven't played One Shot, just trust me, get it. It's phenomenal.)

But yeah, DDLC is a 10/10 game. If you somehow managed to avoid hearing any spoilers about it, I recommend picking it up and playing through it untill the end.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#5 2019-11-18 19:53:34

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

DDLC too scary for me lol
And yea Oneshot was really an amazing game

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#6 2019-11-18 19:56:57, last edited by Kira (2019-11-18 19:57:42)

Kira

Luka504 wrote:

Honestly, it's a brilliantly made game. The beginning is a bit boring, not gonna lie, but at the back of my mind was the thought that there had to have been more to the game under the hood; And boy, was I right.

Massive Spoiler

The way DDLC breaks the fourth wall is definitely its greatest strength. The only other games I can recall that interacted with the player in such manner are Undertale and One Shot. (Side note: If you haven't played One Shot, just trust me, get it. It's phenomenal.)

But yeah, DDLC is a 10/10 game. If you somehow managed to avoid hearing any spoilers about it, I recommend picking it up and playing through it untill the end.

I really think any game that attempts to go out of it's way from the unconventional game turns it into something really interesting and make you believe in the game more.

Sensei1 wrote:

I didn't know it was free. I haven't played it but I've seen videos of it. Some parts of the ost are really great, and the game itself has some fun ideas.

Spoilers maybe?

Yep it's free, played it yesterday. Definitely a game to play

Tomahawk wrote:

I only watched a playthrough and it scarred me.

Don't be, it's a good experience.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

DDLC too scary for me lol
And yea Oneshot was really an amazing game

scaredy cats

#7 2019-11-18 20:21:21

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

10/10 got screamed at by therapist when i mentioned it bc it gave me bad thoughts again

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (5)

#8 2019-11-19 04:46:05

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Oh, I heard a lot about it, but never played it. However, it did inspire me to create this cursed image: //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Open With Caution

(I totally don't regret making this.)

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#9 2019-11-19 18:54:59

Kira

Sticksam wrote:

Oh, I heard a lot about it, but never played it. However, it did inspire me to create this cursed image: //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

(I totally don't regret making this.)

the top look like pork slices, love it

Wooted by:

#10 2019-11-20 01:52:59

bunglybongle

ususally i joke about and **** but the truth is

I legitmately developed (and still deal with to this very day) a severe case of depression from DDLC, completely unknowing what the game actually behold. Before playing it, I was actually an optimist, had a lot of motivation, someone who went outside with friends during the weekends. And then my friend Kimberely brought up how I should try it out, because it was an interesting virtual novel. So I decided, "Well, why not? It'll give me something to do.". It did. I played it. After about 60 to 65 hours, that's when it hit. I stopped finding happiness in hobbies I used to enjoy, I stopped eating for weeks, I stopped going outside, talking to friends. I started thinking about jumping off a bridge, getting ran over by a train, blowing my brains out. A year or two passed and I actually got given medication to deal with it, but this was long after I forgot about DDLC. Depression worsened, not because of DDLC, but because of what went on and still goes on in my life. I'm not asking for any sort of sympathy or empathy or "hey here's some numbers you can call if you need help". I think it was early 2019 that I began to develop extremely nihlistic and pessimistic mindsets and ideologies, ultimately deciding that life in general is full of pain and suffering and that positivity is toxic.

Wooted by:
bunglybongle1574211179768258

Board footer