Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#601 2019-10-23 18:22:04

NoNK

Re: Mafia 33 [Friday Wins!]

This game is actually only like 75% screwed imo and there's a chance we can make it work if we actually put in effort. I'm just going to assume we have a vigilante because if there's a serial killer they need to work together with us anyways to prevent getting endgamed by the mafia team so they might as well be a town vigilante for all intents and purposes.

Lynch onjit, if he flips mafia, vig shoots Diff
Lynch onjit, if he flips town,  vig shoots Daneeko

Pretty sure that's a minimum of 1 mafia dead 100% of the time and we survive to day 4, but obviously the vigi gets the final say on who he shoots

TaskManager wrote:

Am I not allowed to? Also how is that least substantial? You're assuming the alignment of two players

NoNK wrote:

what's your take on Onjit?

I think he'd be a fair choice but I still have doubts about it

Sorry if that came off rude. I do think you're town, but I just think you get caught up a bit in the small things sometimes and miss the bigger picture.

You are free to disagree, espescially on that side point since I'm not as confident on it. The main point is that I think diff/onjit have the highest scum equity, but if I'm wrong there's weaker evidence for the other two.

I think it would be a good move for you (and anyone else for that matter) to post your doubts on Onjit, or if you think there's a better lynch I'm still all ears.

#602 2019-10-23 18:39:19

Different55
Forum Admin

NoNK wrote:

Lynch onjit, if he flips _, vig shoots _

Again, the vig is very likely only one shot. There is only a tiny chance of a SK or a full vig. We can *not* plan around that.

Also correction on my last post, there is only a single D. I forgot that one D = fully doctor. So we are missing another PR, most likely a cop but a small chance of a blocker. Very small chance that the vig is actually full vig. I guess an additional one-shot doctor is a possibility but that's even more unlikely.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#603 2019-10-23 18:41:41

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NoNK wrote:

Sorry if that came off rude. I do think you're town, but I just think you get caught up a bit in the small things sometimes and miss the bigger picture.

I mostly comment on something if I explicitly disagree with it

fdoou wrote:

I think it would be a good move for you (and anyone else for that matter) to post your doubts on Onjit, or if you think there's a better lynch I'm still all ears.

I don't know honestly
Zelda is a pretty fair candidate too, and from my perspective your points for scum zelda kinda outweigh your point for town zelda which was just the gut feeling and the "logic" behind his posts?
I have doubts about Onjit because he still contributed slightly more than Daneeko
I looked through Onjit's earlier posts and found two points, a weak one that argues for him being town and another one that argues for him being scum:
The town point:

Onjit wrote:
!unvote

Taking it off L-1 for now

Scum Onjit shouldn't combat the town wagon by taking it off L-1. The reason this is a weak point is that he could be simply fishing for town points, by explicitly saying that he took the wagon off L-1.

The scum point:
Onjit pushed the Peace wagon:

Onjit wrote:
Slabdrill wrote:

I can't tell how much of this is ****
Will go through better when not on mobile

General rule of thumb: everyone's **** until they aren't

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lmao guys, this is an easy solve.
Peace is acting exactly like he did when i was on a mafia team with him back in mafia 28.
Here's the link: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=46243
ISO Peace's posts in there and compare them to here. It's the exact same style. Making quick accusations, shading absolutely everyone for silly things, really intense from the get-go.

I can buy into this line of reasoning

!vote Peace
Onjit wrote:
!vote peace

I'd rather go for someone I'm 99% suspicious of than someone i'm 98% suspicious of (daneeko)

But then the next day he makes a readlist and gives Diff a strong town read for this:

Onjit wrote:

Diff: Town. I like his reasoning about the Peace wagon.

We all know that Diff's stance was that Peace wagon was wrong, but Onjit went along with it on D1. I don't see any town motivated logic behind this

P.S: here's another one, a case of fence sitting:

Onjit wrote:

I'm open to going either way honestly, I feel like Norboy is more suspicious atm, but I can see Diff doing some "fly on the wall" strats where he's right about the lynch but does nothing to stop it. If that's because he had prior knowledge, then that'd obviously mean that he was mafia. But I can also see Diff going off a hunch, he's a pretty cluey guy most of the time I reckon.

What still makes me suspicious of Norboy is mostly a hunch at this point, as he seems to be trying to flood the thread with the same points over and over - stifling discussion and making people think he is "more right", because nobody's actually going to meaningfully read all of this nonsense haha
He did it with the Peace wagon (although again Peace was playing real badly) and he seems to be doing it with Diff.

My question is this: What are we set to gain from a Diff lynch, over say a Jawp or Kira lynch? Both are also quite suspicious imo.

He had a strong town read on Diff in his previous post, now he's open to lynching the dude.
Does feel like he's open to going along with whatever is most popular at the moment
Link for context: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … 41#p764941

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#604 2019-10-23 18:45:05

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

If we have a Cop that could town clear two players, I think they should claim right now, their input would help on deciding this
If they can town clear one player that is crucial to the topic at hand (i.e. Onjit or Zelda), they should probably claim too
I'd rather sacrifice the Cop tonight but keep the game going for us, cause if we lose now then what's the point for the Cop to stay hidden

That is of course assuming we do have a cop

i8SwC8p.png

#605 2019-10-23 18:45:40

NoNK

Do you think zelda is more likely mafia than onjit? Like diff said we might only get one shot at this, so everyone who has ideas should be contributing them.

#606 2019-10-23 18:52:54

Different55
Forum Admin

TaskManager wrote:

If we have a Cop that could town clear two players, I think they should claim right now, their input would help on deciding this

Nope, any cop is almost definitely one-shot. Good chance the the subject of their investigation is already dead, too. A roleclaim would still help piece things together, though. Currently in this group:

2. mrjawapa
3. ZeldaXD
6. Onjit
7. TaskManager
8. Daneeko
9. ShadowsEdge
12. Different55
13. NoNK

There are 5 roles hiding:

One-Shot Vig or a lazy SK
Cop or maybe a Roleblocker
Goon
Goon
Maf Roleblocker

- ShinsukeIto

#607 2019-10-23 18:53:47

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NoNK wrote:

Do you think zelda is more likely mafia than onjit? Like diff said we might only get one shot at this, so everyone who has ideas should be contributing them.

I don't know lmao
I dug up these D1-D2 posts from Onjit while making that post and now I'm inclined more towards Onjit

i8SwC8p.png

#608 2019-10-23 19:10:29

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Different55 wrote:

One-Shot Vig or a lazy SK
Cop or maybe a Roleblocker
Goon
Goon
Maf Roleblocker

The SK could be RBed N1 or attacked by Mafia (if they picked 1-shot bullet vest)
That would explain one death on N1

Diff you should pull up online time logs for players that are still alive and compare them to timestamps of pre-game period start and end lmao
call that a day action

i8SwC8p.png

#609 2019-10-23 19:56:03

Different55
Forum Admin

Uggghhh dancing around it is just confusing things, I'm not even sure what I have to lose at this point.

The setup is DV(C/D/B)TTTT.

I'm a One-Shot Vig. If you believe me, there are no other vigs unless there are 2 more Vs, which, on top of being p much vanishingly unlikely, means there's a missing SK that has been inactive the entire game.

Anyway if we want to make hypothetical PR plans we shouldn't waste our time planning around any vig help, I burned my shot on Kira last night.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#610 2019-10-23 20:13:40

NoNK

That actually makes a ton of sense and that explains why you were playing sort of laid back.

I think the other power role should stay hidden unless they have a useful result or they're being lynched.

#611 2019-10-23 21:44:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I guess I'm going to trust Diff's claim
Also I'm willing to take this gamble on Onjit
Since others don't seem to be so eager to voice their thoughts, let's get to the point
There's not a whole lot more that we can do?? and people other than us 3 don't seem to be willing to discuss it anyway

!vote Onjit

i8SwC8p.png

#612 2019-10-24 02:00:12

Onjit
Website

I meant to do a proper post yesterday but I was caught in class all day and I was celebrating my friend's birthday all night

I am the 1-Shot Cop. N2 I searched Shadow because I figured that he would be a more difficult person to read than my second suspicion (Daneeko) and he flipped mafia

I was suspecting NoNK as a possible SK, but since Diff claimed Vig, I don't know who the third mafia is. New thoughts are either NoNK or Zelda

Diff/Jawp/Task are pretty clearly town imo

I'll do the whole "read the entire thread and pick apart every single post" thing if I have time, but finals week just started for me so no promises

:.|:;

#613 2019-10-24 02:00:32

Onjit
Website

vote ShadowsEdge

#614 2019-10-24 02:12:31

NoNK

Why didn't you out this as soon as the day started, knowing this was MYLO?

#615 2019-10-24 02:12:35

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I'm the one-shot vanilla townie.

I've done nothing.

Discord: jawp#5123

#616 2019-10-24 02:13:24

NoNK

Considering you are the most likely person in this game to be mafia and you suddenly claim a cop with a guilty result in MYLO, and not even at the beginning of the day, I find this claim incredibly suspect

#617 2019-10-24 02:14:46

Onjit
Website

I didn't realise it was MYLO

#618 2019-10-24 02:17:00

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

M miss
Y your
L lynch
O oops

Discord: jawp#5123

#619 2019-10-24 02:23:32

Onjit
Website

if i had realised that we were that close to the edge i wpuld have claimed straight away, but i basically made my claim at the stat when i said who i thought was scum (i just didnt spell it out fully because i didnt have time)

idk man im pretty garbo at mafia

#620 2019-10-24 02:24:23

NoNK

Onjit wrote:

I didn't realise it was MYLO

YO THATS A LIE

I CAN PROVE IT

NoNK wrote:

This is mylo though, so we should really be trying to find potential scumteams.

I think zelda and task are onto something with the onjit -- daneeko connection. I called out onjit as town with the assumption that norwegianboy was going to flip mafia (since his vote on norwegian didn't feel like a bussing vote), turns out that assumption was wrong.

Keep in mind also: Kira died last night, and he was the one who originally suggested daneeko as a compromise lynch. That wagon didn't gain a lot of traction and went nowhere. Voters were myself, kira, and mrjawapa, 3 town imo.

YOU LITERALLY RESPONDED TO A POST I MADE WHERE I SAID IT WAS MYLO

YOU LITERALLY WOOTED A POST DIRECTLY UNDER ONE WHERE TASKMANAGER SAID IT WAS MYLO

I CAN PROBABLY FIND MORE EVIDENCE IF I LOOKED HARDER BUT YOU HAVE BEEN READING THE GAME AND YOU KNOW THAT, YOU ADMITTED YOU WOOT POSTS YOU AGREE WITH

!vote Onjit
!vote Onjit
!vote Onjit

#621 2019-10-24 02:26:08

NoNK

Ok thanks for that failed attempt at getting the mislynch through on shadow

Diff / Shadow are basically confirmed town by mechanics at this point once onjit flips red, I think we are going to win this game

#622 2019-10-24 02:30:55

NoNK

If the other power role wants to counterclaim to seal the deal, that's cool

If you wanna stay hidden (like you're a 1-shot cop with an unused shot) thats cool too no pressure

I'm not losing to a fakeclaim though

#623 2019-10-24 02:33:34

Onjit
Website

your smoking gun is that i posted after a post where you said it was mylo? come on. you should know by now that i hardly read posts in this game and just woot whatever sounds smart

i dont know where people get the idea that I'm any good at mafia lmao

all i do is
a) ****
b) go purely off hunches
c) go with the flow

i do this literally every game i play and i always have

even my setups are always weird and completely unbalanced

the point is, i dont know how mafia works at a mechanical level

i do know this however, if you lynch me today, were going to lose

#624 2019-10-24 02:54:33

NoNK

Claiming ignorance of mechanics is worthless here. Your partners could have told you to claim a result to save yourself, there was a lot of time elapsed between you becoming consensus suspect and you claiming.

Plus, you know yourself that's not true. As town you come up with gimmicky strategies - I watched you in purgatorEE make a gambit where according to yourself you intentionally played scummy to attract suspicion with the intention of catching people who scumread you disingenuously. (I'm ad-libbing a bit because you kind of gave up at the end and the scheme fell through so I don't know what it would have looked like to be successful but the point stands)

But yeah if you had a guilty you would have claimed it a lot earlier, even without esoteric mechanical knowledge, not when it started looking like you were going to get lynched. Your story is way to convenient, nothing you're saying is true, yeah ok bye

#625 2019-10-24 02:58:26

NoNK

Real talk though if you are a serial killer fake claiming to save yourself, just claim right now, we literally lose if we lynch you today and there are 3 mafia alive.

TaskManager1572082667765837

Board footer