Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#51 2019-10-21 06:13:40

Onjit
Website

Re: Xenonetix

^

There's a certain amount of basic civility and professionalism that a leader/owner needs to show at all times to keep the community their side, especially if they expect anyone to give them money. Xenonetix has shown time and time again that he is not capable of showing even a modicum of respect or professionalism to anyone in the community, and has only kept the community from falling apart with promises of EEU. I think that it's clear that people are starting to have enough. I only hope that this doesn't burn yet more hard work from the developers of EEU, because regardless of whether you think the game will be successful or not, it'd be a shame for the devs' efforts to go to waste due to the shortcomings of one man.

If you want an example from how a leader in this community should act, look no further than Diff. The dude has been running the forums for like a decade and has been nothing but professional but still approachable to all. What a guy.

:.|:;

Wooted by: (5)

#52 2019-10-21 06:19:10, last edited by Gosha (2019-10-21 06:25:18)

Gosha

Luka504 wrote:

Tl;dr - Xeno has massive anger issues, to the point where it's concerning.

wasn't this established like a year ago?

edit:
i actually read the post and it's literally the same reason why a lot of drama threads started a year ago, nothing new

Wooted by:

#53 2019-10-21 06:26:14

frostflare

Luka504 wrote:
Joeyjoey65 wrote:

This topic really doesn't show the entire context behind it.

Context does not matter, at least in this situation. I don't need to show chat logs from three months ago to explain a problem that started happening very recently.

Context does not change the fact that Xeno has anger issues, and that they could cause problems for EEU down the line if the dude doesn't learn to control his emotions soon. For **** sake man, when is it ever okay for a game owner to shout "I AM **** **** OFF AND RIGHTFULLY SO"?

He's stressed? Well guess what; I'm stressed the **** out too. I've been dealing with legal ****, financial concerns, heated discussions with my **** of a grandma, stress about which college I should enroll and sleeping problems for almost six months now, yet I'm still civil to people because I do not get a free pass to shout at someone just because I have mental problems.

And if someone thinks that I'm acting like an **** at any given time, they have every right to call me out on it and not try to spare my feelings because 'I already have so much on my plate.'

And the same holds true for Xeno. If he's being a jerk to people, he needs to be stopped.

i know this should go with out saying. but how everyone handles situations, varies differently from person to person. some people can handle it while others can't. with that said, i thought about what onjit said in his thread. and you know? he's right in a since. if something is effecting your mental health this much? maybe it's for the best to stop. (if's that not an option?) than maybe just step away from it for a little while until you get better. i understand this isn't the ideal outcome for most people. but i would rather see him get help then hear about his death. and i know, most people are probably surprise i am even saying this at all. but i have already publicly stated more then once in this situation that even though his actions are irrational to me. i don't hate xeno. i just wanted my accounts back and a apology so i could move on with my life.

Wooted by: (3)

#54 2019-10-21 06:28:21, last edited by Onjit (2019-10-21 06:33:43)

Onjit
Website

Yeah, I said it in a joking way, but there is some value in that thread

If he can't handle the stress/expectations of the community, maybe it's best for him personally to step down, or at least step away from the game for a while

:.|:;

#55 2019-10-21 06:59:14

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Crybaby wrote:

Yes, yes he did.

Frankly I don't care about who's right and who's wrong anymore in this community. I just want EE to succeed, even if it means looking past scandals and trusting that we will make it through EE's rough periods. But Xenonetix is crossing a line by threatening to harm EE's availability.

People have already brought up frostflare's ban, but I'd like to emphasize that threatening to take down the game is NOT acceptable from any EE owner and shows a lack of respect for the game being playable.

Wooted by: (3)

#56 2019-10-21 07:28:56

peace

woow this thread escalate dquickly an di sotpeed reading halfway let m epoint this out
xeno had an convo wihtsilver about something NOT related to game they go tin an arguument
xeno went a bit too far okay maby he did but it wasnt somethign game relate dtherefore it hsoudlve been kept private lets see it this way:
you have an bad argument wiht your manager whom owns a nice funpark where kids can play and the manager is sometimes around (like xeno sometimes join an EE world) you get an i nagrument and the manager says yo **** you this and that blah blah blah and fires you does that means kids shoudl never go to that funpark ever again?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#57 2019-10-21 09:12:08

daneeko

peace wrote:

woow this thread escalate dquickly an di sotpeed reading halfway let m epoint this out
xeno had an convo wihtsilver about something NOT related to game they go tin an arguument
xeno went a bit too far okay maby he did but it wasnt somethign game relate dtherefore it hsoudlve been kept private lets see it this way:
you have an bad argument wiht your manager whom owns a nice funpark where kids can play and the manager is sometimes around (like xeno sometimes join an EE world) you get an i nagrument and the manager says yo **** you this and that blah blah blah and fires you does that means kids shoudl never go to that funpark ever again?

Yes

UzI5nBc.png

#58 2019-10-21 09:27:37, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-10-21 09:29:55)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

sorry to say this **** you to th epoeple who leaked it this conversation had nothign to do wiht EE(U) sure xeno shoudldnt have sweared and hsould have said it more frinedly that silver was corssing a line and letthis be thier probelm now everyone just atacksxxeno for a simple conversatiogn that has NOTHING TO DO WITH THEM basically just blaming xeno for a tiny thing and well its bad form yonom to put xeno down liek this for a little thing so can this be lcoked and deleted?

Yes thank me for leaking those DMs haha //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Well, do you really know the problem? We don’t really want an owner which has anger issues. Sure he can express the anger but he expressed it in the wrong way. And do you really think Silver deserved that permaban in EEU? For harassing the owner? If Silver really harassed Xeno then Xeno should show those images.

(Sorry if I have been ninja’d I just read the first few posts of the thread)

EDIT: This may sound wrong to some of you but I still have faith that Xeno is a kind person and that he cares about the community. No matter how many things he did wrong.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#59 2019-10-21 09:52:28, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-10-21 09:53:42)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

peace wrote:

Sorry for doublepost but I need to.

You KNOW that this Xeno and Silver thing isn’t even about the game, so would it make sense for Xeno to BAN someone who did something OUTSIDE THE GAME?
And now I’m gonna ask you:
If Silver doesn’t want to see Xeno, does that mean she can’t play EE anymore?
Do you know the second reason that Xeno banned Silver?
It’s this:

I remember that Xeno asked me something like: Am I not supposed to play if Silver plays?
Of course I would say no, and then I asked: Then is Silver not supposed to play if you play?
Guess what, Xeno answered YES. This is just unfair, I see that as abusing your powers and I honestly cannot accept it.

she/her

Wooted by: (2)

#60 2019-10-21 09:59:08

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

(Yes triple post)
To Xeno:
If you are feeling really stressful then you should stay away from the game for a while. You know this game is giving you a lot of pressure and you know one day you can’t handle it anymore.
Although, from my perspective, what you did to Silver wasn’t really right, I still see you as a person who cares about people. And I think you’re a good owner.
I don’t need your apology, I just hope you can unban Silver from EEU.

she/her

Wooted by:

#61 2019-10-21 11:00:45, last edited by Luka504 (2019-10-21 11:10:51)

Luka504

peace wrote:

Actually peace, yeah, that's precisely what should be done in that scenario.
If an employer is mistreating his employees and customers just because he can, then organizing a boycott is precisely what you do to oppose him.
If the employer realizes that he cannot continue his awful behavior because it loses him money and customers, he'll start treating his employees and guests better.
And I, a guest, benefit from that.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (4)

#62 2019-10-21 11:42:00

capasha

Processor wrote:

This just makes me mad. How can he say he didn't threat this girl's family and her.
This is a threat, this is not ok from my side. Things that goes in pm and have nothing to do about EE(U) or similar should stay there.
I think that xeno have too much powers. He can do whatever he wants.

#63 2019-10-21 12:33:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

I honestly couldn't care less about any personal issues Xenonetix has with anyone. If he wants to get in an argument with someone and swear at them extensively then that's whatever. Sure that's unprofessional, but again, that's not something I care about. As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't apologise to silver, especially not publically, if he isn't genuinely sorry for what he said during their conversation. There's no point in trying to force him to apologise because that'd just make the apology artificial; trying to force him to be sorry is even more pointless. I actually commend that he's sticking to his principles because if he didn't then his apologies would have no integrity. This side of the drama is just pathetic. That said, the patrons are obviously well within their right to withdraw their support for the game over it.

What I find issue with is the fact that he banned someone over something that took place outside of the game. In fact, even if this argument took place inside the game, they still shouldn't have been banned because nothing they said broke any rules (I actually think that what Xeno said was more likely to break EE rules but I'm not 100% sure on that based on how the filter would play into it). Even if the ban was revoked the very fact that he banned them in the first place is unacceptable. It's not a matter of professionalism, it's a matter of power abuse. There was also mention of EE being taken down - EE is up right now but if EE was indeed taken down for a period of time following this argument of all things then that can't be described as anything other than purely irrational. Finally, them still being banned in EEU is also unacceptable. The only reason someone should be removed from the closed beta is if they do something inside the game that is clearly rule-breaking. Xeno has every right to remove people from the EEU discord over personal issues if he wants to due to the friendly nature that is being enforced there and the fact that Xeno is inevitably going to be active in that server. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are a few people who opted into the closed beta who have been given access to EEU but were never invited to join the discord - either because of the nature of their character or because of disagreements they've had with Xeno in the past. But banning someone from the closed beta itself is a step too far.

So what have we actually learned from this drama? Nothing. We know Xenonetix has anger issues and we know he acts irrationally when he's angry. All I can hope comes from this is that Xeno can reflect on it and see what I and many others have been saying to him before this is true. He can't be trusted with moderation and, as a result, he should have no administrative control whatsoever over the EEU forums. Ideally, it'd be best if Xeno played no part in moderating the game either. But as the owner of the game, it's inevitable that he's always going to have access to moderation in the game. On the other hand, he can completely cut off his ability to have any control over the forums by giving sole ownership of it to diff but he chooses not to. Cases like this are exactly why he should do that and I hope he can see that for himself. I'm doubtful of that though as I'm pretty sure the reason that he doesn't already plan to keep the forums and game separate is as simple as he wants to have that power.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#64 2019-10-21 16:56:44

capasha

mutantdevle wrote:

I honestly couldn't care less about any personal issues Xenonetix has with anyone. If he wants to get in an argument with someone and swear at them extensively then that's whatever. Sure that's unprofessional, but again, that's not something I care about.

What I know is that this girl has talked about her family and they are not nice to this girl. And then just ends in a rage against her and her family.
Would you be happy if this happened you? I guess you would be happy to be threaten like this girl was. Because you don't care at all.

The message xeno sent out to this girl could have been ended bad. Who knows what she is going through? Mental illness and maybe much more.

mutantdevle wrote:

As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't apologise to silver, especially not publically

I agree that he doesn't need to say sorry to the whole community.

#65 2019-10-21 17:06:32

peace

Luka504 wrote:
peace wrote:

Actually peace, yeah, that's precisely what should be done in that scenario.
If an employer is mistreating his employees and customers just because he can, then organizing a boycott is precisely what you do to oppose him.
If the employer realizes that he cannot continue his awful behavior because it loses him money and customers, he'll start treating his employees and guests better.
And I, a guest, benefit from that.

but the empolyee got in an argument wiht his boss at the firts place

peace.png

#66 2019-10-21 17:42:27, last edited by Luka504 (2019-10-21 17:43:30)

Luka504

No peace, shouting at people like that would still be unacceptable and would still qualify as mistreatment, even if they weren't the ones to start said argument. There are many ways he could have dealt with the issue that didn't involve insult hurling.

A level of professionalism is expected out of an employer regardless of the circumstances.

#67 2019-10-21 18:02:20

NoNK

my stance on xenonetix

Wooted by:

#68 2019-10-21 18:06:23, last edited by peace (2019-10-21 18:34:04)

peace

Luka504 wrote:

A level of professionalism is expected out of an employer regardless of the circumstances.

*an employee does not take care of his work at a bank and a thief could almost steal like all the money freely wihtout anyoinone knowing he alos almost sets the building on fire aswell as saying loudly oopsie well my bad lol* and youre the boss and see this all happening  knowing some rich boys have hier bank acount at you rbank aswell as you wiht your good salary what woudl you do/say?
E: have to add he was already warned once or twice ffor doing some thigns

to all the people who stopped suporting patreon youre suporting patreon because you suport EE(U) and not xeno himself woudl you suport patreon back if xeno gave away owner ship? if yes why? that is the supidist reason ever donat emoney to patreon to get the game good anto to fund xeno

peace.png

#69 2019-10-21 18:57:25

Luka504

Yes peace, even in that scenario professionalism is still needed.

If someone isn't doing their job well, fire them. No need for a shouting match.

#70 2019-10-21 19:26:10, last edited by Kira (2019-10-21 19:38:09)

Kira

mutantdevle wrote:

I honestly couldn't care less about any personal issues Xenonetix has with anyone. If he wants to get in an argument with someone and swear at them extensively then that's whatever. Sure that's unprofessional, but again, that's not something I care about. As far as I'm concerned, he shouldn't apologise to silver, especially not publically, if he isn't genuinely sorry for what he said during their conversation. There's no point in trying to force him to apologise because that'd just make the apology artificial; trying to force him to be sorry is even more pointless. I actually commend that he's sticking to his principles because if he didn't then his apologies would have no integrity. This side of the drama is just pathetic. That said, the patrons are obviously well within their right to withdraw their support for the game over it.

What I find issue with is the fact that he banned someone over something that took place outside of the game. In fact, even if this argument took place inside the game, they still shouldn't have been banned because nothing they said broke any rules (I actually think that what Xeno said was more likely to break EE rules but I'm not 100% sure on that based on how the filter would play into it). Even if the ban was revoked the very fact that he banned them in the first place is unacceptable. It's not a matter of professionalism, it's a matter of power abuse. There was also mention of EE being taken down - EE is up right now but if EE was indeed taken down for a period of time following this argument of all things then that can't be described as anything other than purely irrational. Finally, them still being banned in EEU is also unacceptable. The only reason someone should be removed from the closed beta is if they do something inside the game that is clearly rule-breaking. Xeno has every right to remove people from the EEU discord over personal issues if he wants to due to the friendly nature that is being enforced there and the fact that Xeno is inevitably going to be active in that server. In fact, I'm pretty sure there are a few people who opted into the closed beta who have been given access to EEU but were never invited to join the discord - either because of the nature of their character or because of disagreements they've had with Xeno in the past. But banning someone from the closed beta itself is a step too far.

So what have we actually learned from this drama? Nothing. We know Xenonetix has anger issues and we know he acts irrationally when he's angry. All I can hope comes from this is that Xeno can reflect on it and see what I and many others have been saying to him before this is true. He can't be trusted with moderation and, as a result, he should have no administrative control whatsoever over the EEU forums. Ideally, it'd be best if Xeno played no part in moderating the game either. But as the owner of the game, it's inevitable that he's always going to have access to moderation in the game. On the other hand, he can completely cut off his ability to have any control over the forums by giving sole ownership of it to diff but he chooses not to. Cases like this are exactly why he should do that and I hope he can see that for himself. I'm doubtful of that though as I'm pretty sure the reason that he doesn't already plan to keep the forums and game separate is as simple as he wants to have that power.

Excellent post and I agree with it.

Users on here care on a personal level, and that's bad. You can't change people unless they want to.

Edit: Luka please close this topic. There's no point for discussion.

Wooted by:

#71 2019-10-21 20:03:43

Luka504

Kira wrote:

Luka please close this topic. There's no point for discussion.

Sorry chief, no can do.

To me, closing this topic would be an admission that I've become content with Xeno's behavior; that I view him self-imploding every now and then as normal, but it's not normal.

It's not normal for anyone to behave this way, much less the owner of EEU, someone who should practically be a paragon of light in our community.

His explosive nature could be the last straw that sends EEU flying straight into the dirt, never to be seen again. Nobody wants that. I don't want that. And that's why I can't just close this topic and accept this is our new reality.

I'd rather just let the discussion die down naturally instead of forcefully shutting it down.

#72 2019-10-21 20:12:20, last edited by Kira (2019-10-21 20:12:33)

Kira

Luka504 wrote:

It's not normal for anyone to behave this way, much less the owner of EEU, someone who should practically be a paragon of light in our community.

2hfjn0huRVqGrLD5OPnn7w.png

Wooted by:

#73 2019-10-21 20:14:23

Luka504

Glad we understand each other

#74 2019-10-21 20:36:56

peace

lukei the convo was nothign about ingame things thefroe th egame shoudlnt be taken wihtihin this convo

peace.png

#75 2019-10-21 20:50:56

daneeko

moving the discussion to the fourth page

UzI5nBc.png

Tomahawk1572017558765755

Board footer