Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#326 2019-10-20 16:17:21

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Re: Mafia 33 [Friday Wins!]

Different55 wrote:

@Norboy I'm not confident y'all aren't backing down having bitten off more than you could chew. You have no answers for any of the questions sent your way.

I would gladly fight you till sunset, but i've got better things to do. Like lynching Kira. How about it?

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#327 2019-10-20 16:18:36

NoNK

!vote KIRA

I don't think diff is mafia, and I don't think norboy is mafia. Kira is scum, jawapa is potentially a partner. Kira knows better then to accuse 3 people voting on someone of being the full scumteam. Burden of proficiency, his reads are hilariously surface level.

Different55 wrote:

@Norboy I'm not confident y'all aren't backing down having bitten off more than you could chew. You have no answers for any of the questions sent your way.

No offense, but have you noticed I've been mostly avoiding back and forth discussions this game, and just posting my thoughts when I find it useful? Arguing back and forth with someone you scumread doesn't actually help you catch mafia. It just solidifies in your mind that the other person is mafia, and vice versa.

Take a step back and look at the gamestate as a whole. The goal of mafia isn't to win the most internet fights, the goal is to lynch the scum.

#328 2019-10-20 16:18:58

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

@Different55
You're not a popular lynch, Kira is. And i think he has very high scum equity as well. So even though i would prefer you, i can compromise. What matters the most is lynching scum after all.

#329 2019-10-20 16:24:10

NoNK

@Different55

I guarantee you that mafia is banking on a town imploding as their strategy to win this game, and I say that is for a few reasons:

1. Crybaby got nightkilled. Crybaby had zero game content in his ISO.
2. The people who I scumread (Kira, Jawapa, Shadowsedge) are sitting back and remaining largely background characters or totally uninvolved (shadowsedge) in the main conflict of the day, or casually sitting back and adding fuel to the fire (Kira).
3. Kira is going absolutely BONKERS at the fact that Norwegianboy and I are working together to try to solve this game. Town working together wins games. The fact that he calls out Norwegain / NoNK / Daneeko as scum because we are all on the same wagon should be very indicative of where his motivations lie: fuel the fire of the town conflict, prevent anyone from working together. Scum thrive in chaos.

Wooted by: (4)

#330 2019-10-20 16:26:48

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

I'm concerned about the no one really having answered Onjit's question, because I think it's good to consider what can be gained as information from the flip of a specific person. (I'd give it a try, but that takes more thinking than just going through everyone's iso once)

Still undecided on who I want to vote for.

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#331 2019-10-20 16:28:12

daneeko

this is a lot to read, i dont have time to analyse it now so kthxbye

UzI5nBc.png

#332 2019-10-20 16:32:49

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Mod post

Vote Count

NorwegianboyEE (3) - Different55, Kira, Onjit.
Kira (2) - NorwegianboyEE, NoNK.
Different55 (1) - Daneeko.

Please insult me if I got a vote wrong.

Time left: https://www.timeanddate.com/countdown/g … nt=cursive

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#333 2019-10-20 16:34:01

Different55
Forum Admin

Bleh. I'm not satisfied that Norboy isn't scum. His actions are way too suspicious to ignore. Not caring if a townie gets lynched, trying to go after me using his own prompts as "evidence," trying to retcon his past posts, just the speed of his turn on me after your post, there's no way we can simply shrug and move on anyway. We tried that once already. And I'd say currently Norboy currently is the more popular lynch. Still need to hear more from more people but.

That said I don't intend to let town go without a lynch today. I'm not moving my vote, but only not yet.

I'd be okay with lynching Kira if only for the reason that if he flips town I don't think either of you can talk your way out of it. I still don't have any real read on him from his little he's posted.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#334 2019-10-20 16:36:06

Different55
Forum Admin

NoNK wrote:

@Different55

I guarantee you that mafia is banking on a town imploding as their strategy to win this game, and I say that is for a few reasons:

1. Crybaby got nightkilled. Crybaby had zero game content in his ISO.
2. The people who I scumread (Kira, Jawapa, Shadowsedge) are sitting back and remaining largely background characters or totally uninvolved (shadowsedge) in the main conflict of the day, or casually sitting back and adding fuel to the fire (Kira).
3. Kira is going absolutely BONKERS at the fact that Norwegianboy and I are working together to try to solve this game. Town working together wins games. The fact that he calls out Norwegain / NoNK / Daneeko as scum because we are all on the same wagon should be very indicative of where his motivations lie: fuel the fire of the town conflict, prevent anyone from working together. Scum thrive in chaos.

I agree that this is a real possibility, yes.

Slabdrill wrote:

I'm concerned about the no one really having answered Onjit's question, because I think it's good to consider what can be gained as information from the flip of a specific person. (I'd give it a try, but that takes more thinking than just going through everyone's iso once)

Still undecided on who I want to vote for.

4 times it's been asked now.

- ShinsukeIto

#335 2019-10-20 16:53:39

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

If Kira flips green, me, NoNK and Daneeko are suspicious. If he flips red, we are town and Jawapa is suspicious.
How’s that? Diff’s allignment depends on who he choses to vote.

#336 2019-10-20 17:02:19

Different55
Forum Admin

I'm not convinced that Daneeko is anything but a clueless newbie yet.

I'm not seeing the lines of reasoning between the rest of what you're saying.

I will keep my vote on you unless the town will nolynch without it elsewhere or unless something drastic happens.

- ShinsukeIto

#337 2019-10-20 17:02:40

Kira

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If Kira flips green, me, NoNK and Daneeko are suspicious. If he flips red, we are town and Jawapa is suspicious.

no ****.

Jawapa is town remember that. Vote me peeps!

#338 2019-10-20 17:05:13

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

How does kira flipping scum make me scum?

And why do I get the feeling kira is trying to be lynched

Discord: jawp#5123

#339 2019-10-20 17:06:28

Different55
Forum Admin

To expand on what I said earlier, I'm okay lynching Kira because I don't think you guys can talk your way out of it if he flips green. If we lynch you and you flip green then there's a large base of suspicious actions that anyone can dig into to to justify their actions. It's more dangerous for you to be wrong about Kira than anything else, which is why even though I find you painfully suspicious with no justification for being so, I will accept a Kira lynch since flipping green basically guarantees you're scum imo.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#340 2019-10-20 17:10:57

NoNK

Different55 wrote:

To expand on what I said earlier, I'm okay lynching Kira because I don't think you guys can talk your way out of it if he flips green. If we lynch you and you flip green then there's a large base of suspicious actions that anyone can dig into to to justify their actions. It's more dangerous for you to be wrong about Kira than anything else, which is why even though I find you painfully suspicious with no justification for being so, I will accept a Kira lynch since flipping green basically guarantees you're scum imo.

No, I don't accept those terms. To say that I, as town, need to have perfect knowledge of people's alignments in order to be proven town is completely backwards. What are you smoking?

#341 2019-10-20 17:12:56

NoNK

I would rather just lynch norwegianboy and have him flip green so then I can get my actual scumreads lynched tomorrow, if this is the moonlogic we're playing with now.

Because if and when norwegianboy flips green, there's no way Kira/Jawapa can talk himself out of supporting that lynch, and now he's the bad guy.

#342 2019-10-20 17:14:15

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Wouldn't it be a **** strategy if me and NoNK was on the same scumteam and we'd both risk our lives on voting someone that we know will flip green?

Wooted by:

#343 2019-10-20 17:14:23

NoNK

You see why this logic doesn't work, or do you just want all the active people to kill themselves one after another while the inactives get nightkilled?

#344 2019-10-20 17:16:02

Different55
Forum Admin

NoNK wrote:
Different55 wrote:

No, I don't accept those terms. To say that I, as town, need to have perfect knowledge of people's alignments in order to be proven town is completely backwards. What are you smoking?

You can't be proven town except by getting lynched. I'm offering you no terms, no way for you to be confirmed town. I'm only saying that if Kira is not red, you are.

NoNK wrote:

I would rather just lynch norwegianboy and have him flip green so then I can get my actual scumreads lynched tomorrow, if this is the moonlogic we're playing with now.

Because if and when norwegianboy flips green, there's no way Kira/Jawapa can talk himself out of supporting that lynch, and now he's the bad guy.

I'd agree with you if Norboy hadn't dug himself a deep little hole today. Something you still have completely disregarded.

- ShinsukeIto

#345 2019-10-20 17:17:17

Different55
Forum Admin

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Wouldn't it be a **** strategy if me and NoNK was on the same scumteam and we'd both risk our lives on voting someone that we know will flip green?

Ugh fair. Hold on lemme sit down at a non-phone and go over everything again

- ShinsukeIto

#346 2019-10-20 17:20:01

NoNK

Yes, diff, I will openly admit that I have largely been disregarding the argument for norwegian and I've been holding onto a townread on him.

I might be getting pocketed and I guess it's worth considering. I'll give it a read for good faith. If you have a summary of the hole that norwegian is in I'm down to hear it, but I'll also be rereading this day myself.

#347 2019-10-20 17:27:42

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I had that same fear about you NoNK, but i've put those aside because i highly doubt there is any scum motive in your posts. It is in the interest of the town to co-operate in finding scum. And because you're my strongest townread i have openly allied myself with you. Because two town votes are stronger than one and can sway the town into the right direction.

#348 2019-10-20 17:31:33

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

NoNK wrote:

Dont pretend he hasn't been aggressive and looks scummy.

#349 2019-10-20 17:32:44

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Would zelda like to play the game with us?

#350 2019-10-20 17:37:03

NoNK

@mrjawapa, kira, different55

Trying to re-read this day and pick out exactly what is being argued is legit making my eyes bleed and I feel like I'm just going to hilariously misinterpret everything.

For the sake of absolute clarity, could I get a tl;dr of the points against norwegianboy, explained like I just joined this game?

Wooted by:
TaskManager1572082667765837

Board footer