Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 2019-10-20 14:23:34

Different55
Forum Admin

Re: Mafia 33 [Friday Wins!]

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Different55 wrote:

Anyone who ISOs you and views your posts in context with mine can see it.

See what?

Different55 wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Also Diff, how many times do i need to say that i never had a strong townread on you?

Dearest, you can say it as many times as you want but we're not allowed to edit posts here. Anyone who ISOs you and views your posts in context with mine can see it.

Strong, maybe not, but you only ever mentioned leaning town towards me.

Just so we don't all have to go digging:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Diff needs to say something allignment indicative so i can townbin him.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

And yes i agree about Diff. In fact he hasn’t voted a single time yet. An way to avoid any negative attention maybe? That’s why i was hesistant to townlean him.

Different55 (My initial instinct says town, but i don't have a strong enough read to be confident in placing him as one yet. I'm going to need more time to confidently sort him.)

Not even a hint of pushing me in the maf category. You agreed with everything I had to say and encouraged me to act in ways that would let you count me as town like you wanted.
Also my bad, you didn't do your lightning 180° on me as soon as I voted for you, that only happened after NoNK came along voicing such strong opposition to me. Before that you were still downright passive towards me:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Now you just need to explain why you suspect me and you're in the game Diff.

Interesting snippet from said NoNKpost:

NoNK wrote:

The slow speed of the suspicion on diff is scum indicative.

Then what do recent events indicate? Within 15 minutes we had 3 votes. Went from everyone (Norboy included) generally townreading me to the conversation being completely derailed for a person nobody even really suspects except for NoNK.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Suits who exactly? Can you give names?

Oh I'm struggling. You either really think I'm a cop role or that I'm straight up psychic. Why is your response to everything an immediate interrogation of who is scum? Right now my main suspicions are you for flipping so quickly and NoNK for seemingly ordering you to do so.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

There were no clear signs that he was town, the speed in which the wagon gained momentum could be explained by mafia bussing him as well.

It is generally agreed that the speed and intensity of Peace's lynch were highly suspect. Bussing him is one thing, this obviously wasn't that. In this game you bus someone by just going along with the crowd, not by turning it into a big visible event.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#302 2019-10-20 14:27:49

Onjit
Website

Onjit wrote:

My question is this: What are we set to gain from a Diff lynch, over say a Jawp or Kira lynch? Both are also quite suspicious imo.

Repeating this question because it seems to have been ignored/missed

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#303 2019-10-20 14:29:00

Different55
Forum Admin

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Diff brought up about Norwegian was that they were being too aggressive, and disregarded Peace's claim as town and pushed on anyways

Mm, not quite. Wasn't about Peace's claim, Peace can claim whatever he wants, like Norboy tried to poorly point out:

Different55 wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Btw i'm a townie. Haha! I claimed it! Now there's no way i'm mafia!!

...This isn't helping. D1 is over now, even Kira claims he's going to be getting serious.

The wagon on Peace was obviously backed by maf. L-1 twice within 4 hours. That should have been *everyone's* giant neon sign that we were on the wrong track. But everyone pushed on, you notably claiming that you didn't care that Peace was probably a townie. Not because he said so, but because the maf was obviously pushing for that particular lynch.

It was more about the likeliness of scum pushing heavily for his lynch and Norboy outright saying he didn't care if peace was a VT.

- ShinsukeIto

#304 2019-10-20 14:37:15

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I’m asking you to drop names because i’m forcing people to take a stance. If anyone flips mafia then that information will be useful in finding out who’s the remaining scum teammates. More talking= more information for town.
Regarding my "quick 180" i put you as null. There’s nothing stopping me from scumreading my nullreads as soon as i get good reason to believe they are acting scummy.
Did you see how many woots NoNK’s post on Kira got? Why would he gain such overwhelming support unless scum was saying "Yeah! Kira is scummy! Go get him!" So now that i convinced NoNK to switch his vote to Diff then suddenly there is a lot more opposition, ergo: scum doesn’t approve. It feels like i’m on the right track with you, and i’ll probably fight to lynch you until either one of us dies.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#305 2019-10-20 14:42:49

Onjit
Website

votecount:

NorwegianboyEE - Different55, Kira, Onjit
Different55 - NorwegianboyEE, NoNK, Daneeko

about 31 hours left

#306 2019-10-20 14:44:19

Different55
Forum Admin

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Regarding my "quick 180" i put you as null.

That's a stretch.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Did you see how many woots NoNK’s post on Kira got?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ I wasn't a fan of going after Kira either, that's why I went after you. I wanted to wait and see how he got serious. Still kinda waiting but.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

So now that i convinced NoNK to switch his vote to Diff then suddenly there is a lot more opposition, ergo: scum doesn’t approve.

First legitimate point from you that's actually had me concerned. Not because you're right, but because someone might think you are. There's opposition because nobody, including you, suspects me. There is opposition because 3 votes came rushing at me within minutes of each other, and that's as suspicious as the events we had with peace yesterday.

Actually that'd be a kinda funny play. Scum all finding a generally agreeable guy, speedvoting him out of nowhere, then pointing at the unsurprising opposition as "look, we must be on the right track"

- ShinsukeIto

#307 2019-10-20 14:45:25

Onjit
Website

I've got classes tomorrow and am going to sleep right now, so I won't be making any substantial posts for like 20 hours or so, I'll be around to woot/vote/comment occasionally though

#308 2019-10-20 14:50:21

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Different55 wrote:

There's opposition because nobody, including you, suspects me.

Are you trying to play some sort of mind games now?

Different55 wrote:

There is opposition because 3 votes came rushing at me within minutes of each other

2 of those are in fact because i wanted to switch my vote and then i asked NoNK "Hey, do you want to vote Different55 with me?" And he agreed. So the only "fast" joiner would be Daneeko.

Different55 wrote:

Actually that'd be a kinda funny play. Scum all finding a generally agreeable guy, speedvoting him out of nowhere, then pointing at the unsurprising opposition as "look, we must be on the right track"

Yeah, that would be very funny. Because that's not what's happening at all.

#309 2019-10-20 14:59:16

NoNK

Onjit wrote:
Onjit wrote:

My question is this: What are we set to gain from a Diff lynch, over say a Jawp or Kira lynch? Both are also quite suspicious imo.

As much as I would love to lynch diff just because I've already put so much stock into that, I'm actually starting to think Kira might be a better lynch

Sure, diff isn't using perfect logic in all his posts (everybody does that all the time) but if you read him by tone, it feels like there's at least a degree of righteous indignation there that doesn't jump out as fake?

Sure I will admit I can't really put my finger on it but my main point is that when you look at Diff's ISO, and you look at Kira's ISO, the case on diff is that he's a fly on the wall spookily staying off wagons and not pushing any agenda except to get himself townread and uh... that doesn't really apply any more, does it. Because if norwegianboy flips town, an angry mob probably just kills him tomorrow, and if he's town then we end up in a stupid cycle where town just keeps killing yesterday's leader until we lose.

On the other hand the Kira case is that he's mafia who hops on the popular wagon for mediocre reasons and... he's still doing it. Read kira's iso D2, read diff's iso D2. Read norwegianboy for good measure. Which one of these people is most likely mafia?

Still kira, lol. Norwegian pointed out that my kira scumcase got a ton of woots, and my diff scumcase got like 2 woots, and in terms of votes, they had a comparable level of support (3 votes at peak). I don't think it's because diff is a stealthy mafia boi and his partners don't support it, I think it's because people townread him and are sus about norwegian bashing heads with him. On the other hand, there sure was a lot of support (and no actual action) in kira's direction, so I mean there's really a nonzero chance this entire conflict is TvT and kira is STILL being the fly on the wall I accused him of being earlier today.

!vote KIRA

Wooted by:

#310 2019-10-20 15:00:16

NoNK

Norboy if I could get your take on my post that would be great - yeah diff is going around saying things with questionable truth, maybe you are too, but that's what happens when you argue over semantics all day.

Do you think Kira is just in a position where he's sitting back and letting town implode on itself and we're all getting played Y/N

#311 2019-10-20 15:04:49

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

@NoNK
Kira hasn't said like anything relevant except unvote and then vote me again ever since you called him out, so i'd like to see his response to what you're saying right now.
But you could be right.

#312 2019-10-20 15:08:12

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

But my lynch priority right now is:
Different55> Kira > MrJawapa

#313 2019-10-20 15:18:36

NoNK

I get that you're 1v1ing diff right now but I just feel like kira has higher mafia equity then diff when you take a step back

#314 2019-10-20 15:21:54

NoNK

NoNK wrote:

I realize I'm probably just doing this for "I told you so" points and we are probably going to have to mislynch today in order to hit mafia but still like come on man, I call out what I see

!vote Different55

If kira gets momentum I'll go there but currently just trying to not lynch norwegian sigh

#315 2019-10-20 15:23:15

Different55
Forum Admin

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Are you trying to play some sort of mind games now?

Heck I mean I'm not saying you're a complete friggin' puppet but as we now all know, you never publicly suspected me in the slightest, consistently saying things along the lines of wanting to townread me, not scumread me, til NoNK came along and posted his reads. I respected those reads until you went and held my scumread up as total fact out of nowhere. You're even trying to retcon all that now.

Again, Like I've Said From the Beginning and in Which I Have Not Wavered or Tried to Misrepresent, I didn't even suspect you all that much initially. I thought you were playing too aggressively and were too dismissive of the thought of lynching a townie, and you didn't have any votes on you. Now we've got you pulling whiplash-inducing 180s and trying to retcon that after the fact to try and make it seem less sudden.

And what do you actually have on me? Literally nothing? Because when I've prompted you for what made me suspicious before you just said "lol learn to read." And when prompted by other people:

Onjit wrote:
Onjit wrote:

Twice now, it gets ignored. I don't know how you could be more suspicious.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Yeah, that would be very funny. Because that's not what's happening at all.

Ain't it? I mean that is pretty much exactly what's happened here. Even NoNK recognizes that.

- ShinsukeIto

#316 2019-10-20 15:23:57

Different55
Forum Admin

NoNK wrote:
NoNK wrote:

I realize I'm probably just doing this for "I told you so" points and we are probably going to have to mislynch today in order to hit mafia but still like come on man, I call out what I see

!vote Different55

If kira gets momentum I'll go there but currently just trying to not lynch norwegian sigh

in the face of everything, why are you so confident he's not scum?

- ShinsukeIto

#317 2019-10-20 15:35:33

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Just want to point out that Daneeko is still following Nonk.

Every vote Nonk has cast, Daneeko followed. Some of them were just a couple minutes later.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by: (2)

#318 2019-10-20 15:42:21

Kira

mrjawapa wrote:

Every vote Nonk has cast, Daneeko followed. Some of them were just a couple minutes later.

I'm really seeing a NONK / Norboy / Daneeko Mafia team right now, I'm ready to bet anything one of them AT LEAST is mafia.

#319 2019-10-20 15:55:06

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

I can get behind a Norboy or Kira wagon

I agree with the idea that Diff/Norboy could be TvT wasting everyone's time while Kira is the real scum that started this process and is now merely watching things burn
Also I don't like how Kira has been pretty much absent for this entire discussion and I feel odd about him eagerly agreeing with my post attacking Norboy (and partly misinterpreting it along the way), that seems like he tried to throw more gasoline into the fire

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#320 2019-10-20 15:55:43

Different55
Forum Admin

Kira wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

I'm really seeing a NONK / Norboy / Daneeko Mafia team right now, I'm ready to bet anything one of them AT LEAST is mafia.

It's super suspect but that seems way too easy. NoNK and Norboy seem way too competent to do that but then again at least in Norboy's case he should have been competent enough to not do like. Any of the things I'm currently scumreading him for.

Mildly concerned that you two are agreeing while also being pretty high up on the scum lists.

- ShinsukeIto

#321 2019-10-20 15:58:47

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

mrjawapa wrote:

It's odd
Not necessarily scum indicative for a new player
Since I'm town reading NoNK, I don't have much problem with it
But it still would be better if Daneeko had an opinion of his own
NoNK should take advantage of that and spot any possible connections between him and other players

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#322 2019-10-20 16:06:45

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

NoNK wrote:
NoNK wrote:

!vote Different55

Ok ok, i hear you.

/Vote Kira

#323 2019-10-20 16:09:00

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Diff, thank you for honorably partaking in my 1v1. Would you like to join us in voting Kira?

#324 2019-10-20 16:10:18

Different55
Forum Admin

@Task

Been mostly trying to avoid thinking about NoNK. On the one hand he seems to be puppeting Norboy, who had no issue with me at all, no matter what he claims now, until NoNK posted his reads. Norboy still has failed to find any actual issue with me.

That kinda puts NoNK in an odd position from my PoV. Seems like if Norboy is being puppeted by someone, and if I'm scumreading Norboy, then his puppetmaster must also be scum. But I don't get much of anything from NoNK. Only concern I have is that he's so seemingly confident that Norboy must be town despite all the suspicious moves he's made. To the point of putting his vote back on me just to "shield" Norboy, which really solidifies that there is *some* connection there for me. Before it could have just been oddly one-way but without some sort of justification, establishing the connection as two way is highly suspect.

- ShinsukeIto

#325 2019-10-20 16:10:57

Different55
Forum Admin

@Norboy I'm not confident y'all aren't backing down having bitten off more than you could chew. You have no answers for any of the questions sent your way.

- ShinsukeIto

TaskManager1572082667765837

Board footer