Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#251 2019-10-19 17:44:36

NoNK

Re: Mafia 33 [Friday Wins!]

hm, i thought there were 3 votes on kira. lack of votecounts is messing with my head.

!vote DIFFERENT55

#252 2019-10-19 17:45:41

NoNK

I realize I'm probably just doing this for "I told you so" points and we are probably going to have to mislynch today in order to hit mafia but still like come on man, I call out what I see

#253 2019-10-19 17:47:13

daneeko

Different55 wrote:

I largely agree with Onjit's reads.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

And yes i agree about Diff. In fact he hasn’t voted a single time yet. An way to avoid any negative attention maybe? That’s why i was hesistant to townlean him.
And i’ve got the same gripes with ShadowsEdge, but he seems to do it almost all games. He has this bad tendency of merely "commentating" on what’s going on, rather than finding actual scumreads and pushing them. Town can’t win if they don’t play somewhat aggressively and use their votes to pressure the mafia into scumtelling.

I was never a fan of the wagon yesterday and I'm not going to assist in creating another unmovable wagon so early in the day. But I agree, I should at least have my vote active out here.

Vote NorwegianboyEE

now youre going to vote? im sorry, but thats a certified yikes moment from me

!vote Different55
NoNK wrote:

I'm still keeping my vote on Kira since this game has majority lynches, and I don't think the momentum is there for a diff lynch today (plus lynching kira gives information about diff, potentially a 2 for 1 combo meal deal), but if a wagon starts building there I 100% intend to hop on.

how does lynching kira give info about diff? i'm probably missing something here, but i'd like to know

UzI5nBc.png

#254 2019-10-19 17:47:45

daneeko

edit: ninja'd by nonk and norweg

UzI5nBc.png

#255 2019-10-19 18:18:05

Kira

!Vote NorwegianBoy

I agree with TaskManager's post, Norwegianboy has a tendency to play aggressive, going for the peace lynch was a safe lynch, since he can always use that excuse "It's very obvious when Peace is mafia and when he isn't!"
I am not 100% convinced that Norwegianboy is mafia, however he really comes out as such.

This was Norwegianboy's answer when I voted him Day 1:

Norwegianboy wrote:

Kira don't be so simple-minded. While i did indeed raise suspicion on Peace, that doesn't implicate me as the villain here. The wagon on Peace grew very quickly and that did tipped me off that something might be up, but i still believed i my scumread on him so i kept it going regardless.
Killing Crybaby was a safe nightkill, he was trolling and didn't really add much. So his death gives us no information.
I'm thinking that the people who were encouraging are rather suspicious i'm going to have to look more into the voters and their reasoning for voting.

TLDR: Reconsider your vote, Peace is obvious mafia!

#256 2019-10-19 18:18:36

Kira

Day 2* my bad

#257 2019-10-19 18:32:03

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I’m liking the Diff wagon, Daneeko i’ve got a mild TR of. NoNK has seen through the obvious fake narrative that i would aggressively push Peace as scum and instead came to an indepedent and seemingly much more correct conclusion. If he isn’t town i’ll eat my shoe.
Meanwhile Diff’s attack on me feels fake AF and there’s also some things on his ISO that seems very questionable.

Suspect list:
Different55
Kira
MrJawapa

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#258 2019-10-19 18:32:34

daneeko

Kira wrote:
!Vote NorwegianBoy

I agree with TaskManager's post, Norwegianboy has a tendency to play aggressive, going for the peace lynch was a safe lynch, since he can always use that excuse "It's very obvious when Peace is mafia and when he isn't!"
I am not 100% convinced that Norwegianboy is mafia, however he really comes out as such.

This was Norwegianboy's answer when I voted him Day 2:

Norwegianboy wrote:

Kira don't be so simple-minded. While i did indeed raise suspicion on Peace, that doesn't implicate me as the villain here. The wagon on Peace grew very quickly and that did tipped me off that something might be up, but i still believed i my scumread on him so i kept it going regardless.
Killing Crybaby was a safe nightkill, he was trolling and didn't really add much. So his death gives us no information.
I'm thinking that the people who were encouraging are rather suspicious i'm going to have to look more into the voters and their reasoning for voting.

TLDR: Reconsider your vote, Peace is obvious mafia!

that post did lead me to suspect norwegianboy's aggressive strategy, however i'm personally going for the diff lynch today

if diff flips green, i'd look into norweg a bit more

if diff does flip red, then... i don't really know

UzI5nBc.png

#259 2019-10-19 18:33:10

daneeko

edit: ninja'd by norweg (again

UzI5nBc.png

#260 2019-10-19 19:32:30

NoNK

Diff55: Norboy, NoNK, Daneeko
Norwegian: Diff55, Kira

6 is majority

It felt like more people were voting but guess not. That's a sign that more people should probably be voting.

#261 2019-10-19 19:50:48

Different55
Forum Admin

Care to actually expand on what makes me suspicious or did one of my paranoid shots in the dark actually hit?

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#262 2019-10-19 20:01:19

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Different55 wrote:

Care to actually expand on what makes me suspicious

Did you even read NoNK's post in the latest page?

Different55 wrote:

did one of my paranoid shots in the dark actually hit?

Sadly, no.

#263 2019-10-19 20:02:55

Different55
Forum Admin

I find it just a bit suspicious how I went from being generally a town-leaning guy to someone high on 2 scum lists. Wonder if they're trying to do for me what they did for Peace yesterday. Plenty of people didn't vote yesterday, it only takes a simple majority to end the day and I was never convinced that peace was scum (rightfully) so I'm not sure why it's so shocking.

Daneeko wrote:

how does lynching kira give info about diff? i'm probably missing something here, but i'd like to know

Probably because I chose to vote for Norboy instead of the active wagon Kira, despite saying that I wasn't intert in contributing to another wagon that will be hard to get out of. Vote closer to the end of the day, don't lock us into something early by stuffing all our votes in one basket and making it impossible to be flexible.

- ShinsukeIto

#264 2019-10-19 20:06:14

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE - Different55, Kira
Different55 - NorwegianboyEE, NoNK, Daneeko

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#265 2019-10-19 20:08:44

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Different55 wrote:

I find it just a bit suspicious how I went from being generally a town-leaning guy to someone high on 2 scum lists.

I never really townread you to be fair, at best you were a null slightly townlean because i was lacking data.

Different55 wrote:

Vote closer to the end of the day,

No. Not voting until the end of the day just gives free space for scum to manipulate some wagon on a inactive town slot and nobody objects because there wouldn't be time to discuss anything.

#266 2019-10-19 20:17:35

NoNK

The fact that diff thinks he was townleaning is a grade B+ yikes

Wooted by:

#267 2019-10-19 20:18:42

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Different55 wrote:

I was never convinced that peace was scum (rightfully) so I'm not sure why it's so shocking.

You seem to be flaunting the fact that you didn't join the wagon on Peace. Mafia already knows who is scum and who isn't. Nothing is stopping scum players from not voting and then going "told you so!" at the end of it and blaming it on the town players that drove the wagon. What you're saying is not something that will prove your innocence.
It's very scummy how you were pretty much not there on day 1 for anything except shyly discrediting the Peace wagon, then you show up on day 2 and become much more active in harassing me because of my Day 1 activities.

#268 2019-10-19 20:25:23

NoNK

Coming up tonight on the Yikes report:

- Diff has more votes than norwegianboy despite the popular opinion seemingly tending towards norwegianboy
- The wagon leader is getting all the blame for the wagon and any potential mafia on the wagon are getting off scot free
- Somehow only one other person is seeing a problem with this

#269 2019-10-19 20:27:29

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

am confuse tbh

Would scum norboy do something controversial day 1
last time he did something controversial day 1, we lynched him right away and he flipped doctor (french revo)

I guess NoNK presented fair points here:

NoNK wrote:

1. wagon leaders are less likely to be mafia, mafia tend to jump on wagons, (obviously this isn't a 100%, obviously mafia can and do lead wagons but less so on day 1 where they're going to draw a lot of attention to themself)
2. While there likely was mafia on the wagon, attacking the townie who lead the wagon does not help to find the mafia(s) who hopped on the wagon, it actually distracts from that

(I don't quite agree with 3 and 4 though)

Kira wrote:

Norwegianboy has a tendency to play aggressive, going for the peace lynch was a safe lynch, since he can always use that excuse "It's very obvious when Peace is mafia and when he isn't!"

No that's not exactly what I was saying
Pushing Peace because it's obvious when he's mafia is not scum indicative.
I wouldn't say Norboy has the tendency to play aggressive either, he picked up on that strategy only in the recent game 31, when he was scum

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

No. Not voting until the end of the day just gives free space for scum to manipulate some wagon on a inactive town slot and nobody objects because there wouldn't be time to discuss anything.

On the other hand it gives us time to explore other options instead of settling down on whoever was picked first

@Norboy you never answered the questions in my last post.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#270 2019-10-19 20:40:31

Different55
Forum Admin

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

You seem to be flaunting the fact that you didn't join the wagon on Peace. Mafia already knows who is scum and who isn't. Nothing is stopping scum players from not voting and then going "told you so!" at the end of it and blaming it on the town players that drove the wagon. What you're saying is not something that will prove your innocence.

ye cause I am. Nobody stops maf from doing that, nothing stops town from finding someone else to lynch instead of just going along with the mafia for a lynch just because "ah well he could be scum and it's too much effort to change all our votes now"

- ShinsukeIto

#271 2019-10-19 20:40:48

Different55
Forum Admin

am flaunting the fact that I didn't join the wagon*

- ShinsukeIto

#272 2019-10-19 20:43:41

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Hidden text

Q1: Sometimes i re-read posts and find something new i want to/forgot to respond to. Why is this question relevant?
Q2: I play much more aggressively as town. It's not alignment indicative. In fact, playing passively is my scum M.O. It was only in universe mafia that i tried to emulate my town playstyle as scum. Shouldn't you be aware of that, as you were my former scum teammate in that game?
Q3: No, but mostly that. It was odd for Peace to so confidently boast about finding the scum team when we've barely posted. It reminded me of when i was scum with him in Railmat's game and he blamed townies for being scum when they had barely said or done anything. That's why i felt so confident about him being mafia in this game. Of course, in hindsight it turned out he was only being a derp in this game, but i still stand by what i did. He wasn't doing a real good job at proving himself, i tried to make him answer my digging questions but he gave me crappy answers.

#273 2019-10-19 20:48:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Q2 wasn't really a question but okay thanks

i8SwC8p.png

#274 2019-10-19 20:51:39

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Q1: Sometimes i re-read posts and find something new i want to/forgot to respond to. Why is this question relevant?

Because it was kind of odd that you accepted my response at first, but then decided that it's not good enough

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

It was only in universe mafia that i tried to emulate my town playstyle as scum. Shouldn't you be aware of that, as you were my former scum teammate in that game?

If I recall correctly, you didn't try to emulate your own town playstyle
You tried to emulate a playstyle of a strong aggressive townie steering the Town, in a way that was described in a mafiascum post that you linked me to in the mafia chat

i8SwC8p.png

#275 2019-10-19 20:59:09

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

TaskManager wrote:

Because it was kind of odd that you accepted my response at first, but then decided that it's not good enough

This is moving into a really dull topic and it's a bit annoying since i don't think my answers will help anyone with finding scum. But i'll explain it to you.

I read your post #236, only replied to the second part of it. Then half an hour later i re-read your post and found the first part of your post unsatisfactory so i decided to address that specific part of your post in a new reply.

TaskManager1572082667765837

Board footer