Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#201 2019-10-19 00:05:40

NoNK

Re: Mafia 33 [Friday Wins!]

2B is a mafia player who (as far as I know) has a tendency of being really cautious and self depreciating as town, and more blunt and to the point as mafia.

#202 2019-10-19 00:27:32

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Kira wrote:
vote NorwegianBoy

??????? why

NoNK wrote:

considering how he has not really responded much to the pressure on him

Yeah, since stacking votes on Daneeko didn't really yield any reaction from him, admittedly that's some townie points for him
but on the other hand, if you look at his iso, specifically the period when he was being pressured, his posts are basically meaningless and he deliberately ignores the discussion at hand
who's to say mafia won't have an attitude of "if i ignore them attacking me maybe they'll drop it soon"?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

MrJawapa is pinging me hard. He wooted Peace's post that explicitly refers to my comment as "sounds like it's coming from scum". He did it on a post that Peace made before Mutant announced Peace's town alignment. This
makes me believe that he actually knew Peace's flip beforehand and he wanted to shade me and make me look as bad as possible.

Iirc Jawapa said in one of his earlier games that he uses woots to bookmark which post he stopped at while reading through the thread
Also some of your points against him are lame
but I'll leave that to him to respond to

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#203 2019-10-19 00:54:59

ShadowsEdge

Alright I just realized that day started so now I'm gonna put in my thoughts.

I really don't know how I feel about Daneeko. Given the outcome of Peace's lynch, I want to reconsider my stance on him, in the case that it's similar to Peace, where he is innocent, but just does really suspicious stuff. But he's still pushing on with the same sentiment of rushing into wagons (See the Peace Wagon, reaction to Kira's vote of Norwegian, and vote on Kira), which makes me still hesitant to change my opinion on his read.

I have no idea what Kira is doing. When I read over the thread earlier, I was confused as to what all of the suspicions against Kira were (I read they were for similar reasons to Daneeko's but it didn't seem as prevalant to me). So I went back and isolated Kira's posts, and almost every single post has been a vote of some kind against another player. The reasoning for most of the votes have been for no reasoning, or for stupid reasonings.

Another thing I don't like are the two "Wagons," I suppose I'll call them. It's not even 6 hours into the first day, and there's already a vote on Norwegian, and two on Kira. I understand the sentiments against the both of them, but it's never a good idea to start wagons so early into the day.

I'm considering Kira's vote on Norwegian a "Wagon" because Daneeko showed a level of agreement to Kira's vote, while in the vote against Jawapa, it's only Norwegian in the charge at the moment.

On some level, I do agree with the claims against Jawapa. But, at the same time, the idea that his points and logic are flawed, giving room to the idea of him being scum, doesn't make sense to me, personally. Take last game for example, Jawapa was the Mason, but he claimed specific people as a given role, and others as another using the same kind of flawed logic that Norwegian is presenting. In general, I don't think the fact of his logic alone can give a good read on his position. Although, I don't disagree with the other points Norwegian brought up, like the absence of a vote on Peace, all of a sudden, and constant reinforcement of their suspicions of Daneeko and NoNK. But it's not really enough, in my opinion, to justify a wagon at the moment.

Anyway, there's my opinions. I agree with the same sentiments that Daneeko, Kira, and Jawapa are, on some level, suspicious in their own regards. But it's more of a slight suspicion against the three, rather than a strong read against any of them. Although, I won't be voting for any of them, yet, because I don't want to push for a wagon this early in the day, nor do I feel confident enough in lynching any of the three at the moment.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#204 2019-10-19 01:10:25

Kira

NoNK wrote:
Vote: Kira

Yeah, no. That's a scummy vote. You know better than that 100%. We're not going to play like a bunch of idiots where we keep suspecting townies for being wrong, and open up the door for a mafia to potentially bus his partners and steamroll the game.

1. Any townie could reasonably have expected peace to be mafia based on his actions. I know because certainly did. Being on the wagon in and of itself is not scummy, and leading it was not scummy either.
2. Despite the fact the wagon made sense, it can be reasonably expected that one or more mafia were involved in the whole thing just due to the speed.
3. Mafia have a tendency to hedge, so in addition to finding the scum on the wagon, I would be suspicious of anyone who discredited the peace wagon without actually pushing for a viable alternative.

Here's what I've got:

Peace: NoNK, Slabdrill, Daneeko, Kira, Onjit, TaskManager, NorwegianboyEE

Other: mrjawapa, ZeldaXD, ShadowsEdge, Different55 <---- The laws of hedging say there is probably 1 mafia in this pool, I think it's less likely to be mrjawapa just because he actually took a stance yesterday.

The reason I don't put daneeko in red is because his actions can be from a disoriented mafia, but they can also be explained from the perspective that he's a new player and he's just doing whatever the heck? Like both are plausible to me, perhaps the VT read moreso considering how he has not really responded much to the pressure on him, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was mafia in the push on him? Lynch the new guy is easy money for scum. But I'm just making that up, I would actually need to go back and read to see if that's likely.

All of this is just off the top of my head.

If I can find some more spare time, I ought to go over the ISO's of everyone in white.

Simple minded, but makes sense. I've honestly not played this mafia seriously as everyone typically trolls on DAY 1 (Like seriously, look at all the posts and tell me everyone is giving their best). You really think a scum would be that careless? Think twice.
This is a very Townie post and I'm going to trust you from now on. I'm being very cautious of everyone, as a lot of people here showed flexibility in the previous games, and quick adaptation on whatever side they're on.

#205 2019-10-19 01:10:53

Kira

Unvote

I'll start playing this serious as things got spicy

#206 2019-10-19 01:22:37

NoNK

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Another thing I don't like are the two "Wagons," I suppose I'll call them. It's not even 6 hours into the first day, and there's already a vote on Norwegian, and two on Kira. I understand the sentiments against the both of them, but it's never a good idea to start wagons so early into the day.

Yo let me just cut on real quick and say that this is MEGA false and wagons give town information peace out ok

#207 2019-10-19 01:25:40

ShadowsEdge

NoNK wrote:

Yo let me just cut on real quick and say that this is MEGA false and wagons give town information peace out ok

Well yeah, that's a given. I'm not against wagons, just not wagons starting so early in the day, nor wagons where people are just blindly following the consensus (Mainly being Daneeko, but the point still stands).

~BeepnBoop

#208 2019-10-19 03:29:43

Onjit
Website

I get sick of trying to hunt down people's posts to be able to iso them so here's a list of Quick Iso Links:

Norboy
Jawp
Zelda
Kira
Onjit
Task
Daneeko
Shadow
Slab
Diff
NoNK

Peace and Crybaby are dead, but I figured it'd be useful to be able to idolate their posts easily anyway
Peace
Crybaby

Now that I've done that, I'll actually go and read the iso's and let you know what I think in a bit

(btw @norboy: I like to read the thread on mobile, and show what posts I agree with by wooting, but writing long posts on mobile is **** - especially when it involves referencing many posts)

:.|:;

#209 2019-10-19 04:08:28

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

I'll respond shortly.

Regardless of how the game plays out, onjit is the mvp for his iso list.

Discord: jawp#5123

#210 2019-10-19 04:08:47

Different55
Forum Admin

Tempted to join the Kira bandwagon, I feel like there was plenty to get serious about yesterday but I'll hold off for the moment.

People who put Peace at L-1 yesterday:

Daneeko (norboy backed off)
Kira (4 hours later, onjit backed off)
TaskManager (much later, hammered by norboy)

Wow felt like there were more, thought I'd have a whole list going there.

I don't feel comfortable leaning town on norboy or onjit just because of this. It's interesting that Daneeko and Kira also happen to be the people most are suspecting.

D1 trolling would be a good excuse to "accidentally" quickhammer Peace. I would be okay with voting Kira today.

I think maybe Norboy too. How many people actually went back for themselves to see how Peace acted in multiple past games and how many just took Norboy at his word, which really fueled yesterday's wagon? Anyone even click the link he supplied to a past Peacemaf game and look around for a few seconds? That said maybe he was just wrong, people do that sometimes. Being human would be a good excuse for scum to use to knowingly throw town off, too. Man I'm paranoid this game.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#211 2019-10-19 04:09:41

Onjit
Website

Dude I don't know why we've never done this earlier haha

Wooted by:

#212 2019-10-19 04:10:20

Onjit
Website

(Ninja'd)

#213 2019-10-19 04:13:08

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Onjit wrote:

Dude I don't know why we've never done this earlier haha

I've thought about doing it several times, but wasn't sure how people would take it.

#214 2019-10-19 05:31:53

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

He wooted Peace's post that explicitly refers to my comment as "sounds like it's coming from scum". He did it on a post that Peace made before Mutant announced Peace's town alignment. This
makes me believe that he actually knew Peace's flip beforehand and he wanted to shade me and make me look as bad as possible.

Um... no. I wooted his post because I agreed with him. You said, "If you're just a VT then i'm fine with your lynch, since your behavior has been very suspicious." That's a scummy thing to say. It was like you accepted his claim as a townie, but didn't care, and decided to kill him anyway.

How does agreeing with that show I knew Peace's role prior to the reveal; and how am I trying to make you look bad?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Ridiculous logic.

How so? Mafia members tend to follow each other, and weak mafia players make it obvious. His flip-flop looks super scummy. Are you gonna try and convince me it's not?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

What's Jawapa's logic for this chain of BS?

I explained why Nonk and Daneeko appeared to be a scum team. I suggested lynching Onjit D3, because Nonk gave him a town read for seemingly no reason. Mafia members tend to give their teammates null or town reads.

Again, I'm not sure why that's "BS".

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

The fact that you don't understand why your scumposting was perceived as a joke by NoNK should really be concerning you.

Perceived as a joke? That wasn't made clear if it's true.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Again he is trying to make someone look bad because Daneeko is actually trying to solve the game.

I may not have even cared about him switching his vote, but his previous actions make it stand out more.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

^Fixed it for you.

The thing is, joke votes are pretty obvious, and never gain traction. Peace's wagon didn't stem from a joke vote, nor was it a policy lynch. He did something scummy, and you and task followed up on it. I wasn't convinced he was scummy, so much as he's just terrible at playing mafia.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

He knows this not because of the rapid vote accumulation and lack of mafia opposition in lynching Peace, but because it has been "close a couple of times". He is trying to shade late voters in the wagon.

Yes... because the mafia likes to hammer... Is this your first time playing mafia?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lightly encouraging the wagon while at the same time trying to stay on the "right" side of it.

See above

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Points noted, if you are scum then Daneeko and NoNK are town.

And when I flip town?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I'm not voting Daneeko at all cost, until i know what your alignment is Jawapa.

Then lynch me.

TaskManager wrote:

Iirc Jawapa said in one of his earlier games that he uses woots to bookmark which post he stopped at while reading through the thread

Yes, sometimes. But this time, I agreed with the post, so I wooted.

ShadowsEdge wrote:

Jawapa was the Mason, but he claimed specific people as a given role

Sometimes I throw out random names and see what response it receives. You can see who quickly jumps on board, who tries to defend themselves/other people. It can sometimes reveal connections between people. Other times, I'm just going down a rabbit hole, because I'm really bad at this game.

#215 2019-10-19 05:56:59

Onjit
Website

My reads so far, roughly ordered town to scum:

Diff: Town. I like his reasoning about the Peace wagon.

NoNK: Town. Seems to be actively trying to solve the game without prior information. Also uses pretty colours in his posts //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/cool

Slab: Null-Townleaning. Has made four posts, but two of them are decent imo. More info needed.

Task: More ****, but seems relatively ignorant  - a good sign for town :^) This is a good post from him.

Shadow: He's paying attention and is making quality posts as usual, but in my opinion seems to be parroting other people's reads a fair bit. Not necessarily scum indicative, but something to look into. Could be wrong.

Zelda: Has one post of substance. Seemed to be parroting other people's reads at the time. More info needed.

Daneeko: I'm inclined to believe that he is a nub, and neutral-scumleaning. Constant flipflopping between whoever writes the longest paragraphs seems like something that a newbie would do to fit in. This is not necessarily a scum tendency if he's new, but I'd like to seem him construct a thought of his own.

Norboy: Seems to be playing almost comically aggressively with the vote on peace, while also flipping back and forth a fair bit early on (jokes are jokes of course, but this sudden vote on Shadow stood out to me as odd). While I could see Norboy getting caught in a line of thinking about Peace (which isn't unjustified - Peace was acting real weird), I also know that this kind of aggressive pushing isn't beyond him (see: M.31). His thoughts on Jawapa are again quite aggressive, but I feel that they are justified for now.

Kira: **** out the wazoo. More scumleaning due to this hasty vote, but I can't say for certain until he gets over his D1 jitters.

Jawp: Bizarre. Baits Daneeko into blindly following his ****, and then when called out, backpedals with some "linguine logic" that seems to try to set himself up for failure. I think this is a) Jawp actually thinking that he's already out and he needs to post a "will" of sorts, b)Jawp trying to turn the discussion in a different direction towards Daneeko (which sort of worked) - which wouldn't make a lot of sense to be pushing for a new wagon if he knew (by being mafia) that Peace was town? or c) Jawp is just bad and I've been giving him too much credit all this time :^)

Onjit: Dude we should just get rid of this guy already. Like he's reading posts and making analyses and **** but it's all a front I tells ya, he's been playing us from the start! Don't believe his lies. Wake up.

I'd be willing to go for a lynch on Jawp, Norboy or Kira. Not sure on my preferred order yet, but I think at least one of those three is scum.

Feel free to ask me to clarify any of these posts, but for now I'm going to actually get some work done.

Wooted by:

#216 2019-10-19 06:51:14

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Onjit wrote:

Baits Daneeko into blindly following his ****,

I didn't bait anyone to follow me. I don't know why he decided to follow me. It really doesnt make any sense for him to. I'm counting it as a slip.

Onjit wrote:

Jawp actually thinking that he's already out and he needs to post a "will" of sorts

Nope. Just following what I think are scum slips.

Onjit wrote:

b)Jawp trying to turn the discussion in a different direction towards Daneeko

Ehhh sort of, but not really intentionally. I called daneeko out early, and wasn't sold on peace, so I didn't switch.

Onjit wrote:

Jawp is just bad and I've been giving him too much credit all this time :^)

Well. Yes. It's easy to look like a good player against... well peace.

#217 2019-10-19 06:55:51

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

@norboy, I just went back and read some earlier posts. You're suspecting me, for suspecting daneeko... when you did too. You said you were tempted to vote for him, but felt more confident in a vote for peace. Then later voted for daneeko as a "counter wagon".

For those suspicious of me for holding out on the peace wagon, take a look at diff too.

#218 2019-10-19 07:02:25

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

@Jawp
My biggest gripes was that your D1 reasoning for suspecting Daneeko and NoNK is bad. Not specifically the fact that you scumread them.

β˜…              β˜†        β˜…        β˜†         β˜…
   β˜†    β˜…                     β˜…

#219 2019-10-19 07:05:42

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

And yes i agree about Diff. In fact he hasn’t voted a single time yet. An way to avoid any negative attention maybe? That’s why i was hesistant to townlean him.
And i’ve got the same gripes with ShadowsEdge, but he seems to do it almost all games. He has this bad tendency of merely "commentating" on what’s going on, rather than finding actual scumreads and pushing them. Town can’t win if they don’t play somewhat aggressively and use their votes to pressure the mafia into scumtelling.

Wooted by:

#220 2019-10-19 08:06:52

ShadowsEdge

Alright so I'm gonna be going to sleep here soon, I have a band competition tomorrow so I won't be as active (again) tomorrow.

Onjit wrote:

He's paying attention and is making quality posts as usual, but in my opinion seems to be parroting other people's reads a fair bit. Not necessarily scum indicative, but something to look into. Could be wrong.

While I do take the same suspicions that others follow, it's mainly because I haven't been able to dedicate as much time as I would have liked into this game as other games, so I look into the suspicions that others have and put my opinions into them (Hence why most of my posts say that I'm saying my opinions). I'm still trying to help how I can, but I get where the idea is coming from.

Onjit wrote:

but this sudden vote on Shadow stood out to me as odd

I assume it's an RVS vote. Norwegian placed one on me last game, as well. He said it was mainly to see reactions and what not. Specifically this time I didn't respond because Norwegian didn't really provide any basis for me to respond to it with. (Last game, referred to my play on TFR, while this game just placed the vote in a singular message and that was the extent).

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

And i’ve got the same gripes with ShadowsEdge, but he seems to do it almost all games. He has this bad tendency of merely "commentating" on what’s going on, rather than finding actual scumreads and pushing them. Town can’t win if they don’t play somewhat aggressively and use their votes to pressure the mafia into scumtelling.

I get where that's coming from, but it's mainly on the account of myself not wanting to commit into something so early on. That's mostly where the idea of all of my calls for discussion time and stuff comes from, as well. I do try to find scum, and push it if I have viable evidence. But a passive approach is mainly just my playstyle, because it's what works the best for me personally. I place votes when I feel the need to, otherwise I'm just feeding into a wagon, which contradicts the ideals I hold, mainly being the discussion time. It is something I am aware that I do, but it's just how I play.

As for what Jawapa has mentioned, and the accusations against Jawapa as a whole, I'll likely respond to in the morning (If I have the time to), because Im gonna be heading to sleep now, and would rather not try to wrap my head around analyzing the whole situation while I'm tired.

Anyway, I'll be going to sleep now, and I'll try to respond in the morning.

~BeepnBoop

#221 2019-10-19 08:17:25

daneeko

Kira wrote:
NoNK wrote:
Vote: Kira

Yeah, no. That's a scummy vote. You know better than that 100%. We're not going to play like a bunch of idiots where we keep suspecting townies for being wrong, and open up the door for a mafia to potentially bus his partners and steamroll the game.

1. Any townie could reasonably have expected peace to be mafia based on his actions. I know because certainly did. Being on the wagon in and of itself is not scummy, and leading it was not scummy either.
2. Despite the fact the wagon made sense, it can be reasonably expected that one or more mafia were involved in the whole thing just due to the speed.
3. Mafia have a tendency to hedge, so in addition to finding the scum on the wagon, I would be suspicious of anyone who discredited the peace wagon without actually pushing for a viable alternative.

Here's what I've got:

Peace: NoNK, Slabdrill, Daneeko, Kira, Onjit, TaskManager, NorwegianboyEE

Other: mrjawapa, ZeldaXD, ShadowsEdge, Different55 <---- The laws of hedging say there is probably 1 mafia in this pool, I think it's less likely to be mrjawapa just because he actually took a stance yesterday.

The reason I don't put daneeko in red is because his actions can be from a disoriented mafia, but they can also be explained from the perspective that he's a new player and he's just doing whatever the heck? Like both are plausible to me, perhaps the VT read moreso considering how he has not really responded much to the pressure on him, and I wouldn't be surprised if there was mafia in the push on him? Lynch the new guy is easy money for scum. But I'm just making that up, I would actually need to go back and read to see if that's likely.

All of this is just off the top of my head.

If I can find some more spare time, I ought to go over the ISO's of everyone in white.

Simple minded, but makes sense. I've honestly not played this mafia seriously as everyone typically trolls on DAY 1 (Like seriously, look at all the posts and tell me everyone is giving their best). You really think a scum would be that careless? Think twice.
This is a very Townie post and I'm going to trust you from now on. I'm being very cautious of everyone, as a lot of people here showed flexibility in the previous games, and quick adaptation on whatever side they're on.

hmmmm

yeah that's fair

!unvote Kira

UzI5nBc.png

#222 2019-10-19 08:38:55

daneeko

though kira, you still havent explained why you voted norweg in the first place

UzI5nBc.png

#223 2019-10-19 08:56:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Was that all it took to convince you Daneeko?

#224 2019-10-19 10:22:17

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

@ShadowsEdge
When you get time i would REALLY like you to be more active in questioning suspects. Because if you're just going to commentate on what people are doing and leave it at that, you're acting exactly like you did when you just cruised to the scum team victory in French Revolution mafia. I was being dishonest when i brought up these points in universe mafia because i was scum and looked for an excuse to eliminate you, but there was a certain core of truth in what i said which is really fueling my paranoia right now. I know you're highly capable of maintaining an image of innocence as a scum player.

@Onjit

Onjit wrote:

Norboy: Seems to be playing almost comically aggressively with the vote on peace, while also flipping back and forth a fair bit early on (jokes are jokes of course, but this sudden vote on Shadow stood out to me as odd). While I could see Norboy getting caught in a line of thinking about Peace (which isn't unjustified - Peace was acting real weird), I also know that this kind of aggressive pushing isn't beyond him (see: M.31). His thoughts on Jawapa are again quite aggressive, but I feel that they are justified for now.

I have an naturally aggressive playstyle as a town which i tried to copy in M.31 but it didn't go very well since Mutant completely saw through me. I can't really say for sure what gave it away, but i think it was the fact that i was too aggressive. The vote on Shadow was intended as a joke, cus i wanted to see if it would make him break down again. ^^
I'm not sure what to make of Jawapa's responses yet, i'm glad he's seemingly taking the game more seriously by explaining his actions. But scum could do that as well. I'll need to re-read his replies again.

#225 2019-10-19 10:37:37

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Daneeko wrote:

hmmmm

yeah that's fair

!unvote Kira

Actually i don’t want this wagon to die down just yet.

/Vote Kira

TaskManager1572082667765837

Board footer