Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-03 16:57:14, last edited by Norwee (2019-10-03 19:03:07)

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mafia setup idea (Rebellion)

I'm envisioning a setup which i'm calling "Rebellion"
(There might exist something similar to this, but this was an idea i thought up myself just now)

Roles are the following:

The President
Patriot
Loyal Citizen
Rebel sympathizer
Rebel
Rebellion leader

At the beginning of the game the following roles will be assigned:
1: President
1: Patriot
1: Rebel sympathizer
1: Rebellion leader
Remaining players (Approximately 9, though less or more can be in play): Loyal Citizen

The president is declared at the start of the game, his goal is to remain in power and kill the rebellion leader before he converts his loyal citizens into rebels and topples him. The loyal citizens and patriot are on the sides of the president and they win if the rebellion leader is killed. The president cannot be lynched.

The goal of the rebellion leader is to kill the president and take control of the country. The rebellion leader may each night choose to convert one loyal citizen into a rebel. The rebels have their own PT and will know who the rebellion leader is. When the rebels are equal in number or outnumber the amount of loyal citizens, there will automatically be instigated a coup to topple the president.
Once the coup starts, the rebels are declared by name publicly. (The rebellion leader will be mentioned as a rebel, but not that he is the rebellion leader) The president will then be given the chance to kill one of the rebels that participate in the coup against him, if he kills the rebellion leader the coup will fail and all the rebels are executed. If the president kills a normal rebel then the coup will succeed and the president as well as all of his loyal subjects are executed.

The loyal citizens are on the side of the president as long as they remain unconverted and will win if the rebellion leader is lynched. If a loyal citizen is converted into a rebel his win condition will change overnight and he must co-operate with the other rebels to kill the president and make the rebellion leader the new leader of the country.

The patriot is always on the side of the president and any attempts to convert him will fail.

The rebel sympathizer is a citizen that secretly wants the rebels to win, though he may not have any contact with the rebel group unless he is recruited. His win condition is the same as a normal rebel. If the game ends in the rebel's defeat he will lose the game as well. He will not participate in the coup and his slot is counted as a loyal citizen slot unless recruited.

Days last for 72 hours, nights last for 24 hours. The president is allowed to vote, his vote will be worth 1.5 that of the regular vote. So if the vote pool looks like this:

[3] Mary: Loyal citizen, Loyal citizen, Loyal citizen.
[3.5] John: Loyal citizen, Loyal citizen, The president.

John will be lynched instead of Mary.

The amount of players should be about 13.

Note: If any player is killed during the game, they will still win the game as long as their "side" wins in the end. For example: If a rebel dies, yet the rebellion is successfull, that will still count as a victory for him. Same goes with loyal citizens winning as long as the rebellion is destroyed.

Please tell me what you think about the idea and whether or not there are flaws in this setup.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2019-10-03 18:32:07

peace

Re: Mafia setup idea (Rebellion)

so there is no night kill and president can only be killed if rbels outrule the amoutn of citizens okay but do we knwo who is he president at start of game? if no then it will be very obvious hwo is th epresident nin game unless his 0.5 lynch point is inviisible until the end of the day
what happans to the rebellion leader if he tries to convert presidet/patriot?
what is the power of the rebels? just use thier voice in the PT?

if i can, !join after zelda's game finished

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2019-10-03 18:43:20

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

so there is no night kill and president can only be killed if rbels outrule the amoutn of citizens okay but do we knwo who is he president at start of game? if no then it will be very obvious hwo is th epresident nin game unless his 0.5 lynch point is inviisible until the end of the day

In this setup the president would be declared immediately. So everyone will know the identity of the president as the game begins.

what happans to the rebellion leader if he tries to convert presidet/patriot?

Trying to convert the patriot will result in a fail since the patriot will not change his allegiance no matter what. He will not be alerted if the rebels try to convert him.
The president cannot be converted or lynched. Only toppled by a coup.

what is the power of the rebels? just use thier voice in the PT?

Yes. They can communicate with each other and try to protect the rebellion leader from being lynched.

if i can, !join after zelda's game finished

I'm not sure if i'm going to host this right now. I'm just publicizing my idea to get some feedback to see if people think the setup is good. But if a lot of people like it i wouldn't mind hosting it at some point.

#4 2019-10-03 18:57:15

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Added a new role.

#5 2019-10-04 00:07:55, last edited by NoNK (2019-10-04 00:14:16)

NoNK

Looks like a cult game with extra steps. Here's your setup minus all the extra words as I understand it.

1 Unrecruitable Innocent Child
1 Unrecruitable Townie
9 Vanilla Townie
1 Modified Cult Traitor
1 Cult Leader

Cult traitor counts as a townie for parity calculations.
When cult achieves parity with town, the IC gets to kill a cultist. If he hits the cult leader town wins.
Town win condition: Kill the cult leader
Cult win condition: Achieve parity (not counting the traitor), and have the cult leader survive the final vengekill.

Without going into the question of if it's balanced or not, it's not fun for town. The win condition being "kill the cult leader" just isn't that fun in practice, because you're hunting for one guy instead of trying to wipe out a group of fixed size, and it often turns into a crapshoot with too little time to react before the cult gets too big and endgames town.

#6 2019-10-04 00:09:33

NoNK

Typically what you need to do to make a cult game fun is one of two things:

1. Limit the size of the cult, a la "Max cult size is 4, including dead cultists" and make it so they don't need the leader to recruit.

2. Give town some proportional measure of power to balance a cult that grows so fast. For instance, a double day mechanic where town gets two day phases before one night.

#7 2019-10-04 07:33:09

peace

maby town coudl get an undultable PR that can recruti any rebel back to to-.. nvm

peace.png

#8 2019-10-04 11:46:31

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I like your deconstruction NoNK, but i'm not sure i see what improvements those changes you suggest will bring. The changes seem too radical and i'm also not sure why you claim the setup is "not fun" do you have any specific examples of a game like this being run in practice and what problems or "unfun" mood it brings?

#9 2019-10-04 15:31:48

peace

noweg maby add an doctor thing for town (which can be culted aswell as (he can protect himself) alos what happens if we lynch a rebel? just notthing is lost or?

peace.png

#10 2019-10-06 22:33:02

NoNK

Yeah, it's not fun correctly lynching scum day after day and then losing because you didn't get the cult leader and you're not in 3-way. Does that make any sense?

NoNK1570397582763756

Board footer