Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-10-02 15:08:54

Anatoly

I believe OPs should be able to set the baseline of their topic.

As you recently saw in my topic, people are simply not reading/ don't want to read the first post.

I clearly mentioned

Anatoly wrote:

Absolute seriousness, no sarcasm.

which people don't seem to follow at all, plus a joke version of the topic has been created. I need to mention that tomahawk has commented on the forums' moderation - he locks the topic: When will he delete not needed and dumb posts? I'll clarify:

Brexit is wrong and legitimacy of Israel should be reconsidered.

This post brings nothing to the discussion. 'Brexit is wrong' is a statement, where's the rest of the argumentation? Probably taskmanager told it behind the scenes.

wyoming doesn't exist and boris johnson is like adolf hitler

'Boris Johnson is like Adolf hitler'

Now, can I enter Nordic.. TOMAHAWK WHERE THE FREAKING **** OF THE HELL ARE YOU???

No, seriously, this topic have been moderated with dumb mod merges and nothing useful.

Tomahawk, I don't want to insult you in any way, but you really should be taking a look at the reports (hint: they're at /moderate.php? or probably /mod.php?).

@TaskManager: How dare you?

Wooted by:

#2 2019-10-02 15:12:05

Anatoly

Re: I believe OPs should be able to set the baseline of their topic.

Oh.. and I'm sure tomahawk is the only to respond to locked topics, so...

#3 2019-10-02 21:39:10

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Anatoly wrote:

I believe OPs should be able to set the baseline of their topic.

Interesting proposal. I'll consider it.

Anatoly wrote:

When will he delete not needed and dumb posts?

Mods don't delete posts unless it's something like a raid. Rarely, a portion of a thread might get split off into Landfill, but that's typically for serious (i.e. drama) threads and/or organised spamming.

Anatoly wrote:

Absolute seriousness, no sarcasm.

You should've known better. No forum user can write that without it baiting people into funposting.

In the case of your thread, I didn't take any action because;

• The funposts were still vaguely related to the topic, and had some comedic value;

• The thread was in Off-Topic, which is slightly more relaxed about spam;

• This forum doesn't really do irl politics, so forcing people to stay absolutely on-topic just kills any discussion.

Anatoly wrote:

but you really should be taking a look at the reports

I've said that I read every report.

Perhaps Diff should add a feature allowing mods to reply to reports and explain why no action was taken. It might allow for more transparent moderation, and help teach users what the rules really mean.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#4 2019-10-03 07:35:55

peace

tomahawk wrote:

Perhaps Diff should add a feature allowing mods to reply to reports and explain why no action was taken. It might allow for more transparent moderation, and help teach users what the rules really mean.

yes an checkbox wiht pm me if the report is seen and a checkbox pm me wiht an answer if you have any on why you take X action (auto checks optioon 1 aswell) so users cna kno what action is taken or mods can replay to the report it self and when a few days later i want to report an already reported post (and handled) and i click report i see what the mod did and i know ok well it doesnt really break th erules thne i guess or no wait but you forgot to look at this....

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#5 2019-10-03 16:32:28

Snowester

Or............ Use common sense and know why the report didn't work... For example reporting Anatoly for double post doesn't work because apparently there was a minute difference. Yes you can see where this is going

#6 2019-10-03 17:30:44

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Merged Peace's thread.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#7 2019-10-03 17:30:48

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

I'm gonna unlock this.

Please do not lock topics to:

1. Have a readonly discussion with a moderator;

2. Stop users from replying with criticism.

In the first case, have the discussion in a PM and then transfer it to a public thread if desired, ideally with the acknowledgement of the mod.

In the second case, criticism that amounts to harassment or flaming will be moderated accordingly. Preventing discussion to avoid criticism is not a justifiable reason for insta-locking.

This thread falls into the second case. If subsequent posters cannot Be nice., they should stay quiet.

#8 2019-10-03 17:37:40

XxAtillaxX

can someone translate OP's post to English?

signature.png
*u stinky*

#9 2019-10-03 17:40:24

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

^ See thread title, in the context of my comments on spam moderation.

#10 2019-10-03 18:18:56

peace

tomahawk why merge my post?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#11 2019-10-03 20:21:30

bunglybongle

>boomers created a hole in the ozone layer which has healed
>millenials have created a big pile of plastic in the ocean which cannot heal
greta thumbberg: "BOOMERS HAVE CAUSED THE END OF THE WORLD. I AM THE ONLY CHILD WHO MATTERS."

#12 2019-10-03 23:18:07

NoNK

Tomahawk wrote:

We need to maintain a reasonably consistent average thread quality or the forums turn into a ****.

You're forgetting a critical point though. Threads aren't everything. We also need to maintain a reasonably average POST quality, or the forums turn into a ****.

If someone keeps replying to threads with low effort replies that don't generate conversation, it's not breaking any rules, but it turns the forum into a ****.

Wooted by:

#13 2019-10-04 14:09:21

Anatoly

Anatoly wrote:

As you recently saw in my topic, people are simply not reading [...] the first post.

Tomahawk wrote:

^ See thread title, in the context of my comments on spam moderation.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

can someone translate OP's post to English?

Atilla, you look like a rational well-minded person. How does it come that you're the only one who doesn't understand?

#14 2019-10-04 17:11:31, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-10-04 20:37:33)

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

NoNK wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

We need to maintain a reasonably consistent average thread quality or the forums turn into a ****.

You're forgetting a critical point though. Threads aren't everything. We also need to maintain a reasonably average POST quality, or the forums turn into a ****.

If someone keeps replying to threads with low effort replies that don't generate conversation, it's not breaking any rules, but it turns the forum into a ****.

Half of you would be on 12 points if we shifted back to Hummerz-style moderation. I can’t justify that There’s no need to do that because forum activity isn’t high enough.

Wooted by: (2)

#15 2019-10-04 19:50:52

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Tomahawk wrote:
NoNK wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Half of you would be on 12 points if we shifted back to Hummerz-style moderation. I can’t justify that because forum activity isn’t high enough.

Hummerz's moderation wasn't absurdly biased however and he did a better job overall

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (3)

#16 2019-10-06 11:31:04

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
NoNK wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

Half of you would be on 12 points if we shifted back to Hummerz-style moderation. I can’t justify that because forum activity isn’t high enough.

Hummerz's moderation wasn't absurdly biased however and he did a better job overall

I agree here: Back when hummers moderated, even if many were banned, we had a higher serious-ity for the baseline and the quality was much more averagely. I believe we should return to hummers moderation, otherwise the forum will turn into an even more toxic, inactive, quality-less place.

#RemodHummerz

#17 2019-10-06 13:25:15

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Anatoly wrote:
TaskManager wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
NoNK wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:

I agree here: Back when hummers moderated, even if many were banned, we had a higher serious-ity for the baseline and the quality was much more averagely. I believe we should return to hummers moderation, otherwise the forum will turn into an even more toxic, inactive, quality-less place.

#RemodHummerz

Paint me surprised.

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#18 2019-10-06 13:52:26

Kira

No one cares honestly

you can lock this topic as well

Wooted by:

#19 2019-10-06 14:02:06

Anatoly

Kira wrote:

Tomahawk wrote:

Please do not lock topics

Tomahawk wrote:

If subsequent posters cannot Be nice., they should stay quiet.

tl;dr @Kira you need to bully me than I'm all righted to lock the topic.

#20 2019-10-06 17:15:49, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-10-06 18:16:07)

Kira

Anatoly wrote:
Kira wrote:

Tomahawk wrote:

Please do not lock topics

Tomahawk wrote:

If subsequent posters cannot Be nice., they should stay quiet.

tl;dr @Kira you need to bully me than I'm all righted to lock the topic.

tldr <snip - rude>

no one is bullying you

#21 2019-10-06 18:13:13

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Don’t be silly lol. Nobody is bullying you. YOU GOT THAT?
DO YOU WANT ME TO BEAT YOU UP NERD?
NOBODY IS BULLYING YOU!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

rat

#22 2019-10-06 18:17:36

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Stay on topic.

The topic, if you're interested, is about forum moderation.

Wooted by:

#23 2019-10-08 02:19:52

Kanta Parana
Banned
Website

sxrrealism wrote:

>boomers created a hole in the ozone layer which has healed
>millenials have created a big pile of plastic in the ocean which cannot heal
greta thumbberg: "BOOMERS HAVE CAUSED THE END OF THE WORLD. I AM THE ONLY CHILD WHO MATTERS."

Chile, how can you designate "boomers" and "millenials" as the sole cause for plastic in the ocean and a "hole in the ozone layer which has healed". That's not how it works, people don't suddenly throw plastic in the ocean when they're 20 to 45 years old and then make a hole in the ozone layer from 60 to 80 years old. Do you even know what "a hole in the ozone layer" means? I bet you don't, you sputtermouthed fool. Here's a test, if you live in the US, take a BREATH. Feel how dry and light it is? That's because most the trees here were cut down to make room for farmland and oil fracking and cities-- in addition, the air is polluted by methane gas, carbon monoxide gas, nasty **** gas in general- there's no damn oxygen. You're a damn oxygen deprived joker, my abandoned chile! Yes, ideally it wouldn't be some white girl from sweden who's broadcasted all over the media- the people that SHOULD be broadcasted are the indigenous people who are fighting corporations illegally trying to destroy the amazon rainforest, indigenous people fighting pipelines and continued attempts at genocide in the US, the native americans who have been fighting this system of genocide, oppression, and replacement of the original interconnectedness and pure life energy that was once here with abomination, clog, and general unhealthiness FAR longer than "boomers" have even been alive. These processes have been ongoing for the last 500 years (colonization), and sped up around 150 years ago with the oncoming of the industrial revolution, it's no wonder they decided to murder all the buffalo suddenly 150 years ago, it was the horrid debut of the modern world, and they needed a big splash of blood to open up the curtains and start this hellshow. Now, chile... Close your eyes, stop eating information with them (the garbage lies you consume on the internet are disguised as "humor," thats how they trick the youth, they can't see past that), and just sit still and feel the pain of the earth with your goddamn heart if it hasn't already shrivelled up and been replaced by a cold contraction of the throat you call "laughter". Stop playing alive and realize you are a dead carcass, LONG dead and cast away, chile, and maybe you can rebuild yourself and come back to life one day, come back from that great ocean you've seem to find yourself stranded out in, if you reconnect with your true self.

**Dictionary for "People Who Don't Know Slang":

chile

noun

-child

ie: Voodoo Chile, a famous song by Jimi Hendrix.
ie2: "come eat cho grub this instant, chile!"
ie3: "where on turtle island is your head, chile? less go searchin, momma."

Wooted by: (4)

#24 2019-10-08 13:35:19

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Truly another banger from the king of melodramatically presented TRUTH™

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#25 2019-10-08 14:08:24

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Unpopular opinion: jimothy is a good mod

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:
mrjawapa1570544070763861

Board footer