Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate

#1 2019-09-09 16:26:22

PiotrGrochowski

B button?

In EE there's the D-pad to move left, up, right or down, and the A button to jump. There are also buttons for god, chat, NPC, etc. but they don't contribute to the main physics the same way D-pad and A button do. Technically it's all on the keyboard but controller terminology gets the point across.

What if there was a B button in EEU? There could be more possibilities for effects that allow player actions involving the B button.

For example the high jump effect could have an additional setting to activate the effect in the B button while the A button does the standard jump, and the effect block texture would differ.

On the keyboard, the buttons could be like this:

D-pad up — up arrow, W
D-pad left — left arrow, A
D-pad down — down arrow, S
D-pad right — right arrow, D
A button — X, space
B button — Z

I'm known as "haslo" in EE.

#2 2019-09-09 18:58:10

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: B button?

🅱️

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2019-09-09 19:25:57

peace

i think you suggets to port EEU to some sort of contorler based consoele or a NINTENDO
in the case of NINTENDO the contorls could be (takig EE contorls)
arrows to move
A to jump
B to inerqact wiht NPC's
Y to interact wiht owrldportals ect
X for godmode
R fo rminimap
L some other keybidn you can set to here
touchscreen: mouse thins liek building ect
multilpply ways of chattign involveled either using the touchscreen to draw letters to press letters or use the arrows and A button to sellect letters (simulair to picto chat on NINTENDO)
top screen alos shows the world but non editable ofc
slect: open settings and close it to quikly chnage keybinds or enebale disbael for example chat bubbles ect

incase of a PS console you habeve mor ebuttons 2 yosticks to work around with but no touch screen

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better

#4 2019-09-09 19:43:18

PiotrGrochowski

Tomahawk wrote:

🅱️

You're desperately trying to get woots, don't you? That's not the point of this thread...

Wooted by:

#5 2019-09-09 22:00:24

Growler
Formerly Snowester

He didn't get any woots... and he wasn't trying to, just being creative.

1565540400.png

#6 2019-09-09 23:00:02

sxrrealism
Formerly Arizona0117

Tomahawk wrote:

🅱️

RSbZctG.jpg

I fricking hate Stuart Little. I know what you’re thinking, this is some kind of funny joke, but no. Stuart Little is a piece of crap. A damn rat got picked over actual children at an orphanage and he’s supposed to be a hero? And I can’t even tell you how many damn times I’ve seen a great parking space only to turn the corner and realise Stuart Little is already parked there in his stupid little fricking convertible. He took my wife and the kids and my house and my job. I swear to fricking god, I’m going to kill myself and take that goddarn rodent to heck with me. Stuart Little has ruined my family. Last summer, I approached the miserable mouse in the street, and asked him for his autograph, because my son is a huge fan. The fricking rat gave me the autograph and told me to burn in heck. Later, when I gave my son the autograph he started crying and said he hated me. Turns out the mousefricker didnt write his autograph, no, he wrote “you’re a piece of crap, and i fricked your mom”. I’m now divorced, and planning a huge class-action lawsuit against the white devil that ruined my life. Your time is almost over, Stuart. All the people you’ve wronged will rise against you.

#7 2019-09-10 06:30:17

PiotrGrochowski

Please stick on topic, this topic is about extending the player movement controls.

#8 2019-09-10 14:06:03

mikelolsuperman
Website

There's no d-pad, a button and b button. There is wasd/arrow keys for movement, space for jumping and the entire keyboard for shortcuts or typing.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#9 2019-09-10 14:22:48

PiotrGrochowski

mikelolsuperman wrote:

There's no d-pad, a button and b button. There is wasd/arrow keys for movement, space for jumping and the entire keyboard for shortcuts or typing.

Of course not everyone has a controller and therefore an actual d-pad, a button and b button. Therefore it can be simulated on the keyboard, as EE does.

PiotrGrochowski1568121768761581

Board footer