Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-21 03:42:41, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2019-08-21 03:52:41)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

Is the EE Website Fully Working?

Is it just me, or is the EE (Everybody Edits) website still having problems? Because the website doesn't work on any other browser besides Chrome for me; however, I never play this game on Chrome, because it's laggy. I've been patiently waiting for days until the website worked on other browsers again, but it still hasn't. (Probably not yet anyway.) The website just shows a error message depending on which browser I use. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

Note: I haven't seen anyone else make a topic about this.

"π“—π“˜π“–π“— π“ π“€π“π“›π“˜π“£π“¨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#2 2019-08-21 03:46:20

Muftwin

Re: Is the EE Website Fully Working?

hNtlhM5.png
ZOEY DOESNT ACCEPT ANYTHING

Wooted by:

#3 2019-08-21 08:58:12

LukeM
Website

What's the error message?

I've tried the game on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge and it's worked in all three, do you have Flash Player installed correctly?

#4 2019-08-21 12:54:15, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2019-08-22 05:28:52)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

LukeM wrote:

I've tried the game on Firefox, Chrome, and Edge and it's worked in all three, do you have Flash Player installed correctly?

Oh, I just looked, and apparently, the website doesn't work on Internet Explorer. The minimal website just says "404 not found", and the other website says "This page can't be displayed", but if I refresh enough times, I get a different message: "Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://everybodyedits.com again." but I already have those turned on, but the website still refuses to load. It also said something about RC4. I know this has nothing to do with Flash, as they worked fine before; just the website isn't loading on that browser. I know Internet Explorer isn't that big of a deal, but unfortunately, that's my default browser, because it's less laggy than Chrome. (I feel like I'm the only person here that uses that browser.)

"π“—π“˜π“–π“— π“ π“€π“π“›π“˜π“£π“¨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent Β―\_(ΒΊ_o)_/Β―
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#5 2019-08-21 13:00:57

bunglybongle

Sticksam wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Oh, I just looked, and apparently, the website doesn't work on Internet Explorer. The minimal website just says "404 not found", and the other website says "This page can't be displayed", but if I refresh enough times, I get a different message: "Turn on TLS 1.0, TLS 1.1, and TLS 1.2 in Advanced settings and try connecting to https://everybodyedits.com again." but I already have those turned on, but the website still refuses to load. It also said something about RC4. I know this has nothing to do with Flash, as they worked fine before; just the website isn't loading on that browser. I know Internet Explorer isn't that big of a deal, but unfortunately, that's my default browser, because it's less laggy than Chrome. (I feel like the only person here that uses that browser.)

why would you even use internet explorer do you play ee on a **** 1990 macintosh

#6 2019-08-21 14:05:15

Charlie59876EE

Yes because a game no one has ever heard of is gonna have tons of results. Also just searching EE brings up to the sim provider not the very unwell known game

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

Wooted by:

#7 2019-08-21 14:21:04, last edited by capasha (2019-08-21 15:07:32)

capasha

Edit: I couldn't find a way to fix the problem. I use Windows 7 on my Virtual Machine with Internet Explorer 11.
The reason it doesn't work is because the SSL/TLS method that everybodyedits.com use, is outdated and Internet Explorer 11 doesn't support that anymore.
It have to do with RC4. Firefox and Chrome still accept this. So if you change Webbrowser to Firefox or either Chrome it would work. Or if staff fix their unsupported version of SSL/TLS.

#8 2019-08-21 17:52:45

peace

lukem www. probelm is alos still not fixed

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#9 2019-08-21 18:21:07

Gosha

peace wrote:

lukem www. probelm is alos still not fixed

why wouldn't you just remove www. from the link?

#10 2019-08-21 19:18:30

peace

cause if i type in e ee automaticaly pops up if i hit enter it auto puts the www. so i have to manualy hit the adress bar again type in h it shows EE soemehwere at 3rd place i press down 2 times it shwos https://www. i have to remove that www. then hit enetr and it works but www. shoudl wokr aswell as its should lead ot the exact same site which should be safe rite?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#11 2019-08-21 22:45:19

LukeM
Website

capasha wrote:

Edit: I couldn't find a way to fix the problem. I use Windows 7 on my Virtual Machine with Internet Explorer 11.
The reason it doesn't work is because the SSL/TLS method that everybodyedits.com use, is outdated and Internet Explorer 11 doesn't support that anymore.
It have to do with RC4. Firefox and Chrome still accept this. So if you change Webbrowser to Firefox or either Chrome it would work. Or if staff fix their unsupported version of SSL/TLS.

Looks like it's this but the other way round, internet explorer on windows 7 doesn't seem to trust a lot of modern SSL certificates (the things that allow you to use https). Fixing this problem directly doesn't look that easy, it'd either require us to pay a load of money for an old SSL certificate supported by Windows 7 or you to install the new certificates manually (using this process). Otherwise using a more modern browser or switching to Windows 10 would fix the problem.

Sorry we can't do anything better, let us know if it doesn't seem like this is the problem or if you need help with anything.

#12 2019-08-22 00:15:49, last edited by nielsd (2019-08-22 00:16:36)

nielsd

LukeM wrote:

Looks like it's this but the other way round, internet explorer on windows 7 doesn't seem to trust a lot of modern SSL certificates (the things that allow you to use https). Fixing this problem directly doesn't look that easy, it'd either require us to pay a load of money for an old SSL certificate supported by Windows 7 or you to install the new certificates manually (using this process). Otherwise using a more modern browser or switching to Windows 10 would fix the problem.

Sorry we can't do anything better, let us know if it doesn't seem like this is the problem or if you need help with anything.

Actually, this isn't entirely true, it is like the way capasha says probably.
If it has to do with RC4, then it is indeed due to deprecation that it does not work because it is considered less secure.
IETF decided somewhere around 2016 that RC4 shouldn't be used anymore in TLS negotiations (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7465) due to security concerns.
Security of the RC4 algorithm has been questioned for some time now. However, it shouldn't really matter for playing EE tho.

#13 2019-08-22 00:51:33

LukeM
Website

nielsd wrote:
LukeM wrote:

Actually, this isn't entirely true, it is like the way capasha says probably.
If it has to do with RC4, then it is indeed due to deprecation that it does not work because it is considered less secure.
IETF decided somewhere around 2016 that RC4 shouldn't be used anymore in TLS negotiations (https://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc7465) due to security concerns.
Security of the RC4 algorithm has been questioned for some time now. However, it shouldn't really matter for playing EE tho.

From what I can tell, we have RC4 disabled, and all other browsers also dropped support in 2016, so I don't think this should be the problem.

I don't have a computer with Windows 7 to test it directly, but the certificate we use originates from DST Root CA X3, which supposedly isn't supported in IE on Windows 7, so this is likely to be the problem.

Wooted by: (2)
LukeM1566431493760051

Board footer