Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#226 2019-08-21 13:06:05

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Crybaby wrote:

For anybody who wishes to suspect me based off of this change, or based off of the fact that I'm pointing it out, then okay. That's valid,

I personally don't think it'd be a valid point of criticism. Last game you were mafia and used it as an excuse, so if you're no longer using it as an excuse, that would suggest a greater level of honesty. So if people were accusing you of being mafia for that then they'd need a jolly good vote-slap.

HeebusBajesus wrote:

Because of this, I asked beep for the link again and it took me to what I now realize was page 2.

For a while it was fine, until 2B and Beep would, again, mention new information that I wasn't seeing

Where did you see them mentioning this if you couldn't see the new page?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

"Meh, let’s just lynch the afk without bothering to gather more vital data"

I don't understand why y'all think that supporting 1 lynch means no more data can be gathered and no more options can be discussed. That's not how it works at all. I've always been in support of lynching someone on day 1 and day 1 lynches are almost always policy. Why do you think in placing 1 vote or committing to your opinion is people somehow trying to cut off the discussion? 

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Isolate his posts and look at the "early mafia prediction" statements. Even though his arguments seem like they lack a big amount logic, people like Mutant and Taskmanager still back it up.

Ahh yes, I remember quite clearly backing him up when he randomly accused me of being mafia.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#227 2019-08-21 13:12:45

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Mutantdevle wrote:

No, Slabdrill flipping town wouldn't make me trust you. There's a 2/3 chance that he flips town and as mafia you'd know what he'd flip. The arguments you've made about Slabdrill and the progression of thought you've shown in the thread are not beyond fakery. To be honest, I would have thought town!you would want Slabdrill lynched if you genuinely believed what you're claiming you do. Slabdrill flipping town would turn your speculation into confirmed evidence which is probably the most useful thing he could do in a game. But instead, I get the impression that you want to stay off the wagon because the town credit you'd get from 'being right all along' is more valuable to you than making your arguments convincing.

If i knew he would flip town, why would i be so audacious about it? This is a risk i am taking because we only get one chance to push through the mafia's deception and get an absolutely confirmed mafia lynch on the first night, and going for the "safe" policy lynch at this point in the game is simply ludicrous. It's not even that i especially care much about Slabdrill dying, if he get's lynched on day 2 i wouldn't really care. I'm just saying: what if we push the "policy lynch" aside on this first day, take a much more bold approach. Then on the second day, assuming the day 1 flip gives us nothing. We go straight to lynching Slabdrill?

Mutantdevle wrote:

Why is specifically his role card relevant? Are you trying to prompt an answer that will give you information about whether Luka was acting off being PR/vanilla?

I wanted to see what my question would yield from 2B55B5G TNG. Asking difficult questions might make people slip up and accidentally reveal whatever alignment they have. That said, how do you know that Luka was as you put it: "acting off being PR/vanilla"? Your comment here is worded in a way that shows you might already have knowledge about his alignment.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#228 2019-08-21 13:15:02

Zumza

De ce que je sais, je sais peut-être mal, la personne avec le plus de votes sera guillotinée de toute façon. Il n'y a pas d'option nolynch.

Personne n'a présenté d'argument plausible contre quelqu'un d'autre.

Aucun argument plausible quant à la raison pour laquelle la mafia choisirait un joueur avec lequel ils n'auraient aucun problème, plus tard, de toute façon.

En fait, c’est une très bonne stratégie pour la mafia de cibler des acteurs importants tels que Luka, Task, Mutant, susciter une injustifiée peur, pas nécessairement pour avoir une majorité, mais soulever suffisamment de votes pour les faire guillotiner. Ce qui est exactement ce qui se passe apparemment maintenant, sur le derniere mile du marathon.

Hidden text

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

#229 2019-08-21 13:26:01

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Okay, so I definitely don't want to lynch Slabdrill anymore. I was planning to change my vote anyway but having it directly stated that this lynch is important due to being the only flip we can trust 100% made me change my whole opinion that day 1 should be for policy. It's kinda ironic that I hadn't fully realised that despite kind of pointing out earlier as earlier I was only really thinking about the negative aspect of later lynches.

So anyway, I'm going to vote norwegianboy now (what a surprise!).

I actually think Slabdrill is town - regardless of what norwegianboy flips. Norwegianboy is either a townie who genuinely believes what he's saying or scum who expects/expected Slabdrill to flip today and wanted to be on the good side of the wagon to get those good boi points. I think that's clear from how norwegian's entire attitude towards Slabdrill assumes he is town form the very start and he's even directly asked people whether we'd trust him if he flips town as though he's expecting us to. I also think that Norwegian's question towards 2B55 was hella sketchy. He was trying to prompt him to give information about his role. Coming off of the fact that Norwegian tried to vote Luka, I also think that Luka/2B55 are town.

So I'm somewhat confident that norwegianboy is town, lynching him could solve the alignment of 2 other players, and even if I'm wrong norwegianboy being the only person confirmed as town is still valuable. I don't really see a reason not to vote.

!vote Norwegianboy

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#230 2019-08-21 13:29:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

I wanted to see what my question would yield from 2B55B5G TNG. Asking difficult questions might make people slip up and accidentally reveal whatever alignment they have. That said, how do you know that Luka was as you put it: "acting off being PR/vanilla"? Your comment here is worded in a way that shows you might already have knowledge about his alignment.

Lol, don't try and turn this on me. You're the one that asked the question that focussed more on role than it did alignment. I simply pointed out your motives.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

If i knew he would flip town, why would i be so audacious about it?

You've quite clearly tried to show progression of thought to try and justify why you so strongly believed Slabdrill to be town. I think I threw you off a bit when I pointed out that you were treating him as a town read before you were ready to admit that you were.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#231 2019-08-21 13:29:48

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

TaskManager wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

He was the first to question about Luka suggesting Slabdrill as a lynch candidate, so he clearly doesn't support lynching Slabdrill.

TaskManager wrote:
Calling Joey suspicious for agreeing with Luka about voting Slab (#64, #67?)

This even proves it

Invalid. Read that post fully. I called him susp for switching his opinion

mutantdevle wrote:

but I've also revoked my statement that Sladrill is even useful.

Sorry. I wanted the read list to be out asap so maybe I missed something.

mutantdevle wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I quite don't understand why people really want to get rid of inactive players.

You need to get rid of them out of policy - aka set the standard that it's not okay to be inactive. If multiple players are inactive it allows the mafia to disguise themself as inactive and just get a free pass in the game. Lynching inactive players in later days is bad because you'd usually have information to go after better targets. So day 1 when you don't have any information to go on is the best time for policy votes. Also, being inactive makes people harder to read. If they're not posting much then you can't judge what they post.

Ok. I think I can understand it now, but I don't really agree day 1 is the best time for policy votes. This mafia game is quite different from other mafia games, only day 1 lynch is true, we can't really trust other days' lynch results because of the Disguiser, so I think day 1 is best to lynch someone else instead of inactive players, because we have some information now. I think the best time to lynch inactive players is when we have completely no info to lead us.

mutantdevle wrote:

Also, you haven't explained why Slabdrill isn't the optimal lynch. You've just pointed out a flaw in it. Unless you provide a different and better candidate than Slabdrill he will remain the optimal choice.

The respond above kind of explained it. Because we have info now, so we should follow the info for a better lynch instead of lynching an inactive player. I don't really have another candidate tbh.

mutantdevle wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I think you should've realized that earlier instead when you fully support to lynch Slab?

Why? Why would I have realised it earlier?

The timing you no longer think Slabdrill is a useful lurker is weird, it looks like you planned to change your thought when you said that you fully support a Slabdrill lynch, so I thought you should've realized it earlier.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#232 2019-08-21 13:42:34

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

@Mutantdevle So you think i'm town but want to lynch me at the same time? Alright then, but i highly doubt lynching me would be as beneficial to the town as you claim it will.

Mutantdevle wrote:

You've quite clearly tried to show progression of thought to try and justify why you so strongly believed Slabdrill to be town.

"Tried"? That's a bit rude. Maybe i'm not the best at putting my thoughts into text, but that doesn't mean i'm lying or acting.

Mutantdevle wrote:

You're the one that asked the question that focussed more on role than it did alignment.

Yeah i did, so what? If i already knew his alignment because i'm mafia i wouldn't even have bothered asking. I'd probably just shut up and rely on night-kills.

#233 2019-08-21 13:45:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

we can't really trust other days' lynch results because of the Disguiser, so I think day 1 is best to lynch someone else instead of inactive players, because we have some information now. I think the best time to lynch inactive players is when we have completely no info to lead us.

Yeah, I agree. I was overlooking the fact that today's lynch is special. Usually, day 1 is the best time for policy lynches.

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

The timing you no longer think Slabdrill is a useful lurker is weird, it looks like you planned to change your thought when you said that you fully support a Slabdrill lynch, so I thought you should've realized it earlier.

No, my thoughts about Slabdrill changed after reading what everyone else thought about him - specifically someone pointed out that the only reason I saw him as useful is because he followed everything I said last game. From there, seeing how, despite there being lots of talk about Slabdrill not being the only lurker, no other lurker was being considered so I decided to join the wagon.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#234 2019-08-21 13:48:57

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

@Mutantdevle So you think i'm town but want to lynch me at the same time? Alright then, but i highly doubt lynching me would be as beneficial to the town as you claim it will.

No... I think you're mafia.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Yeah i did, so what? If i already knew his alignment because i'm mafia i wouldn't even have bothered asking. I'd probably just shut up and rely on night-kills.

Why would his role matter to you if you're trying to solve his alignment? You absolutely would ask him that as mafia because you'd want to know whether he is a PR or vanilla to better inform your night kill.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#235 2019-08-21 13:53:31

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Based on my earlier explanation, I'll vote for  norboy

!vote norboy

This will tell us if slab is a bad man or not.

Discord: jawp#5123

#236 2019-08-21 13:53:39

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

So I'm somewhat confident that norwegianboy is town,

I'm somewhat confident that norwegianboy is mafia*

mutantdevle wrote:
NorwegianboyEE wrote:

No... I think you're mafia.

I can see why you were confused lol.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#237 2019-08-21 13:54:12

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Ans also if Jawapa and Mutant is scum.
/Vote NorwegianboyEE

#238 2019-08-21 13:55:31

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:

I assume you don't agree with my assessment as to why norwegianboy is defending Slabdrill?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#239 2019-08-21 14:23:13

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

mutantdevle wrote:
mrjawapa wrote:

I assume you don't agree with my assessment as to why norwegianboy is defending Slabdrill?

I think norboy slipped up.  We all know slab is extremely absent. Lynching his teammate would make him look good. Then slab shows up and norboy tries to change everyone's mind because now his teammate is here and doing something.

/mobile
/rushed post
/eh

#240 2019-08-21 14:41:12

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

!vote norwegianboy

i think they’re town, but the information is the best we’re getting

suddenly random sig change

Wooted by:

#241 2019-08-21 14:54:44

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Yo can we get a vote count

#242 2019-08-21 15:00:58

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Lol Jawapa, i’d never be using those sucky tactics if i was scum. You should know as my earlier teammate in purgatorEE.

#243 2019-08-21 15:01:58

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lol Jawapa, i’d never be using those sucky tactics if i was scum. You should know as my earlier teammate in purgatorEE.

Is that not similar to what we did last game?

#244 2019-08-21 15:02:00

ShadowsEdge

I'm up now.

I'm unsure of why people started on a lynch against Norwegian. I did suspect him, but it was on something miniscule that could be, still, interpreted as a Town move. I don't think I'll be lynching Norwegian, since Norwegian isn't really that big of a suspicion for me. Even if it's for proving his "Townness" or whatever, Norwegian has been useful in previous games.

I don't think this is really a good lynch to do, Norwegian has been useful in games past, and would be useful in this game as well, but lynching him from the start will get rid of his ability to do that. If you guys don't want to switch your opinions of him, that's fine. But, honestly, I think this lynch is pretty weird, because the basis for it is to "Confirm someone as Town."

I understand the basic idea of if anyone in the future days is lynched then they might actually be Mafia, because of Disguiser, but that's not really a reason to switch the vote to someone who is quite possibly town, and is being lynched for the reason of confirming townness. Especially when the lynch could be used on someone who is deemed more suspicious of being Mafia.

I read through what I missed on the forums, and honestly, didn't seem like I missed too much which is why I only made a post to the lynch on Norwegian. I believe there's only an hour left (Maybe not) until day ends, so I'm gonna go do my homework (since I got home so late last night, I didn't have time to finish it all). Although, I'll still be able to talk in that hour if need be.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

Wooted by:

#245 2019-08-21 15:04:16, last edited by Kira (2019-08-21 15:05:15)

Kira

Slabdrill -               Taskmanager, Zumza   
2B TNG -                 Peace     
ShadowsEdge -      ZeldaXD   
NorwegianBoy -     Mutantdevle, MrJawapa, NorwegianBoy, Slabdrill
3 more votes needed for Majority.
There is 24 hours left.

mrjawapa wrote:

Yo can we get a vote count

Like I said. Every 24 Hours, and every 12 hours on the last day.

TaskManager wrote:

I'd rather you do it each time someone casts a vote
Or aftsr every two cases of voting

No.

#246 2019-08-21 15:06:32

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

It's hard to keep track and were gonna end up lynching someone on accident

#247 2019-08-21 15:09:02

ShadowsEdge

Oh I interpreted it wrong, for some reason I thought Day was ending in an hour. My bad.

Don't ask me what I'm doing, I don't even know what I'm doing.

~BeepnBoop

Forums_Signature-1.png_3.png

#248 2019-08-21 15:09:30, last edited by Kira (2019-08-21 15:09:45)

Kira

mrjawapa wrote:

It's hard to keep track and were gonna end up lynching someone on accident

Your prayers have been heard, the Revolution is en marche. Kira has blessed you with an every 12 hours update.

visite-pedestre-quartier-monument-4.jpg

Wooted by: (2)

#249 2019-08-21 15:24:51

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

ShadowsEdge wrote:

I don't think this is really a good lynch to do, Norwegian has been useful in games past, and would be useful in this game as well, but lynching him from the start will get rid of his ability to do that. If you guys don't want to switch your opinions of him, that's fine. But, honestly, I think this lynch is pretty weird, because the basis for it is to "Confirm someone as Town."

Just because he's useful doesn't mean he's not scum.

This lynch isn't to confirm him as town - I believe he is the scummiest person here. I'm pretty sure jawapa at least has that opinion as well.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#250 2019-08-21 15:25:59

peace

mutantdevle wrote:

as mafia you'd know what he'd flip.

nope we shoudlnt lycnh random as we coudl lycnh the jester/neatral and he would win keep this in midn guys!

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1567329158761133

Board footer