Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#76 2019-08-19 18:31:16

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I can't isolate posts yo what the ****?


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#77 2019-08-19 18:36:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Norboy what made you do a 180 on Luka between posts 48 and 66? What made you reconsider?
Calling Joey suspicious for agreeing with Luka about voting Slab (#64, #67?), then after Norboy's post voting Luka without saying anything (#70)


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#78 2019-08-19 18:37:25, last edited by Kira (2019-08-19 18:45:14)

Kira
Banned
Joined: 2019-04-22
Posts: 428

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Luka504 has been replaced by 2B55B5G TNG due to health issues. I will not go further into details.
Get well soon Luka.
TaskManager wrote:

I can't isolate posts yo what the ****?

Diff will come online to fix that in a few. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#79 2019-08-19 18:47:44

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,487

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Get well soon Luka.

Okay so first of all I really don't know why did Luka504 decided to be eager to lynch.

Lynching inactive people can be a good choice, but I prefer to wait everyone to talk first, then see if anyone is suspicious, then finally decide who to lynch, instead of rushing to lynch someone, it kills discussion time and it's definitely NOT worth it.

Offline

#80 2019-08-19 18:48:27

Joeyjoey65
Member
Joined: 2017-11-05
Posts: 115

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

TaskManager wrote:

Norboy what made you do a 180 on Luka between posts 48 and 66? What made you reconsider?
Calling Joey suspicious for agreeing with Luka about voting Slab (#64, #67?), then after Norboy's post voting Luka without saying anything (#70)

norwegianboy made some better points and I think everybody yelling in my face slabdrill could be useful later on rather than lynching him off early?


walleye-yellow-600.png Not you again...

Offline

#81 2019-08-19 18:55:54

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,065
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Welp this game is ****
Time to abort


jmz85ffh.png

Offline

#82 2019-08-19 18:59:53

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,065
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

rather than lynching him off early?

Killing slab is a good idea for d1 because:
Hes always inactive. I expect him to finally make an appearance around d2, then disappear again.

If hes not active, hes not useful to us. It's a lynch that doesn't hurt the town much.

Early mafia prediction:
Slab
Norboy
Mutant


jmz85ffh.png

Offline

#83 2019-08-19 19:07:52

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Joeyjoey65 wrote:

everybody yelling in my face slabdrill could be useful later on rather than lynching him off early?

Who's "everyone"? You're sort of explaining why you retracted your idea of lynching Slab (although you've just admitted you followed the crowd here)
But "Norboy made better points" is an even weaker justification for switching to Luka
I'll see what 2B has to say about this


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#84 2019-08-19 19:13:55

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,487

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

I don't know why Luka was focusing on lynching Slabdrill rather than other inactive people. I think Luka could've pushed a Slabdrill lynch if he really wants to get rid of inactive players. But what Luka is thinking isn't what I'm thinking, I still think we should wait everyone to talk then decide, rather than lynching someone random and you get no information from it, plus lynching early kills discussion time, so I didn't understand what Luka was doing lol

Offline

#85 2019-08-19 19:14:00

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,748

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

TaskManager wrote:

Norboy what made you do a 180 on Luka between posts 48 and 66? What made you reconsider?(#70)

Nothing to reconsider when i didn't reconsider to begin with. I thought he seemed suspicious from the get-go, i just withheld my suspicions until now.

@MrJawapa
Lynching Slabdrill might not tell us anything. If he flips town, what does it gain for us? What information is given? Lynching inactives is a great choice for when there's nothing left to do. But given the choice of people that act unnaturally aggressive and a inactive i'd rather go for the suspicious one 9/10 times. And Luka504 fits that description by a mile. I suppose i should start calling him 2B55B5G TNG now, but that doesn't mean i'm surrendering my previous points against him.

Feel free to counter my claims, i especially welcome your words Mutant. But isolate Luka's posts first, don't you guys see something strange with his behavior? (And no, i'm not basing this on whatever his reason for being replaced is. I know nothing about that.)


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

Wooted by:

#86 2019-08-19 19:15:10

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,748

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

I don't know why Luka was focusing on lynching Slabdrill rather than other inactive people. I think Luka could've pushed a Slabdrill lynch if he really wants to get rid of inactive players. But what Luka is thinking isn't what I'm thinking, I still think we should wait everyone to talk then decide, rather than lynching someone random and you get no information from it, plus lynching early kills discussion time, so I didn't understand what Luka was doing lol

This comment screams to me: "damage control"


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

#87 2019-08-19 19:16:57

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,487

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

But that was honestly my thought.

Offline

#88 2019-08-19 19:17:56

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

But isolate Luka's posts first

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#89 2019-08-19 19:19:11

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Nothing to reconsider when i didn't reconsider to begin with. I thought he seemed suspicious from the get-go, i just withheld my suspicions until now.

Can you elaborate what seemed suspicious to you "from the get-go"


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#90 2019-08-19 19:28:58

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,748

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

His narrow-minded obsession with Slabdrill. If he really wanted to lynch any inactive player, why would Slabdrill be the player he regularly refers to when there were in fact a lot of other easy and completely valid choices for inactive players to lynch by that point? And he was quick about it too, already in the first post very early in the game he starts by attacking him.

Luka504 wrote:

I suggest we lynch slabdrill first.

Luka504 wrote:

They're not active enough for my tastes either, but I remember them being considerably more engaged than slabdrill

Luka504 wrote:

How active is Zelda again? I don't really remember too much about him, but I'm pretty sure he was more active than Slabdrill.

Luka504 wrote:

Hm
I still think that slab would be the better choice,

Luka504 wrote:

The day has recently started, and I'm only suggesting slabdrill if we do not have a better candidate for the guillotine.

Luka504 wrote:

I'm suggesting slabdrill only if there aren't any better candidates.


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

Wooted by:

#91 2019-08-19 19:33:50

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,065
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lynching Slabdrill might not tell us anything. If he flips town, what does it gain for us? What information is given?

Look at who jumps on the wagon.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lynching inactives is a great choice for when there's nothing left to do.

Do you have a better idea?

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Luka504

Naturally an aggressive person


jmz85ffh.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#92 2019-08-19 19:34:17

mrjawapa
Member
From: Ohio, USA
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 5,065
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Ignore the better idea part. You obviously do, and I cant read.


jmz85ffh.png

Offline

#93 2019-08-19 19:44:09

mutantdevle
Member
From: Hell
Joined: 2015-03-31
Posts: 2,884
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

ShadowsEdge wrote:

What I'm really hoping for is for more conversation on who to lynch to go on.

What do you think we're doing by discussing Slabdrill? We're generating conversation.

eleizibeth wrote:

we're better off waiting

For what?

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

but I prefer to wait everyone to talk first

Voting for people and strongly suggesting options gets people talking. If it weren't for that, we'd have nothing to talk about.


This kind of thought process is actually quite negative for discussion. It serves to shut down discussion; the very thing you claim to be waiting for. It's annoying that this kind of talk happens at the start of almost every game as I honestly thought we'd be over this by now.

To be honest, I don't think Luka deserves the criticism of "he's focussing on Slabdrill and not the other inactives" due to Slabdrill being more unique than the other inactives. The other players that seem to be being grouped as 'inactive' are either new, just yet to post, or are obviously more active than Slabdrill anyway. On the other hand, even when Slabdrill does post once in a 24 hour period, what he has to say is borderline useless hence making him almost impossible to read. The only reason he was readable in the previous game was because of how few players there were towards the end. The only thing that is odd about his stance on Slabdrill is that he never voted. But honestly, as someone who doesn't always vote where my mouth is, I can understand why. Suggesting someone is different from committing to them.



Primarily because of all this talk of 'other options' without anyone else truly being seriously suggested, I'm going to vote Slabdrill. Because let's be honest, Slabdrill is almost objectively the optimal lynch on day 1.

!vote Slabdrill

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#94 2019-08-19 19:55:17

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Focusing Slab only is slightly odd, but not necessarily scum indicative, especially if there is no other people known to be major lurkers, which is the case here and leads me to the next question:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

there were in fact a lot of other easy and completely valid choices for inactive players to lynch by that point?

Who are the other valid choices for inactive players? Mind you, I support giving Slab the rope because of his inactivity in previous games and I believe that was Luka's reasoning too. This invalidates Ele, Joey, Shadows, and his friend as candidates for lynch by this criteria because they are first time players

I also find it odd how you completely ignored Slab's candidacy prior to turning on Luka, except for mentioning him in your candidates list

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lurkers flip my **** too.
Also take a look at this dude.

HeebusBajesus
>Joined yesterday
>Posts: 1

HeebusBajesus wrote:

>"Arg arg arg spongebob me boy I just had crab rangoon arg arg arg"

This could be an attempt at diverting attention from Slab to another person that's a newcomer, therefore easy target


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#95 2019-08-19 19:58:35

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Joined: 2015-02-15
Posts: 1,320
Website

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

God you guys are already at it with the walls of text. I have only read over the top and I don't think the focus Luka seems to have with Slabdrill is scum indicative or anything. Would mafia really be so low iq as to focus so aggresively on someone? Unless thats what they want us to think.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#96 2019-08-19 20:00:03

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

ZeldaXD wrote:

Would mafia really be so low iq as to focus so aggresively on someone?

Exactly what I thought


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#97 2019-08-19 20:00:35

2B55B5G TNG
Member
From: Levitation Planet
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 1,487

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

So Mutant, you're saying Luka was trying to cause discussion? I guess it makes sense but it makes Luka very suspicious.

Offline

#98 2019-08-19 20:12:29

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123
From: i really should update this
Joined: 2015-03-01
Posts: 7,950

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Trying to cause discussion makes you suspicious
TIL


i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos













like.php?tid=46047&pid=754703

Offline

#99 2019-08-19 20:22:24

NorwegianboyEE
Member
From: Norway
Joined: 2015-03-16
Posts: 1,748

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

So Mutant, you're saying Luka was trying to cause discussion? I guess it makes sense but it makes Luka very suspicious.

2B55B5B TNG behaving in a self-deprecating manner makes me suspect he might be the jester. Which would also be consistent with Luka’s behaviour.
/Unvote


L1dl6nb.gif

Offline

#100 2019-08-19 20:26:58

ShadowsEdge
Member
From: somewhere in space ig
Joined: 2018-11-06
Posts: 139

Re: Mafia 29: The French Revolution MAFIA + JESTER WIN!

Sorry if any format stuff looks weird. Doing this on my phone.

mutantdevle wrote:
ShadowsEdge wrote:

What I'm really hoping for is for more conversation on who to lynch to go on.

What do you think we're doing by discussing Slabdrill? We're generating conversation.

Yes, I know. My point isnt that we shouldn't lynch Slabdrill. My point is that we should get input from everyone, that way we can gather intellects and choose a more likely target of being Mafia. Random lynching, or even lynching for inactivity, while it does work, it's not the most cut and clean way of choosing who to lynch. I'm open to lynching Slabdrill as a worst case scenario, but as the first, and immediate option, it's not the most secure. Inactivity does not equal Mafia.

mutantdevle wrote:

This kind of thought process is actually quite negative for discussion. It serves to shut down discussion; the very thing you claim to be waiting for. It's annoying that this kind of talk happens at the start of almost every game as I honestly thought we'd be over this by now.

I do feel that waiting for people to put their piece in is essential for everyone. Especially at the beginning. Any Mafia member can push for a lynch on an inactive person, and because they're inactive, they can't defend themselves. That's why I want to wait for everyone to put their input in, that way we lynch the right person, and not just someone that's inactive.

TaskManager wrote:

Focusing Slab only is slightly odd, but not necessarily scum indicative, especially if there is no other people known to be major lurkers, which is the case here and leads me to the next question:

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

there were in fact a lot of other easy and completely valid choices for inactive players to lynch by that point?

Who are the other valid choices for inactive players? Mind you, I support giving Slab the rope because of his inactivity in previous games and I believe that was Luka's reasoning too. This invalidates Ele, Joey, Shadows, and his friend as candidates for lynch by this criteria because they are first time players

I think Norwegian has a valid point. Luka was pushing for a lynch, and had been since the start of the game. So his actions made him suspicious. I don't know if 2B is just doing damage control, or is very well confused by Luka's actions, but because of it, I think 2B should be considered suspicious regardless. I don't want to call him as Mafia yet, but his actions are suspicious.

As for Norwegian, I do also find it quite weird that Norwegian focused on Luka, there were plenty other that pushed for a lynch on an inactive person, yet the only one Norwegian mentioned as being suspicious was Luka. I might just be paranoid or something, but I'd be stupid to not consider Norwegian as suspicious.

TaskManager wrote:

I also find it odd how you completely ignored Slab's candidacy prior to turning on Luka, except for mentioning him in your candidates list

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Lurkers flip my **** too.
Also take a look at this dude.

HeebusBajesus
>Joined yesterday
>Posts: 1

HeebusBajesus wrote:

>"Arg arg arg spongebob me boy I just had crab rangoon arg arg arg"

This could be an attempt at diverting attention from Slab to another person that's a newcomer, therefore easy target

I do agree with your assessment that Norwegian might be trying to divert the lynch. Thus far, Heebus hasnt said anything suspicious (a part from her jokes at the beginning). And Norwegian is essentially contradicting himself, I cant really quote it, but at one point, Norwegian claimed that Heebus would not be a good lynch for Day 1, but for some reason, in that statement, is diverting the attention to the person they said would not be a good Day 1 lynch candidate.

Ill do my reads when I get home. But my lunch break is about to end, and I wanted to get my input in here.


I have no idea what I'm doing so just enjoy my random posts ok. Thanks.

   ~Rene1236789

sketch1555272864374.png?width=400&height=200

Offline

Wooted by:
peace1567329158761133

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1568550094.6264 - Generated in 0.149 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.74 MiB (Peak: 2.05 MiB) ]