Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

[Guide]How toplay EE on your iDevice

If you do this, you'll have no warranty anymore!
So you want to play EE on your iPhone, iPod or iPad? Follow this tutorial! (Note: Doesn't work on iPad 2)
1. Jailbreak your device. First get OS 4.3.3 by downloading this: http://www.redmondpie.com/download-ios- … ect-links/
2. Then go to C:\Windows\system32\hosts and open it with NotePad.
3. Add this line to the file:

74.208.105.171 gs.apple.com

Save it and close it.
4. Now comes the tricky part. FIRST BACKUP YOUR DEVICE! AFTER YOU CHANGE OS ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!
5. Connect your device to your computer, turn it off and open iTunes.
6. Now turn it into DFU mode. Hold the Power and Home button of your device. 3 seconds after the Apple logo pops up, release the Power button BUT KEEP HOLDING THE HOME BUTTON until you get a message on the screen that iTunes has found a device in recovery mode. If that pops up, release the Home button as well. Video tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI If everything is right your screen should be black now. Otherwise turn it off and try again.
7. Go to your device on iTunes and click it. Now hold Shift and click Restore. Select the file you downloaded in step 1. MAKE SURE TO BACKUP YOUR DEVICE FIRST! ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!
8. Lay back and let iTunes install OS 4.3.3.
9. After you did that, go, on your device, to www.jailbreakme.com and install Cydia from there.
10. Once it's installed, open it and tap Sources, Edit, Add (Add is in the left upper corner after you clicked Edit), and add the source http://hackulo.us. Ignore the warning that it has illegal actions and stuff.
11. Search for Installous within Cydia now. Download and Install it.
12. Open Installous. Tap the Search button and search for Cloud Browse (and not Browser).
13. After you found it, tap it and tap Download. Now tap the Fileape.com, cracked by Ab3r1Kanobee, tap regular, wait 15 seconds and download it.
14. After the download finished, go to Downloads and tap it. Now it will install itself on your device.
15. Now open the app you just installed and surf to www.(or beta.)everybodyedits.com and voilà, you can play EE!
16. Delete the Installous app. You can get almost any app free with it, so that wouldn't be fair against Apple.
Comments would be greatly appreciated. This took me half an hour to make.

Last edited by Gamer1120 (Oct 2 2011 11:35:29 am)

#2 Before February 2015

Pyromaniac
Official Caroler

Re: [Guide]How toplay EE on your iDevice

DOes this legit work>

#3 Before February 2015

theredtigers

sorry don't trust the whole jailbreak thing o well i read this topic on ma ipod =p

#4 Before February 2015

Muffin

Gamer1120 wrote:

AFTER YOU CHANGE OS ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!

No thank you.

#5 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Muffin wrote:
Gamer1120 wrote:

AFTER YOU CHANGE OS ALL DATA WILL BE LOST!

No thank you.

That's why you had to backup it. You can restore after that.

ChrisKringel wrote:

I think it voids your warranty as well... You might wanna warn the users trying this...

Yea... But my device's warranty has already expired. I'll add a warning.

Pyromaniac wrote:

DOes this legit work>

Gimme a sec. I'll give you a screenshot.\
HawRH.jpg

Last edited by Gamer1120 (Oct 2 2011 11:45:20 am)

#6 Before February 2015

Cyral

Umm... Why do all the jailbreak crap, all you have to do is install cloud browse without anything else and it works fine

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#7 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

EE Beast wrote:

Umm... Why do all the jailbreak crap, all you have to do is install cloud browse without anything else and it works fine

Because it isn't in the app store anymore.

#8 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

Already have done this a Looong Time ago. The problem with Cloud Browse is that their App is a Demo Version. It's FPS are lower than if you were to pay so if you tap a directional arrow (Left or right) once, you'll keep moving in that direction for a good two second before you stop. I don't really recommend this. (That is, unless you want to pay)

Last edited by EE_Scythe (Oct 2 2011 3:19:37 pm)

#9 Before February 2015

Cyral

Gamer1120 wrote:
EE Beast wrote:

Oh, well theres another app better than cloud browse and has flash, its ummm... err i forget, it starts with a "p" though

Player Since 2011. I used to make bots and stuff.

#10 Before February 2015

ilyas3d

Instead of pirating the app from Installous, why not just buy it?
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloud-br … 18635?mt=8

It's only three dollars.

#11 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

Gamer1120 wrote:
EE Beast wrote:

Lie, I lookes just now in app store and its still there >.>
Besides dont download cloud browse anyway, its a waste, downloaded photon browser , SO much faster and unlimted browser time.
Im not getting fooled by this. dont jailbreak your ipods guys, no need to, i would recomend you change or delete this topic gamer.

#12 Before February 2015

Dabes

Wouldn't that be hard to play like that?

#13 Before February 2015

XxAtillaxX

Dabes wrote:

Wouldn't that be hard to play like that?

lol. a usb keyboard would halp dat possibly //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Anyways, I recommend playing Everybody Edits on a SmartBoard. Anyone else try it?

signature.png
*u stinky*

#14 Before February 2015

EENinja

Atilla: Yes //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

I was playing EE on the computer when one of my class mates turned on the smart board. Its really hard to edit a world when people are tapping the smart board randomly. We played deffend your castle in the end, I ran they edited //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Anyway I have an I-pod touch, I'll probly just go to the app store and pay the $3 though...

#15 Before February 2015

EE_Scythe

ilyas3d wrote:

Instead of pirating the app from Installous, why not just buy it?
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cloud-br … 18635?mt=8

It's only three dollars.

That's only a Demo. *Yes, for some reason they make you pay for their Demo. To get the full features of the app, you need a monthly subscription.

#16 Before February 2015

Gamer1120

Pugmatt wrote:
Gamer1120 wrote:
EE Beast wrote:

Besides dont download cloud browse anyway, its a waste, downloaded photon browser , SO much faster and unlimted browser time.
Im not getting fooled by this. dont jailbreak your ipods guys, no need to, i would recomend you change or delete this topic gamer.

Well... I couldn't find it. Let me post a screenshot.
Lwnex.jpg
(That screenshot I posted with PicUp)
I'll pirate Photon then. Gimme a sec.
Installed. I'll post in a sec which one i like the most.
I keep getting errors that it can't connect.

Last edited by Gamer1120 (Oct 3 2011 9:05:45 am)

#17 Before February 2015

Different55
Forum Admin

If you want to do this on a psp, you have to get custom firmware (or, if you don't want to, just downgrade to ofw 6.20, then download TN-E Lite Custom Firmware) Then download Netfront internet browser beta 4. Download the .swf to any folder, then load that LCFW, open the new browser, and type ms0:/[path to swf]/[ee.swf] and then that should work, amirite? Haven't actually tried it, and you won't be able to chat. But I think you can still edit... hm... you might be able to chat. I'll try it later today. There are absolutely no dangers from LCFW. It runs in the ram, and doesn't replace the OFW. It's like a pretend psp running on your psp. Like a game. When you turn off your psp, you'll have to turn the LCFW back on. Why am I posting this? Because maybe this could be changed to how to play EE on your mobile device.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#18 Before February 2015

sarcasticphoenix

Um...
I'd rather play on a full 1600 x 900 google chrome window rather than do illegal stuff to play ee..
After all, everybody hates me.

#19 Before February 2015

SmileyZ

Another solution: Download splashtop for iPod or iPad.
Then, download it on your computer < VERY IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL!
Go on splashtop on your iDevice, and connect to your computer < Splashtop Streamer must be turned on on your computer.
Now, don't close your computer. Your computer will be controlled by your iDevice. if you do anything on your iDevice, it does it on your computer. So, you can use flash.
Play Everybody Edits.

NOTE: This only works while your at home and your computer is turned on. If you want to play ee anywhere else, enjoy messing up your iPod doing what Gamer1120 said to do*.

*I'm not saying its bad, its actually a great idea.

#20 Before February 2015

Pugmatt

Gamer1120 wrote:
Pugmatt wrote:
Gamer1120 wrote:

Well... I couldn't find it. Let me post a screenshot.
http://i.imgur.com/Lwnex.jpg
(That screenshot I posted with PicUp)
I'll pirate Photon then. Gimme a sec.
Installed. I'll post in a sec which one i like the most.
I keep getting errors that it can't connect.

Well that's an ipad, i guess it's not for ipad then.

Gamer1120142388551675916

Board footer