Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-08-15 01:11:13

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Bringing EE Back Online!

Hi Everybody!

Thankfully, today, we're able to bring the Everybody Edits main website back online! We have migrated a large portion of the site away from Player.IO. We're keeping the main website to minimal functionality, at least for the time being.

This is what we've done from an account point of view:

• All main site accounts that logged in since July 18th, 2019 have been rolled back to their state on July 18th, 2019. This does not include items bought on accounts, worlds, or campaign progression. Kongregate accounts have not been reverted.

• Login Streaks have been maintained on all main site accounts that logged in since July 18th, 2019. It's been adjusted so that the system believes these accounts last logged in on August 15th, 2019, and you will not have lost your streak if you have not logged in since July 18th, 2019. This does not apply to Kongregate accounts.

• Over 15,000 worlds have been restored to their states on July 18th, 2019. This has only been done on any worlds which were compromised during the hacks. Any worlds created since the hack attacks should still maintain their current save state. We believe a few worlds may still be affected (possibly about 10), so if you do find any of these worlds, please report them immediately, probably through PM on these forums, and we will restore them as soon as possible.

• Any accounts affected in the breach listed in this thread post will need new passwords. Please use the Change or Recover Password link from the Login Screen in order to set a new password. We highly recommend setting a password at least 10 characters in length with a combination of letters and numbers. Please send us an email at [email protected] if you need to change your email address. Make sure never to reveal your password to anyone, and please don't email us any password details. After changing email, you should be able to use the Change or Recover Password with the new email address.

We can assure everyone that the current build of Everybody Edits is safe to play, without any malicious coding on the website, client, or server. The website and client are now being hosted in a more secure location. The server is hosted with Player.IO, but only running the most recent code we have uploaded, and nothing prior to July 21st, 2019.

We apologise for the inconvenience during this difficult time, and look forward to seeing you back in-game soon!

~ Xenonetix ~

Xenonetix_2.png

#2 2019-08-15 01:16:14

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Re: Bringing EE Back Online!

Xenonetix wrote:

We can assure everyone that the current build of Everybody Edits is safe to play, without any malicious coding on the website, client, or server.

are you sure?

#3 2019-08-15 01:50:49

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

So... did you ever find what led to all this?

Discord: jawp#5123

#4 2019-08-15 01:57:56

Bimps

I just don't know why we should trust this enough to go back on to ee.

#5 2019-08-15 01:59:48

Kira

Vpn: Check
Tor Onion Router: Check
Playing In my local Airport: Check
Playing EE on my phone's puffin browser: Check
Hiding in the Bathroom so no one will ever see I exist: Check

We're good to play some EE

#6 2019-08-15 02:06:51

XxAtillaxX

E7pjst7.png

Well. I think people should be informed that:

1) The people behind the attack have not been identified in any way, shape or form.
2) The game has not been audited in any professional manner, and the owner is security illiterate.
3) You may have your account compromised in the future for the reasons above. I highly suggest changing your email and/or password before you start playing.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (4)

#7 2019-08-15 03:02:22

Jorc

this is SO EPIC, can we praise xenonetix for hard work?

#8 2019-08-15 05:40:22, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-08-15 05:43:19)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Are you sure you fixed EE?

First of all, most of my worlds are completely gone from the ‘Build’ tab in the lobby. I searched my profile, they still exist, and most of them are public, why it doesn’t show my worlds?

Then it’s the smiley problem. Most of my smileys are GONE. What? Is that how you restore EE? Make my smileys gone = restore, seriously?

And then I found out that my beta access is GONE, I have to buy beta AGAIN. Good job EE, I really don’t understand how you restore people’s profile.

Oh btw my auras are all gone too. Please fix these issue as soon as possible.

EDIT: Most of my blocks are also gone.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#9 2019-08-15 07:31:10, last edited by peace (2019-08-15 07:41:19)

peace

NOT SAFE!  tCJlRc.jpg this image is in dutch btu it higly sasy its NOT safe to got everyboddyedits.com some criminals could steal my acoutn information like passwords chats or creditcard info (nto that i use thtat but hey) the sever cannot confirm that this everybodyedits.com is the safetycertificate is comming from * .gitlab.io jthis coudl happen casue of a wrong config. or an attacker that takes my loading to the site

EDIT: i was in a world with 2B he asked some question ultimatily he aksed me t to use google to search forthe game that worked clicking on the right link from google lead me fine to the miansite not sure what happaned

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2019-08-15 07:41:43, last edited by St1ckS4m(EE) (2019-08-20 06:35:41)

St1ckS4m(EE)
Formerly Sticksam

That's great, but unfortunately, I cannot seem to get to the website on Internet Explorer, since it isn't as laggy as Chrome. I'm not sure why. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

Edit: A few days later and the website is still having problems.

"𝓗𝓘𝓖𝓗 𝓠𝓤𝓐𝓛𝓘𝓣𝓨" non-animated signature.
MfF1IHH.png
You know this eagle ain't lying when he can smell things miles away from him, all thanks to his super powerful sense of smell. (Idc if this image doesn't fit, lol.)
Idk what my profile icon is supposed to be, lol. Activeness: Infrequent ¯\_(º_o)_/¯
Boring fact: Used to have a 709+ daystreak, but lost it due to my memory error...and then eventually lost my 263+ daystreak, also due to my memory error. (Was I sane at that time...?)
Fun fact: If you happen to see my username or Sticksam on Twitter/x or on other sites, that's actually a different person, NOT me. I never use Twitter/x. I just wanted to clear up the confusion a bit for those who are not aware of this, lol.
I honestly know little to nothing about them when I first saw those names on the internet. XD (Might have to give myself a bit of a different nickname at some point in the future.)

#11 2019-08-15 07:43:25

peace

uh can i get some extra GM time startign from july 18 until agust 15th mine end sin 9 days and during this motnh i coudltn use it seems fair to get those ~30 days as and frre  month GM rite?

peace.png

#12 2019-08-15 08:49:26

Nebula

Now minimal website leads to 404 page.

large

Well then, congrats for bringing EE back.

Wooted by:

#13 2019-08-15 09:39:50

LukeM
Website

peace wrote:

NOT SAFE!  https://i.snag.gy/tCJlRc.jpg this image is in dutch btu it higly sasy its NOT safe to got everyboddyedits.com some criminals could steal my acoutn information like passwords chats or creditcard info (nto that i use thtat but hey) the sever cannot confirm that this everybodyedits.com is the safetycertificate is comming from * .gitlab.io jthis coudl happen casue of a wrong config. or an attacker that takes my loading to the site

EDIT: i was in a world with 2B he asked some question ultimatily he aksed me t to use google to search forthe game that worked clicking on the right link from google lead me fine to the miansite not sure what happaned

Looks like this is a problem with using www.everybodyedits.com, if you type in https://everybodyedits.com it should be fine, I'll look into fixing the www. subdomain later.

Nebula wrote:

Now minimal website leads to 404 page.

Well then, congrats for bringing EE back.

A similar thing with minimal., for now just use https://everybodyedits.com and I'll look into fixing this later

Wooted by: (2)

#14 2019-08-15 10:05:16

Anatoly

peace is Niederlande?

peace wrote:

NOT SAFE!  https://i.snag.gy/tCJlRc.jpg this image is in dutch btu it higly sasy its NOT safe to got everyboddyedits.com some criminals could steal my acoutn information like passwords chats or creditcard info (nto that i use thtat but hey) the sever cannot confirm that this everybodyedits.com is the safetycertificate is comming from * .gitlab.io jthis coudl happen casue of a wrong config. or an attacker that takes my loading to the site

Wooted by:

#15 2019-08-15 16:00:16

peace

yeah https works www. doesnt

peace.png

#16 2019-08-15 17:09:09, last edited by Anatoly (2019-08-15 17:15:15)

Anatoly

peace wrote:

yeah https works www. doesnt

https is a secure connection, always use https

(well, you can make any connection insecure like ee, but https is meant to be secure)

#17 2019-08-15 17:20:44

NoNK

What is the purpose of this thread? I thought this was a forum dedicated to mafia games.

#18 2019-08-15 20:29:19

Joeyjoey65

The entire staff team has swore to keep everything safe when it comes to personal info and when you lose that trust it’s hard to bring it back together. So I will not be returning no matter how many promises are made, sorry..

#19 2019-08-15 21:14:18

bunglybongle

lose my trust once xeno and i begin to doubt you. break my trust a second time and i never trust you again.

Wooted by: (3)

#20 2019-08-16 09:04:55, last edited by 2b55b5g (2019-08-16 09:30:40)

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Excuse me staff, but you didn't completely fix my account, and a few more problems appeared.

First of all I got the devil skull and red dragon smiley even though I didn't complete both Perpetual Frustration and Trial & Terror campaign (I might soon complete T&T but that's still an issue).
http://prntscr.com/otdjlg

Second, idk why the **** did random worlds appear, I didn't even buy them.
http://prntscr.com/otdiam , http://prntscr.com/otdiit (I'm talking about those random SMall, Medium worlds, the world Lava Dimensions [WIP] is not included)
There's much more random worlds, I just didn't include them.

Then now I'm still losing 1 page of blocks (Summer 2016 Pack, New Year 2015 deco, Halloween 2016, Spring 2016 Pack, Halloween 2015 Pack, Christmas 2016), are you sure you really rollbacked?

Finally I'm still missing my Galaxy aura, it doesn't appear even if I completed the Space Campaign.

Seriously, please fix your broken game, I'm losing faith in you, staff team.

EDIT: I got 15 gems out of nowhere but idk is that my original gem count

EDIT 2: I'm still missing many gem bought smileys (some are bought while it's still available to be bought with energy), I'm gonna list them out: Tourist, Sunburned, Lifeguard, Soda Clerk, Baseball Cap, Golfer, Slime, Swamp Creature, Werewolf, Earmuffs, Bee, Butterfly, Mummy, Ghost, Ghoul, Caroler, Christmas Soldier, Sea Captain, Pilgrim, Executioner, Leprechaun, Winter Hat, Hooded, Gargoyle, Polar Bear, Banshee, Masquerade, and Bat.

EDIT 3: I originally had like 40 of each Hologram, cake and world portals but they're gone now ;-; Also rip my npcs but I guess they don't matter (I had 100 sad and meh npcs, not sure about happy, now they turned into something like 89, idk)

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#21 2019-08-16 10:53:16

Spongelito

Me when I saw how Xeno do the first trick that brung back EE:
It's a simple spell but quite unbreakable.

Hits that yeet all day and all night
1a8d1a0b38ed2d870651225a3daa431fa1f10b3ar1-455-528v2_128.jpg

#22 2019-08-16 12:48:33

Helvi

Maybe everything was made up only - hail the ee cleansing!

Hi.

#23 2019-08-16 14:20:45

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

O M G Xeno. I lost all of my smileys such as Bunny, Pumpkin, superman, fanboy smiley which i totally had just a week before the game restored! I also need the golden trophy from the earlier contests. UGH Xeno you silly goose. I’ll be waiting for you to restore all of my items :)

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (3)

#24 2019-08-16 14:35:35

daneeko

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

O M G Xeno. I lost all of my smileys such as Bunny, Pumpkin, superman, fanboy smiley which i totally had just a week before the game restored! I also need the golden trophy from the earlier contests. UGH Xeno you silly goose. I’ll be waiting for you to restore all of my items //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

like, same

UzI5nBc.png

#25 2019-08-16 15:21:40

peace

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Excuse me staff, but you didn't completely fix my account, and a few more problems appeared.

First of all I got the devil skull and red dragon smiley even though I didn't complete both Perpetual Frustration and Trial & Terror campaign (I might soon complete T&T but that's still an issue).
http://prntscr.com/otdjlg

Second, idk why the **** did random worlds appear, I didn't even buy them.
http://prntscr.com/otdiam , http://prntscr.com/otdiit (I'm talking about those random SMall, Medium worlds, the world Lava Dimensions [WIP] is not included)
There's much more random worlds, I just didn't include them.

Then now I'm still losing 1 page of blocks (Summer 2016 Pack, New Year 2015 deco, Halloween 2016, Spring 2016 Pack, Halloween 2015 Pack, Christmas 2016), are you sure you really rollbacked?

Finally I'm still missing my Galaxy aura, it doesn't appear even if I completed the Space Campaign.

Seriously, please fix your broken game, I'm losing faith in you, staff team.

EDIT: I got 15 gems out of nowhere but idk is that my original gem count

EDIT 2: I'm still missing many gem bought smileys (some are bought while it's still available to be bought with energy), I'm gonna list them out: Tourist, Sunburned, Lifeguard, Soda Clerk, Baseball Cap, Golfer, Slime, Swamp Creature, Werewolf, Earmuffs, Bee, Butterfly, Mummy, Ghost, Ghoul, Caroler, Christmas Soldier, Sea Captain, Pilgrim, Executioner, Leprechaun, Winter Hat, Hooded, Gargoyle, Polar Bear, Banshee, Masquerade, and Bat.

EDIT 3: I originally had like 40 of each Hologram, cake and world portals but they're gone now ;-; Also rip my npcs but I guess they don't matter (I had 100 sad and meh npcs, not sure about happy, now they turned into something like 89, idk)

beh apy wiht the dragon an dthe skull lol

peace.png

Charlie59876EE1566988608760642

Board footer