Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-31 17:44:38

Anatoly

Level Security and many signs long load time solution

Since EE staff promised that the 'movement' will be updated, so you won't be able to teleport through the level, please do assume that the staff will follow their promises in this topic and do not discuss about the state of the game, but the suggestion.

Many signs = load problem. A solution: Do not load the signs' content on start, only load the content of a sign if its' in close range:

The 'Safe Sign' boolean: If enabled, ...

• you can only read the content of the sign upon being in a close range to it

• In edit mode, you can still get content of any signs if you use the correction event connection.send("getSignContent", x, y) - seems pretty good for me

And... that's actually it, but this little add-on gives us:

• faster load time on start of world

• security against bots: Want to keep a secret sign, so only some people can read it?

• Communication ability BOT - USER without need of spamming the chat box.

Good for:

• Currently something like POKER and DUDO (perudo/ pirate dice) bots are in my mind

Can also be added to:

• Portals

• If you are in a portal, automatically update the con.eventHandlerOrHoweverItWillBeCalled("m", x, y, ..) event handler

• People without edit won't know the redirect of the portal and its' ids'

• Text Block: Load content only in viewable range

• Actually all blocks in a large world. I think instead of the 'stuck' load screen players want to see (take minecraft worlds', youtube's videos or the Macs' row system: A project doesn't load all the content, it just loads it when you actually need it or are about to need it) that progress actually goes on: Teleport player to a world and load blocks on top of it: The player will actually see that the world is loading and not stuck, and this 'animation' can easily replace a loading bar.

I don't know how EE is coded right now (or EEU is).

Experts: Can you make a test client and tell us if the FPS actually raise?

#2 2019-07-31 18:29:44

PiotrGrochowski

Re: Level Security and many signs long load time solution

this will drastically change the game so hopefully your suggestion isn't for EE but for EEU!

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#3 2019-07-31 20:27:57

PiotrGrochowski

Gosha wrote:

lmao, you don't understand anything how and why the current system works. It's incredibly hard to caught people teleporting around without proper physics calculations on serverside which are very expensive to setup and maintain.
I don't understand why it would increase the fps in any way, it would only decrease it.

"caught"

what? there will be pokeballs in EEU?

I'm known as "haslo" in EE. Also, I refuse to play EEU.

#4 2019-07-31 20:29:03, last edited by Gosha (2019-07-31 20:29:34)

Gosha

You don't understand anything how and why the current system works. It's incredibly hard to caught people teleporting around without proper physics calculations on serverside which are very expensive to setup and maintain.

Anatoly wrote:

Actually all blocks in a large world. I think instead of the 'stuck' load screen players want to see (take minecraft worlds', youtube's videos or the Macs' row system: A project doesn't load all the content, it just loads it when you actually need it or are about to need it) that progress actually goes on: Teleport player to a world and load blocks on top of it: The player will actually see that the world is loading and not stuck, and this 'animation' can easily replace a loading bar.

i would understand it if ee had endless world without borders, but what's the point of loading parts of the world separately if the world is limited? it would only cause more lag.

#5 2019-08-01 20:29:07

Trytu

Anatoly wrote:

Many signs = load problem. A solution: Do not load the signs' content on start, only load the content of a sign if its' in close range:

The 'Safe Sign' boolean: If enabled, ...

• you can only read the content of the sign upon being in a close range to it

• In edit mode, you can still get content of any signs if you use the correction event connection.send("getSignContent", x, y) - seems pretty good for me

it would be great idea, but actually, then everytime, player go near the sign, server would need to give you that information,
imagine that 100 players in go near and far from sign, then server would be more overloaded than if there 100 players just join to the world with loading sign only one time

i once time played in browser voxel terrain generator, and the terrain was generating when i was in close range to the world chunk
the load time on the beggining was short, but everytime i was close to the new (not loaded) chunk noticable pause appeared
i know it's quite off topic, but i wanted to say with it that loading on the beggining isn't bad,

Anatoly wrote:

Actually all blocks in a large world. I think instead of the 'stuck' load screen players want to see (take minecraft worlds', youtube's videos or the Macs' row system: A project doesn't load all the content, it just loads it when you actually need it or are about to need it) that progress actually goes on: Teleport player to a world and load blocks on top of it: The player will actually see that the world is loading and not stuck, and this 'animation' can easily replace a loading bar.

the thing aboout seing what does game load isn't bad but it would be better if you could interact with it...
i mean interactive loading screen
just like being able to beat small offline ee minigame while on loading screen
it would cause the loading quite longer, but interactions are almost always good choice
there would be just medium size of minigame library to choose from, and then it wouldn't be boring (maybe being able to choose to not loading this interactive minigame)

4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

#6 2019-08-02 07:40:46

Anatoly

Trytu wrote:

it would be great idea, but actually, then everytime, player go near the sign, server would need to give you that information,
imagine that 100 players in go near and far from sign, then server would be more overloaded than if there 100 players just join to the world with loading sign only one time

there are no hundred players in one world

Anatoly1564728046757503

Board footer