Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-30 02:45:01

Spongelito

Has EE officially shutdown?

I've been seeing weird changes to the site and now it's just blank with small text. Did the hackers win?

Hits that yeet all day and all night
1a8d1a0b38ed2d870651225a3daa431fa1f10b3ar1-455-528v2_128.jpg

#2 2019-07-30 03:03:35

Raphe9000

Re: Has EE officially shutdown?

The original game will not be returning since the issue lies within PlayerIO, and that is an integral part to the game. EEU will fix this and should not have the same security issues. EEO will also be releasing at some point which will be the last remnant of the original game.

#3 2019-07-30 03:18:02

XxAtillaxX

Raphe9000 wrote:

The original game will not be returning since the issue lies within PlayerIO

Pure speculation. Not an established fact, zero evidence provided of this being the case and it is rather convenient.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by: (2)

#4 2019-07-30 03:22:19

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

Xeno would probably like to know this.

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

#5 2019-07-30 04:50:06

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Spongelito wrote:

It is currently still available on Kongregate. I cannot say for certain at this moment in time whether it will return on the main site or not.

Xenonetix_2.png

Wooted by:

#6 2019-07-30 05:57:50

XxAtillaxX

I don't know why Xenonetix wooted my reply above. He stated on a separate thread:

Xenonetix wrote:

As for EE at this point, it's very likely it won't be coming back online, and this is simply because it isn't viable to do so. Anything that we could do can currently just be changed and reversed by the hackers, who currently still have access to the backend of the game. We have done everything in our power to stop them, and it's now down to PIO to fix it. There is nothing more we can do, whether anyone likes it or not.

If he agrees with my statement that it is not an established fact that Player.IO is the cause of these issues and such claims are unfounded speculation, then why did he state that there's nothing more that he can do and the fault is upon Player.IO? It is contradictory, and considering Xenonetix is a self-described "Logician" I don't see why he contradicted himself here. I suppose perhaps he accidentally clicked on the woot button twice, once for mine and another for the similar reply below mine.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#7 2019-07-30 06:16:08

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

XxAtillaxX wrote:

I don't know why Xenonetix wooted my reply above.

If he agrees with my statement that it is not an established fact that Player.IO is the cause of these issues and such claims are unfounded speculation, then why did he state that there's nothing more that he can do and the fault is upon Player.IO? It is contradictory, and considering Xenonetix is a self-described "Logician" I don't see why he contradicted himself here.

Purely logical:

Raphe9000 wrote:

This is an assertion that it will not be returning, and currently, I have not lost hope that it may well still return. It's also currently still up on Kongregate, where we're still miraculously getting approximately 150-200 players a day, which I am very grateful for.

XxAtillaxX wrote:

Pure speculation. Not an established fact, zero evidence provided of this being the case and it is rather convenient.

Unless I misunderstood what you said, everything you said in your post was factual and worthy of wooting. As far as I can tell, it is "pure speculation" that "the game will not be returning". As such, it is not an established fact that it will not be returning. As you have astutely pointed out yourself, you did state that there's "zero evidence provided that this is the case", and yet you then provide some evidence that Raphe could have been referring to, potentially misunderstanding my previous statements. Not sure what was referenced in being "rather convenient", but I logically felt that the post was mostly a true reply to Raphe's post, thus warranting its woot.

You may have been completely sarcastic for all I know, but at face value, the post you made appears to be truthful.

Xenonetix_2.png

#8 2019-07-30 06:42:53, last edited by XxAtillaxX (2019-07-30 06:47:55)

XxAtillaxX

Oh, dear lord. When I stated it's rather coincidental, pure speculation and zero evidence provided, I was referring to the latter part of their post, which is that Player.IO is at fault.
I am constantly amazed and impressed at your incredible skills to logically deduct statements to the most unlikely reference point. I suppose it's a matter of being unable to get contextual clues.

I'll try to break it down for you.

"The original game will not be returning since the issue lies within PlayerIO"
In this post, there are two statements:

1) The original game will not be returning.
2) The issue lies within PlayerIO.

I disagree with the premise of the statement because the latter portion specifies that the issue lies within Player.IO.
If someone should disagree with a statement, the entirety of the statement is in question, not exclusively the first half.

You chose to ignore the second half and believe I was explicitly talking about the first half. I wish I had the capacity for these mental jujitsu reading skills.

signature.png
*u stinky*

Wooted by:

#9 2019-07-30 09:43:52

peace

RIP EE BJ6SFt.jpg

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2019-07-30 10:28:55

AllenCaspe9510
Website

I think the game was breached
unknown.png

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#11 2019-07-30 10:32:55

Different55
Forum Admin

AllenCaspe9510 wrote:

Chrome does that for all flash files. The message is nearly meaningless.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (2)

#12 2019-07-30 15:37:43

Raphe9000

Xenonetix wrote:

This is an assertion that it will not be returning, and currently, I have not lost hope that it may well still return. It's also currently still up on Kongregate, where we're still miraculously getting approximately 150-200 players a day, which I am very grateful for.

It's simply not safe for it to return. If you know what's best for the game (and you generally make choices that at least somewhat suggest that you do), you should do at least one of these three things:

1. Find a permanent fix to the issue

2. Figure out how to use a form of EE without PIO (which is what EEU is)

3. Keep it down since we can't risk it being up and people being compromised

You have already said that the only thing that could be done to bring EE back online is a fix on PlayerIO's side, and I can't say that I expect that since we're not even sure what the real issue is. So then do I trust Xeno who says it may come back but the issue is in PlayerIO or Atilla who says that the game won't come back but the issue is not within PlayerIO. It is pretty likely that the game will not be coming back, and I consider that enough to say that the original game will not be returning (as in coming back to its former state as being a game anywhere other than Kongregate since it is basically half gone, not going online since it is online via Kongregate) with the information we have available.

mrjawapa wrote:

Xeno would probably like to know this.

Xeno literally said that the only thing he can do at this point is keep EE offline for security reasons. If he can only keep the game offline, it won't be coming back. One could say that circumstances will change, but he cannot make the circumstances change since he already said that the only thing he can do besides keeping the game offline is working on EEU. He also believes the PlayerIO theory, so there's that. I know some solution could come out of thin air, but that's both unlikely to happen and unhealthy to rely on. Regardless, my point still stands.

Atilla and Xeno, I highly suggest that you two stop bickering like an old married couple. I understand you guys have resentment for each other, but you two are the two main people who have any shred of an idea of what can be happening. You two blame each other for the state EE is in, but both of you tried to prevent it from entering said state.

Xeno, you're the owner of the game and need to maintain a level of professionalism. I understand that you're angry and stressed. I have been under a constant state of debilitating stress for ten years straight, and I too would be angry if what's essentially a labor of love for a game and community I was in control of was under attack by hackers, especially since I have been in communities that have fallen for this exact reason. You've done well as the owner in my opinion, and it was a great decision to leave the game offline since things can only get worse if it is online. That being said, your relationship with Atilla is rocky at best and one based on pure hatred at worst. No matter what though, Atilla is valuable and knowledgeable; Atilla's theory is valuable and knowledgeable. Treating Atilla like a lesser member of the community just tells everyone that you can't keep a straight face, even IF you believe you are doing so. Communities are not rational, and this is a very sensitive time for this one.

Atilla, just give Xeno a break. Even if it's small, Xeno extended an olive branch by wooting your post. He essentially said that he can still see what you bring to the table instead of only who you are. Like it or not (and I know you don't), Xeno is the owner of the game. He has made mistakes of course, but he has put enough effort into the game to at least mitigate those mistakes enough to where a lot of the community still favors him. In all honesty, I actually at first perceived your post the same way Xeno did, so it could have been worded better. If you want this game to improve, offer your information to Xeno in a purely polite way. In this community, it appears that you are about as controversial as Xeno is, but I still believe that you are incredibly valuable to these discussions since you have the knowledge and experience. If you want this game to improve, you need to work with the person who is supposed to be in control of it.

You two are probably already most of the people smart enough to find some type of solution for the issue at hand with the state the community is in, and respect, kindness, and cooperation will bring you two far... even if you still after a solution does come forth. That solution may never come no matter what, but you have to put yourselves in the right conditions if you want even a chance of finding it.

#13 2019-07-30 16:12:57, last edited by Spongelito (2019-07-30 16:14:21)

Spongelito

Xenonetix wrote:
Spongelito wrote:

It is currently still available on Kongregate. I cannot say for certain at this moment in time whether it will return on the main site or not.

I think the hackers changed my username to SPONGELITOOWO as I was trying to access one of my worlds from my original acc. When the breach is fixed if it can be, is it possible to change my name back? (Also yes my world is set to friends only and I kinda forgot about it)
unknown.png

Wooted by:

#14 2019-07-30 16:38:59

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Spongelito wrote:

I think the hackers changed my username to SPONGELITOOWO

Yeah, they did that for thousands of accounts, but for now, fixed this at least.

Xenonetix_2.png

#15 2019-07-30 17:35:07

peace

cant you disable some thins so people cant have accces to for exmaple the client to bringthe gmae back xeno?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#16 2019-07-30 17:56:48

Anatoly

Wrong again. Forget the game, better work on EEU! The faster it is released the better.

Wooted by:

#17 2019-07-30 18:46:11

Spongelito

Xenonetix wrote:
Spongelito wrote:

Yeah, they did that for thousands of accounts, but for now, fixed this at least.

Did they also clear and save worlds or tamper with them in any way?

#18 2019-07-30 21:21:34

Charlie59876EE

Xenonetix wrote:
Spongelito wrote:

just curious, did they change my name? if so, what to?

When your energy refills...
mfe5hE8.png

#19 2019-07-30 21:49:59

Quitinx4
Website

Charlie59876EE wrote:
Xenonetix wrote:
Spongelito wrote:

just curious, did they change my name? if so, what to?

did they change mine too? just curious lol

I am Deca Quitin (a.k.a Quitin in EE), and I am that one Unit smiley guy.
My Discord: Deca Quitin#7446
My Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin
My EE Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin-ee
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/DecaQuitinEE
Quitin_logo_colorized_cyan_red_yellow_compressed.png

#20 2019-07-30 21:57:19

Raphe9000

I'm guessing everyone got OwO at the end of their name...

#21 2019-07-30 22:01:55, last edited by Quitinx4 (2019-07-30 22:05:36)

Quitinx4
Website

Not everyone, Raphe9000. TheTriplet and Excoluss didn't get their names changed. As far as i know from some research, Thebestgamer2 and Pandoranoss has their names changed. Now i'm pretty curious if mine got changed or no... There's a 40% odd that it could be...

I am Deca Quitin (a.k.a Quitin in EE), and I am that one Unit smiley guy.
My Discord: Deca Quitin#7446
My Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin
My EE Discord Server: dsc.gg/quitin-ee
My YouTube channel: youtube.com/DecaQuitinEE
Quitin_logo_colorized_cyan_red_yellow_compressed.png

#22 2019-07-30 22:24:43

Raphe9000

Whatevew u say OwO

#23 2019-07-31 03:06:15

CaRmAgE

Spongelito wrote:

Did they also clear and save worlds or tamper with them in any way?

One of my favorites, Kangaroo Court, which was a contest map, had all of its portals, NPCs, and double jumps removed. Most likely not the only one, either.

Did anyone happen to download that map before it got changed by the hackers? I couldn't find it in the archive list.

#24 2019-07-31 23:59:55

goblaziken

Hey so, new forum account person here, I log into EE like every day to spend my stamina stuff and stuff. I've been playing for a long long time so I recently paid for the beta blocks stuff cause I was finally able to support a game I loved. What uhhh.. is happening? is my account okay? Idk how to use it on the website redirect. This is all confusing. I don't know what's going on. I just wanna know if all the block set things I had are okay I guess.
If everything is still being handled I apologize for being pushy!

Wooted by:

#25 2019-08-01 00:10:04

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

goblaziken wrote:

Hey so, new forum account person here, I log into EE like every day to spend my stamina stuff and stuff. I've been playing for a long long time so I recently paid for the beta blocks stuff cause I was finally able to support a game I loved. What uhhh.. is happening? is my account okay? Idk how to use it on the website redirect. This is all confusing. I don't know what's going on. I just wanna know if all the block set things I had are okay I guess.
If everything is still being handled I apologize for being pushy!

Please read this thread to see if your account has been compromised. EE will be shutdown (except in kongregate) until it's secure. Here's an EE third-party discord: https://discord.gg/QT8qkBg

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:
Filip20051564656475757366

Board footer