Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-07-16 12:59:32, last edited by mutantdevle (2019-07-20 14:47:08)

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Free View Zone [EEU]

Old Version

A free view zone would be drawn out the same way you would a music zone. However, free view zones come with a special action block called a free view block. When you press Y on a free view block you will be able to move the camera (not your smiley) around the inside of the zone. The edges of the camera will not be able to go outside the edges of the zone. If, due to the placement of the free view block inside the zone, the camera edge starts outside of the zone, then the camera will not be able to move any further outside the zone but can be moved back into it. Once in, the camera will not be able to move back out again. If the player presses y again, or is otherwise moved from the block (eg, curse has killed them, the block was on a key door, timed door, etc.), the camera will snap back to view the player.

visual demonstration

I don't know whether zones will be exclusively rectangular in EEU. If they can only be rectangles (rather than defining individual blocks for zones) then the player should probably be able to link 2 zones as the same zone in order to make more complex shapes. Also, zones won't be colourful like shown in this image but instead just labelled as 'free view zone 1', 'free view zone 2', etc.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#2 2019-07-16 13:31:10

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Free View Zone [EEU]

Perhaps limit the area where your camera can travel via zones that have been mentioned in EEU
The only use case where I see this being useful is viewing a huge minigame so you have an understanding of its structure before you start playing it

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#3 2019-07-17 06:56:32

AllenCaspe9510
Website

Binoculars Block

I Animate Stuff

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif

#4 2019-07-20 14:49:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

TaskManager wrote:

Perhaps limit the area where your camera can travel via zones that have been mentioned in EEU
The only use case where I see this being useful is viewing a huge minigame so you have an understanding of its structure before you start playing it

I've rewritten the function of the suggestion because zones definitely are the way to go with this idea.

Also, I do think that people would be capable of incorporating these zones into gameplay in more creative ways than just viewing big minigames (eg, puzzles or roleplay worlds).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

mutantdevle1563630577755591

Board footer