Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-20 06:18:33

Anatoly

Invisible status

With the invisible status enabled, people won't see you in the online list and the on/offline label will always display "Invisible".

People who say 'no', please just read some advantages.

Personally I feel pretty spied out whenever I see myself on the online list. I don't want people to know if I am viewing the forums or not. You could log out and view the forums as guest, but it's annoying to log in for one post and log out.

#2 2019-06-20 14:52:02

Snowester

Re: Invisible status

My only question would be... who the hell check the online list? I don't even check them as it's pointless. I just check the activity of a forum by looking at #forums on EE server

#3 2019-06-20 23:39:12

HeyNK

No.

Anatoly wrote:

With the invisible status enabled, people won't see you in the online list and the on/offline label will always display "Invisible".

Personally I feel pretty spied out whenever I see myself on the online list. I don't want people to know if I am viewing the forums or not. You could log out and view the forums as guest, but it's annoying to log in for one post and log out.

No. Wrong. Bad. Incorrect.

The design philosophy for EE Forums, and any other video game based forum with young persons making up the majority of the audience should not solely be "What good can this feature bring about at the intended use", but also "How would it detract from the community if this feature was abused".

Pros and cons basically. Don't just look at the positive.

Pros of invis status: You can appear invisible so no one will disturb you

Cons of invis status: People who know nothing about the economy of online social dynamics (majority of EE) will seem to totally vanish from the forum by abuse of the invisible status and make posts like this which will seem to come out of nowhere unless you are an invisible status user yourself and you have the otherworldly esoteric knowledge required to know who the hell is even online at what time and who lives in what time zone.

#4 2019-06-21 01:13:54

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

You don't have to log out. You could open up a private browser instead, but that then ofc doesn't track what posts you've already read.

HeyNK wrote:

No.

Anatoly wrote:

No. Wrong. Bad. Incorrect.

The design philosophy for EE Forums, and any other video game based forum with young persons making up the majority of the audience should not solely be "What good can this feature bring about at the intended use", but also "How would it detract from the community if this feature was abused".

Pros and cons basically. Don't just look at the positive.

Pros of invis status: You can appear invisible so no one will disturb you

Cons of invis status: People who know nothing about the economy of online social dynamics (majority of EE) will seem to totally vanish from the forum by abuse of the invisible status and make posts like this which will seem to come out of nowhere unless you are an invisible status user yourself and you have the otherworldly esoteric knowledge required to know who the hell is even online at what time and who lives in what time zone.

No.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

Tomahawk1561076034753341

Board footer