Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-06-12 08:19:10, last edited by jjoj (2019-06-12 08:47:30)

jjoj
Website

[RELEASE] TNP Api Search thing

I basically built this as an easier/nicer looking way of searching the EE API released by LRussell

Link (With Code) (Goes To Repl.it)

Link (Just Use Me) (Also Goes To Repl.it)

Github

Screencaps

Let me know what you think should be added to it. And definately let me know if you find any bugs //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Future Plans
Edit

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.” SEQ. 75 - “INTRO TO BARRY” INT. BENSON HOUSE - DAY ANGLE ON: Sneakers on the ground. Camera PANS UP to reveal BARRY BENSON’S BEDROOM ANGLE ON: Barry’s hand flipping through different sweaters in his closet. BARRY Yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black...oohh, black and yellow... ANGLE ON: Barry wearing the sweater he picked, looking in the mirror. BARRY (CONT’D) Yeah, let’s shake it up a little. He picks the black and yellow one. He then goes to the sink, takes the top off a CONTAINER OF HONEY, and puts some honey into his hair. He squirts some in his mouth and gargles. Then he takes the lid off the bottle, and rolls some on like deodorant. CUT TO: INT. BENSON HOUSE KITCHEN - CONTINUOUS Barry’s mother, JANET BENSON, yells up at Barry. JANET BENSON Barry, breakfast is ready! CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 1. INT. BARRY’S ROOM - CONTINUOUS BARRY Coming! SFX: Phone RINGING. Barry’s antennae vibrate as they RING like a phone. Barry’s hands are wet. He looks around for a towel. BARRY (CONT’D) Hang on a second! He wipes his hands on his sweater, and pulls his antennae down to his ear and mouth. BARRY (CONT"D) Hello? His best friend, ADAM FLAYMAN, is on the other end. ADAM Barry? BARRY Adam? ADAM Can you believe this is happening? BARRY Can’t believe it. I’ll pick you up. Barry sticks his stinger in a sharpener. SFX: BUZZING AS HIS STINGER IS SHARPENED. He tests the sharpness with his finger. SFX: Bing. BARRY (CONT’D) Looking sharp. ANGLE ON: Barry hovering down the hall, sliding down the staircase bannister. Barry’s mother, JANET BENSON, is in the kitchen. JANET BENSON Barry, why don’t you use the stairs? Your father paid good money for

#2 2019-06-15 17:23:19

capasha

Re: [RELEASE] TNP Api Search thing

As you knew Python earlier I must say that you have made a good job. I love to see new programmers on this forum that have something to do with EE of course.
I can't find any bugs in your code, not that I "can" Python, but I understand a bit of it. I hope you continues on programming. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/wink

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2019-06-15 20:23:19, last edited by Snowester (2019-06-15 20:24:31)

Snowester

Wait you got the list of every smiley name and ID too? Can I have one kek

Should've check the smilies.png at the repl.it and it's in json which is easier for me, tysm //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Wooted by:

#4 2019-06-15 22:04:10

Pqwerty

I have a lot of stuff to say about this.

1. It's very cool. I liked the fact that you can see every user who is online and I didn't know you could do that.
2. I found 2 bugs (a moth and a grasshopper) in your code. IsGold returns None if the person doesn't have a gold membership, not false (I checked it out by printing out data['IsGold']). This makes everyone come up as a Gold Member even if they aren't. The fix would be to change "if data['IsGold'] != False:" (on line 131) to "if data['IsGold'] != None:". Also, _Level doesn't work for some reason. It keeps sending "None" even if people are in a level. I don't think that's your fault though -- might be the API.
3. I think it's very lewd that when it asks "What do you want to do?" that I have to respond "u".
4. Keep up the good work. I really like this.

Wooted by:

#5 2019-06-16 06:15:21

jjoj
Website

capasha wrote:

As you knew Python earlier I must say that you have made a good job. I love to see new programmers on this forum that have something to do with EE of course.
I can't find any bugs in your code, not that I "can" Python, but I understand a bit of it. I hope you continues on programming. ;)

Thank you and I fully plan to continue, I've actually already made a basic UI for this program. :D

Growler wrote:

Wait you got the list of every smiley name and ID too? Can I have one kek
Should've check the smilies.png at the repl.it and it's in json which is easier for me, tysm :D

lol I parsed this page (ee wiki) for the smilies, although it is a bit outdated now, missing a few.

Pqwerty wrote:

I have a lot of stuff to say about this.

1. It's very cool. I liked the fact that you can see every user who is online and I didn't know you could do that.
2. I found 2 bugs (a moth and a grasshopper) in your code. IsGold returns None if the person doesn't have a gold membership, not false (I checked it out by printing out data['IsGold']). This makes everyone come up as a Gold Member even if they aren't. The fix would be to change "if data['IsGold'] != False:" (on line 131) to "if data['IsGold'] != None:". Also, _Level doesn't work for some reason. It keeps sending "None" even if people are in a level. I don't think that's your fault though -- might be the API.
3. I think it's very lewd that when it asks "What do you want to do?" that I have to respond "u".
4. Keep up the good work. I really like this.

1.) Thanks, i figured some people might like that feature, I honestly can't believe LRussel's API isn't used more often for it lol.
2.) The IsGold problem seemed to happen after gold membership ran out and what not but is now fixed. And for _Level I realized that that is a legacy thing just left in the database and I removed it completely from the code.
3.) I suppose it is a little lewd but oh well lol.
4.) Thanks, I really appreciate that :)

And now.. I have made a GUI for this 'app', The link is here (Repl.It)
Once again: please let me know if you find any bugs :)

See ya soon!

According to all known laws of aviation, there is no way that a bee should be able to fly. Its wings are too small to get its fat little body off the ground. The bee, of course, flies anyway. Because bees don’t care what humans think is impossible.” SEQ. 75 - “INTRO TO BARRY” INT. BENSON HOUSE - DAY ANGLE ON: Sneakers on the ground. Camera PANS UP to reveal BARRY BENSON’S BEDROOM ANGLE ON: Barry’s hand flipping through different sweaters in his closet. BARRY Yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black, yellow black...oohh, black and yellow... ANGLE ON: Barry wearing the sweater he picked, looking in the mirror. BARRY (CONT’D) Yeah, let’s shake it up a little. He picks the black and yellow one. He then goes to the sink, takes the top off a CONTAINER OF HONEY, and puts some honey into his hair. He squirts some in his mouth and gargles. Then he takes the lid off the bottle, and rolls some on like deodorant. CUT TO: INT. BENSON HOUSE KITCHEN - CONTINUOUS Barry’s mother, JANET BENSON, yells up at Barry. JANET BENSON Barry, breakfast is ready! CUT TO: "Bee Movie" - JS REVISIONS 8/13/07 1. INT. BARRY’S ROOM - CONTINUOUS BARRY Coming! SFX: Phone RINGING. Barry’s antennae vibrate as they RING like a phone. Barry’s hands are wet. He looks around for a towel. BARRY (CONT’D) Hang on a second! He wipes his hands on his sweater, and pulls his antennae down to his ear and mouth. BARRY (CONT"D) Hello? His best friend, ADAM FLAYMAN, is on the other end. ADAM Barry? BARRY Adam? ADAM Can you believe this is happening? BARRY Can’t believe it. I’ll pick you up. Barry sticks his stinger in a sharpener. SFX: BUZZING AS HIS STINGER IS SHARPENED. He tests the sharpness with his finger. SFX: Bing. BARRY (CONT’D) Looking sharp. ANGLE ON: Barry hovering down the hall, sliding down the staircase bannister. Barry’s mother, JANET BENSON, is in the kitchen. JANET BENSON Barry, why don’t you use the stairs? Your father paid good money for

jjoj1560662121752466

Board footer