Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#301 2019-05-11 14:28:08

peace

Re: Mafia 24 [Crybaby wins]

zumza wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

!vote mutantdevle

If mutantdevle = scum, kirby = scum. That's is very like to appen. Also I'm suspicious of diff of being a cop. If diff = cop, luka = scum.

Where did this cop thing got out from? Did I lost my focus on something?

mutantdevle wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

Devlin, may I ask what your criteria for determining which people are trustworthy? Looking at the people you don't consider lynch candidates, I'm starting to see a pattern: Most of them barely contribute, or even post for that matter.
Kirby has four posts, three of which are ****, yet he's earned your trust?
It's suspicious how the people you consider lynch candidates are fairly active and at least trying to contribute.

Ever heard of the phrase quantity over quality?

Being active in a game doesn't make you town. Just look at myself and Anatoly last game. Likewise, being inactive doesn't make you mafia. In all the people I've not mentioned as desired lynch targets I've seen at least 1 post that has made me think "Hmm, yeah, I think that comes from the mindset of someone who is town". On the other hand, everyone I did mention either has yet to have any posts like that, or has made at least 1 post that has made me think the opposite.

mrjawapa wrote:

How has anyone else done anything to make you trust them

Please break it down for me

I'd actually like to keep the reasons that I excluded people from that list closer to my chest considering that some of my reasoning comes from the thought wave of "that's how I'd expect someone with town role X to be behaving", however, I could tell you the reasons why I listed the people that I did:

NorwegianboyEE - not active enough. However, I must say that on isolating his posts and reading what he's had to say, I do like him a lot better. But at the time of writing that post, none of what he had said had stuck with me.
mrjawapa - despite being active, he is yet to do or say anything that I consider to be particularly indicative that he is town.
Zumza - not active enough.
2B55B5G TNG - his behaviour this game seems to contrast heavily against the previous one. He doesn't strike me as having nearly as much enthusiasm or desire to solve the game. In my opinion, he's a lot more cautious here. I don't think that's coming from a burnout. His hesitance makes me suspect that he is scum.
Luka504 - despite being active, he is yet to do or say anything that I consider to be particularly indicative that he is town.
ILikeTofuuJoe - not active enough.

Yes, some of the people that I haven't listed could very much be considered 'not active enough'. The difference is though that they have said things that has made me trust them enough to want to see them live another day.

*note: this is all a justification of why I put these people on that list when I wrote that list. I've skim read a lot of the new posts before writing this one and already my opinions have somewhat changed.

where does this comes from?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#302 2019-05-11 14:28:19

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Ahhh why does everything happen while I’m asleep

I’m not gonna type what I think of everyone on mobile, so I’ll do it when I get on a computer

As for me not saying much, I usually prefer to not say much when I don’t have anything of value to say

suddenly random sig change

#303 2019-05-11 14:31:41

peace

EDIT: i **** dup my pist forget teh first quote

zumza wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

!vote mutantdevle

If mutantdevle = scum, kirby = scum. That's is very like to appen. Also I'm suspicious of diff of being a cop. If diff = cop, luka = scum.

mutantdevle wrote:

If Kirby = town, mutantdevle = town.

peace.png

#304 2019-05-11 14:55:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

EDIT: i **** dup my pist forget teh first quote

zumza wrote:
ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:

!vote mutantdevle

mutantdevle wrote:

Yeah, the format of what he said mirrored what I said but Zumza was questioning why ILikeTofuuJoe thinks diff is the cop. Personally, I don't think he has any greater reason for thinking Diff is the cop and, instead, it's just an assessment that Diff seemed to think that specifically Luka should be killed which could hint at Diff being a cop with a guilty on Luka.

Though, bringing this back into my mind does make me question why ILikeTofuuJoe would point out that he thinks Diff is the cop. Surely, if you knew who the cop was you wouldn't want to point that out to the mafia?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#305 2019-05-11 15:12:13

peace

mutantdevle wrote:

Surely, if you knew who the cop was you wouldn't want to point that out to the mafia?

then maby he is mafia?

peace.png

#306 2019-05-11 15:53:22

Slabdrill
Formerly 12345678908642
Website

Just a few observations on each person. It's still probably not that useful but it's just another opinion on things

Hidden text

suddenly random sig change

#307 2019-05-11 16:17:30

Different55
Forum Admin

Hey hi I don't actually think Luka is scum (well actually maybe), I'm not a cop. But I think lynching statistically-likely-to-be-townies just because they're not the best players is a dumb tactic. Even if you do get rid of low quality players, the chance of any of them being mafia isn't higher than any other randomly chosen player. We should be looking at people's actual behavior to find scum, not killing off random players because we don't like them regardless of their actual role.

And since peace has said they were protected last night, I think we should really be focusing on figuring that out. That's a super valuable bit of info. In a lot of games, night actions only return info to the user. We now have a chunk of valuable info about the mafia and doc/roleblock/whatever role without endangering the doc. We should take advantage of that.

Since only one person died last night, it seems like somebody tried and failed to kill peace. Doc should absolutely stay silent and we should probably be looking at who would want to kill peace. Actually agreeing with Luka for a moment, peace isn't the most skilled player so if maf tried to take them out, it was probably for personal rather than strategic reasons. Which actually points me back in the direction of Luka again since he seems to love to make things personal (unless faking personal reasons was a strategic move to point us exactly in that direction).

Sorry I haven't been active, been busy with graduation stuff for sis so it's been hard to do much more than lurk. After today (IRL day, not in-game day) things should be back to normal for me.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#308 2019-05-11 16:52:54

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Oh for the Zumza thing, it’s now post #294. I think the mods merged some posts.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#309 2019-05-11 17:26:11

peace

Different55 wrote:

Hey hi I don't actually think Luka is scum (well actually maybe), I'm not a cop. But I think lynching statistically-likely-to-be-townies just because they're not the best players is a dumb tactic. Even if you do get rid of low quality players, the chance of any of them being mafia isn't higher than any other randomly chosen player. We should be looking at people's actual behavior to find scum, not killing off random players because we don't like them regardless of their actual role.

And since peace has said they were protected last night, I think we should really be focusing on figuring that out. That's a super valuable bit of info. In a lot of games, night actions only return info to the user. We now have a chunk of valuable info about the mafia and doc/roleblock/whatever role without endangering the doc. We should take advantage of that.

Since only one person died last night, it seems like somebody tried and failed to kill peace. Doc should absolutely stay silent and we should probably be looking at who would want to kill peace. Actually agreeing with Luka for a moment, peace isn't the most skilled player so if maf tried to take them out, it was probably for personal rather than strategic reasons. Which actually points me back in the direction of Luka again since he seems to love to make things personal (unless faking personal reasons was a strategic move to point us exactly in that direction).

Sorry I haven't been active, been busy with graduation stuff for sis so it's been hard to do much more than lurk. After today (IRL day, not in-game day) things should be back to normal for me.

the night action raimat pmed me did not say someone tried to kill me and failed it didn tinclude any word of attack just a proection so im not sure what actually happaned

peace.png

#310 2019-05-11 18:21:53

Luka504

My PC is really wonky for some reason so I have to play exclusively on phone. Thisll get annoying for me quick. Sorry for bad formatting or weird wording.
@Devlin
Did you mean to say "quality over quantity"? I do agree that people should focus on making higher quality posts instead of a mountain of useless garble, but I don't feel like some of the people you trust (Kirby and slabdrill) have done enough to justify earning it.
Neither of them made any ground breaking discoveries to suggest their posts are any higher quality than yours or mine, and as established before, they dont have many posts either.
They lack in quality and quantity. It's a lot easier to get away with lies and deception when you post the barest minimum possible. That's why I think slab shouldn't be trusted so easily. Maybe you might think he isn't scum, but I don't think he's a townie just yet.
This is why I question the usefullness of your "people to lynch" list.
However, your reply to norwegianboy is really well done, and I'll have to reread some of the things he's said now that I'm thinking about it. I'm still not sure what to think of you - you could be town, you could be scum. I need more info before deciding.

@Diff
Yes you're right, peace doesn't have any less of a chance of being scum than anyone else, and that's the whole point. Peace is just as likely to be mafia as anyone else, with the added bonus that if we make an error, we'll only lose a low level player.
I wouldn't say I dislike peace - though I do understand why you believe I do. I did dislike him in the past, but I've grown to just ignore him and move on with my day (Heck, even in this game I instinctively dismiss anything he says, even when I shouldn't). I have more of a neutral opinion on him outside of the game now. However, that doesn't change the fact that he's not likely to help the town, and if we don't have better targets, he'll make a good substitute.
In fact, considering everything that transpired since my vote, I'll just:
!unlynch
Anyway, diff, even though we may disagree, I personally think of you as town for the time being.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#311 2019-05-11 18:26:34

Zumza

!vote ILikeTofuuJoe let's see where this takes us.

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

Wooted by:

#312 2019-05-11 18:42:15

Luka504

Albeit, diff doesn't have a whole lot of posts either, but iirc he got replaced in, so it's a bit more understandable.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#313 2019-05-11 19:04:04

Kirby

can we get a votecount?

rereading through the thread, i really can't find a reason a doc would protect peace tbh, unless it was just a random N1 action

other than that I don't really have an opinion on a vote yet. Maxi got into a fake argument with norboy D1, then voted (and unvoted) but greenymix and anatoly, both of which are no longer in game. I'm leaning towards a norboy vote but i'm very unsure for now

#314 2019-05-11 21:13:30

peace

Zumza wrote:

!vote ILikeTofuuJoe let's see where this takes us.

alright ima !vote iliketofuujoe too
reaaon:

peace wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:

Surely, if you knew who the cop was you wouldn't want to point that out to the mafia?

then maby he is mafia?

i wasnt sur eso i didnt vote yet but now hteres a vote on him lets vote too

peace.png

#315 2019-05-11 21:44:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Luka504 wrote:

Did you mean to say "quality over quantity"? I do agree that people should focus on making higher quality posts instead of a mountain of useless garble, but I don't feel like some of the people you trust (Kirby and slabdrill) have done enough to justify earning it.

Yeah, I only just realised I posted it the wrong way round //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

What I will say is that I'm not really looking at posts and thinking "are they contributing?" I'm more thinking "what is the motivation behind them saying this?". All that list took was just 1 post that I concluded "town would say this" or "scum wouldn't say this", with no other posts that conclude the opposite, for me to exclude people from it.

peace wrote:

i wasnt sur eso i didnt vote yet but now hteres a vote on him lets vote too

Yeah I'd be willing to vote him. However, I want to keep my vote on norweiganboy at least until he replies.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#316 2019-05-11 22:36:58

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Different55 wrote:

You're totally right. We probably should have been analysing this situation a lot more than just being a bit suspicious of peace so I'm going to look more into the night events now:

I think that the first thing we need to figure out is, was it the mafia or the SK that tried to kill peace? I highly doubt anyone would view peace as a threat to them, so because of that, I think it was the SK. The only person the SK is playing for is themself. As a result, they are more likely to be personally motivated. On the other hand, the mafia are more team orientated. It's more unlikely that they'd make odd kill choices like peace unless there was some strategic motivation behind it. The main exception to this is if the 'leader' of the mafia heavily demands that peace be killed. To clarify, by 'leader', I simply mean the most vocal member of the mafia team. There tends to be 1 person calling the shots whilst the other 2 are content with standard input (I find that mafia teams tend to form better when everyone is vocal rather than just individuals). I don't think that anyone here has that much of a hatred towards peace to be able to overpower the opinion of their teammates, so I'm going with a strong guess that it was the SK that tried to kill peace.

With that established, we now know 2 things about the enemy factions. 1) The SK valued killing peace (presumably to increase their enjoyment of the game) over making a strategic kill. 2) The mafia thought that taskmanager was the optimal kill.

Let's look at the SK first. Here are the people who I think are unlikely to want to kill peace (pretty much solely based on their attitudes towards him on the forums):
NorwegianboyEE, Different55, Zumza, peace (obviously), 2B55B5G TNG, mutantdevle, Kirby, Slabdrill & ILikeTofuuJoe.

Jawapa, Onjit and Luka (in my opinion) I think would all have some sort of motivation to kill peace if they were a SK. The motivations could range from not liking peace to just finding him even slightly annoying or maybe they'd perform such a kill simply because they think it would be funny.

Next, let's look at the mafia. Which individuals would see value in killing taskmanager? The most obvious way to answer this question would be to look at what taskmanager's opinions were when he was alive. The only 2 people he ever had a disagreement with were Anatoly and NorwegianboyEE. I think that by the end of day 1 his issues with both of those 2 were resolved. To be honest, upon reading his posts in isolation, I don't think that anything taskmanger said will help us figure out why the mafia would want him dead. Instead, I think that we again have to look at those who hold a high enough opinion of taskmanager. And... that's pretty much everyone. So no help there. Finally, I just CTRL+F-ed through day 1 to try and read if anyone mentions taskmanager in a way that could suggest motive for wanting him dead. Unfortunately, pretty much no one mentioned him outside of **** posts. In conclusion, I don't think there is anything we can learn from taskmanager's death - which may be why they killed him.

This, of course, all assumes that peace isn't lying to us about being protected. There's plausible reasoning for why someone might want him dead, but I don't see much of a reason for someone to go out of their way to protect him. The only reason I can think of is if someone had a lucky guess that peace would be targetted for his demeanour. But either way, if peace is lying, then I'm sure that would be exposed eventually.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#317 2019-05-11 22:50:06

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Whilst writing my prvious post I was thinking more and more about how I don't think that I will survive the night without the protection of the doctor. With the knowledge that we have a doctor that protected peace of all people, I think that both the mafia and the SK would be more confident in trying to kill me. And upon thinking about that, I remembered something. The mafia has a role cop. If they didn't want to kill me night 1, then I don't see any situation in which they didn't check my role. They only way they didn't is if they got role blocked. So I'm fairly certain that the mafia knows my role. As a result, I don't think I have any reason to keep my role a secret.

I'm the cop.

Kirby is town.

I hope that clears up to anyone why I magically trusted Kirby. After all:

mutantdevle wrote:

Only the first line there wasn't a ****.

mutantdevle wrote:

I have no idea why people took that so seriously and tried to analyse it like I had put any degree of thought into it beyond the first line.

I don't for a moment believe any of the other 5/6 statements that I made in that post. Aka:

mutantdevle wrote:

It was 86% **** //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

So with my claim being out there, I'd like to say 3 things:

1. @Doctor: please protect me every single night from now on. That way, you basically give me invincibility until you die.
2. I'm now going to listen to others on who they think I should check during the night. That way, we can find out people's alignments without the risk of losing their contribution.
3. Is there anyone who'd specifically like me to investigate them so that they can share confirmed town status with both me and Kirby?

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#318 2019-05-11 23:13:22

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

You know... i don’t buy Mutantdevle’s claim for a second. He could very be the role cop. How very convenient that would be for him. He can "investigate" those who want to prove to their lord and saviour Mutantdevle that they are townies so they can join his exclusive "townie club". Not to mention that he literally demands the doctor to protect him EACH night. Wouldn’t that be very handy? The doctor could potentially be protecting a mafia member each night while the mafia group get’s stronger and can use the time given by the ruse to identify one of their biggest threats, the serial killer.
Believe what you wish townsmen. Perhaps he really is genuine, but i’m not going to hold my breath.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#319 2019-05-11 23:18:43

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

And yes. That was the end of the straw for me.
!lynch Mutantdevle

Wooted by:

#320 2019-05-11 23:22:25

Kirby

literally what

!vote norwegianboy

Wooted by:

#321 2019-05-11 23:24:48

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

PFhHTK3.png

I like how instead of replying to my criticisms of you you've decided to dig your own grave. I was giving you the benefit of the doubt earlier when I saw you on the forums but not replying in the thread, I thought that you just didn't have time.

It's time for you to die.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#322 2019-05-11 23:29:40

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I was in fact, working on your humongous reply. But i couldn’t ignore this. Why would you investigate Kirby if you were really a cop? I believe you are attempting some very dirty tactics. You’re definitely my prime suspect now.

#323 2019-05-11 23:32:35

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Also (damn double post again), why would you reveal your power role so early in the game? That’s just dumb.

#324 2019-05-11 23:34:03

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Oh ****... I just remembered why I wasn't claiming...

**** mafia roleblocker fml.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#325 2019-05-11 23:35:20

Zumza

Incredible!

Everybody edits, but some edit more than others

peace1558678879751034

Board footer