Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2019-05-06 16:29:48

imtheybxter
New Member
Joined: 2019-05-06
Posts: 3

Bots in EE

I only have one question: are they "legal" to use? Because I want and need to use one in a map //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

Offline

#2 2019-05-06 16:46:57

Latif
Member
From: The Netherlands
Joined: 2015-03-13
Posts: 1,184

Re: Bots in EE

If you don't abuse it to spam chats or whatever it's fine. A snake bot or another type of game you can make with a bot is always good, or something like EEditor.

Offline

#3 2019-05-06 16:47:19

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,831
Website

Re: Bots in EE

Depends what you're doing, there are exceptions but usually its fine if its in your own world, and not if its not (any you don't have the permission of the world owner)

Offline

#4 2019-05-06 16:53:08

Piotrek
Member
Joined: 2019-01-04
Posts: 10

Re: Bots in EE

It's best to use proven popular bots.


unknown.png?width=400&height=153

Offline

Wooted by:

#5 2019-05-06 17:00:14

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,831
Website

Re: Bots in EE

Piotrek wrote:

It's best to use proven popular bots.

Just to clarify slightly, the problem is entering your account details to untrusted bots, theres a chance that they could record your login details or misuse your account.

Offline

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2019-05-06 17:34:31

imtheybxter
New Member
Joined: 2019-05-06
Posts: 3

Re: Bots in EE

LukeM wrote:

Depends what you're doing, there are exceptions but usually its fine if its in your own world, and not if its not (any you don't have the permission of the world owner)

The idea was to add a bot which spawns spikes (which move in one/several direction/s) when a player click the... space, for example, and then dissapear when reach a specific block ^^. I dont think this bot could be considered as a "cheat" or "spam". //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Really the bots do "spam" on their own way.

Offline

#7 2019-05-06 17:40:01

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,831
Website

Re: Bots in EE

imtheybxter wrote:
LukeM wrote:

The idea was to add a bot which spawns spikes (which move in one/several direction/s) when a player click the... space, for example, and then dissapear when reach a specific block ^^. I dont think this bot could be considered as a "cheat" or "spam". //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue
Really the bots do "spam" on their own way.

Yeah, thats probably fine then //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Offline

#8 2019-05-06 17:55:10

Anatoly
Member
From: Germany, Bavaria, Munich
Joined: 2015-07-31
Posts: 6,338

Re: Bots in EE

Bots are legal

Selfbots aren't

Oh, wait...

Nevermind, we're not on discord.


Best regards,
y51lcgx.png
Graphics | Signatures
Anatoly.

Offline

#9 2019-05-06 19:36:35

imtheybxter
New Member
Joined: 2019-05-06
Posts: 3

Re: Bots in EE

Anatoly wrote:

Bots are legal

Selfbots aren't

Oh, wait...

Nevermind, we're not on discord.

You ok? Wanna talk about it? xD

Offline

#10 2019-05-07 10:01:21, last edited by capasha (2019-05-07 10:02:02)

capasha
Member
Joined: 2015-02-21
Posts: 3,802

Re: Bots in EE

imtheybxter wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Bots are legal

Selfbots aren't

Oh, wait...

Nevermind, we're not on discord.

You ok? Wanna talk about it? xD

Don't listen to anatoly. This is fine with this bot. You can use it or make it.
Lukem which is admin answered your questions. If it's fine from him then it's ok.

Offline

Wooted by: (2)
capasha1557219681748922

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1568651161.464 - Generated in 0.029 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.37 MiB (Peak: 1.52 MiB) ]