Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-05-01 08:04:19, last edited by Anatoly (2019-05-01 12:23:25)

Anatoly

Idea for a Mafia BAL, but missing some required features

Hey, I think to continue with bot writing, once, when, if EEU comes out, but, to prevent rule breaking:

• Disable chat for specific people

• Disable PMs in total

Ah yes and

• Delete other's messages

#2 2019-05-01 14:21:35

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Re: Idea for a Mafia BAL, but missing some required features

Sounds like tyranny. People won't like it.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#3 2019-05-01 14:35:15

Anatoly

Tomahawk wrote:

Sounds like tyranny. People won't like it.

If the owner of the world trolls his own level, while people play, is also tyranny.

people will just leave the world if they don't like it,

Also suggesting

Enable spy mode

when you enter the world you get warned.

the owner may see all PMs

#4 2019-05-01 14:43:36

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Anatoly wrote:

Stop. You're making it worse.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#5 2019-05-01 14:50:50, last edited by Tomahawk (2019-05-01 17:40:06)

mrjawapa
Corn Man 🌽
Website

Anatoly wrote:

That defeats the purpose of PMs.

Anatoly wrote:

people will just leave the world game if they don't like it,

fixed that for you

Discord: jawp#5123

Wooted by:

rat

#6 2019-05-01 15:04:09

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

have you tried playing town of salem instead

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#7 2019-05-01 15:12:58

Raphe9000

Anatoly, the problem with your suggestions is that you generally think of a very specific application that is good in one way, but the use is still broad enough to be used negatively. I'll try to help you here:
Team chat, and team visibility.

Team chat means you may only chat with your team. It could come with an option where you could also only see chat from your team. Either setting could work alone too, but having both would help a lot.
Team visibility would be owner-only would come with two settings:

• You can only see if someone is on a team and what team they're on if they are on your team. You can also only see if they have effects like health, zombie, curse, or poison if they're on your team.

• You can only see your team and your effects, even if other players have effects that show to all like the aforementioned or if they're on your team. This will also apply to you, so not even people w/o team visibility can see your team.

Anyone with god mode or edit mode could see team chat but not join unless they are that team as well.

Disabling PMs in a world makes sense though because it would apply to everything and would work well in more than one situation. RPGs and Mafia could work with this. If a code is used and PMs are off, no conversing about trolling or giving the code to a friend without people knowing. Owner could still communicate with signs and stuff but could also not PM. Staff could PM still if necessary.

Team chat would make teams seem more like what they're supposed to be... teams. People with god mode can spectate stuff freely. People with edit can make sure no gamethrowing or other types of cheating happen whilst not being able to push people around. Team visibility takes some good things from the highly-suggested solitary effect whilst keeping the game clearly multiplayer since people and their chat still remain, but things can be split into groups whilst some people get certain info whilst others don't. This makes mafia easy to run with someone moderating, and things like RPGs or PVP worlds (which are vastly lacking in EE) would gain many tools.

Are these perfect? No, but it's better to be good at 5 things than perfect at one. Will they bed added? My money's on no, but what do I know? Still, I think these give you what you want whilst opening doors to new ideas that help the game instead of harming it.

Wooted by:

#8 2019-05-01 15:51:15

Anatoly

Okay what about chat channels?

#9 2019-05-01 16:47:33

Koya
Fabulous Member

That sounds like such a niche usage case for those features to be added

Po9cnQh.png

PLNQVL8.png
Thank you eleizibeth ^

1SYOldu.png

I stack my signatures rather than delete them so I don't lose them
giphy.gif

WfSi4mm.png

#10 2019-05-01 18:27:48

Raphe9000

Anatoly wrote:

Okay what about chat channels?

Chat channels probably don't have much of a need to come to EE itself which is why team chat would be your best solution. It would be easily integrated with no new UI or anything and would have broad usage across multiple player-dependent worlds like RPGs, Co-op worlds, games like this, PVP, etc.. Not saying team chat wouldn't, but it is more mainstream and would fulfill most needs without changing a big part of how the game works. I will say I would love for EEU to separate chat into Global, World, and Friends/Crew Exclusive chats, but that's likely a pipe dream for what is only relatively recently no longer a pipe dream.

Koya makes a perfect example here, and even if you disagree, you should acknowledge her viewpoint and try to use it as a lesson. Your topic is literally focusing on a single game that a few people play. If you broaden your ideas, you can convince a lot of people. I'd recommend that big things have at least 3 good advantages for the game.

Clearing chat globally is a good thing, but deleting individual messages is Orwellian.

Disabling PMs can be good, but explain why. Like I said, RPGs, worlds with codes, and even other worlds like puzzles on top of mafia can benefit. If anything, format your post in the opposite way. Instead of this format:
1. What niche things you want the new stuff for; 2. Why the stuff should be added; 3. What the stuff is,
Use on like this: 1. What the stuff is or what should be changed; 2. What it can help improve or add and why it should be added; 3. Bigger yet nicher things the new stuff could be used for.

That's the format I try to use or adapt. I'm not saying I'm a good suggester, but I try to convince people and staff.

Maybe your post is: "Make teams act like real teams"
You suggest: "Team chat blocks and team visibility blocks"
You explain what they do and how they work for RPGs, enhance single-player experiences without providing isolation and therefore being a good compromise between the two, make older world-types easier to maintain, neither break the game nor make each world a simulation of North Korea, and add tons of possibilities to every world that uses teams as actual teams.
You then say something along the lines of: "Finally, all of these together could even enable Mafia and other complicated games in Everybody Edits." Instead of giving the owner tons of power, explain how the owner can get away with doing less.

Still always remember that people often make the mistake of either suggesting a single block that can be replicated with a few blocks or something that does something so specific that it only has one use. If you broaden a suggestion that works perfectly for one thing, you may get something that works really well for everything.

#11 2019-05-01 20:24:02

mikelolsuperman
Website

Anatoly wrote:

Name 1 good use for this. The only thing I can think of is 'Oh hey look they try talking in private let's listen to it' which is only 'fun' for the owner and could mess with people's privacy. Say you and a good friend of yours talk about something private from your personal life. Then the owner turns on spy mode and you get a warning in the middle of sending the pm that may contain personal information. The owner finds out and, if you're lucky, does nothing with it but he might tell his friends and they tell their friends and then everyone knows a negative or personal thing about you that you only trusted 1 person with. A different way is if you play a game where you need to work together against other people in a 2 versus 2 map or whatever then the owner has a big advantage if they can read the pm of the other team.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#12 2019-05-01 20:41:57

peace

maby some way to disable PM if ur in an centrain area you can tpm wiht poeple in this area but you can wih tpeople outside of it (incase a friend joins)

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1556739717748275

Board footer