Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-04-12 19:09:02

Schlog

Re: Would anyone be interested in a game of Mafia?

ill play

#27 2019-04-12 19:14:18

Processor

ill play

I have never thought of programming for reputation and honor. What I have in my heart must come out. That is the reason why I code.

#28 2019-04-12 19:25:05

Anatoly

ill play

(If luka won’t)

#29 2019-04-12 21:57:14, last edited by Joeyc (2019-04-12 21:59:32)

Joeyc

Anatoly wrote:

ill play

(If luka won’t)

unsporting for someone to tell another not to play from their own opinions

ill play

(if anatoly doesnt)

#30 2019-04-12 22:07:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Oh yeah.
Please do remember that anatoly was modkilled in mafia 13 and luka was partially throwing that game too (but he doesn't seem to be willing to play anyway).

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#31 2019-04-12 23:09:24

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Onjit, tbh the bread faction looks unfairly hard to win. I'd either remove it or change it to 2 bread and give them a PT together. That way they can actively help each other to stay alive (at least during the day phase).

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (2)

#32 2019-04-13 02:55:46

Onjit
Website

mutantdevle wrote:

Onjit, tbh the bread faction looks unfairly hard to win. I'd either remove it or change it to 2 bread and give them a PT together. That way they can actively help each other to stay alive (at least during the day phase).

Yeah I think that's fair, its a bit harsh to have it so if they lose one player, they basically lose

I think the thing that's interesting about it is that neither the town or mafia are really affected by what the bread faction does, so theyre effectively a series of neutral votes that can go whichever way benefits them.

I think having them know the other breads and having a PT would be an improvement? Also maybe making it so not as many are needed to be at the end to win (maybe even only needing one bread)?

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#33 2019-04-13 06:32:18

Anatoly

TaskManager wrote:

Oh yeah.
Please do remember that anatoly was modkilled in mafia 13 and luka was partially throwing that game too (but he doesn't seem to be willing to play anyway).

You will never change.

#34 2019-04-13 07:51:37

Luka504

Anatoly wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Oh yeah.

You will never change.

I don't understand why you're mad here - Maxi has only stated the truth. You have a bad history with mafia games, and therefore you're more likely to cause problems in future games, especially considering you haven't grown or matured much since mafia 13.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (2)

#35 2019-04-13 13:23:57

Anatoly

Luka504 wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Oh yeah.

You will never change.

I don't understand why you're mad here - Maxi has only stated the truth. You have a bad history with mafia games, and therefore you're more likely to cause problems in future games, especially considering you haven't grown or matured much since mafia 13.

Future is not past.

#36 2019-04-13 13:30:13

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Anatoly wrote:
Luka504 wrote:
Anatoly wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Oh yeah.

You will never change.

Future is not past.

You can toss around random phrases that you just came up with as much as you want
That doesn't show that you have grown up in the slightest though

i8SwC8p.png

#37 2019-04-13 13:42:03

Freckleface

Shut.

I suppose I'll play.

F

#38 2019-04-13 13:46:58, last edited by Raphe9000 (2019-04-13 13:49:38)

Raphe9000

Anatoly wrote:

Future is not past.

Just about if not every good prediction of the future ever made was based on evidence from the past.

Anatoly also wrote:

You will never change.

You don't seem to be willing to accept that others can change anyway, so nobody is willing to accept that you can change.

#39 2019-04-13 15:51:35

Onjit
Website

Guys. Stop this bickering. I'm not going to reject anyone because of their past actions. If you do not like this, feel free to not join. We're all here to play a game of Mafia, let's not forget that.

Also the limit for this game is going to be 11 players, and we have 14 people interested so far, so if you jokers keep this **** up I won't be afraid to let the players that don't start drama get priority when joining.

#40 2019-04-13 15:55:26

Onjit
Website

Also I changed the bread faction slightly, let me know if you think this is better:

Your faction wins if any Loaf member is alive at the end of the game (regardless of what team wins) or the Loaf Faction has a majority of the total players

Your teammates are A and B. You may talk with them here: <link>

Wooted by:

#41 2019-04-13 16:11:24

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

Can I get a copy of the setup by pm? The link doen't work for me.

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#42 2019-04-13 16:27:04

Different55
Forum Admin

If the Bread faction has garlic involved in some way I'm in

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#43 2019-04-13 16:33:26, last edited by Onjit (2019-04-13 16:37:52)

Onjit
Website

The formatting's a bit wonky, but I copied most of the google doc over. Hopefully that helps.
Also I might consider adding a garlic bread role, but I'm not 100% on whether to buff the Bread faction more (I was considering maybe having one of them be able to send messages at night, but idk if that would make them too powerful/too influential over the rest of the game)

Warning: Long

Wooted by:

#44 2019-04-13 16:54:59

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

I've never tried this before, but sounds interesting. If there's more spots available i'm in.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#45 2019-04-13 17:02:26

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Onjit is now onjit wrote:

You are a member of the Loaf Faction, and you’d like to keep it that way

>You'd like to keep it this way
What does this imply? I might have missed something, is there a role that converts others?
I'm also not sure what's the point of the entire bread faction, they're essentially an independent group of townies that are aware of eachother
The win conditions are writen in a way that allows Breads to team with the  Town and it will most likely happen because for both sides there's only gain from it
Breads' alignment is basically "not town but actually town"
It makes the game more town sided

i8SwC8p.png

#46 2019-04-13 17:09:57

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Make bread to kill at least 2 towns or mafia

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#47 2019-04-13 17:19:32

Raphe9000

Onjit is now onjit wrote:

I won't be afraid to let the players that don't start drama get priority when joining

Oh nice, now I can just find the people who are interested but also easily baited and take one for the team

#48 2019-04-13 17:20:52

Onjit
Website

TaskManager wrote:

>You'd like to keep it this way

That's some old flavour text that I hadn't updated yet

TaskManager wrote:

I'm also not sure what's the point of the entire bread faction, they're essentially an independent group of townies that are aware of each other
The win conditions are written in a way that allows Breads to team with the  Town and it will most likely happen because for both sides there's only gain from it
Breads' alignment is basically "not town but actually town"
It makes the game more town sided

An earlier version of the loaf faction's win condition had is so they would win if ALL of their members were alive at the end or they had a majority, but they didn't know each other.

Perhaps the earlier win condition would require the team to play more strategically to use their 3 votes and private messages (?) to survive? If they all know their teammates, I think it'd be a bit more fair, but also more unique than just "not town but actually..." since they'd be more incentivised to play separately from the town.

Example of different Loaf Faction:

Your faction wins if all Loaf member are alive at the end of the game (regardless of what team wins) or the Loaf Faction has a majority of the total players

White Bread - Each night, choose a player and attempt to see their role card
Sourdough - Each night, choose a member of your faction and prevent any visitors' actions from working (including nightkills)
Garlic Bread - Each night, choose a player and send them a private message (via me)

#49 2019-04-13 22:04:29, last edited by TaskManager (2019-04-13 22:05:52)

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

The Soybean role is lame.
This particular rule sucks:

You may not disclose these to the other members of your team.

Forcing one player to withhold information from the rest of their team is lame and really harmful towards the team spirit
It is also hard to draw the line in this rule to determine what breaks it and what doesn't because it's a rule regulating the content of communication. Similarly to the rule that forbade players to figure out each other's roles via asking what did the last line in each of their rolecards say.
Finally, if the player with this role ends up sharing the information with the other two, maybe even indirectly (dropping hints instead of saying it literally), what are you going to do about it?

Onjit wrote:

An earlier version of the loaf faction's win condition had is so they would win if ALL of their members were alive at the end or they had a majority, but they didn't know each other.

Perhaps the earlier win condition would require the team to play more strategically to use their 3 votes and private messages (?) to survive? If they all know their teammates, I think it'd be a bit more fair, but also more unique than just "not town but actually..." since they'd be more incentivised to play separately from the town.

Example of different Loaf Faction:

Your faction wins if all Loaf member are alive at the end of the game (regardless of what team wins) or the Loaf Faction has a majority of the total players

White Bread - Each night, choose a player and attempt to see their role card
Sourdough - Each night, choose a member of your faction and prevent any visitors' actions from working (including nightkills)
Garlic Bread - Each night, choose a player and send them a private message (via me)

I think an "all must survive" win condition would've been better, yes
I also had the following ideas:
a) Each bread can heal (prevent nightkill) each of their teammates (but not themselves), only once throughout the game, this results in each Bread having 2 heals and each Bread can be healed twice
b) With the "All must survive to win" condition, once one of the Breads die, the other two could have their role changed, or have something else done to them, such as:
- Each of the surviving breads turns into a neutral role and has a weak harmful night action (roleblocking, for example, or it could be randomized to spice things up. no killing abilities though) and they can still win the game if they somehow gain majority
- Each of the surviving breads suicides the next night (because they lost already) and each takes one of the alive players with them to avenge their fallen brother. Possibility of such a quad kill/double suicide would motivate Town not to hang Breads mindlessly and go for Snags instead

i8SwC8p.png

Wooted by:

#50 2019-04-14 02:11:35, last edited by ILikeTofuuJoe (2019-04-14 02:18:43)

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

So I think the roles are basicaly:
Senags:
Chipolata = Goon and some new modifer

Devon  = Ninjaish Rolecop
Kransky = Roleblocker
Soybean: New Role
Snagas
Barbecue = 2-Shot Goon
Tongs =  2-Shot Jailkeeperish
Onion = 2-Shot Roleblocker
Napkin  Bodyguard
Tomato Saucse = Motion DDetector?
Barbecue Sauce = Watcher?
Loaf
White Bread = Rolecop
Sojurdough = Jailkeeperish
Garlic Bdread = New Role

I have a quesftion. Is it Informed Minority vs Uninformed Majority vs Informed Mkinority?

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Onjit1631616916791320

Board footer