Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-04-01 06:20:31

Onjit
Website

a browser that isnt for big dum dums - a message from diff

hello i am different fifty five and i am here to tell you about a browser that is not for big dum dums it is called firefox and it is better than chrome because people that use chrome are stupid and i dont like them so you should use firefox like me because its better and also you should use linux because you can do stuff with it unlike windows which should be called shilldows because it is bad and i do not like it i would say use opera as a browser for people with big peepees and even bigger brains but opera got sold to the reds and i do not like that so use firefox and you will be happy like i am goodbye

:.|:;

#2 2019-04-01 06:24:50

Kirby

Re: a browser that isnt for big dum dums - a message from diff

At the moment I'm using firefox but up until recently I had been using chrome. Can't remember why I switched but it's probably because chrome is a botnet. I don't really like firefox either but I don't know what else to use. Everything's either gecko-based or chromium-based or sucks worse than both.

I guess Vivaldi's pretty alright for a chromium browser but it doesn't feel quite ready yet. I like where it's headed so far, though. Super customizable already and it has gestures and panels with the notes which are basically all my favorite features from Opera 12 that I haven't been able to replace on any other browser (well, there are gestures extensions for firefox and chrome but they're not always the best quality).

And I sort of want to like Sleipnir so I can be edgy and different but I just don't like its tabs and it also works badly on weak computers. The thumbnail tabs are supposed to make it easy to see what's in each tab but they're tiny and when you have tons of forum tabs open that all look the same then you end up having to mouse over each of them to find the one you're looking for. I liked the mobile version better but I don't think it had text wrapping which is basically a requirement for any mobile browser I use.

Right now I think I'm mainly torn between firefox being a nice functional browser and vivaldi being so similar to the old opera 12 that I stuck with for so long.[/wall]

#3 2019-04-01 06:27:58

Onjit
Website

the problem is that there isn't one. No other browser allows the same level of control. And unfortunately even firefox is leading that behind. and this doesn't show how I've customized my workflow, basically everything is controllable with mouse gestures and the left side of the keyboard, same as blender and the same as the rest of my computer because I think it's a nice way to work. You can't even customize chrome's appearance hardly at all, and its appearance doesn't fit in with any OS or theme. Doesn't even fit in on a chromebook. The rest of ChromeOS has a minimalist material kind of thing going. Chrome is still sticking it out with the same design it's had since it was born in 2008. Well, that's less of a firefox thing and more of a linux thing. Linux has icon packs that work basically the same way as icon packs on android. I'm using the "Super Flat Remix" icon pack.

#4 2019-04-01 06:28:41

Kirby

Or Get Opera. XD

Last edited by Different55 (Feb 5 2011 6:28:29 am)

#5 2019-04-01 06:33:27

Onjit
Website

Opera 15 happened. It wasnt even the same browser after that. It stopped being a browser for power users and started being another generic chromium based browser. No notes, no gestures (at first), no email, no IRC, no decent theming, no anything that was great about opera. I kept using the old version for a long time but it's beginning to break down in small ways. That's why I think Vivaldi is nice. It's how opera should have handled the transition to being based on chromium.

Last edited by Different55 (May 9 2011 2:58:36 pm)

#6 2019-04-01 06:37:55

Master1

My opinion of browsers is:

Opera - Chrome (chrome's pretty good, I just don't like it. I prefer the feel of opera)
Firefox. (Since FF 4 came out it has been ripping apart my computer's memory. 4 was a step backwards)
All those browsers nobody's ever heard of (like komodo or the 32 bit web browser)
IE Safari (I couldn't pick which sucked more. They both suck in there own special ways)
Anyway.... The school computers are great. My home computer can run a complex simulation at 20 FPS but the school can get up to 60.

nicktoot.pngnicktoot.pngnicktoot.png

#7 2019-04-01 06:39:47

Kirby

Today I used chrome for the first time on the school computers. FF was running slow and there's no way I was going to use IE so I opened chrome. I needed to get to google, so I type in google.com and you know what happens next? It crashes. I get a little popup saying Woah! Chrome crashed! And then I dismissed it as a one-time thing.... until it kept on happening. Google Chrome would load any page except google. I would've taken a video but I didn't have my flash drive and the IT people actually know what they're doing for a change.... Without my flash drive I can't get to my proxies and other tools.

#8 2019-04-01 06:39:55

Onjit
Website

1. Opera/Chrome - Opera is loaded with features and every tiny little aspect of it is easily customizable if you care at all. It can be as complex or simple as you want it to be. With a few tweaks you can get it running perfectly on any computer. Chrome is nicer out of the box, but you can't do much with it afterwards...
2. Maxthon/Firefox - I've never really gotten used to Maxthon, but from what I've used it seems very nice, but most of the cool stuff is already in Opera. Firefox started out nice, but it got slower and slower and now every time I use it I have to wait 5 minutes for things to stop lagging and there's frozen JS script errors everywhere. If I try to close a tab, it lags for a minute then gives me an error saying that it's frozen on line whatever of tabbox.xml.
3. Safari - Better than IE, but... it's missing a lot.
4. Internet Explorer - I wish it would realize that nobody loves it and just go away.

#9 2019-04-01 06:40:02

Master1

There's a shim that bridges the gap between NPAPI browsers like Firefox and PPAPI plugins like Pepperflash. Looks like he has the shim but not the pepper.

Install Chromium or Chrome, or install the Real™ Flash player.

#10 2019-04-01 06:40:51

Kirby

I lol at both of you. Opera is faster, once you get the settings right. Opera has the most useful features. It's got built-in IRC, Email, RSS, and all those are customizable with CSS. My IRC client looks way different from the default. Actually, nothing in opera looks the same. And I've got the sexiest skin on the planet. No other skin for any other program is as awesome as the one I have on opera right now. DRAGON BLUES AERO FTW It's faster, it's more attractive, I've got everything the way I want it. [/rant]

#11 2019-04-01 06:41:26

Onjit
Website

That's great but everyone's computer is different so different web browsers will function differently on different OSs and computers. There's all sorts of hardware and software differences and that will make opera or really any program run better on some and worse on others. Example: My computer starts chewing memory to bits as soon as I open firefox. On one computer Opera takes 3 minutes to start. Some computers I've seen absolutely refuse to open firefox, but I think that was a virus, as it was fixed after a clean install.

#12 2019-04-01 06:42:25

Kirby

I've tried on Opera and Firefox.
AT THE SAME TIME O_O
and it still didn't work. I'm not going to download something I will never use (chrome). EE's not worth using chrome to play. Or IE. Maybe Maxthon.

#13 2019-04-01 06:42:34

Master1

Sorry, I can't support a browser I don't have access to, and I can't fix an issue I can't replicate. You should really look into getting another browser to see if that fixes the issue.

#14 2019-04-01 06:43:29

Onjit
Website

Today I used chrome for the first time on the school computers. FF was running slow and there's no way I was going to use IE so I opened chrome. I needed to get to google, so I type in google.com and you know what happens next? It crashes. I get a little popup saying Woah! Chrome crashed! And then I dismissed it as a one-time thing.... until it kept on happening. Google Chrome would load any page except google. I would've taken a video but I didn't have my flash drive and the IT people actually know what they're doing for a change.... Without my flash drive I can't get to my proxies and other tools.

#15 2019-04-01 06:43:36

Master1

Opera. It had speed dial before anyone else, it had widgets before anyone else, its not REALLY popular so hackers don't go for it's users (because the users are in the minority and hackers want tons of victims), it is faster than firefox, it has tab stacking (allows you to organize and group tabs), you can pin tabs, restore tabs, cascade, tile, restore, minimize tabs, make follower tabs (if you click a link it opens in the follower tab), it takes up less space on toolbars than firefox, lets you host your own site with opera unite, allows you to sync your bookmarks etc at home with those at work or anywhere else, and features a unique content blocker that lets you block specific pictures or ads.

#16 2019-04-01 06:43:58

Kirby

All you nubs who say Chrome are just scared of the POWER of Opera. Too many options for you to handle I guess. Chrome doesn't even have an advanced config page.

Wooted by:

#17 2019-04-01 06:44:02

Onjit
Website

All windows. And I have opera installed for all student accounts, but I was using a computer my teacher had logged into. I wasn't using opera because it was a teacher account.

#18 2019-04-01 06:45:02, last edited by Master1 (2019-04-01 06:45:11)

Master1

^opera is better //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

@Gamer1120: Pwns all.... you know, except opera

Nope but I love it and how it does this:

9551.png

Try doing that with your web browser. It also does e-mail and doesn't make the important parts (like web pages, mail, bookmarks, and similar) transparent like the other things. And its not so transparent you can't see, anyway.

#19 2019-04-01 06:45:09

Onjit
Website

How did the discussion even move to other browsers? The topic is about Chrome's epic fail. But it's just a bug with that copy of chrome. This is supposed to be FUNNY. Why no lulz, Drock?

#20 2019-04-01 06:45:51

Master1

This isn't an argument, this is a debate. And opera's coming in on top. //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

#21 2019-04-01 06:46:23

Kirby

And? IT PALES IN COMPARISON TO OPERA. Opera ate a bowl of foxes for breakfast. Fox just ate a rabbit. Chrome didn't eat, it charged. Well, it tried to, but Opera pulled the plug and now Chrome died.

#22 2019-04-01 06:46:27

Onjit
Website

I was working at Clucky Wheezes the other day just taking orders at the drive through when some nut job pulls up to the loud speaker. The idiot tried to order a penguin burger and I calmly informed him that we had no such thing. In fact, Im pretty sure no one has that. He screamed back into the speaker that he saw the dancing penguin outside the restaurant and therefore, we must have penguin burgers. Realizing what had happened, I explained that the chicken suit that the girl normally wore was at the cleaners, and the closest thing we had was the penguin suit which was left over from a Christmas promotion a number of years back. I offered the man a chicken sandwich instead as it seemed the closest substitute to his fowl desires. The man refused to leave and told me to "suck devil-**** in hell, ****-dwarf." After piecing together what may have been the most brilliant insult I'd ever heard, I was forced to call the police. A few minutes of indiscernible ranting later, I heard the sirens coming down the street. Apparently, so did our bird loving friend. He yelled, "I hope that chicken sandwich keeps you warm in hell!" and peeled off in what I later discovered was a go-kart, but ran into the speaker instead. The whole machine spiraled out of control, flipped 12 times and came to rest upside down on his body. In the commotion, his side passenger (a cut-out of Capt. Kirk) was mangled in the process. He was taken to the hospital, but I was pretty sure he was dead. So yeah...pretty strange day.

Wooted by:

#23 2019-04-01 06:47:33

Onjit
Website

Opera is customizable-er. Does FF have widgets? How about transparent skins? No? It HAS at least to have tab preview? Not even that? You can't just hover over a tab and get a preview? PLEASE tell me you can add your own buttons to the toolbars? CMON! Not even that?!? What DOES firefox have?

#24 2019-04-01 06:48:28

Master1

default firefox
my firefox
and this doesn't show how I've customized my workflow, basically everything is controllable with mouse gestures and the left side of the keyboard, same as blender and the same as the rest of my computer because I think it's a nice way to work. You can't even customize chrome's appearance hardly at all, and its appearance doesn't fit in with any OS or theme.

#25 2019-04-01 06:49:57

Onjit
Website

this browser is now closed

goodbye

Last edited by Different55 (Dec 14 2011 7:13:27 am)

Onjit1554097797744399

Board footer