Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-28 22:43:32

Guest.

why do you stay on ee

i get that the vaporware that is eeu is coming "soon" but like lemme be real - xenonetix has already **** up the game so much
why do you stay? other than to get 30 year olds on the forums mad i dont even associate with the game anymore, so its from an outsiders perspective

im curious as to why the community is still here considering everything that has happened up to this point

Wooted by:

#2 2019-03-28 22:45:33, last edited by 272 (2019-03-28 22:45:57)

Re: why do you stay on ee

I don't, I just play the forums.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2019-03-28 22:46:29

Guest.

272 wrote:

fair, but even so.. what's the appeal?

#4 2019-03-28 22:47:02, last edited by 272 (2019-03-28 22:48:22)

Jet wrote:
272 wrote:

There is none, that's why I only play the forums, and not Everybody Edits.

I mean technically the appeal is the community, but that's basically either dead or gone to ****, and what's left of it is all on the forums anyway, so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

#5 2019-03-28 22:48:45

Guest.

272 wrote:
Jet wrote:
272 wrote:

whats the appeal of the forums i meant, i shouldve clarified that b4 my bad

#6 2019-03-28 22:51:04

Jet wrote:
272 wrote:
Jet wrote:
272 wrote:

whats the appeal of the forums i meant, i shouldve clarified that b4 my bad

The community, I guess? Why are you on the forums? Also, sometimes I just get really really bored.

Call me mean, but messing with Anatoly can be pretty fun too. (I guess I have to like that about him.)

#7 2019-03-28 23:33:17

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

i stay on ee because it's a fun game and i've met a lot of cool people through it

#8 2019-03-28 23:34:56

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Jet wrote:

why do you stay?

Would love to know your response. I look forward to hearing it.

Xenonetix_2.png

#9 2019-03-28 23:48:37

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Jet wrote:

xenonetix has already **** up the game so much

What's he done to **** it up? EE still exists. EEU is still coming. If you're in doubt of that then you've clearly not gone to much extent to educate yourself.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (4)

#10 2019-03-29 00:07:54

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

i mainly stick around on forums and in discord to harass alanoty because of the people here
i like the community, well, most of it, and i like chatting with these people in discord or funposting on forums

as for the game, well, i open it for 3 reasons:
1) daily bonus & spend energy
2) harass my friends in game when someone of them is online (albeit the probability of any of my friends beind offline approaches zero with time going forward)
3) if theres an update, check out the new content

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#11 2019-03-29 00:39:55

Raphe9000

It's a few things:

1. I don't break habits very easily, and this playing this game has been a habit for me on and off for over 7.5 years.

2. Nothing else is quite like Everybody Edits, so nothing can really replace it for me.

3. The game is very nostalgic for me, especially since this is one of the few games I still play that I started playing when I didn't deal with 1% of the stress I do now.

4. I like seeing how the game is progressing. I like that it persists despite the odds. It is in a depressing state sometimes, but it's still here.

5. I'm not alone in many of these sentiments, and that makes what would otherwise be an odd hobby or strange remnant of my past I haven't let go something that other people can empathize with.

I still hope that EE will grow back to reclaim even some of its former glory. That may never happen, but there's nothing wrong with checking in every once and a while.

#12 2019-03-29 01:38:42

Guest.

Xenonetix wrote:
Jet wrote:

why do you stay?

Would love to know your response. I look forward to hearing it.

Jet wrote:

other than to get 30 year olds on the forums mad i dont even associate with the game anymore, so its from an outsiders perspective

hmm

mutantdevle wrote:
Jet wrote:

xenonetix has already **** up the game so much

What's he done to **** it up? EE still exists. EEU is still coming. If you're in doubt of that then you've clearly not gone to much extent to educate yourself.

have you looked at the recent events at all? how he failed to officially disclose the presence of the data breach for 3 days? how he fired people for not agreeing with him? i understand that you might be hopeful, but you’re not in the right to claim that simply because ee is running and eeu is supposedly coming. ee was running when mrshoe was dead for a year, same with nvd

Wooted by:

#13 2019-03-29 04:38:49, last edited by Yu (2019-03-29 04:39:20)

Yu

I stay on ee to try to relive the first 100 or so times I logged. After that, my interest or spark disappeared. It's sad because this isn't just an issue with EE but with many paths. It's just how humans work. We're curious, we want to try things. Try eating the same food for a week and tell me how you feel about the food once you're done. This is simply an instinct put in our brain to move on to a different location, as staying in one place increases likelihood of being attacked by a stalking predator for our ancient ancestors.

#14 2019-03-29 06:36:45

PTU
Formerly Pipec

I still love to build something time to time, and even though I don't have any ideas, I just like to hang out there.

Seems pretty ok to check on everyday and see creativity of other users :)

M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png M2my8OF.png

UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png UUCFFj2.png

Wooted by:

#15 2019-03-29 07:50:25

peace

its wierd i am after 8 years and some ~3 months sitll on ee and even thoguth i get a littl ebored of ti i sitll come to play or atleats log in and i hope EEU doesnt stop this

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#16 2019-03-29 07:51:25

Satanya
Formerly Lunarys

Simply put, it's to relive the experience I've had when I first played the game. It meant quite a bit to me, and I've played it since around mid 2010 (Nonoba, just saying that brings back old memories.)
Admittedly, the game isn't as populated as it had been back then, and it is different in some ways. But the freedom and creativity within it, as well as the community, is still fun to return to. I hope that EEU will bring back that same feeling I had back then.

Wooted by: (3)

#17 2019-03-29 08:04:08

Anatoly

The hope that it won't die any time soon.

#18 2019-03-29 13:54:12

Vinyl Melody
Formerly BananaMilkShake

i like to spend energy on cow npcs when i get the chance

cb0de83627.png
Thanks to: Ernesdo (Current Avatar), Zoey2070 (Signature)

Very inactive, maybe in the future, idk.

Wooted by:

rat

#19 2019-03-29 15:46:14

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

EE is just too special to quit. Especially when you've spent hours and hours on it. Plus I haven't seen anything else like it. It is just well, when you start playing, you just can't stop! Even when bpred, we still check in. It's like a curse, something we can't get rid of. And we don't want to get rid of it. Even though EE is nt looking good rn, but there's still chance! To let EE have the glory it deserved!

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

Wooted by:

#20 2019-03-29 15:49:09

peace

Vinyl Melody wrote:

lmao how many cow npc's u got?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#21 2019-03-29 15:54:16

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

peace wrote:
Vinyl Melody wrote:

lmao how many cow npc's u got?

Guess: 100

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#22 2019-03-29 18:00:33

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Jet wrote:

have you looked at the recent events at all? how he failed to officially disclose the presence of the data breach for 3 days? how he fired people for not agreeing with him? i understand that you might be hopeful, but you’re not in the right to claim that simply because ee is running and eeu is supposedly coming. ee was running when mrshoe was dead for a year, same with nvd

There is a huge difference between doing bad **** and **** up the game. Arguably, MrShoe **** up the game in the sense that he is almost directly responsible for a huge decrease in the player count. I've also been paranoid that previous owners might just shut down the game completely. But nothing Xeno has done has really put the game at risk. All his bad decisions have resulted in drama and behind the scenes issues. It's not directly impacted the game. You could argue that if he had better management skills EEU would be here by now, but that's not **** the game up that's just failing to improve it.

Do you watch ByteArray's weekly update videos? Because they give me full faith that EEU is 100% going to arrive. The progress is slow. That's something that is obvious. Every time the staff have announced deadlines that they hope to release early versions I've always doubted them and didn't believe they'd meet said deadline. Because you can see how fast EEU is being developed through these weekly updates and you can easily tell they are being optimistic. But what I find indisputable is that EEU is being worked on and it will arrive eventually.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (6)

#23 2019-03-29 19:35:54

Latif

Kind of missed most of the data breach incident, but just hear me out.

Like Mutantdevle said, I don't see how Xenonetix has **** up everything. I don't understand why some of you blame Xenonetix for the data breach. Sure I understand he's responsible for it, but that doesn't give you the right to directly attack him. The breach was unexpected and I agree he could've informed us earlier that they're investigating some major issues, because being transparent is important.

But anyway, it's all over now and I think the staff did a great job on fixing everything. We're here to see the game growing with lots of hope. Isn't anyone excited for EEU? Because I am for sure. This game was a surprisingly big part of my childhood.

Wooted by:

#24 2019-03-29 20:06:33, last edited by Shy (2019-03-29 20:06:48)

Shy

Maybe we stay here because it’s difficult for us to say goodbye to our friends? Maybe because we have been playing this game for several years now? Maybe because we like to describe our creativity in the world? Maybe because we like the style of the game itself?

#25 2019-03-29 21:51:45

Guest.

devil man wrote:

long

cool thanks for the bible! what he’s done has definitely impacted the game. why do you think these attacks continue to happen? because he doesn’t give a **** about them and lets them happen because he’s too busy pointing fingers!

latifa wrote:

a ditto of the devil dude, i’m guessing ee is still a part of your childhood because you act like you’re 6

Guest.1554218680744676

Board footer