Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-03-28 20:33:01

Re: The Data Security Breach - Please Update Your Passwords

Luka504 wrote:

I'm gonna be honest, this entire topic feels like when a big corporation **** up royally and then they have to crank out a copy pasted apology just to calm people down before they lose too much money.

This entire thing feels insincere. It took you literal days just to talk about this, Xeno. How can you sit silently while a fire is burning everywhere around you? xD //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

For once in my life, I agree with Luka. This whole mess is part of a Dumpster Fire known as Everybody Edits.

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

#27 2019-03-28 21:15:21

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

i think so //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

#28 2019-03-28 22:28:29, last edited by Michele (2019-03-28 22:28:46)

Michele
Formerly AntonioS300

Can we please not attack Xenonetix?

Even if he's the one at the wrong it doesn't mean we should attack him personally...

Idler.jpg
XOsS4ha.gif

Wooted by: (2)

#29 2019-03-28 22:36:48

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Michele wrote:

Can we please not attack Xenonetix?

Even if he's the one at the wrong it doesn't mean we should attack him personally...

when you **** up you deserve to be attacked though

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#30 2019-03-28 22:50:03

Guest.

i dont think the back and forth will solve much but i think it would be beneficial to look back on all of this

look at how many times xenonetix has recently **** up in some way

reflect on that and come to ur own conclusion i guess

Wooted by:

#31 2019-03-28 23:20:34

Jet wrote:

i dont think the back and forth will solve much but i think it would be beneficial to look back on all of this

look at how many times xenonetix has recently **** up in some way

reflect on that and come to ur own conclusion i guess

no u

Despite what people say, Different55 is the best mod.

#32 2019-03-29 00:04:56

den3107

To be 100% honest I don't see how the breach itself was Xenonetix' fault.
Surely the part where he had to update people about what was happening could be done way better, but the attack itself? not so much.

It's a vulnerability which has been in the game literally from the beginning. They're not 100% familiar with Player.IO and thus don't know all security loopholes. Clearly Player.IO itself doesn't know it either, otherwise they would provide some sort of documentation on "how to properly protect your game".
Furthermore, this by no means is a management problem, but more so an implementation one (from both sides). And then still. Why would the current staff be to blame? Why not the previous staff? The exploit existed back then too.
Or hell, might just go all the way back and blame Chris Benjaminsen himself, because he didn't make the game 100% secure from the get go. <sacrasm>Shame on him</sarcasm>

Anyway. Community likes drama. Drama has been provided. I'm gonna go back to lurking in the bots section.

Wooted by: (5)

#33 2019-03-29 00:37:30

bunglybongle

yes i know hackers are bad people who do bad things but game security is pretty **** important xeno

#34 2019-03-29 06:22:27

Luka504

den3107 wrote:

That's because that isn't his fault, as that genuinely was out of his hands. But do you know what wasn't out of his hands? Community interaction.
As stated before, it took this guy days to address this issue publicly.
And that's always been a long-standing issue with Xenonetix. Every time there's a problem (and this is EE we're talking about) he clams up and refuses to talk about it until it seemingly reaches a point where he has to talk about it.
And then when he does open his mouth, all that comes out is a half-baked corporate apology.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#35 2019-03-29 07:44:01

peace

its sad there are still people arguing like why diddnt he do this sooner ro why didn the... lets take reallife there is a murder he murders someone he doesnt get arrested the second he did it no he gest arrested days later when th epolice finds out and hwen th epolice gathered all information they could thye alo doesn tinform the family insatntly no.. they have to find otu who the (wo)man actualy is...

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#36 2019-03-29 09:58:48, last edited by Luka504 (2019-03-29 10:04:28)

Luka504

Just because the police doesn't know who the murderer is, doesn't mean they can wait days to tell the neighborhood that they're in danger and to give them suggestions on what to do to stay safe.

#37 2019-03-29 12:49:12

LukeM
Website

From my experience it's not that he doesn't want to address the problems, he just wants to have all the information ready before he does. The post was made within 24 hours of PlayerIO getting back to us on the rest of the issues, so it was pretty soon after we got all the information we needed.

If you do want the information as we get it then I generally reply to most questions on the forums about the issues (as I've been doing for the past week), and a couple other staff members and I are active on both the official and unofficial discord servers, and try to reply to most of the questions there too. Usually we do the informal conversations, and Xenonetix does the formal statement at the end.

Wooted by:

#38 2019-03-29 13:16:19

Anatoly

I'm viewer Number 1000.

LukeM wrote:

From my experience it's not that he doesn't want to address the problems, he just wants to have all the information ready before he does.

Now this - is actually an understandable reason, but it still would be better to have at least heard of him "I cannot be sure yet", "I don't know much enough yet", instead of a complete silence.

Wooted by: (3)

#39 2019-03-29 18:59:03

den3107

Luka504 wrote:
den3107 wrote:

That's because that isn't his fault, as that genuinely was out of his hands. But do you know what wasn't out of his hands? Community interaction.
As stated before, it took this guy days to address this issue publicly.
And that's always been a long-standing issue with Xenonetix. Every time there's a problem (and this is EE we're talking about) he clams up and refuses to talk about it until it seemingly reaches a point where he has to talk about it.
And then when he does open his mouth, all that comes out is a half-baked corporate apology.

In case you think I don't agree with your standpoint, see:

den3107 wrote:

Surely the part where he had to update people about what was happening could be done way better, but the attack itself?

In case you posted you reply to assure people are remembered about that fact, then disregard this post c:

Anatoly wrote:

I'm viewer Number 1000.

LukeM wrote:

From my experience it's not that he doesn't want to address the problems, he just wants to have all the information ready before he does.

Now this - is actually an understandable reason, but it still would be better to have at least heard of him "I cannot be sure yet", "I don't know much enough yet", instead of a complete silence.

Very much agree to this. Just make an official post ASAP. Even if all you really say is you're currently just gathering info before providing further information.

Wooted by:

#40 2019-03-29 21:52:01

Joeyc

Details are now being leaked on the Everybody edits discord, just saying be safe

#41 2019-03-29 21:55:34

peace

Joeyc wrote:

Details are now being leaked on the Everybody edits discord, just saying be safe

what?

peace.png

#42 2019-03-29 22:10:23

Edilights
Website

I'm confused about my EE account ... What i am suppose to do?Or maybe not... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

#43 2019-03-29 22:41:16

LukeM
Website

Edilights wrote:

I'm confused about my EE account ... What i am suppose to do?Or maybe not... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/neutral

If you can currently log in fine, and you're using a secure password, you don't need to do anything.

If you can no longer log in (because your password is 'incorrect'), that means that we temporarily disabled your account because you shared your password with someone through the in-game mail system, which was recently breached. To recover your account, use the 'change or recover password' feature in the login screen to set a new password.

Wooted by:

#44 2019-03-30 02:57:40

HeyNK

If we all change our password to password123, the hacker won't be able to get in anymore, since they don't have that one yet.

#45 2019-03-30 05:49:37

ILikeTofuuJoe
Website

HeyNK wrote:

If we all change our password to password123, the hacker won't be able to get in anymore, since they don't have that one yet.

Are you actually serious

https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat ~meow~ https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/8/8f/117_cat
Posting Goal: 2000
#Joe Griffin
Signature
Thanks HG for the signature and avatar!!!

#46 2019-03-30 07:18:18

Anatoly

ILikeTofuuJoe wrote:
HeyNK wrote:

Are you actually serious

What do you think?

#47 2019-03-30 11:22:32

peace

HeyNK wrote:

o hey what a good idea what email shoudl we all use? or erhm emails maby [email protected]? or what about [email protected]? soo much combinations and nobody will know it not even the hacker great job

peace.png

#48 2019-03-30 11:24:40

Luka504

So xeno when are you going to talk about thegame? He deserves an answer.

#49 2019-03-30 15:50:31

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Luka504 wrote:

He does? He hasn't asked me.

Xenonetix_2.png

#50 2019-03-30 16:04:02

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

Xenonetix wrote:
Luka504 wrote:

He does? He hasn't asked me.

Albeit not directly to you and instead more baiting the community into the drama, he does ask for evidence of his guilt in this thread: https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt … p?id=45573

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

ILikeTofuuJoe1554802074745441

Board footer