Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-03-27 02:54:14

bold_banner
Anonymous user

How do you feel about racial slang, cuss words, and censorship

I'm actually curious about what people here think about the topic of censorship, and racial slang

My personal opinion, is that most "cuss words" are generally not a problem. If someone gets offended by something I said, I apologize, and explain that I do not confine myself to their beliefs. There are however specific racial slang that I refuse to use, such as, "The N-Word". However, I also believe if it is used in quotation, or referring to times before civil rights as a story setting or for educational purposes, I generally allow them.

How do you people feel about censorship?

#2 2019-03-27 03:17:31, last edited by Uzbekistani_upgrade (2019-03-27 03:18:48)

Uzbekistani_upgrade
Anonymous user

Re: How do you feel about racial slang, cuss words, and censorship

personally, i'm a firm believer in free speech. regarding swear words, i think either it's all okay, or none of it is. however, i think that if someone asks you to not say "****" or even just "jesus christ" around them, you should respect that, although you don't have to.

this yt video by Coffee Break tells about some of the history of swear words and how comedy changed some of the taboos surrounding them. it's only 8 minutes, and i really recommend watching it even if you aren't particularly interested in this debate:

<YouTube Video - CZe8oaKn5ps> edit: the video is called "The New Bad Words You Can't Say" if you want to look it up yourself

#3 2019-03-27 03:40:48, last edited by honorable-hawk (2019-03-27 03:41:04)

honorable-hawk
Anonymous user

censorship makes me ****

srs they're just words. Nobody should care about ANY of them, ever.

Wooted by:

#4 2019-03-27 08:45:24

Uncaring_Usher
Anonymous user

i dont mind them at all but if people dont want me using them i wont use them near them.

#5 2019-03-27 08:59:31, last edited by orangeOdor (2019-03-27 08:59:49)

orangeOdor
Anonymous user

Annoys me to no end that form of censorship. They are literally just words that some elements of society has decided is "bad" to use. I’ll swear however much i want, and if someone doesn’t agree then too bad.

#6 2019-03-27 11:43:24

corny-Communist
Anonymous user

we cant say whether swear words are okay or not, but we need to respect the place and position we find ourselves.

If its okay to swear at your home, so do it as you wish.

If your boss dont want you swearing at the office, so dont.

#7 2019-03-27 13:08:15

malarialMan27
Anonymous user

i think you shoudk be fine wiht saying **** in the chat orso when you rage at a game/minigame along as its not directed to harm an person like
me: *rages and fails a minigname many times*
me: **** this **** **** minigame %#$^%$^$^%$^$^#$
this hsould be allowed

Wooted by:

#8 2019-03-27 21:59:05

kawaii_koala
Anonymous user

I don't use slurs, but I see no problem with them. They're only bad because people say they're bad. So what bad people used them before to say bad things? Why would you let THEM have power over what YOU think is acceptable language? I think cuss words are also only considered bad because that makes it feel so much better when you say one, and society has also decided that showing displeasure in anything is bad for some reason.

#9 2019-03-27 23:41:03

NeuroticNugget
Anonymous user

swear words are fine, but i dont like slurs at all. there is no real reason to use them, they are just derogatory terms used to degrade a certain group of people. so when people use them i just think they are trying to be edgy or they actually have some prejudice against that group of people. either way it gives off bad vibes. because its not just a word, it does actually have a very negative meaning and i dont understand why you would try to override that or change the meaning of the word, when you can just use a different word.

#10 2019-03-28 03:17:18, last edited by Amish_athlete (2019-03-28 03:17:49)

Amish_athlete
Anonymous user

I swear... a lot. It's just the way I talk.

I don't generally have an issue with slurs. For me, it depends on context and intent.

There are times when it's trashy or unprofessional.

/mobile

#11 2019-03-28 03:18:27

Intense-iguana
Anonymous user

God don't like when we swear.

- N1KF

#12 2019-03-28 08:36:54

Intense-iguana
Anonymous user

rabid_Faker wrote:

God don't like when we swear.

- N1KF

Nor does devil.

- Anatoly

#13 2019-03-30 02:48:43

Mister-muffin
Anonymous user

- N1KF

#14 2019-04-06 23:52:31

Silly sloth
Anonymous user

Swearing makes me feel better after something isn't going my way, but it won't make other people feel better after something isn't going my way. I implore you to only let yourself be the one to censor what you say, and nobody else, but have respect for others, and for yourself.

Board footer