Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#76 2019-03-12 12:42:35, last edited by RailMat (2019-03-12 12:43:54)

RailMat
Formerly MatthijsFidder

Re: Stop people from closing topics for no good reason.

If people make some interesting things to post, they can do that. If you don't like it, pls leave and not making drama. If you do that, the owner can close the discussion.

If you think it is useless, report it and do not post to make drama. We've enough drama here

#77 2019-03-12 22:45:31

Different55
Forum Admin

Unlocking this, discussion may or may not still be ongoing and there's really no good reason to. If the OP is trying to make a statement he should outright say it instead of playing childish games that still won't fix anything.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (4)

#78 2019-03-12 22:55:05

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

No, lock it for no reason Different55.
Please!

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by:

#79 2019-03-12 23:25:44

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

why was this topic locked smh
anyway if youre going to remove the ability for users to lock their topics then keep it for forum games at least ty

Tomahawk wrote:

If other people want to continue the discussion, they can open up another thread.

thanks ill bear that in mind next time "someone" (i dare not mention their name for that makes me a troublemaker and a bully and whatnot) decides to pull this **** off

actually on topic: ignoring and not reading anatoly's posts/threads is of course a cute and peaceful solution but if we just sit and ignore those then the forums will end up flooded with garbage because youre not doing anything about them

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

rat

#80 2019-03-13 00:53:15

Different55
Forum Admin

TaskManager wrote:

anyway if youre going to remove the ability for users to lock their topics then keep it for forum games at least ty

Tomahawk wrote:

If other people want to continue the discussion, they can open up another thread.

thanks ill bear that in mind next time "someone" (i dare not mention their name for that makes me a troublemaker and a bully and whatnot) decides to pull this **** off

actually on topic: ignoring and not reading anatoly's posts/threads is of course a cute and peaceful solution but if we just sit and ignore those then the forums will end up flooded with garbage because youre not doing anything about them

Anatoly is not producing significantly more low quality topics than other users. If you feel a topic doesn't deserve its own topic, the report feature exists and is encouraged. For example if Anatoly's eros topic hadn't been flooded with flaming I would have merged it with the chat thread on request and there would have been no mess. We *have* methods for dealing with this. The only reason they're failing is because you guys are choosing not to use them and instead choose to taunt some random kid on the internet.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:

#81 2019-03-13 01:12:18

poopdublio
Website

7605hep.jpg

Diff right now by the way

It's :clap: Spam :clap: If :clap: The :clap: Mods :clap: Don't :clap: Like :clap: It

#82 2019-03-13 01:57:57

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Different55 wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

Tomahawk wrote:

Anatoly is not producing significantly more low quality topics than other users. If you feel a topic doesn't deserve its own topic, the report feature exists and is encouraged. For example if Anatoly's eros topic hadn't been flooded with flaming I would have merged it with the chat thread on request and there would have been no mess. We *have* methods for dealing with this. The only reason they're failing is because you guys are choosing not to use them and instead choose to taunt some random kid on the internet.

Not significantly, but he is still producing more garbage
It's more noticeable because you're not doing anything about them
You do have the report feature but what's the point if you're not looking into the reports??
You're saying we're not using the report feature but I can literally go to the eros thread and click Flag on posts #1 and #6 and it says both were already reported
But I see no warnings given out for them and the topic wasn't moved
Seems to be a problem on your end, then?

i8SwC8p.png

#83 2019-03-13 02:01:28

frostflare

Different55 wrote:

Unlocking this, discussion may or may not still be ongoing and there's really no good reason to. If the OP is trying to make a statement he should outright say it instead of playing childish games that still won't fix anything.

I understand your point but I can't help but to wonder. Just because you have the power and authority to do something, does it really make it right?

Wooted by:

rat

#84 2019-03-13 03:48:22, last edited by Different55 (2019-03-13 03:51:13)

Different55
Forum Admin

TaskManager wrote:

Not significantly, but he is still producing more garbage
It's more noticeable because you're not doing anything about them
You do have the report feature but what's the point if you're not looking into the reports??

Again, I would have merged it if it hadn't been stormed by trolls beforehand. I don't want to merge a large string of harassment into the chat thread. I don't know where you guys got the idea that I don't look into reports.

TaskManager wrote:

You're saying we're not using the report feature but I can literally go to the eros thread and click Flag on posts #1 and #6 and it says both were already reported
But I see no warnings given out for them and the topic wasn't moved
Seems to be a problem on your end, then?

Because they *were* both reported. Not as rule-breaking though or requesting a merge though, one was "this topic is in need of some assistance" and the other was some offhand comment about "this topic shouldn't exist." Nothing that should have prevented a report about a potential merge. Something could probably be improved in the "this has already been reported" message there.

frostflare wrote:
Different55 wrote:

I understand your point but I can't help but to wonder. Just because you have the power and authority to do something, does it really make it right?

I didn't do it to flex, so I don't see unlocking this as wrong. It's an important discussion that's probably been a long time coming. I won't let a bad actor interrupt that because it gave him a chuckle to hit the "Close" button.

- ShinsukeIto

#85 2019-03-13 07:41:27, last edited by Luka504 (2019-03-13 07:44:59)

Luka504

Wow dill it sure is annoying when someone closes their topic in the midst of a conversation, isn't it?
Maybe you should stop people from doing it.

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

Wooted by: (3)

#86 2019-03-13 10:33:49, last edited by Different55 (2019-03-13 10:38:08)

Different55
Forum Admin

don't try to be clever. almost every time anatoly's done it, it's because there's no actual discussion and you all are just harassing him endlessly. even if I completely removed the owner-lock feature I'd still listen to any requests to close for that reason. it's not a bad one.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by: (3)

#87 2019-03-13 10:58:00

Onjit
Website

Honestly I think the owner-lock feature is fine and you guys are just being needlessly grouchy

:.|:;

Wooted by:

#88 2019-03-13 14:16:52

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Different55 wrote:

Again, I would have merged it if it hadn't been stormed by trolls beforehand. I don't want to merge a large string of harassment into the chat thread. I don't know where you guys got the idea that I don't look into reports.

at the moment of tomahawk posting in the thread for the first time it had only 8 posts, im assuming thats the soonest when moderator action couldve been taken and 8 posts isnt much
if thats actually a lot for you then why not move the thread to landfill

Different55 wrote:

Because they *were* both reported. Not as rule-breaking though or requesting a merge though, one was "this topic is in need of some assistance" and the other was some offhand comment about "this topic shouldn't exist."

so youre only bashing the post if a report actually says what rules were broken?
cant you, like, figure it out and strike the post for the rules that it breaks even if they werent mentioned in a report?
this leads me to another question, albeit a slightly irrelevant one
if a post, that breaks rule(s), is not reported by anyone, are you going to strike it at all?

Different55 wrote:

Nothing that should have prevented a report about a potential merge. Something could probably be improved in the "this has already been reported" message there.

yeah thats exactly what prevents a report about a potential merge, or better a potential trip to landfill
you dont really need to improve it if you can figure out what is wrong with the post yourself
if people dont put much effort into writing the report that they are submitting it probably implies that the issue is obvious
you know, when a spambot shows up on the forums i dont write anything meaningful in my reports but they still work

Different55 wrote:

almost every time anatoly's done it, it's because there's no actual discussion

well you cant magically pull discussion out of something that has no discussion value whatsoever

i8SwC8p.png

#89 2019-03-13 14:33:56

Anatoly

Luka504 wrote:

Wow dill it sure is annoying when someone closes their topic in the midst of a conversation, isn't it?

If I'm not wrong you created this topic because of this one, right?

Find the topic of the conversation:

Long

Possibly "Competition to bully Anatoly"?

Interesting conversation.

#90 2019-03-13 15:25:54

LukeM
Website

Theres really no reason discussing the two problems as if they are the same thing, the solution for the execessive number of topics, and as Diff/Tomahawk have pointed out, is to flag the topic with a meaningful message telling them what you want them to do about it rather than creating even more threads to try to tell him to stop doing it. If this happened then Anatoly should no longer need to close topics because people are complaining about them (and in fact would no longer be able to close the topic because it would have been merged with the chat thread or something //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue)

For the problem of people closing topics because they think the discussion is over (or because they want to suppress feedback or whatever), personally I'd be happy with the lock feature being removed for the subforums where you don't really own your topics (like bug reports), and any requests for topics to be locked for moderation reasons being accepted manually. These are the places where the 'my topic, my rules' arguments don't really make sense, and I don't think this would happen too often so it shouldn't lead to too much effort needing to be put in by the forum staff.

Wooted by:

#91 2019-03-13 15:26:39

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Anatoly wrote:

Oh snap, you got us! We already had a first price ready for the user that could bully you into leaving the forums. The second and third price was to be given to anyone that could make you visibly cry from the pressure.

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

Wooted by: (2)

#92 2019-03-13 15:56:52

Anatoly

NorwegianboyEE wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

Oh snap, you got us! We already had a first price ready for the user that could bully you into leaving the forums. The second and third price was to be given to anyone that could make you visibly cry from the pressure.

Wow! Congratulations! Nice come back!

Your reward: Get a plunger! Now go, clean the toilet!

#93 2019-03-13 16:04:59, last edited by Luka504 (2019-03-13 17:05:28)

Luka504

Diff wrote:

don't try to be clever.

I won't deny that what I did was petty, but it got my point across very well. It's annoying when a discussion you took interest in suddenly gets cut off because the OP decided so. Unlike you, however, I had no way of unlocking Anatoly's topic to resume said conversation.
If we wanted to be fair, then my topic should have remained closed as per my request. But no, I got less rights than someone else because people didn't bully me enough.

Diff wrote:

it's because there's no actual discussion

Feel free to elaborate how amazing topics like "2019 looks like eros flipped" or "Game became patriotic" had any potential discussion value. Those types of topics were practically begging for harassment to ensue.

Diff wrote:

harassing him endlessly.

Maybe if he had enough self-awareness to realize that posting topics like that aren't going to yield the best results, this wouldn't keep happening.
That's the core of why he gets harassed - he keeps giving people reasons to toy with him, crack jokes at his expense, and make memes about him. He makes it easy for others to make fun of him, and staff protection won't help. At best, it just stops people from joking about him here. As soon as there's a new place where they can make fun of him, do you think they wouldn't take the opportunity to?
Or is it a case of "Not my problem anymore"?

How long will it take me to get banned again?
Place your bets right here.

#94 2019-03-13 16:05:31

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I said I did NOT mean to bully or flame you, Anatoly.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#95 2019-03-13 16:35:58

Anatoly

Luka504 wrote:

of unlocking the topic to resume said conversation on Anatoly's topic.

Which?

Luka504 wrote:

If we wanted to be fair, then my topic should have remained closed as per my request. But no, I got less rights than someone else because people didn't bully me enough.

Your topics have a discussion, mine as you said haven't...

#96 2019-03-13 17:07:32

frostflare

Luka504 wrote:
Diff wrote:

don't try to be clever.

I won't deny that what I did was petty, but it got my point across very well. It's annoying when a discussion you took interest in suddenly gets cut off because the OP decided so. Unlike you, however, I had no way of unlocking the topic to resume said conversation on Anatoly's topic.

Diff wrote:

it's because there's no actual discussion

Feel free to elaborate how amazing topics like "2019 looks like eros flipped" or "Game became patriotic" had any potential discussion value. Those types of topics were practically begging for harassment to ensue.

Diff wrote:

harassing him endlessly.

Maybe if he had enough self-awareness to realize that posting topics like that aren't going to yield the best results, this wouldn't keep happening.
That's the core of why he gets harassed - he keeps giving people reasons to toy with him, crack jokes at his expense, and make memes about him. He makes it easy for others to make fun of him, and staff protection won't help. At best, it just stops people from joking about him here. As soon as there's a new place where they can make fun of him, do you think they wouldn't take the opportunity?
Or is it a case of "Not my problem anymore"?

You know? I remember a time not to long ago you told me that. 'If someone had done something about it when the issue first surfaced, instead of letting it slide over and over again, things wouldn't have escalated to such a degree.' If you honestly did believed this. Why didn't you just flag his threads as spam instead of waiting this long until you felt the situation got this bad to make a thread about it? Also locking your own thread after complaining about other people doing the same thing, came off more so as hypocritical than petty on your part.

And I may not be a moderator. But from what I could see, all of Anatoly's topics were in the proper sub-forums. Whether or not you or anyone feels they don't have potential discussion value? Is not for you or I to decide. But EE staff. It doesn't give you or anyone a right to harass or bully anyone over the fact you disliked them.

#97 2019-03-13 19:03:53, last edited by Nebula (2019-03-14 13:01:46)

Nebula

Tomahawk wrote:

@Luka: What do you think I should do?

If Anatoly’s threads deserve spam warnings for lack of content, then I’d need to be equally harsh on the other users who funpost in Off-Topic. Looking at the current page of topics, unbiased moderation would mean that Whirl, Onjit, Yu and Surrealism are probably also spamming. I cannot moderate an individual user more harshly because they post more, so you’d be asking for stricter moderation overall.

Do you want me to tell Anatoly not to post about his personal life? Or to try extra hard to fill his threads with topic-worthy content? Or to forbid him from locking his own threads? Again, these rules/guidelines would have to apply to everyone. Him annoying you isn’t grounds for harsher treatment.

@2B55B5G: There’s probably some bias against the people who hate on Anatoly, because he gets lots of harassment/bullying for stuff that doesn’t break the current rules. I really don’t think we’re letting him spam more than any other users.

I only do topics in off-topic section under the anniversary topic in general

#98 2019-03-13 23:02:22, last edited by Different55 (2019-03-13 23:03:08)

Different55
Forum Admin

Luka504 wrote:

I won't deny that what I did was petty, but it got my point across very well. It's annoying when a discussion you took interest in suddenly gets cut off because the OP decided so. Unlike you, however, I had no way of unlocking Anatoly's topic to resume said conversation.

The only interest you had in any of his topics was interest in harassing the kid. Don't pretend like it was anything else. No valuable, heartfelt conversations you participated in have been shut down because the owner just felt like it. You're only whining because Anatoly's starting to take things into his own hands trying to get you guys to lay off and I have 0 sympathy for you there.

Luka504 wrote:

I didn't say they had any discussion value. They should have been merged with the chat thread, where non-topic(/discussion)-worthy topics go. And I don't care how much it's "begging" for it, you don't do it. What makes you think that just because he makes it easy, that it makes it okay?

The phrase "victim blaming" comes to mind with a lot of what you're saying.

- ShinsukeIto

#99 2019-03-14 00:27:07

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Different55 wrote:

You're only whining because Anatoly's starting to take things into his own hands trying to get you guys to lay off

and the drama around him is right now larger than it ever was on these forums. good job, clearly he picked the right path by making people hate him even more

you put it like we're simply bored and choose to harass a random forumer
but you dont see anybody else getting harassed as much over such a long period of time, do you?
maybe the """victim""" is the problem then?

i8SwC8p.png

#100 2019-03-14 00:57:38, last edited by Different55 (2019-03-14 00:57:48)

Different55
Forum Admin

the problem is you guys are choosing to harass the kid instead of using the 100% functional methods we already have to deal with less than perfect topics. the solution exists. I know it's not as fun as tormenting him but if you're actually bothered by his topics, you know what to do. this "problem" is partially your own creation.

- ShinsukeIto

Wooted by:
Luka5041553007607742954

Board footer