Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

Donate!

pls donate


#1 2018-11-29 21:49:43, last edited by MWstudios (2019-08-06 20:28:29)

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Minesweeper v1.5

Since my computer doesn't have Minesweeper (only on VirtualBox), I decided to make my own.
Programming took around 4 hours, thanks to this game engine
Also added customizable size and mine count to make it more fun (but abnormally small or huge values sometimes crash)
https://github.com/MWstudios/Minesweeper/releases

Version 1.5:

  • Minesweeper is now playable on an Xbox controller! (You still need a keyboard to type the values though.)
    Controls are explained in the "How to play" spoiler below and during the gameplay.

  • Also fixed some bugs and rewrote the victory system. Now a valid win is when all non-mine tiles are exposed.

How to play
Previous versions
Gameplay screenshots

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

Wooted by: (4)

#2 2018-12-05 14:07:54

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

Also thanks to the 2 people that downloaded my game today lol


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-12-05 22:07:29, last edited by Loganyoshi (2018-12-05 22:09:35)

Loganyoshi
Member
From: I am everywhere and everything
Joined: 2015-05-25
Posts: 256

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

I really love minesweeper, so seeing this actually makes me very happy. Bravo.

(Edit): It's too bad that every single one of my anti-virus soft-wares YELLED AT ME SAYING "VIRUS DETECTED. VIRUS DETECTED."

...

Still, Bravo.

Offline

Wooted by: (5)

#4 2018-12-06 16:22:44

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

Loganyoshi wrote:

I really love minesweeper, so seeing this actually makes me very happy. Bravo.

(Edit): It's too bad that every single one of my anti-virus soft-wares YELLED AT ME SAYING "VIRUS DETECTED. VIRUS DETECTED."

...

Still, Bravo.

That's the engine's problem I've been experiencing for a long time
I solved it by making an analysis exception in the folder where I download others' creations


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

Wooted by:

#5 2018-12-06 16:41:26

LukeM
Dev Team
From: England
Joined: 2016-06-03
Posts: 2,820
Website

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

MWstudios wrote:
Loganyoshi wrote:

That's the engine's problem I've been experiencing for a long time
I solved it by making an analysis exception in the folder where I download others' creations

afaik its because some virus detection programs work by assuming all programs are viruses until they can be uploaded to their servers to be tested more thoroughly, so when you release your own program its likely to be detected for a while until its tested.

Offline

Wooted by:

#6 2018-12-06 19:18:12

Loganyoshi
Member
From: I am everywhere and everything
Joined: 2015-05-25
Posts: 256

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

LukeM wrote:
MWstudios wrote:
Loganyoshi wrote:

That's the engine's problem I've been experiencing for a long time
I solved it by making an analysis exception in the folder where I download others' creations

afaik its because some virus detection programs work by assuming all programs are viruses until they can be uploaded to their servers to be tested more thoroughly, so when you release your own program its likely to be detected for a while until its tested.

MWstudios wrote:
Loganyoshi wrote:

I really love minesweeper, so seeing this actually makes me very happy. Bravo.

(Edit): It's too bad that every single one of my anti-virus soft-wares YELLED AT ME SAYING "VIRUS DETECTED. VIRUS DETECTED."

...

Still, Bravo.

That's the engine's problem I've been experiencing for a long time
I solved it by making an analysis exception in the folder where I download others' creations

Yeah I know - it's due to the fact that it's an unknown publisher and my anti-virus softwares don't like small things like that.
I still obviously downloaded it and played around on it.

Bravo.

Offline

Wooted by:

#7 2018-12-07 23:44:42

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

Note: It might be a bit annoying to always download a new version.
If I find out how to make an Auto Downloader, I'll upload it in version 1.4, but I highly doubt it.


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#8 2019-01-06 14:27:59

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

I decided to revisit my old project and updated it, just didn't make an auto downloader as I said, sorry


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#9 2019-01-06 14:34:41

TundrumMax
Formerly Memomemo
Joined: 2017-10-26
Posts: 322

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

You don't need to worry, just do what you feel happy doing.
Great work, I'm glad that you are testing things out. Can't wait to see what you do next!


Heck

TundrumMax.png

Signature by HG

Offline

Wooted by:

#10 2019-01-06 18:34:31, last edited by Security-Drone (2019-01-06 18:35:36)

Security-Drone
Formerly Killerthegreat
From: Chile (Homeland: UK)
Joined: 2015-02-18
Posts: 252

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

I used to use CTF 2.5 for making apps and games, still use it for minor games but for now, I'm trying to learn everything from scratch by using visual studio. That way I can understand everything from the ground up. Nice game btw, loved minesweeper back when it was on XP.


If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao2.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

Offline

Wooted by:

#11 2019-01-06 21:33:26

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

Killerthegreat wrote:

I used to use CTF 2.5 for making apps and games, still use it for minor games but for now, I'm trying to learn everything from scratch by using visual studio. That way I can understand everything from the ground up. Nice game btw, loved minesweeper back when it was on XP.

Well the engine what I use is theoretically C++ in images, and you learn it faster than actual C++.
It's over 20 years old (updates from 1997 to 2012) but it still checks out, so I recommend it.
Maybe at some point I'll go find out what all those functions mean in actual C++ and immediately switch to it


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#12 2019-03-03 21:05:02

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

The game engine apparently supports Xbox controllers, although it was created before Xbox even existed. So I added that into Minesweeper too.
I also looked at the Minesweeper forum, it was a bit cringy how seriously they take the game, but at least I learned there some new stuff.


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

#13 2019-03-03 21:07:32

Kizuna Ai
Formerly Night More
From: Brazil, Learn, Dev.
Joined: 2018-12-02
Posts: 220
Website

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

MWstudios wrote:

Since my computer doesn't have Minesweeper (only on VirtualBox), I decided to make my own.
Programming took around 4 hours, thanks to this game engine
Also added customizable size and mine count to make it more fun (but abnormally small or huge values sometimes crash)
https://github.com/MWstudios/Minesweeper

Version 1.5:

  • Minesweeper is now playable on an Xbox controller! (You still need a keyboard to type the values though.)
    Controls are explained in the "How to play" spoiler below and during the gameplay.

  • Also fixed some bugs and rewrote the victory system. Now a valid win is when all non-mine tiles are exposed.

How to play
Previous versions

No work, my MacBook and Wii U, Oooooof
*I no have*


Fernandinha is the name of NightMore

597883506441322498.gif 597883506441322498.gif

598596166539673650.gif Friendly
598597705505177670.gif Official

Offline

#14 2019-03-04 18:04:26

MWstudios
Member
From: World 4-2
Joined: 2018-04-06
Posts: 1,330

Re: Minesweeper v1.5

Fernandinha wrote:

No work, my MacBook and Wii U, Oooooof
*I no have*

You can run Windows programs on macOS with Wine, Different55 suggested it somewhere on the forums so it should work
https://www.winehq.org/


Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Offline

MWstudios1551719066741848

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1566661993.101 - Generated in 0.079 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.54 MiB (Peak: 1.78 MiB) ]