Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-20 03:10:35

TurtleCat

Recommending ee

I want to recommend everybody edits to a few of my friends, but the thing is this looks like a game similar to minecraft or roblox that is built for 9 year olds. I want to show them some of the cool and bad **** maps that are hard to complete. How would you go about doing this, or would you not do it at all?

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2019-02-20 03:35:58

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Re: Recommending ee

TurtleCat wrote:

I want to show them some of the cool and bad **** maps that are hard to complete.

show them extreme campaigns i guess
you'll show them both cool badass maps and campaign functionality at the same time
two birds with one stone

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#3 2019-02-20 04:46:41, last edited by Loganyoshi (2019-02-20 04:48:24)

Loganyoshi

I honestly think this is a great question. A major problem of the game is that it obviously has a low player count, and there aren't many active players every day. I feel like a main reason for this is its appeal audience. On the outside, it looks like a toddler's game where you play with god damn blocks and run around as a smiley icon that originated from facebook. There's more depth to the game though, and it's quite difficult to show players that "depth".

So, how could you possibly recommend a game like EE without it being an embarrassing predicament? I don't have an answer to this, because I don't really think you can. EE is a game where you have to kinda have to develop a sense of love for it over time.

Like TaskManager said, one solution could be showing them the extreme campaign, or commonly known worlds that just have a stupidly brutal difficult. This way, they can put aside their perspective of the game being childish.

For some extra bonus points, you could show them the forums. I honestly think that by showing them the EE forums, they'll see that there's a serious, semi-mature dedicated community to the game. Show them stuff like the game discussion, creative, worlds, hell, show them this topic right here! Wouldn't that ironic?

#4 2019-02-20 05:37:20

TurtleCat

Thanks, I'll just recording myself playing a few extreme minis that look cool.

#5 2019-02-20 07:07:19

peace

record yourself playing EE with soem maps and your own maps

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#6 2019-02-20 07:42:24

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

i think a fun thing you guys could do is make your own map together. you could also tell some of them about eeu if they're interested in continuing playing.
personally, i know something that got me hooked on the game was making levels (albeit trash) with my sister.

#7 2019-02-20 08:26:02

mikelolsuperman
Website

I used to make "Videos" of EE. When my friends found my channel they all started joking, so idk if I'd suggest it to my friends and how.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#8 2019-02-20 08:40:50

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Loganyoshi wrote:

On the outside, it looks like a toddler's game where you play with god damn blocks and run around as a smiley icon that originated from facebook.

Reading this made me laugh so hard. Because it’s true... //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad

★              ☆        ★        ☆         ★
   ☆    ★                     ★

#9 2019-02-20 10:43:32

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

Suggest to them when EEU is out would be better.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#10 2019-02-20 12:28:55

peace

another idea: show them switch based worlds vas normal worlds so they see normal worlds first whi cmay look a bit dull btu then they see the creativity of the payerbase with switches/bots

peace.png

#11 2019-02-20 16:07:43

mikelolsuperman
Website

It's pretty much like suggesting minecraft to someone who has never seen a screen. There is no goal or anything, it's a game where you build your own stuff and you can do many things in many different ways. You can compare pretty much anything from ee to something from minecraft. It's probably just a thing they want to play, you can't really get them to play it by showing how everthing works since it's not a game like mario bros for example where you go from platform to platform and then get to the end of the level, do it again on a harder level and then fight a boss. EE has a side with minigames, making art, making puzzles and machines. You would spend too much time to tell him why  you're playing and why you like it. They might not even like it so it's loss for you and them.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#12 2019-02-20 18:11:26

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:

like mario bros for example where you go from platform to platform and then get to the end of the level,

it is theoretically if you play someone else level

peace.png

#13 2019-02-20 18:22:32

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

like mario bros for example where you go from platform to platform and then get to the end of the level,

But that's not the main goal of the game. You can't beat everyody edits, you can beat user created levels if they have something like a parkour. Like yeah you can beat campaigns, which means you are beating levels, but you also have art levels, free edit levels, switch levels, levels that have nothing in them etc. For example geometry dash has a level creator that in some aspects looks like everybody edits. You can use spikes and blocks and you can use multijump or whatever to jump off in mid-air. You can't create levels you can't beat (Well if you hack maybe but other than that not) while you can in EE. You can beat minecraft since there is a boss, the dragon in the end. You can beat mario bros because there's a boss, bowser at the end. You can't beat ee though, since new levels keep coming and you can't beat all of them since not all of them are meant for parkour or whatever. EE is a sandbox game, it has no goal you have to achieve to finish the game. Playing someone else's level means you beat the level, but you didn't beat the game. If you play some other game and you beat level 1 you didn't beat the entire game, you just beat 1 level.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#14 2019-02-20 20:23:11

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

But that's not the main goal of the game. You can't beat everyody edits, you can beat user created levels if they have something like a parkour. Like yeah you can beat campaigns, which means you are beating levels, but you also have art levels, free edit levels, switch levels, levels that have nothing in them etc. For example geometry dash has a level creator that in some aspects looks like everybody edits. You can use spikes and blocks and you can use multijump or whatever to jump off in mid-air. You can't create levels you can't beat (Well if you hack maybe but other than that not) while you can in EE. You can beat minecraft since there is a boss, the dragon in the end. You can beat mario bros because there's a boss, bowser at the end. You can't beat ee though, since new levels keep coming and you can't beat all of them since not all of them are meant for parkour or whatever. EE is a sandbox game, it has no goal you have to achieve to finish the game. Playing someone else's level means you beat the level, but you didn't beat the game. If you play some other game and you beat level 1 you didn't beat the entire game, you just beat 1 level.

you can beat the game by doing the following:
1. get every single item possible (90K of multi purshcahhes and fill an entiere huge world wiht each of em and an set amount of each world)
2. beat all campaigns and get rainbow time on them
3. beat all the possible EE levels that are made since 2010 (GL on this)
4. become staff
5. porb more i forgot

peace.png

#15 2019-02-20 21:04:10

skullz17

mikelolsuperman wrote:

This is why I like things like contests, time trials, speedrunning, a competitive lobby, etc. It creates goals within the game for those that aren't able to create their own. Then the fact that the game can't be beat becomes a huge advantage as you could theoretically hold the interest of a player infinitely. And I think that's the beauty of EE. There are players that are drawn to the idea of being able to create whatever they imagine, and there are those who are motivated by a more competitive aspect. EE has the potential to attract both.

As others said, there is a lot of cool stuff in EE you could show your friends, and there's quite a variety. Some people will like the hard worlds and speedrunning, some will like creative mechanics using bots or just action blocks, some will like artsy story based worlds. Probably show them the stuff you think will appeal to them, if the smileys and blocks still put them off then you're probably not gonna get through to them.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#16 2019-02-20 21:23:10

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:

you can beat the game by doing the following:
1. get every single item possible (90K of multi purshcahhes and fill an entiere huge world wiht each of em and an set amount of each world)
2. beat all campaigns and get rainbow time on them
3. beat all the possible EE levels that are made since 2010 (GL on this)
4. become staff
5. porb more i forgot

But doing all that isn't like a reward like if you beat the final boss you see credits, or you get lots of xp and items to continue playing to get the best character for mutliplayer or freeplay or whatever. If you do all that all you get is 'Hello can you add this to ee, hello can you place this block, hello can you help with this, Ermagerd a staffmember is in my world aaa' and you probably don't feel like you accomplished anything. I for sure wouldn't get the feeling of beating the game if I had to 1 get every block, 2 do every possible level there is (While there are other ones being created as I do that) 3 beat a set of all those levels in under x time which is already hard and 4 qualify for a staffmember. It's just tedious and doesn't feel rewarding.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#17 2019-02-21 07:45:54

peace

do you really want to see a credits everytime you complete a game i dotn feel liek that but i still get to see that i dont care who made the game exept if i need the game dev for a bug

peace.png

#18 2019-02-21 10:04:52

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

do you really want to see a credits everytime you complete a game i dotn feel liek that but i still get to see that i dont care who made the game exept if i need the game dev for a bug

It's not like I look forward to seeing a 5 minute long unskippable credits video but I'd rather have something like that than it just sending you back to the lobby after you beat the last thing. Then it's just like 'Ok I got everything and what now' and not like you get a special smiley/block or something as a reward for getting everything besides that 1 smiley in the game.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#19 2019-02-21 15:35:10

peace

do you get anything after seeing a 5 minnute credits vid?

peace.png

#20 2019-02-21 15:44:31

Victoria
Formerly Koya556
Website

(I am playing: Minecraft and KoGaMa)
extreme campaigns i guess you'll
you're right he say 'TaskManger'

Yan Joshua knows as Nightmore, 7kudmath, Ygor Matheus, Kogor, Koya and RQ aka ~
I'm a professional artist, talented in various art forms, and also a programmer.
I had been playing Everybody Edits for four years ago. ~
Learning English and Japanese, Portugal ~
Native Portuguese speaker, fluent ~
20 years old, April 5, 2003. ~
He/Him ~

Contact information:
Discord: Kenny 💀#0578
In-game: 7KUDMATH
Xbox: YanJoshuaRQ
Steam: YanJoshuaRQ

#21 2019-02-21 15:56:04

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

do you get anything after seeing a 5 minnute credits vid?

Sometimes, but not always, but you atleast get the credits video which the creators spent time in and it's not just 'Ok you got everything we're not going to say congratulations or whatever. We're not even going to say it'

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#22 2019-02-21 18:25:22

peace

you already got 46857683468935689345683495 congratulations jfomr all the e elevles beaten

peace.png

#23 2019-02-21 18:29:39

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

you already got 46857683468935689345683495 congratulations jfomr all the e elevles beaten

I'm having a deja vu. Also that's not what I mean, you get a congratulations for beating 1 level too. It's like fireworks at the end of a level in mario bros.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

mikelolsuperman1550770179741355

Board footer