Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-02-18 14:59:01

Nexus221
Website

world save sytem improvement

when u left everybody edits.com just by closing the browser or closing the tab, then a backup of the world which is left unsaved will be made and when player enters the world again it will ask to load the backup or leave it how it is

#2 2019-02-18 15:35:54

peace

Re: world save sytem improvement

for makign this easier and not clogging the sever i woould only do this for the next x hour(s)

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#3 2019-02-18 21:39:29

Nexus221
Website

peace wrote:

for makign this easier and not clogging the sever i woould only do this for the next x hour(s)

1. how would it make it easier

2. there is a campaign backup if you leave it at a certain place, its not clogging the server is it?

3. and what if i leave for like a day, like i gtg or something and i had to leave everybody edits but i forgot to save it?

#4 2019-02-19 00:49:55

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Nexus221 wrote:

2. there is a campaign backup if you leave it at a certain place, its not clogging the server is it?

pretty sure peace is saying that he'd want to save it for x amount of hours afterward so it doesn't clog up the server storage. creating backups for nearly every world that was online recently could take up a bit of storage, i'd imagine. especially if it doesnt get deleted after a certain amount of time

this is the same idea for campaign progress because your progress resets in a campaign after 24 (?) hours of you not being there

Wooted by: (2)

#5 2019-02-19 07:05:54

peace

Nexus221 wrote:
peace wrote:

3. and what if i leave for like a day, like i gtg or something and i had to leave everybody edits but i forgot to save it?

what if u make a really good word doc and u didnt save it yet adn the electricity goes off?

peace.png

#6 2019-02-19 09:02:24

Nexus221
Website

eleizibeth wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:

pretty sure peace is saying that he'd want to save it for x amount of hours afterward so it doesn't clog up the server storage. creating backups for nearly every world that was online recently could take up a bit of storage, i'd imagine. especially if it doesnt get deleted after a certain amount of time

this is the same idea for campaign progress because your progress resets in a campaign after 24 (?) hours of you not being there

is it really going to take that much storage space? just the data of the world blocks?

#7 2019-02-19 09:03:15, last edited by Nexus221 (2019-02-19 09:03:33)

Nexus221
Website

peace wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:
peace wrote:

what if u make a really good word doc and u didnt save it yet adn the electricity goes off?

i dont understand you

#8 2019-02-19 10:01:52

MWstudios

Nexus221 wrote:
peace wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:
peace wrote:

i dont understand you

What if you make a really good document on Word and you haven't saved it yet and the electricity goes off?
Then that small battery icon in the bottom right corner will show without the picture of a plug

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#9 2019-02-19 10:04:59

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

Nexus221 wrote:
eleizibeth wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:

is it really going to take that much storage space? just the data of the world blocks?

i don't think it'd take up much space at all tbh. however, i think that keeping a lot of worlds' backups stored forever would clog up some stuff. i think maybe in eeu, backups could be stored locally

#10 2019-02-19 12:31:12

peace

MWstudios wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:
peace wrote:
Nexus221 wrote:
peace wrote:

i dont understand you

What if you make a really good document on Word and you haven't saved it yet and the electricity goes off?
Then that small battery icon in the bottom right corner will show without the picture of a plug

hwat if its not a laptop but a PC RIP document

peace.png

peace1550575872741274

Board footer