Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#26 2019-01-26 11:23:55

peace

Re: Hi, I'm Cercul1

capasha wrote:

Using your old password that got leaked 2015 isn't maybe the best thing?

can we please not make a new drama here wih a password that gotleaked you oculvde better pmed him that he needed ot chnage his pass instead of loggin in his acc

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by: (3)

#27 2019-01-26 16:13:22

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

peace wrote:
capasha wrote:

can we please not make a new drama here wih a password that gotleaked you oculvde better pmed him that he needed ot chnage his pass instead of loggin in his acc

ummm wtf
the post was deleted?

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by: (4)

#28 2019-01-26 16:36:17

mrjawapa
Corn Man ๐ŸŒฝ
Website

ninjasupeatsninja wrote:

since you've been programming for 7 years, what cool things have you done? what've you made thus far?

Id like to see some of your work too.

Discord: jawp#5123

#29 2019-01-26 18:18:34

peace

TaskManager wrote:
peace wrote:
capasha wrote:

ummm wtf
the post was deleted?

even if it was some people might sitll have the passord

peace.png

#30 2019-01-26 18:50:51

frostflare

i know my opinion probably doesn't matter. but, i have faith in you

Wooted by: (2)

#31 2019-01-26 18:51:54

Different55
Forum Admin

Was removed on request of owner, I hope we can all leave it at that.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#32 2019-01-26 18:53:32

mrjawapa
Corn Man ๐ŸŒฝ
Website

Different55 wrote:

Was removed on request of owner, I hope we can all leave it at that.

No, but thanks for asking.

#33 2019-01-26 18:54:52

Raphe9000

I've seen backlash from someone being modded before, but hacking into someone's account, accusing him of not knowing how to do what he was hired to do, and asking him to show proof of his programming knowledge outside of EE is a new level.

Look, I get it. Someone you never heard of before just became a developer, and all you know about him is what he can't do. That being said, let him show what he can do when he works on the game. If he has no idea what he is doing, that will show. Then you can pick up your pitchforks again. We don't know what he's capable of, and that shouldn't affect the future of the game. Can we please just be quiet until we see what he can do instead of asking for it beforehand? Stressing out new staff is not a way to get good feedback, and it's stupidly unfair to Cercul and Xenonetix right now.

#34 2019-01-26 19:43:04

mrjawapa
Corn Man ๐ŸŒฝ
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

and asking him to show proof of his programming knowledge outside of EE is a new level

Why is it bad to ask to see someone's work?

#35 2019-01-26 19:43:56

Norwee
Formerly NorwegianboyEE

Second what Raphe said. I asked for Cercul1 and that other guy to introduce themselves, and one did. Which is nice.
Let's not be a **** to him for that!

โ˜…              โ˜†        โ˜…        โ˜†         โ˜…
   โ˜†    โ˜…                     โ˜…

#36 2019-01-26 19:54:29

Raphe9000

mrjawapa wrote:

We will see his work when updates come out. That is how he will prove himself instead of with what he's done in past (that Xeno has probably already seen), especially since if he is a quick learner, his work today could be drastically different from a few months ago for all we know. We don't need someone to prove their ability to work on the game outside of the game. That just comes off as intimidating and untrusting.

NorwegianboyEE wrote:

Second what Raphe said. I asked for Cercul1 and that other guy to introduce themselves, and one did. Which is nice.
Let's not be a **** to him for that!

And to be honest, that's all we need right now. He introduced himself and answered questions, and we know a showcase of his abilities will come soon in an update. Speculation and doubt are fine, but people are taking it too far.

#37 2019-01-26 20:10:03

peace

he became a developer a week ago now he needs time ot ACTUALY DO SOMETHING to the game lets wait for the next 1-3 updates to see what his job was on them

peace.png

#38 2019-01-26 20:10:48

mrjawapa
Corn Man ๐ŸŒฝ
Website

Raphe9000 wrote:

We will see his work when updates come out. That is how he will prove himself instead of with what he's done in past

It's not an attempt for him to prove himself. I just wanted to see what he's done.

I couldn't care less about the **** he's made 4 years ago. I just want to see what he's done as a professional software engineer.

Raphe9000 wrote:

That just comes off as intimidating and untrusting.

Make sure to tell your future employer that, when they ask for resume.

#39 2019-01-26 20:12:06

poopdublio
Website

jawapa don't you know that asking for qualifications IS BAD

plz remove urself from the conversation

It's :clap: Spam :clap: If :clap: The :clap: Mods :clap: Don't :clap: Like :clap: It

Wooted by:

#40 2019-01-26 20:20:05, last edited by Raphe9000 (2019-01-26 20:20:19)

Raphe9000

mrjawapa wrote:

It's not an attempt for him to prove himself. I just wanted to see what he's done.

I couldn't care less about the **** he's made 4 years ago. I just want to see what he's done as a professional software engineer.

But people have made it clear that they do not believe he is suitable for the role and want to see his work to confirm/deny that point. I'm not saying you do, but many others do.

mrjawapa wrote:

Make sure to tell your future employer that, when they ask for resume.

Raphe9000 wrote:

That is how he will prove himself instead of with what he's done in past (that Xeno has probably already seen)

You're not his employer and probably won't ever be. It's the job of an employer to get this information, but Xeno has most likely already gotten it.

#41 2019-01-26 20:33:56

skullz17

Raphe9000 wrote:

You're not his employer and probably won't ever be. It's the job of an employer to get this information, but Xeno has most likely already gotten it.

The discussion wouldn't be taking place if we all trusted xeno to pick the right person. He has already shown that he cannot handle criticism well, and will probably take it as a personal attack if it is delivered in a tone he doesn't like (e.g. https://forums.everybodyedits.com/viewt โ€ฆ 46#p739446). So I wouldn't be surprised if he does not prioritise ability when choosing staff.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

Wooted by: (3)

#42 2019-01-26 21:17:37

Raphe9000

No matter your opinion on Xenonetix though, that's not Cercul's fault, so everything being directed at him is unfair.

#43 2019-01-26 21:28:08

SirJosh3917
Formerly ninjasupeatsninja

whoah now, why is there so much discussion about just wanting to know what he's done thus far?
if he's programmed for 7 years, he's bound to have some kind of cool project i can look at

AFAIC, he's practically a ghost - he's only made 90 posts on the forums for his 4 years of being here (taken by the forum stats right below his name, idk if they're inaccurate)
obviously he isn't a ghost though since he got hired be xeno, so he had to know him some how.

if i search "cercul1" on google, there isn't a lot of stuff related to him.

so, 7 years of programming, worthy enough to be hired by staff, but practically a ghost? personally, i don't want to make too many opinions on him yet due to the severe lack of information available. don't get me wrong, he might be an absolutely astounding developer who's the missing "oomph" to get EEU to the finish line, or an awful guy who does nothing, and ends up dissapearing like koya & mrshoe, for all i know.

#44 2019-01-26 22:14:35

skullz17

Raphe9000 wrote:

No matter your opinion on Xenonetix though, that's not Cercul's fault, so everything being directed at him is unfair.

I don't know how you're supposed to say that xeno's choice of staff is questionable without making it sound like they don't deserve their positions.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#45 2019-01-26 22:45:50

peace

my boss: this is hwo were gonna do it! me: i dont liek the way hwo youre handlign things bos: then leave an dget anothe rjob

peace.png

#46 2019-01-26 22:47:22

Raphe9000

skullz17 wrote:

I don't know how you're supposed to say that xeno's choice of staff is questionable without making it sound like they don't deserve their positions.

Maybe just don't attack/insult/harass the person directly?

#47 2019-01-26 22:56:15

peace

soo what i see if xeno is bad owner if he fires 3 staff and rehired 1 of them then hires 2 new staff to fill in the open spaces? LOOOL check reallife

peace.png

#48 2019-01-26 23:26:58

RavaTroll

What is your opinion on ducks ?

SNTDcGF.png Trolls be in da place, mon ! SNTDcGF.png

#49 2019-01-26 23:27:31

skullz17

Raphe9000 wrote:
skullz17 wrote:

Maybe just don't attack/insult/harass the person directly?

I don't think we have the same definition of attack/insult/harass then. I did not think anything in the topic was very insulting. I assume it is true that cercul was still using the same password that was leaked in 2015, and obviously the posts that zumza linked are real. These two pieces of evidence suggest that xeno made a poor decision. I think it is important that these things get brought up, but I'm still not understanding how you want people to make these points without directly implicating cercul.

m3gPDRb.png

thx for sig bobithan

#50 2019-01-26 23:42:18

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mrjawapa wrote:
Raphe9000 wrote:

and asking him to show proof of his programming knowledge outside of EE is a new level

It doesn't feel like people are just asking him questions though, it feels like most people are interrogating him. I think that a lot of the posts made in this thread have been made with hostile intent. People are looking for something to criticise about him and aren't going to be happy with whatever answer is given - or at least asking the questions with the expectation that they won't be happy with the answer. In case y'all haven't noticed, Cercul has seemingly stopped replying to this thread and I really don't blame him.

There's nothing wrong with wanting to know more. But the way people have gone about that has just been hostile. They don't say hi, they don't welcome, they don't congratulate; they just immediately respond to the introduction with a bombardment of questions that heavily imply that they doubt he is good enough. Everyone was complaining that the recent staff additions have been people that aren't too well known - it doesn't exactly help if we then treat them as mysterious foreign outcasts instead of welcoming them.

It may be a fair statement to say that there wouldn't be this backlash if it wasn't for the recent Xeno drama. But I honestly don't think that drama should pose any standards to judge these recent staff additions by. Xeno's problem is that he has anger issues and an inability to control his emotions at times. That leads him to not being able to respond to criticism too well and occasionally lashing out as we have seen. But I must ask, what part of that means that he's likely to make bad choices in staff? Xeno most certainly cares for the game. He 100% wants what's best for it. He's not going to hire people who aren't capable of doing their job. And despite Xeno trying to throw other reasons in to make his decisions seem more justifiable, I think it's clear he only fired people because he didn't get on with them (something that I personally see as valid anyway). It's been made clear that Cercul has a pre-established connection with Xeno - a pre-established trust. That's something that will make it easier for Cercul to provide criticism to Xeno. Think about it, if someone you trusted told you that you were doing something wrong instead of someone you didn't really know or perhaps didn't even like, then you are far more likely to respond better and take the criticism on board. Sure, it would still be better if Xeno could take criticism from everyone. But surrounding himself with people that he knows he's not going to respond negatively to isn't exactly a bad thing whilst he figures out whatever he needs to figure out to make himself more capable of acting professionally (Which, since it involves working on a part of his personality, really isn't as easy as just 'don't respond negatively').

Cercul is not obligated to answer anyone's questions. So what if he isn't the best programmer in the world? If he was, he wouldn't be wasting his time on a game like this. All that matters is that he's not completely trash to the point that he somehow messes everything up which he quite blatantly isn't going to do. People should just be grateful that there's a new set of hands to help development. Whether that help is 1 line of code or half the game it's still a contribution and I find the idea that he's somehow going to have a negative impact on the game completely ludicrous.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (5)
Victoria1553023352742976

Board footer