Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-07 06:18:25

Security-Drone

Driving theory...

Despite being underage I've been enrolled in driving lessons, (My dad says it has benefits if you're a teen who knows how to drive) and the company (conaset.cl) that manages everything says all applicants need to learn something called "driving theory"...

I'm okay with theories as long as I understand the maths, but this is different. Incorporating hazards, mental state, braking and thinking times (12 years, and a fortnight),etc... How I memorize all this is by throwing away all my memory regarding graphics design ability for EE. ...I'll think of something.

Does anyone have any tips for driving? The only experience I have are with bikes, quad-bikes, traction engines and command modules (to a certain degree).

If you need to contact me, use my discord ID 319247782932119554

BillSprite2.5.pngricarcao4.pngBillSprite2.5.png

RICARCAO1

#2 2019-01-07 06:21:25, last edited by mikelolsuperman (2019-01-07 06:21:52)

mikelolsuperman
Website

Re: Driving theory...

Killerthegreat wrote:

and thinking times (12 years, and a fortnight),etc..

Are you 12? The way you talk doesn't really look like a way a 12 year old would talk but maybe I just read this wrong.

Edit: I don't know anything about driving except in mario kart https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#3 2019-01-07 06:28:15

Security-Drone

mikelolsuperman wrote:
Killerthegreat wrote:

Are you 12? The way you talk doesn't really look like a way a 12 year old would talk but maybe I just read this wrong.

Edit: I don't know anything about driving except in mario kart https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/c/c0/069_LOL

Nope, //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue that was a reference to an old sci-fi comedy, where in a space craft, the braking distance is equal to a couple of years (roughly 12) and the thinking distance is a fortnight.
And yep, my other source of experience comes from simulators, and some old genesis game... Can't remember its name though.
I'm actually just a month past 17

RICARCAO1

#4 2019-01-07 06:33:16

mikelolsuperman
Website

Killerthegreat wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
Killerthegreat wrote:

Nope, //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue that was a reference to an old sci-fi comedy, where in a space craft, the braking distance is equal to a couple of years (roughly 12) and the thinking distance is a fortnight.
And yep, my other source of experience comes from simulators, and some old genesis game... Can't remember its name though.
I'm actually just a month past 17

Well happy birthday even though it's late. And I suggest not driving like it's a racing game as you will probably be injured and maybe die if you hit something/someone. And if you fall off the 'track' into water you might drown and stuff instead of being brought on the track again. So yeah I wouldn't suggest driving like you're in some simulator.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#5 2019-01-07 08:30:37

Zoey2070
Moderation Team

i haven't taken teenage driving ed but i did have to take an online course and my permit test like three times but it was mostly just knowing street signs which are fairly common sense. just remember: plenty of people stupider than you get their licenses each year!

anyways some general tips from someone who's only had their license a few months and nearly got in a wreck today but NARROWLY avoided it:

• when reversing, turn the wheel in the direction you want to go

• check your blind spots! that means you can't see it in the mirrors so you have to physically move your head and look

• also for adjusting mirrors my online course says u should be able to see the door handle but who knows if that's right

• SLOW DOWN FOR TURNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i took a turn way too fast today and my tires SQUEALED and i very very nearly wrecked

• keep ur hands at 3 and 9 according to my state laws anyways (basically at a 180 degree angle)

• try not to zone out

• honestly maybe practice with euro truck simulator or something where you actually have to follow laws and stuff

• get familiar with ur car's controls so you at least know how to turn on your brights/windshield wipers/defrost probably

all in all driving is scary and i don't like it but hopefully this helps a bit

proc's discorb UnGdm07.gif stylish themes for forums/the game UnGdm07.gif
꧁꧂L O V E & C O R N꧁꧂   ᘛ⁐̤ᕐᐷ
danke bluecloud thank u raphe   Gq8tv9Z.gif [this section of my sig is dedicated to everything i've loved that's ever died]
? Hc0cu9u.gif         6yG4Efc.gif

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2019-01-07 17:36:35

Security-Drone

Many thanks for the advice, I'll be sure to keep everything in mind for the tests, there are 2 exams, one is online and the other is some visual based exam. After that comes the crash course.
For me, I always forget something when multitasking. I hope I forget the minor things and not the major fatal things!

RICARCAO1

#7 2019-01-07 17:42:31

rat
Formerly eleizibeth

a few more (basic) things i'd like to add to zoey's post:
- look ahead, a lot of times children (and deer) will cross the road without looking
- know when to swerve and when to brake
- keep a safe distance from the driver in front of you in case they break suddenly

i'd also recommend taking a defensive driving course if available

#8 2019-01-07 18:08:26

mikelolsuperman
Website

eleizibeth wrote:

a few more (basic) things i'd like to add to zoey's post:
- look ahead, a lot of times children (and deer) will cross the road without looking
- know when to swerve and when to brake
- keep a safe distance from the driver in front of you in case they break suddenly

i'd also recommend taking a defensive driving course if available

Isn't there like this rule where you gotta wait for like 2 seconds or smth like you don't immediatly go so you don't hit the car in front of you.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#9 2019-01-07 18:44:20

peace

when you start driving you know how awefull you as a biker were on your bikecyle really you wiht ur phone on you rbikecycle...

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#10 2019-01-07 18:49:55

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

when you start driving you know how awefull you as a biker were on your bikecyle really you wiht ur phone on you rbikecycle...

People who use their phone while driving have a 104% chance of dying if I'm driving there cuz boi o boi I might actually be on my phone aswell and I didn't notice you being stupid so oopsie daisy. Just kidding but honestly that's just dumb.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#11 2019-01-07 19:03:01

peace

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

People who use their phone while driving have a 104% chance of dying if I'm driving there cuz boi o boi I might actually be on my phone aswell and I didn't notice you being stupid so oopsie daisy. Just kidding but honestly that's just dumb.

what i mean bike riders are awefull in the trafic tyou dont release until you actulay are driving a car

peace.png

#12 2019-01-07 20:47:14

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

its easy lol just hold W and press A/D

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

Wooted by:

#13 2019-01-07 21:04:32

peace

TaskManager wrote:

uh uh hes taking REAL driving lessons not an online acing game lol

peace.png

#14 2019-01-07 21:06:57

GreenyMix
Formerly Snivy2014

just crash into something and then you'll figure it out https://wiki.everybodyedits.com/images/f/fe/Smiley_smiley

#15 2019-01-07 21:13:05

peace

do it and greenymix will pay fro you

peace.png

#16 2019-01-07 21:25:53

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

what i mean bike riders are awefull in the trafic tyou dont release until you actulay are driving a car

How do you know? You can't drive. You aren't allowed to.

peace wrote:

I am pretty sure he won't tbh

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#17 2019-01-07 21:28:57

GreenyMix
Formerly Snivy2014

mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

i will you !@#$ing loser

#18 2019-01-07 21:38:11

mikelolsuperman
Website

GreenyMix wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
peace wrote:

i will you !@#$ing loser

@different55 he insulted me plx ban >:O.

Also what is KilllerTheGreat is gonna drive some 5 million  dollar car and drives it into a tower of paint buckets against a concrete wall? Car is broken, paint has to be redone, there's no idk what u call it company that gives you a part of the money. What u gonna do? Rob a bank and fix it? THat's how mafia works.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#19 2019-01-07 21:54:27

Jorc

peace wrote:
TaskManager wrote:

uh uh hes taking REAL driving lessons not an online acing game lol

Again, you missed a joke.