Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2019-01-03 00:29:24, last edited by ZeldaXD (2019-01-03 00:36:01)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

[Petition] Add time trial leaderboard for each campaign world

As the title indicates, recently time trials were added to Everybody Edits, but, to our surprise, there were no leaderboards to know who (and with which time) holds the world record for a specific level in a campaign. Kirby has created an official leaderboard in the forum, however, that needs to be manually modified which is obviously not optimal for something like this. Kirby may eventually get tired of updating it, which is another problem. Thus, the game should include a real leaderboard within the game, perhaps a top 10.

You may argue against this saying that "times can be cheated" and that "it would mess up the leaderboard". And while it is correct, impossible times such as 1 second (obviously cheated) could result in a ban. However, these cheaters could wait before touching the trophies to fabricate a "more realistic time". This is a problem within ALL speedrunning communities, and it has been discovered that some speedruns, even recorded ones, are fake, but this has not stopped speedrunning at all. One of these fake speedruns (Dragster world record) wasn't outed as a fake until 30 years later. So the argument that "times can be cheated!!" is no excuse against adding it. Campaigns can also be cheated and yet we have them.

Please watch the following videos:

Someone hacking shouldn't ruin the fun for everyone else.

Woot to sign this petition.

gLjTZE1.png

#2 2019-01-03 00:35:36

Andymakeer

Re: [Petition] Add time trial leaderboard for each campaign world

F

#3 2019-01-03 00:38:01, last edited by ZeldaXD (2019-01-03 01:03:55)

ZeldaXD
EE Homeboy
Website

1) It's not official
2) Some people are not able to record a video
3) New campaigns are not even included
4) Runs need to be verified by moderators. If there was an official in-game leaderboard, the server could just keep track
INB4 BUT MUH CHEATING! Check 5) and check the other videos in the OP
5) See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaUaaefKrTY

gLjTZE1.png

Wooted by:

#4 2019-01-03 01:43:52

KirbyKareem

how many people for petition to be YES

i want this ingame you stole my idea JK J KJ JK JK JK
please add this

VOKXwvt.png

#5 2019-01-03 11:26:02

peace

ZeldaXD wrote:

And while it is correct, impossible times such as 1 second (obviously cheated) could result in a ban.

when is a time too fast for cheating? i mean sure beatign an extreme world in 1 minute could be cheating but lets taake ruins (ancinet ruins T1) by far i think this is the easiest campaign map in ee simply because of difficulty and lengt of map now if you are really fast you could maby get a very fast time say 15 sec is cheating and record lies on 15.5 sec alll fine but if you beat it with 14.8?

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1546511162737138

Board footer