Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-12-10 03:19:17, last edited by rgl32 (2018-12-10 13:40:35)

rgl32

Issues with the campaign system

I kind of wanted to wait to see What would happen with EEU before writing this, but I haven't seen this addressed really at all and I think it's important to mention it now rather than when the game is out.

I know people are complaining about the campaigns for another reason but I have a bit of a different gripe about them.  The whole system was going to fail both in the long term and in its infancy.

It doesn't seem so bad in EE now because we had a massive backlog of worlds the staff had to choose from, along with some new levels being made, but it won't work in a new game for numerous reasons:

1: The backlog won't exist, which causes a very long wait time for good levels to be added, which causes campaigns to take a lot longer to be made.

2: assuming more people join and more levels are being created, a lot of good levels that would have already fit into a category won't have a good chance of being in a campaign depending on when they are created, this is still a bit of a problem now, but not many new levels are being made. If EEU gets any traction, it could be a massive problem in the future.

3: The system offers very little room for flexibility. I find this something that isn't great when dealing with UGC, and this might be an explanation why people believe the campaigns only cater to the best. The system is so set in stone, there are multiple levels that could fit but just don't because of either space or other limitations.

There are more but overall this system was somewhat fine for EE since it never really had an infancy stage with campaigns, as there were a ton of levels already created, a new game however won't, I don't see any way a campaign system like this will work in something that doesn't have a few years of levels to work off of. So that's the main reason why I posted this. Seeing as the campaign system have never been addressed in terms of EEU (at least I couldn't find it). I wanted to see what others thought in terms of the campaigns as a system, and less complaining of the minor things that have happened.

My idea of a different campaign system

TL;DR I believe the current campaign system won't work in a new game at all due to lack of levels and format of system, I'm curious if others think the same.

#2 2018-12-10 07:48:07

peace

Re: Issues with the campaign system

rgl32 wrote:

5 worlds completed total(3 needed in easy, 2 needed in medium, 1 needed in hard).

3+2+1=6

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

#3 2018-12-10 13:41:24

rgl32

peace wrote:
rgl32 wrote:

5 worlds completed total(3 needed in easy, 2 needed in medium, 1 needed in hard).

3+2+1=6

Thank you for pointing out one of the least important parts of my post and my lack of math skills when I am tired, I have fixed it.

#4 2018-12-10 14:55:33

KirbyKareem

smart //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue most of us just say

"campaign team sux" true
"campaign bully me" true true true kirby is going insane after silvermoonlight bullying him/her
"campaigns sucks learn to use the right tags" true

VOKXwvt.png

KirbyKareem1544450133734686

Board footer