Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-29 03:52:38

KirbyKareem

2 questions

I have 2 questions
1 for staff, 1 for players.

For Staff
For Players

VOKXwvt.png

Wooted by:

#2 2018-11-29 04:44:25

Jersa
Banned

Re: 2 questions

Common sense should answer your questions... If you have some of it.

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-11-29 05:37:00

Different55
Forum Admin

KirbyKareem wrote:

If I purposely gave my password to someone, and they delete my worlds, waste my gems, ruin my account, etc, will I be able to / allowed to restore it?

I'm not game staff, but no, it's not possible to restore it. Do not give your password out to *anyone* no matter who they are or what they say.

"Sometimes failing a leap of faith is better than inching forward"
- ShinsukeIto

#4 2018-11-29 08:06:09

mikelolsuperman
Website

Different55 wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:

If I purposely gave my password to someone, and they delete my worlds, waste my gems, ruin my account, etc, will I be able to / allowed to restore it?

I'm not game staff, but no, it's not possible to restore it. Do not give your password out to *anyone* no matter who they are or what they say.

You forgot to tell him that I'm a secret supermod that can ban xeno with my powers and give everyone 500000000 million gems and I am also super pro I beat all campaigns with 0 deaths. Don't actually give me your account info just for that, I can't even beat tutorial campaign

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#5 2018-11-29 17:37:45

Gosha

KirbyKareem wrote:

We have enough powers to control your account without a need for your password. Never give it to anyone no matter what, even to staff members

Wooted by:

#6 2018-11-29 18:08:57

mikelolsuperman
Website

Gosha wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:

We have enough powers to control your account without a need for your password. Never give it to anyone no matter what, even to staff members

Hmm can you guys also get my daily? I sometimes can't get my daily when it's on streak 300 or something (Like last summer //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/sad ) so it would be kinda useful. Probably no staff member would take the time to do that for me if it was possible

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

Wooted by:

#7 2018-11-29 18:26:54

peace

Gosha wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:

wtf you should neve rget these powers but if you have powers ot log in i woudl kindly liek it ifyou coudl do that evry summer im on vacation (if daily wil be a thing in EEU

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#8 2018-11-29 19:05:29

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:
Gosha wrote:
KirbyKareem wrote:

wtf you should neve rget these powers but if you have powers ot log in i woudl kindly liek it ifyou coudl do that evry summer im on vacation (if daily wil be a thing in EEU

They should, I think atleast. I mean they're staff, they're trusted people. If there's something they need your account for when you aren't active or anything and they can't contact you they should still be able to access. Also they don't have the time to play around with your account and stuff.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#9 2018-11-29 19:09:19

Gosha

peace wrote:

wtf you should neve rget these powers

Only ee admins have powers to edit the database. Aka: Xenonetix, Bytearray, LukeM and I. It's not a large list and everybody is trusted.

If something goes wrong with your account and no one has powers to access it and fix the problem - what are you going to do?

#10 2018-11-29 22:12:50

peace

Gosha wrote:
peace wrote:

wtf you should neve rget these powers

Only ee admins have powers to edit the database. Aka: Xenonetix, Bytearray, LukeM and I. It's not a large list and everybody is trusted.

If something goes wrong with your account and no one has powers to access it and fix the problem - what are you going to do?

ture but can you guys alos just manualy set th elogn streak? if so are you or any other admin willing to do it if an user goes on vacation wiht no ee?

peace.png

#11 2018-11-29 23:24:30

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

ture but can you guys alos just manualy set th elogn streak? if so are you or any other admin willing to do it if an user goes on vacation wiht no ee?

They probably could do that, but I don't see why they ever should. If you go on holiday and have no internet then it's just unfortunate that you can't continue your logic streak. But that isn't exactly the end of the world

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

#12 2018-11-30 15:05:55

mikelolsuperman
Website

mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:

They probably could do that, but I don't see why they ever should. If you go on holiday and have no internet then it's just unfortunate that you can't continue your logic streak. But that isn't exactly the end of the world

It is. Imagine it's day 20 and your internet is dead. You just missed out on 3 gems.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#13 2018-11-30 15:17:26

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

If you were so determined to collect all daily login rewards you would've had lots of backups. There's no reason at all to complain about this other than the players themselves' laziness to solve their login streak non-technical issues.

If you lose your streak because of any reason that is not a game issue, just deal with it. I've done so lots of times, why can't you?

Wooted by:

#14 2018-11-30 15:19:07

mikelolsuperman
Website

HG wrote:

If you were so determined to collect all daily login rewards you would've had lots of backups. There's no reason at all to complain about this other than the players themselves' laziness to solve their login streak non-technical issues.

If you lose your streak because of any reason that is not a game issue, just deal with it. I've done so lots of times, why can't you?

Because gems. I'm joking lol

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

#15 2018-11-30 17:03:27

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

mikelolsuperman wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:

It is. Imagine it's day 20 and your internet is dead. You just missed out on 3 gems.

Tough. You don't meet the requirements for the daily login, then you don't get the rewards.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by:

#16 2018-11-30 17:29:42

peace

mutantdevle wrote:
mikelolsuperman wrote:
mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:

Tough. You don't meet the requirements for the daily login, then you don't get the rewards.

imaagine youre on your way to 1K days youre on 998 tommorrowyou go on holiday with no internet you log in 1 last da ybefore leaving and get 999 omfg im SO CLOSE cmon *enetr staff emmebr name here* can you please log in for me fo rthe past few days until  im back?

peace.png

#17 2018-11-30 17:38:23, last edited by drunkbnu (2018-11-30 17:40:18)

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

peace wrote:

imaagine youre on your way to 1K days youre on 998 tommorrowyou go on holiday with no internet you log in 1 last da ybefore leaving and get 999 omfg im SO CLOSE cmon *enetr staff emmebr name here* can you please log in for me fo rthe past few days until  im back?

That's completely your issue. You should have taken your backup plans before going to holiday and if you still didn't manage to do so, sad for you. This is not an issue of any sort, this is simply how life works.

Wooted by:

#18 2018-11-30 18:01:00

capasha

If people care so much about login streaks. Then use atilla's energy spender, which also use login streaks.
Add it to a VPS and let it run every hour, and this will no longer be a problem.

#19 2018-11-30 18:15:19

peace

yeah and run your pc the ENTIRE vacation?

peace.png

#20 2018-11-30 18:46:32

mikelolsuperman
Website

peace wrote:

If you put it in a freezer that's inside a freezer that's inside a block of earth on top of the highest point of the south pole and your holiday is 1 week it might survive.

BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

Wooted by: (3)

#21 2018-11-30 18:48:28

mutantdevle
Moderation Team
Website

peace wrote:

Instead of complaining about not getting your logic streak, you should appreciate that you get to go on holiday. Not everyone gets that kind of opportunity. Going on holiday is so much more valuable than getting virtual rewards on an online game. If you think otherwise then you probably need to do some reevaluation in your life. We've all lost out on streaks for whatever reason. Too tired to play games, busy doing coursework, just straight up forgot. Sure, it wouldn't be your fault that you didn't log in even though you wanted to, but it's not the staff's fault either. You don't get rewarded just because you want to be.

kMMA0S6.png dxGW6FY.png

Wooted by: (3)

#22 2018-11-30 19:34:30

capasha

peace wrote:

Where did I say you need to use your own PC? Didn't I write VPS?

Wooted by: (4)

#23 2018-11-30 20:25:22

peace

mutantdevle wrote:
peace wrote:

Instead of complaining about not getting your logic streak, you should appreciate that you get to go on holiday. Not everyone gets that kind of opportunity. Going on holiday is so much more valuable than getting virtual rewards on an online game. If you think otherwise then you probably need to do some reevaluation in your life. We've all lost out on streaks for whatever reason. Too tired to play games, busy doing coursework, just straight up forgot. Sure, it wouldn't be your fault that you didn't log in even though you wanted to, but it's not the staff's fault either. You don't get rewarded just because you want to be.

sure a vacation is worth a hella lot i do know and eys ive lost my streak some time sbecause of vacation (or school camp) but it hsouldn tbe far if you simoply CANT login and if you just kindly ask a staff memeber why nto give it a tyr?

peace.png

#24 2018-11-30 21:03:27

drunkbnu
Formerly HG

peace wrote:

sure a vacation is worth a hella lot i do know and eys ive lost my streak some time sbecause of vacation

Then why would you complain?

It's not the staff's responsibility to take care of people unable to recover their login streaks for completely practical reasons. There's nothing to ask. If you lose your streak because of non-game-issue reasons, it's your and only your problem.

#25 2018-11-30 22:29:41

KirbyKareem

omg im back finally from my ban of asking anatoly what her post was about FINALLY
ok so
i started a debate apparently
someone pls explain what happened
other than
i shouldnt let anyone finish last 3-4 minis in starlight for me
what else happened

What else happened?

VOKXwvt.png

KirbyKareem1544537558734753

Board footer