Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-28 15:25:08

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 816

sign commands addition

Until the key binding system appears, there are one small problem
Now signs like "holding space helps in this minigame", you has to say "holding jump button helps in this minigame"
it's can confuse some people, so my suggestion is to add commands like:
%jumpbutton%
%worldinteractionbutton%
%npcinteractionbutton%
ect...
of course going left and right wouldn't be a problem
btw in the loading screen the primal instruction isn't really helpfull after jump or NPC interaction key rebinging, but of course it's not so confusing, because only newbies could need them to get know the game


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

Wooted by: (2)

#2 2018-11-28 15:31:33

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 3,005

Re: sign commands addition

Left and right can be a problem as they can also be rebinded. Like left(w) into (o) or sth like this


she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Offline

#3 2018-11-28 15:39:01

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 816

Re: sign commands addition

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Left and right can be a problem as they can also be rebinded. Like left(w) into (o) or sth like this

for me you could just write "press left", because you can't rebind arrow keys, but it's only suggestion so, maybe %alternativeleft% or %alternativeright/up/down% would be added


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

Wooted by:

#4 2018-11-28 15:40:46

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG
Joined: 2016-08-27
Posts: 3,005

Re: sign commands addition

Trytu wrote:
2B55B5G TNG wrote:

Left and right can be a problem as they can also be rebinded. Like left(w) into (o) or sth like this

for me you could just write "press left", because you can't rebind arrow keys, but it's only suggestion so, maybe %alternativeleft% or %alternativeright/up/down% would be added

Oh you mean arrow keys


she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Offline

#5 2018-11-28 16:29:17

peace
Member
From: admin land
Joined: 2015-08-10
Posts: 9,226

Re: sign commands addition

Trytu wrote:

Until the key binding system appears, there are one small problem
Now signs like "holding space helps in this minigame", you has to say "holding jump button helps in this minigame"
it's can confuse some people, so my suggestion is to add commands like:
%jumpbutton%
%worldinteractionbutton%
%npcinteractionbutton%
ect...
of course going left and right wouldn't be a problem
btw in the loading screen the primal instruction isn't really helpfull after jump or NPC interaction key rebinging, but of course it's not so confusing, because only newbies could need them to get know the game

this can be fixed by just manualy write hold jump button the loadscren info needs defiently an update and a nicer screen


peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Offline

Wooted by:

#6 2018-11-28 18:44:59

Trytu
Member
From: Poland
Joined: 2017-12-10
Posts: 816

Re: sign commands addition

peace wrote:

this can be fixed by just manualy write hold jump button the loadscren info needs defiently an update and a nicer screen

now think about old platform games like rayman where tutorial guy was saying "press jump button to jump" or "press action button to do action"
it's funny and quite annoying xD
or "press forward button and jump button in teh same time, to jump forward"
old games had that type of tutorial (actually some low budget games has simmilar problem).


4puJMaQ.png
Thanks to Nikko99 for signature
https: //media.discordapp.net/attachments/402174325349941249/482121641745186816/KHiX2DEFewAAAABJRU5ErkJggg.png
https: //i.imgur.com/YFtzyXA.png

Offline

Trytu1543427099733606

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB

[ Started around 1721215427.246 - Generated in 0.026 seconds, 12 queries executed - Memory usage: 1.47 MiB (Peak: 1.61 MiB) ]