Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-23 03:34:36

Andymakeer

Resource Effect

Hi all!

Now presenting the Resource Effect!
wIA6vZC.png
Its a custom variable system that stores an unique number value for each resource you add!

Here is how it works

Resource Trigger

ltUchjF.png
It initializes the unique number value that will be used for the specified resource.
It uses this window as manager:
F8msb3Y.png
The ID box must represent a Decoration Block ID. Each resource will be represented by its icon, and only 1 resource can use the same Decoration at the same time.

If you hit a Resource Trigger that is already set on, it switches, disabling that resource.

Example:
eSU6ZZA.png
Flower being used as Resource. Left is an ON Trigger, right is an OFF Trigger.

Resource Adder and Subtractor

Increases or decreases a Resource amount.
kh3efPx.png
This only works if the specified resource has already being initialized by Resource Trigger.
If the resource is disabled by turning off a Resource Trigger, the amount is reset to None.

Example:
HPxNsHC.png
Left, a Resource Adder increasing +2 to flower resource. Right, a Resource Subtractor decreasing -2 to flower resource.
YEHWDbr.png
The effect display for resources. Notice the color is different from normal effects. In the middle, how the resource appears after you initialize it without changing its amount.

Resource Gate and Door

Closes/Opens if the player has a resource amount equal or higher than the specified resource amount.
VM0PZH8.png
These are the two blocks you'll use to tell what the player can (or cannot) do with its current resource amount.

Example:
9SiALcj.png
Flower resource gate that needs at least 2 amount and flower resource door that needs at least 2 amount.
ANlGJ9P.png
An example window of placing a resource gate.

Thats it!
Hope you like the idea!
//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

F

#2 2018-11-23 07:15:00

Anatoly

Re: Resource Effect

24/7

I can think of so much uses for it.

Wooted by:

#3 2018-11-23 07:46:53

peace

YES STAFF ADD ADD ADD

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

Wooted by:

#4 2018-11-23 08:11:59

mikelolsuperman
Website

If you get +5 and -2 active at the same time do you get 3 then? Or can only 1 be active.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#5 2018-11-23 13:04:45

Nexus221
Website

yes please

#6 2018-11-23 13:50:51

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I think this will only happen in EEU

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

#7 2018-11-23 15:46:02

KirbyKareem

Anatoly wrote:

24/7

peace wrote:

YES STAFF ADD ADD ADD

Nexus221 wrote:

yes please

What's so good about it? You can just make the same thing with switches. Go play aurora crystal, it's fun, time-burner, good difficulty, puzzle, and shows how you can do this without a new block.

VOKXwvt.png

#8 2018-11-23 16:45:24, last edited by MWstudios (2018-11-23 16:46:17)

MWstudios

nah they won't add this
so many good, wooted suggestions were posted and almost none of them made it into the game
though it's a good suggestion

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

#9 2018-11-23 17:10:11

mikelolsuperman
Website

KirbyKareem wrote:
Anatoly wrote:

24/7

peace wrote:

YES STAFF ADD ADD ADD

Nexus221 wrote:

yes please

What's so good about it? You can just make the same thing with switches. Go play aurora crystal, it's fun, time-burner, good difficulty, puzzle, and shows how you can do this without a new block.

You can kind of make decoration doors.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

Wooted by:

#10 2018-11-23 23:33:16

Andymakeer

mikelolsuperman wrote:

If you get +5 and -2 active at the same time do you get 3 then? Or can only 1 be active.

The adder and subtractors are not switches. Once you hit them, they change your current resource amount using the value you already own for that resource.

KirbyKareem wrote:

This level is mine btw. Im not into finish building it because EE can no more hold the switch and portal amount, it overloads the storage size cap.
Resource Effect would both ease building the whole system and decrease by a lot the map storage size (maybe? idk how EE handles it).

F

#11 2018-11-24 00:27:58

bunglybongle

this is actually one of the best ideas of all time for ee
this could be used to create really nice adventure maps

Wooted by:

#12 2018-11-24 14:37:54

Latif

This is actually really good. It's similar to the highly requested points feature. It would be nice to have a 'set' too that sets the amount of recources you have. A command to add/subtract/set an amount of recourses would also be extremely useful for bot assisted worlds. Bot creators would be able to show stats on the player's screen instead of having them to write '!wins' the whole time.

The only problem I see here is when someone has lots of different recourses. It would make the screen look cluttered when you have 10+ different recources for example.

#13 2018-11-24 15:09:51

peace

Latif wrote:

This is actually really good. It's similar to the highly requested points feature. It would be nice to have a 'set' too that sets the amount of recources you have. A command to add/subtract/set an amount of recourses would also be extremely useful for bot assisted worlds. Bot creators would be able to show stats on the player's screen instead of having them to write '!wins' the whole time.

The only problem I see here is when someone has lots of different recourses. It would make the screen look cluttered when you have 10+ different recources for example.

/inv

peace.png

thanks hg for making this much better and ty for my avatar aswell

peace1543068591733194

Board footer