Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-11-13 07:05:43

Brotanium

What is the Future of Everybody Edits?

Hello!

I used to play this game way back when I was in middle school and I used to be pretty addicted to it. My username was Gamerbro64 and I even made an idea video back in the day. Now I am a Sophomore in college for computer science and I just wanted to check on the game. I see there is not a lot of people online. When I used to play there was always over a few thousand online. I was wondering what the future of this game will be. I heard about the reboot but I am not completely sure on the specifics. I really want this game to thrive again because I saw a lot of potential in it and have a ton of good memories playing and building on it. I actually think it would be neat if I could work on it too but I am not sure yet. The game definitely needs to be ported to something that does not use Adobe Flash player since the days of Flash are long gone. Unity or Gamemaker would be great alternatives with easy exporting. I really do think Everybody Edits could work on consoles like the Nintendo Switch. I haven't really checked on this game for years and it is just weird to see it now.

If anyone has any questions about me please feel free to ask.

Old Youtube Video (I guess you can't post links anymore): Everybody Edits Smiley Ideas by Brotanium

Wooted by: (3)

#2 2018-11-13 07:09:39

MWstudios

Re: What is the Future of Everybody Edits?

They said it'll be a HTML game, not Unity

Time before becoming a Member - Leaderboard
1. Whirl - 9 months
2. KirbyKareem - 8 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months
5. ILikeTofuuJoe - 1.5 months
giphy.gif Piskel is the best GIF maker I've seen
HG's signature for me - Anatoly's signature for me
The Mashed Potatoes Song - The longest post on EE forums - Play my Minesweeper

Wooted by: (2)

#3 2018-11-13 07:19:42, last edited by N1KF (2018-11-13 07:25:37)

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

In February, Xenonetix, the current owner of the game made a topic explaining the plans for the reboot in HTML5, known now as Everybody Edits Universe. It should become public early 2019 as things transition over.

I'm don't know about about ports to systems like the Nintendo Switch, but for a while now we've heard some talk about the game getting on mobile devices and Steam, so I'm sure the Staff have thought about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=myvwpJHXVO0

To make sure spambots don't flood the forums, you have to make enough posts first to post links or images. I actually remember watching video that many years ago...!

Everybody Edits is Fred

#4 2018-11-13 07:44:56, last edited by Brotanium (2018-11-13 07:50:03)

Brotanium

Well HTML5 works too. I think having a dedicated engine would be easier but the devs probably know what they are doing. The game really does have a lot of potential as games like Super Mario Maker have succeeded. So I see that there is a new team now. What is RPGMaster and Chris up to?

Also what happened the background on this forum? The forum looks sad without it.

#5 2018-11-13 07:57:02

MWstudios

Brotanium wrote:

Well HTML5 works too. I think having a dedicated engine would be easier but the devs probably know what they are doing. The game really does have a lot of potential as games like Super Mario Maker have succeeded. So I see that there is a new team now. What is RPGMaster and Chris up to?

Also what happened the background on this forum? The forum looks sad without it.

I see you like Nostalgia theme too
Profile > Display > Styles

1. Whirl - 9 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months

Wooted by:

#6 2018-11-13 07:59:37

Brotanium

Thank goodness! The nostalgia theme looks so much better. Why did they even change it? Also is there a way you can combine my gamerbro64 account that I used to have on this forum or is that account just dead? What are the old devs up to? Sorry for all the questions. I have missed a lot.

#7 2018-11-13 08:04:28

mikelolsuperman
Website

Brotanium wrote:

Thank goodness! The nostalgia theme looks so much better. Why did they even change it? Also is there a way you can combine my gamerbro64 account that I used to have on this forum or is that account just dead? What are the old devs up to? Sorry for all the questions. I have missed a lot.

You could ask staff to combine your account but you probably still have to prove it's your account. Also the staff that was on EE when you played are all gone. Maybe there is still someone playing but they aren't staff anymore.

Blue is my favourite color
BhC68b8.png

Signature made by Nebula

I also like lasagna, but not when it's blue

#8 2018-11-13 10:08:36

TaskManager
Formerly maxi123

Brotanium wrote:

Your attitude and polity sure does bring a breath of fresh air to this forum community
RPGMaster and Chris are long gone, have been gone for years
The game suffered from numerous changes of staff, being tossed around like a hot potato, but it's settled down for now

i8SwC8p.png
signature by HG, profile picture by bluecloud, thank!!
previous signature by drstereos

#9 2018-11-13 12:56:17

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I joined EE since 2015, when I played EE in 2015 there are at least hundreds of people per day, but now less than a hundred.
Well, I’m not good at coding or whatever, just a random player wandering around in EE so I really can’t help.
But I hope the new EE (EEU) will be better because I still see hope. Xenonetix is a good owner (not for some people) because he is kind and always talk to people, and he puts effort into updates (maybe some only?idk)
I just wish the future in the EE will be good.

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#10 2018-11-13 13:43:24, last edited by LukeM (2018-11-13 13:49:32)

LukeM
Website

2B55B5G TNG wrote:

when I played EE in 2015 there are at least hundreds of people per day, but now less than a hundred

Mandatory "players per day is not the same as concurrent players" XD, EE still has >1000 daily players, they're just not all on at the same time.

Anyway, a summary of EEU:

• We currently have a few medium-large updates planned for EE (or at least large features/changes, I guess its possible that multiple are released in the same update), then we're going to be moving to primarily working on EEU

• EEU is basically being remade from scratch, so its being treated similar to a new game, they'll both be running in parallel for a while during the transition, little is being carried over from one to the other, etc.

• Not requiring compatibility between the two versions allows us to make much larger changes to the mechanics, and to revert mistakes / bad decisions from the past which are currently just used too much to be changed (e.g. some of the physics bugs)

• EEU will be an HTML5 game, so will be playable in the browser without the need for plugins, extensions, etc.

• It will also hopefully have much better future support, as JavaScript is an open standard used by pretty much everything web based, so its very unlikely that it will go the same way as flash (if you haven't heard, its being discontinued in a couple of years)

• This time, we'll be creating the game with expandability in mind, so hopefully it should be much easier to add new features in the future //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/big_smile

• We plan to have a closed beta for EEU early next year, where anyone with beta membership in the current EE can try it out, hopefully both giving players a taste of the new game, allowing them to give feedback about what they think is good / should be different, and helping us find the bugs we've missed during alpha testing

Wooted by:

#11 2018-11-13 14:36:20

2b55b5g
Formerly 2B55B5G TNG

I found a lot of bugs in EE so hopefully I can find more bugs in EEU //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Jk I hope no bugs will happen lol

she/her

also known as DevilCharlotte

search 2bisniekitastan if you wanna find my worlds on ArchivEE

pfp: https://picrew.me/image_maker/1272810

Wooted by:

#12 2018-11-13 17:03:43

MWstudios

There's one thing I've been wondering:
when I see HTML, it's mostly just a website with some fonts, <h1>s, borders and some css stuff.
The question is: how do you make a game on this text editor? are there more commands then just text?

1. Whirl - 9 months
3. pwnzor - 2.4 months
4. MWstudios - 2 months

#13 2018-11-13 17:14:48, last edited by rgl32 (2018-11-13 17:16:56)

rgl32

MWstudios wrote:

when I see HTML, it's mostly just a website with some fonts, <h1>s, borders and some css stuff.
The question is: how do you make a game on this text editor? are there more commands then just text?

Most likely the canvas tool, using javascript to manipulate the graphics on it. There's a lot more flexibility to HTML5 than just text and css styling.

#14 2018-11-13 18:22:27, last edited by LukeM (2018-11-13 19:36:04)

LukeM
Website

MWstudios wrote:

HTML5 is generally used to refer to HTML5 features + JavaScript, although I guess you'd be right in saying that technically it is just the content / styling.

In this case, as rgl32 said, we'll be using HTML5 canvases (basically an image element that can be modified) + JavaScript //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

Wooted by:

#15 2018-11-13 19:50:57

Brotanium

I am excited to see how EEU turns out. I think developing for the game would be pretty cool so if I can contribute in any way I would be happy. I am a Computer Science Major and a Digital Arts and Sciences Minor.

#16 2018-11-14 18:44:21

N1KF
Wiki Mod
Website

Brotanium wrote:

So I see that there is a new team now. What is RPGMaster and Chris up to?

Wow, that could be a topic on its own.

RPGMaster2000 started working on his own indie horror game, called Sound of Silence. While I can't find any proof of this, it's also probably the game found here.

Chris has his own website and founded the FRVR gaming company. He travels the world while working on games. His game Hex FRVR went rather viral when it was released in 2015.

Everybody Edits is Fred

#17 2018-11-14 20:30:14

Anatoly

Pay for patreon, they only release news to customers

Anatoly1542223814731912

Board footer