Official Everybody Edits Forums

Do you think I could just leave this part blank and it'd be okay? We're just going to replace the whole thing with a header image anyway, right?

You are not logged in.

#1 2018-10-03 22:08:49

Fairy
Banned

Taken, rare nickname for free

Here is a small tutorial on how to get a used name if the account is not active for more than 5-6 years.
You need to know exactly what name you want to use.
Good reason you decided to use that name.
Remember that only the date of the account is not the reason and motivation to give you this name.

As the owner of the game said earlier - depends on the consent of the staff. I asked one question to each member of the staff, they agree. I want to say that it is NOT necessary to GIVE 50 GEMS, you will be given the right to a new name for free. Date the account will stay the same, there's nothing you can do about it.
Of course, this feature will be available in the game reebot. When all inactive accounts will be deleted, you can pick up one of the rare names, depending on the release interval of the reboot and the time when you create the account. Now, back in the present, I don't see anything wrong with asking the owner for permission to use the name you want. This will clear the list of inactive players in the system (which will be good). Everything will be fair and legal.
Xenonetix#0834

Sorry xenonetix, I promised not to talk about it, but how can I not share such important information in front of other players.

yeah btw. Knowledge it, respect the person. He is not a machine

Hidden text

Now think about why you need it when you can come up with something of your own.

//forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/smile

#2 2018-10-03 22:27:19

Xenonetix
Past Owner
Website

Re: Taken, rare nickname for free

akahaka wrote:

I promised not to talk about it, but how can I not share such important information in front of other players.

Because of the meaning of the word "promise"?

Xenonetix-2.png

#3 2018-10-03 22:54:02

Vitalijus
Website

Didn't we know this already?

wn7I7Oa.png

#4 2018-10-04 00:01:36

azurepudding

Hello yes I would like to use the name MegaLamb thank you.

Azure2.png

Wooted by:

rat

#5 2018-10-04 00:34:14

KirbyKareem

I woud LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE to use the name nou

VOKXwvt.png

Wooted by: (3)

#6 2018-10-04 00:36:22

Schlog

this is probably why xeno didnt want u sharing this

#7 2018-10-04 03:40:28

Yu

Yu messed up

Wooted by: (2)

#8 2018-10-04 03:44:42

cpcrabs

I didn't know this was a secret?

17 i think

#9 2018-10-04 12:14:12

Prodigy

We already knew this, give us information we don't know. Previously, they would take 50 gems from you because a name change is a name change.

h0qIF0q.png

#10 2018-10-04 15:52:15

Tomahawk
Forum Mod

Xenonetix wrote:
akahaka wrote:

I promised not to talk about it, but how can I not share such important information in front of other players.

Because of the meaning of the word "promise"?

Expecting non-staff to keep game "secrets" is just naïve.

One bot to rule them all, one bot to find them. One bot to bring them all... and with this cliché blind them.

#11 2018-10-04 16:16:48, last edited by Fairy (2018-10-04 16:18:26)

Fairy
Banned

Prodigy wrote:

We already knew this, give us information we don't know. Previously, they would take 50 gems from you because a name change is a name change.

so how did I got permission to create account "aka" for FREE?
Simply, this is not a name change but the creation of a new account.

#12 2018-10-04 16:23:28, last edited by Fairy (2018-10-04 16:26:48)

Fairy
Banned

Vitalijus wrote:

vUMB83Q.png
Think logically, if you knew it, why not ask for this xeno? I'm sure everyone wants a rare name. At the same time, he writes that *a hundred people will ask me about it*, he wrote it in a future form, which means that no one has asked him about this question before. I have concluded that this information is unknown for a large number of players. Maybe I promised not to disclose it in public, but why would the game hide something from us?

#13 2018-10-04 21:33:23

azurepudding

akahaka wrote:
Vitalijus wrote:

https://i.imgur.com/vUMB83Q.png
Think logically, if you knew it, why not ask for this xeno? I'm sure everyone wants a rare name. At the same time, he writes that *a hundred people will ask me about it*, he wrote it in a future form, which means that no one has asked him about this question before. I have concluded that this information is unknown for a large number of players. Maybe I promised not to disclose it in public, but why would the game hide something from us?

I'm thinking they don't want it known that special exceptions can be made- if one can do it, why not someone else, and someone else, and someone else.. etc.

Also ow, promising and going back on your word.

Azure2.png

#14 2018-10-05 12:13:03

Prodigy

akahaka wrote:
Prodigy wrote:

so how did I got permission to create account "aka" for FREE?
Simply, this is not a name change but the creation of a new account.

I didn't need to create a new account to get my name changed from "Prodigy5996" to just "Prodigy." I just asked Nou (I think) to change it for me for 50 gems.

h0qIF0q.png

#15 2018-10-05 14:16:34, last edited by LukeM (2018-10-05 23:48:12)

LukeM
Website

Just fyi a lot of this is incorrect / misleading

Most importantly:

akahaka wrote:

Here is a small tutorial on how to get a used name if the account is not active for more than 5-6 years.

Age of the account isn't the main concern when doing this, its mostly how much stuff they have, if they have a large number of worlds then they are fairly likely to come back even if they have been inactive for multiple years, so we're pretty much never going to give you the name, while if its an account that was obviously only used a few times then the chances of them coming back are close to 0.

akahaka wrote:

As the owner of the game said earlier - depends on the consent of the staff. I asked one question to each member of the staff, they agree.

Asking members of staff yourself is not a good way to go about this (or at least not with me), it makes it sound like when one of your parents said no so you go to the other one and ask them, its much better to leave the discussion about this to the staff chat //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

akahaka wrote:

I want to say that it is NOT necessary to GIVE 50 GEMS, you will be given the right to a new name for free.

You should probably say that this was only because of your very specific circumstances, changing a name will almost always cost 50 gems.

akahaka wrote:

Of course, this feature will be available in the game reebot. When all inactive accounts will be deleted, you can pick up one of the rare names, depending on the release interval of the reboot and the time when you create the account.

Not sure where you got this from... I haven't seen any discussion about this in the staff chat so unless it was before I joined the team this was probably just an idea, or maybe you misunderstood.

Edit: Oh wait, just realised I probably misunderstood, I thought that you were saying that accounts would be deleted after they have been inactive for a certain time, but I guess you were saying that when we transition to EEU old EE names will no longer be taken, which is likely to be correct.

akahaka wrote:

This will clear the list of inactive players in the system (which will be good).

Why exactly is this good? Theres no disadvantage of having inactive players that I know of other than the name being taken //forums.everybodyedits.com/img/smilies/tongue

Wooted by: (6)

#16 2018-10-05 19:27:32

daneeko

i dont have 50 gems but i think that in eeu ill take a 3-letter name (preferably a short version of daneeko)

UzI5nBc.png

#17 2018-10-06 12:24:28

Fairy
Banned

Very it's a shame, that the usual post with some information transformed in conflict, in which even comprised administrators. To humiliate a person (in this case me) due to the fact that I dont kept my promise and shared the information that a certain number of players does not know. Very mean. Is it possible to hide something from the players? I don't think administrators should do that. That's why I decided to say it in public.

#18 2018-10-06 12:47:44

cpcrabs

akahaka wrote:

Very it's a shame, that the usual post with some information transformed in conflict, in which even comprised administrators. To humiliate a person (in this case me) due to the fact that I dont kept my promise and shared the information that a certain number of players does not know. Very mean. Is it possible to hide something from the players? I don't think administrators should do that. That's why I decided to say it in public.

You spread some false information that could lead to confusion, LukeM kindly took the time to correct your errors. I see no harm intended here.

Just because you don't have the most wooted post doesn't mean people are trying to "humiliate" you. People can disagree and it still be considered a friendly conversation.

17 i think

cpcrabs1538826464727438

Board footer